#1241 Widowmaker1972

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:38 AM

1. New Map ideas
a. petroleum fields (an open area with rolling hills, pump jacks, oil rigs etc.Neutral temp)
b. Caverns ( fighting in multi level tunnels wilt limited open spaces.with a open central area.) colder map
c. Jungle Base (a mix of forest colony and polar highlands.) warmer map
d additions to current maps ie. Canyon 2, Rublette Oasis 2 etc All new maps but relate to the current selection.

2. The ability to use MC to purchase already released premium mech packs. (not pre orders)

#1242 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

Tina, you know how PGI does balance passes on the 'mechs? I'm thinking we need a regular UI assessment and tune-up. A few patches ago I started to notice changes in behavior in some of the features in the client screens:

-I used to finish a mission and find my Select 'Mech screen filters just how I left them; this feature behaves inconsistently now. Sometimes the filters are set the way I left them before a mission; but most of the time they aren't. I own over 100 'mechs now, which is a major performance killer on the client, and each time the filters reset to "Both" on the Owned-Trial-Both setting, amplifying the client's poor performance. I see similar behavior in the Favorites filter, the IS-Clan-Both filter, etc. Can this be recoded so that once I log in, the filter settings remain the way I've left them until I log out of MWO?
-In the Loadout screen, while working on some 'mechs I can drag a component from one body part to another; this doesn't work on all 'mechs, though. I don't have a preference either way, but it'd be helpful if this feature were consistent across all chassix.
-In the Camo Spec menu, if I toggle to "Owned" on the Patterns sub-menu, how come that changes the option circle to "Owned" on the Colors menu as well? Can't these option circles be separated? What I'd like to be able to do is browse patterns I don't own (which is how PGI makes more money), while coloring them with colors I do own. Having to reselect "Owned" versus "All" as I toggle back and forth between these submenus is unnecessarily annoying.
-Could we get a feature that shows just how much XP each 'mech has on it without drilling all the way into the Skills submenu of the 'Mech Lab? For example, it'd be nice to see that info somewhere in the 'mech's readout that pops up when I hover over it in the Select 'Mech screen. I tend not to run the same 'mech more than a few missions in a row, and when I'm mastering a 'mech I often die early and exit the match so I can drop and work on another 'mech. If you do this often enough, you lose track of which 'mechs had outstanding XP balance that could be used to update their Skills. To find these balances, it'd be nice not to have to click all the way into the Skills submenu.

I realize that upgrades to the MWO client menus are totally unsexy, but they really will improve the user experience, especially in between drops. And we really could use a regular process of revisiting how the client is working for people.

#1243 Black Lanner wannabe

Rookie

• The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 02:52 PM

"Feature Improvements:
- Updating the End of Round Screen to display the amount of time a player has spent on a capture point.
- Showing Sensor Range in the Mech Stats Panel.
- Showing Structure Quirks in the same manner as Armor Quirks in the Loadout Screen.
- Allowing players to activate a partial amount of Premium Time through the client as well as showing both active and banked Premium Time remaining.

Weapon Changes
Heavy Machine Gun (Both Clan and Inner Sphere):
1 ton ammo increased to 1250 (from 1000)
0.5 ton ammo increased to 625 (from 500)"

These improvements announced in the recent patch/roadmap are the most satisfying updates I have seen since the Black Lanner.

The immense amount of wasted premium time from having to activate huge groups of time for people that don't play on a daily basis is highly irritating, along with lack of basic HUD/Mechlab functionality finally seems to be slowly improved upon.

With how long this game has been in production & how far it has evolved, the lack of in game basic information available to players baffles me.

Instead of only focusing on rolling out new content all the time, please optimize & fix some basic layouts with tiny font, incorrect/lacking information, & lack of CPU multithread optimization.

1. In the Mechlab as well as in game, the 'Targeting Computers' do not show their applicable velocity/range bonuses anywhere as they should modifying the numbers when hovering over weapons in mechlab or the max optimal range meters in game.

2. Have the equipment modifiers listed under the skill point modifiers & quirk modifiers, all printed in unique color fonts so we can differentiate where each bonus is coming from, of course with the grand total at the end.

3. Velocity bonuses from targeting computers should apply to ALL weapons with a velocity mechanic including missiles, LBX, RAC, (L)AMS, flamers, & machine guns like skill points in velocity do.
Just don't apply the crit increases for certain weapons if you are worried about balance.
The targeting computer has already been nerfed to the point of being nearly useless, so could at least make it more versitile as a slot filler.

4. Update the Targeting Computer descriptions to include the aforementioned weapons & any effects or exclusions - as it is now, half the weapons are not even listed & even though RAC is a type of autocannon by name, it is not affected by any targeting computer buffs AFAIK.

5. Should have a base + skills modifier + equipment modifier +mech quirk modifier listing for mech sensor/ECM range listed in Mechlab & a max range listed in game somewhere.

6. Minimum range weapons should have their minimum effective ranges listed in hard numbers, not just on an unmarked graph.

7. Modified max effective range should also be shown in game seperate from the max optimal range & in range number/crosshair coloration, especially for damage stepped weapons like ATMs.

8. Spread reduction percentage for both missiles & LBX should be listed in Mechlab, taking into account Artemis, Mech quirks, skill points, & TAG use.

9. TAG designator itself doesn't show the lock on time & missle spread percentage decrease in Mechlab.

10. Rainbow decal.

11. Organic battlewear type of aging, similar to the founders mech skins, should be an option for all mechs - based on playtime of a particular chassis to heighten realism.

12. SMAA + FXAA Antialiasing option.

13. Modifiable chainfire interval per weapon group & per weapon (if multiple weapons are included on one weapon group.)

14. Better visual/audio alert functionality for ramp type weapons - flamers, guess, RAC, etc.

15. Font size options.

16. List equipped ammo totals per weapon type in mechlab (adjusted for skill modifiers if applicable.)

17. Thank you for including the greatest mech ever designed - Black Lanner.

#1244 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:30 PM

more maps in faction/invasion PLEASE.
an ECM consumable.
show damage taken as well as damage done.

#1245 Janet Yellen

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:15 PM

Tier System rework to improve matchmaking in solo que.
New Tier system will be based on ones average match score on the last 25 games played.
Until your first 25 games have been played you will be placed as tier 3. Afterwards, you will be ranked accordingly as follows:
Average match score <175 = Tier 5
Average match score >=176-200< = Tier 4
Average match score >=201-225< = Tier 3
Average match score >=226-250< = Tier 2
Average match score >=251 = Tier 1

After the new system is in place PGI should institute seasons with rewards for good play.
The season will reward a specific decal, and some GXP, greater rewards for higher tier placement and Special bonuses for not dropping in Tier ranking in the season to encourage consistent play for your ranking.

Edited by Janet Yellen, 02 March 2019 - 09:21 AM.

#1246 Xylog

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:06 PM

View PostJanet Yellen, on 24 February 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

New Tier system will be based on ones average match score on the last 25 games played.
Until your first 25 games have been played you will be placed as tier 3. Afterwards, you will be ranked accordingly as follows:
Average match score >175 = Tier 5
Average match score<=176-200> = Tier 4
Average match score<=201-225> = Tier 3
Average match score<=226-250> = Tier 2
Average match score<=251 = Tier 1

After the new system is in place PGI should institute seasons with rewards for good play.
The season will reward a specific decal, and some GXP, greater rewards for higher tier placement and Special bonuses for not dropping in Tier ranking in the season to encourage consistent play for your ranking.

This would help the the queues if possible. Allowing the casuals to play casually and tryhards to get competition they need.

#1247 BayouDeputy

Rookie

• The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:43 AM

Ive been playing for a little over 2 years now. One of the things that has always bothered me is the fact that if you call in a air/arty strike and you are destroyed before it hits, you do not get any credit for any damage that the strike causes. It would be awesome to have it so that you still get credit for any/all damage that your called strike causes after your destruction.

#1248 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostBayouDeputy, on 25 February 2019 - 04:43 AM, said:

Ive been playing for a little over 2 years now. One of the things that has always bothered me is the fact that if you call in a air/arty strike and you are destroyed before it hits, you do not get any credit for any damage that the strike causes. It would be awesome to have it so that you still get credit for any/all damage that your called strike causes after your destruction.

Especially since your paying for that strike.. if the damage isn't gonna count, I want a refund :P

But seriously, I've emailed PGI about this and I agree with you Bayou.. there's no reason why it shouldn't count.

#1249 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:31 AM

View PostJanet Yellen, on 24 February 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

Average match score >175 = Tier 5
Average match score<=176-200> = Tier 4
Average match score<=201-225> = Tier 3
Average match score<=226-250> = Tier 2
Average match score<=251 = Tier 1

I don't play MWO anymore(because Supreme Commander online is awesome), but going from memory... those average match scores are too low for Tier 1, and the separation between categories is too narrow.

Tier 1 should shoot for ~400+ or so, unless the scoring system has changed in the last couple of years. The idea should be to keep the scrubs in plebland and let the good players play versus... good players. Start screwing up, your tier can go down.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 25 February 2019 - 11:32 AM.

#1250 Janet Yellen

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Mister Blastman, I used last months Jarl's list data to set the levels they are subject to change as new data is available but if you look at Jarl's data it should be a good starting point.

#1251 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:27 AM

Number one. NASCAR idiots get orbital bombardment as it's enough to justify breaching the ares convention.

Number two. Bring back random maps and lose the map voting. ******* stupid idea.

Number three. Spend some time and money on working out how to implement at least some form of matchmaker.

Last but not least. Actually give a **** about the game and it's players.

#1252 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 03:37 AM

View Postmad kat, on 02 March 2019 - 12:27 AM, said:

Number three. Spend some time and money on working out how to implement at least some form of matchmaker.

There will be a new MM, but only for FP. FP is dead, so this MM, which looks very good, will not work like it could, cause for a good MM to work you need a certain number of players.
But this MM also would work fine for QP. So i hope they will implement it in QP.

#1253 mdb

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Make light mechs easier to hit, and bring back knockdowns, especially for smaller mechs. I just saw a match where a stealth locust went 5v1 and finished the game with 1222 damage. Nothing could hit it.

#1254 4r3s

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:01 PM

Practically can't play with friends. Fix the (insert swearword here) matchmaking for quickplay as a group and just match 'em with single-players alike.
Mechwarrior ONLINE, out for over 5 years: Can't play with friends, still can't use a controller. But hey we got another really DUMB game mode that no one needed.
This game is dying because the dev's don't have their priorities straight.

#1255 Sparky424

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:33 AM

Now that we can save our load out of a Mech. I would like to use this after the map vote. Letting us use a load out that works for that map.

#1256 Foxtwat

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:58 AM

Rearview mirror / screen in the cockpit.

#1257 hestor1

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 11:47 PM

i would be happy if the game did not lock up after every 3rd match . i think that would be a great feature. also put the ability to select match type back in so we can choose to play skirmish only. forcing players to play game modes they do not enjoy or have no interest in is a horrible idea

#1258 Willy Wally

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:11 AM

Ideas for changes

On the Friend tab: a) be able to request to join the group your friend is leader of, and B) Show if a friend is LFG,

Make the Friend tab and the LFG tab open as a window as is does with the chat box.

On the Events tab: a) have tab blink when you have completed an event and B) when you open the event page have a completed symbol when you have completed all the tasks for that event.

Edited by Willy Wally, 31 March 2019 - 10:12 AM.

#1259 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:36 AM

I think it would be nifty if someone on your friends list would be identified on the pre drop screen.
Also, on the same screen, I thought about adding a grudge, or respect icon, just like the mute or add friend.

Have Solaris be able to VOIP enemy combatant. I have found it hard to believe it was never part of the plan. If someone is truly abusive then mute.

#1260 Wikikomoto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 119 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC Canada

Posted 07 April 2019 - 04:05 AM

a feature was talked about YEARS ago where mechs would have cosmetic parts swapable. like different heads and arms and stuff. the bolt ons are nice, but i really want to equip the crb-20 crab arms onto my other crabs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users