1558 replies to this topic

#721 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:13 AM

hi. would love to see bagpipe warhorns in the game, the bagpipes are an instrument designed for war and hence would fit perfectly here. There are also many countries with their own versions so even more for you to play around idea wise there.
I'm sure they would sell ok as i've heard other mechwarriors say it would be a good addition.

P.S. Yup, you guessed it! i'm from bonny scotland

#722 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Kurita
  • Hero of Kurita
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

Report damage taken at the end of the match and increase score and payouts for higher amounts.

Free for all (ffa) mode

#723 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

View PostDoktorbike, on 23 July 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

hi. would love to see bagpipe warhorns in the game, the bagpipes are an instrument designed for war and hence would fit perfectly here. There are also many countries with their own versions so even more for you to play around idea wise there.
I'm sure they would sell ok as i've heard other mechwarriors say it would be a good addition.

P.S. Yup, you guessed it! i'm from bonny scotland

YES, YES INDEED!

#724 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:53 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 02 June 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

So let's keep this sub-forum active together and post your MWO Features wish-list here!

Hi Tina,

CW needs a larger overall meta-game like the below. Would anyone be interested in such a thing? The idea is loosely based of off some popular boardgames and, i think, could be used for CW.

MetaGame for CW and base for how to tie Solo to CW:

PGI hires unbiased mods to monitor and enforce Unit/faction contracts(think treaty). Each player/Unit gets a loyalty rating(% of contracts honored)

Make CW turn based. 1 turn = 3 weeks? Season is 6 turns? After 6 turns, season over, faction with most resources wins. Map reset. Very boardgame-ish.

Each Faction get 3 Elite units that represent leadership. Players determine. These Elite units can spend Action Points(think buying resources, Attacking, Defending, Terraforming...etc. Each Unit capped at 12 members. Would need tryouts. votes, Clan Trials, etc. players an do this on thier own.

Each Faction gets 3 Planets. Each planet has 10 maps set in an determined order(think HP) and each map has 5 resource slots(think modules).
Each Faction has a set# of resource generating modules they play on said slots. Where they places them determines how vulnerable they are. Example: Biggest resource module nets 500,000,000bills per turn.

Each Faction determine's Factions 'Trial' Drop decks for CW that ANY faction player can use in CW.
These mechs will have a Tier Rating that determines Usage Cooldown.(see Mech Tiers)

Each Faction determines a Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault GARRISON mech each with its own Faction chosen Build.
- Related to faction chosen Maps and Terraforming.

GARRISON mechs have a role for Solo as well...

The better the Drop deck the more Cbills it takes to drop in them(attack, defend, Scout, etc)

Faction Actions:

Upgrade Garrison Mechs. Some for CW. Some for Recon. Some for Solo.

Terraform - think Map quirks that affect weapons like ambient heat and Air Pressure that affects Dakka Velocity. Limited by cost and resource slots per Map.

Build Defenses( think modules that are consumable Mech Repairs in match, Ammo restocks in match, satellite UAV, LONG TOM(gonna cost you!!), Arty strikes, Drop Ship raids...etc.)

Raid(free, Solo, Group drops on enemy Maps that yield minimal rewards and loser doesnt lose much.)

Attack(think costly and requiring lots of Unit coordination) A Faction attacks another's Planet's Map. They win, they occupy and can claim Resource Modules.

Defend - like Attack but can use Defenses.

Recon - think Scouting matches but wins reveal info on enemy Units/Players/ RESOURCE MODULE LOCATIONS/ Garrison Mechs/ Garrison Mech loadouts/ Map Terraforms.
Recon also covers investing in HIDING via modules, other modules and the info stated above.

Forge Treaty - Hire other Units, other Factions to do dirty work.

Trade - sell/buy other Faction's GARRISON MECHS, represented as consumable modules. Could be used for covert operations..etc.

MOVE RESOURCES - think you occupy an enemy map, you can try to take a module(say, one that nets 10,000,000Cbills/turn) - will be expensive- or leave it and skim some of its rewards(mabe half per turn?)
Cost/risk associated with stealing it but easier to skim from it as long as you hold that map.

PLANET LOSS:
Each has 10 maps
Last map has Capitol.
Capitol Falls, Planet lost.
VICTOR can offer Vassalage(think they get half total resources each turn for as long as they rule)

Factions would need to balance terraforming, garrison mechs, map choice, defenses, scouting, treaties, Attacks, and WHERE to place resources.

SCOUTING

Successful scouting nets Intel Points that are Map/faction specific.

These points can be spent by leadership or SOLD to other Factions.

The Info gained by spending Intel should not be 100% accurate to ensure some redundancy in Scouting missions. Cross referencing to ensure validity.

RAIDS

Anyone can drop to attack another planet, similar to how it is now and resistance can be more based on Solos or casuals where the tryhards invest more into the important drops.

Raids should have a slight effect on the Factions involved.

SOLO
Now get this...

Solo can participate in CW.
You need a tier system in place. PGI meets with high level players and determines T1-T4 mechs.

Now, T1 mechs get a long cooldown between usages, more for CW(12 hours?), Minutes for Solo(15?)

T2 mechs get a shorter cooldown. CW=2 hours? 5 minutes for Solo?

T3 mechs get NO COOLDOWN/UNLIMITED USE

T4 mechs are FARMERS. Give x3+ Rewards in Solo, x6+? in CW?

Why the farm mechs?

Solo players join a Faction.
Faction collects TAXES on Solo player's matches. Goes to Faction resources for Elite UNits to spend.

Solo player, in return, gets GARRISON MECH consumable modules. Could also work in Map-specific Quirks for Solo.
Solo players Newbs/Casuals would gain quick access to each weightclass with premade loadouts.

PGI can use this system to allow Factions to introduce T3/T4 variants of pre-release-expired mechpacks for players to try. Think rental car-pokemech. Players missed all the pre-release goodies but an try the T3/T4 variants in exchange for taxes.

LP SYSTEM gets reworked to offer better rewards for CW loyalists(and ones with high Player/Unit Loyalty %) and also give rewards to Solos who wear the Faction's logo(and pay taxes).

Also - side note. Some weapons still need fixed(lbx, MG, etc)
BETTER MAP OBJECTIVES.

I have more detailed notes but wont bother expanding on them if no one is interested.

This is just the synopsis of how CW could work if modeled after a handful of popular boardgames. Waterdeep. Small World. Civilization(Syd Mead)...etc etc.

Thoughts?
Thanks!

Edited by InspectorG, 23 July 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#725 Viper0012

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:59 AM

In a real world situation, every unit knows basically what type of terrain they will be dropped into. This is a fact.
I think, first we all pick map and type of encounter, like normal, THEN, when the ready screen shows up, at this point, they is a button added, "change mech." This way if the intel indicates polar, or any other long, wide open map, and you are in a brawler, you could change to your sniper mech. You have to make the change within the timer time.
This would be ALLOT more fun for unlucky smucks like me who ALMOST ALWAYS get stuck with a brawler on a wide open map, or my sniper in the forest. I think it would also give some drivers incentive to have more then 1 type of mech. Most would have one mech for each type of terrain.
This is just my humble opinion after spending 10 years in the active duty military. We got basic terrain type but NEVER country or region. the following is a REAL example of a past deployment. "Ok, quiet please people, first we will depart at 1000 on the 8th of June for 2 weeks in mountain training."

#726 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Pasted from another response, but I think it applies here too:
~ I like the idea of character progression, but I also think it should be integrated through an expansive "Chat" system as well. Make friends based off of their characters (like we did in WoW).
~ I would also like to see some good story based missions thrown into the mix, not all of them fairly balanced: Kobayashi Maru (The unwinnable situation) etc. I also think arenas would be fun too: 1v1 2v2 4v4.... and I'd really like to see a lot more of that integrated into the star map, faction play etc. Suggest that QP is still very much QP, but there would be a lot of behind the scene effects on planets etc. You could manage as much or as little coordination as you desire. Be a QP Warrior (all default/auto pilot on where you attack), or go Full on and be voting on where your unit or faction attacks, or where "You" want to attack if your freelance. What planets you attack, can be up to you and each planet has to have some of each game mode (on a map that's common to the planets weather patterns and terrain etc.)... QP Warrior guy that hates snow maps can tweek a few settings here and there to control where he attacks and to some degree game modes, but unit commanders and small organized groups could have a strong impact by playing through many of the game modes on a single planet (or area), and the legions of "default" set QP warriors would be at command of the units via voting (or some system).
- Want real immersion? true to life stuff?, then ya, mix the whole thing up a tad, give command and control of where the legions go to unit commanders who then fight along side them with their units. Faction QP peeps would likely get to know many of the people they fight with making it more personal as well. That's what makes people come back more and stay logged in longer, makes more money for PGI to keep improving the game. Over all it's a fun game, and I play fairly regularly but I'm not much of a FW guy because of the time involved, but I like the concept and would love to see more ways to contribute.

#727 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

What this game needs is a news ticker.

Keep us updated on what year it is and current events of the time. Has Melissa Steiner-Davion been assassinated by exploding flower pots yet? Who rules the Federated Suns/Lyran Commonwealth/Federated Commonwealth? When will the Second Star League be formed?

More lore!

Also, where are the Inner Sphere weapons and tech that come along with whatever year it is?

And what about the clan wars? PGI mentions how the great houses of the Inner Sphere continue to fight among themselves even with the mutual threat of the Clans, but the Clans fight among themselves even more than the Inner Sphere does. Why is there no Clan Wolf In Exile? Dammit, PGI. Where are the refusal wars?

Edited by TTDeadsayer, 26 July 2016 - 06:52 PM.

#728 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 03 June 2015 - 12:38 AM, said:

I want a UI that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out.

We told you what was wrong with it during public testing, and yet you forged ahead and released an unfinished mess anyway. You can see the fall out of your decisions in the patch feedback section

I like the old UI this one seems like the idea was "how can we make the user track across the screen as many times as possible?"

#729 FirstRock

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 05:56 AM

I'd like to see mechs exploding from final crit hit or overheating and damaging anything near them ie. they go nuclear Also, some immediate negative effect from losing an arm/ torso etc.... right now you lose a significant part and you just carry on for the most part. In table top there is a roll for piloting skill due to the shift in weight.

#730 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostFirstRock, on 27 July 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

I like the old UI this one seems like the idea was "how can we make the user track across the screen as many times as possible?"

Especially on Triple rez
https://www.dropbox....triple.jpg?dl=0

#731 Valasharia

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostTHE DE NOMOLOS, on 19 July 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

Some of us have mechs that we don't use but can't sell. For easy of view, can we have a mech storage function or check box that puts them out of view? That would nice. Thanks.

Dead on. Cluttering up the mechlab with mechs I have deliberately disabled detracts from the overall view.

Here's a very easy fix to the Forest Colony map - put back the tunnel. It was one of my favourite features.

#732 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:08 AM

View PostViper0012, on 25 July 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

In a real world situation, every unit knows basically what type of terrain they will be dropped into. This is a fact.
I think, first we all pick map and type of encounter, like normal, THEN, when the ready screen shows up, at this point, they is a button added, "change mech."

Out of all the suggestions so far this makes a lot of sense. Even if you can't change your mech from one type of Mech to another , you could change the mech loadout if you own more than one configeration of the same mech type. I own 3 Mad Dogs,long range ability is fun until you end up in a place that requires short range. So may be changing to a mech of the same tonnage or a different load out?

#733 Bravo 6 Actual

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:53 AM

Greetings,
I have but one suggestion. Allow each pilot to pick and choose EXACTLY what map they play on-match the map with chosen mech and loadout..

All we have now is a multiple choice, resulting in a cluster**** of mismatched mechs and maps. Remember THIS IS A GAME and it is not fun having your loadout not work because of wrong map choice.
No fun = not going to hang around spending my money...
Great changes have been made and no doubt will continue to be done...and yes, I would rather sit for minutes waiting for my map then get steam rolled because I had a loadout that was primarily ineffective.

I do not brawl. So a brawler loadout is useless to me. I prefer to specialize ...

#734 CptnHero

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

I would like to put a bounty on some players heads for no particular reason Posted Image

Edited by CptnHero, 29 July 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#735 ALEXANDER CARLYLE

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

PGI please take this constructively.

1. Turn all CW maps into general, map versions. How hard can this be.

2. 20 vs 20. You telling me PGI can't add 16 more mechs to the battlefield? "Battlefield" the game has 64 player matches. That's 32 v 32!!! This would let us have true scouting units.

3. More new maps. Commit to two new maps in the next 3 months and one new map every three months after that for the next year.

4. Make a map maker and let the payers submit home brew maps for consideration. You still control the game, but we get to contribute and you just might be surprised at what we come up with. Grow the gaming experience.

You will sell more mechs if you do this. That's cash 4 you.

#736 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

View PostTHE DE NOMOLOS, on 31 July 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

PGI please take this constructively. 1. Turn all CW maps into general, map versions. How hard can this be. 2. 20 vs 20. You telling me PGI can't add 16 more mechs to the battlefield? "Battlefield" the game has 64 player matches. That's 32 v 32!!! This would let us have true scouting units. 3. More new maps. Commit to two new maps in the next 3 months and one new map every three months after that for the next year. 4. Make a map maker and let the payers submit home brew maps for consideration. You still control the game, but we get to contribute and you just might be surprised at what we come up with. Grow the gaming experience. You will sell more mechs if you do this. That's cash 4 you.

#1/3: YES!!

#2: I can understand why they don't do larger matches, especially for Faction. Until they figure out a way to either grow the player base substantially in Faction or reduce the number of queues for the matches, then larger numbers of players would only make it even harder to fill a match with players.

Especially #4 saves PGI work, and allows players to get more invested in the game at the same time. Even if the effort to review map submissions, possibly do small edits for whatever reasons PGI feels necessary, and implement them is equal to the work for developing maps from scratch I don't see where PGI loses anything from this.

#737 blenderDuk

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:16 PM

Placing a heat indicator in the HUD would be awesome!

#738 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 02 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Core Breaches that result in a large explosive flash of hot plasma. Not a fusion explosion, just the standard 100 meter radius flash and shockwave. It can cause minor damage like an airstrike and be completely random. Why? Because it suspends disbelief. Makes the mechs seem more real and the 31st century timeline more plausible.

#739 lazytopaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 316 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:08 AM

Um if it's not there (and I've missed it completely) a way to bind a key button to Command Wheel -> Target Spotted. So when for example I spot an enemy and target it I only need to press (for example) : "F" to instantly use Target Spotted on it without the need to open command wheel -> target the option and clickity clickity.

#740 StORmTrAin

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 03 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

A map cycle list would be awesome. With a drop down box on the team connection screen that allows a person to pick which mech they want to drop with.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users