Ptr Balance Test... What A Mess...

431 replies to this topic

#141 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

DLing right now to take a look for myself, since none of you made a post that was in any way depicting how mechs were faring in relations to each other , I just saw saltiness deluxé .

What a bunch of betatesters you are :P

#142 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostRad Hanzo, on 12 September 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:

DLing right now to take a look for myself, since none of you made a post that was in any way depicting how mechs were faring in relations to each other , I just saw saltiness deluxé .

What a bunch of betatesters you are :P

Won't matter, there aren't enough people on currently to launch a game.

#143 Siviiliuhri

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

So basically if this comes out without addressing the IS vs Clan weapon balance we go back to pre-quirk Invasion stage? I dont see how any IS player would be motivated to continue to play without weapon parity with clantech... If you are in game only as a victim that grows old real fast :'(

Edited by Siviiliuhri, 12 September 2015 - 04:59 AM.

#144 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

Won't matter, there aren't enough people on currently to launch a game.

PGI should learn to add release valves for the PTS to allow matches of 4v4 up to 12v12.

If it's 4v4 up to 8v8 they can just toss people into old forest colony and use regular maps for 9v9 upwards.

Edited by Elizander, 12 September 2015 - 04:55 AM.

#145 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostElizander, on 12 September 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

PGI should learn to add release valves for the PTS to allow matches of 4v4 up to 12v12.

If it's 4v4 up to 8v8 they can just toss people into old forest colony and use regular maps for 9v9 upwards.

Too hard™

#146 Tahribator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:59 AM

I'm exploring PTS at the moment and it's simply appalling. They've undone all the good work done by the iterations on the current quirk system (things such as each variant having a different flavor, shield arms with extra armor and so on) and replaced them with illogical/out of place quirks their algorithm spitted out. Plus, most quirks break the "mechy" feeling of the game. Ridiculous accelerations, turn rates, twist rates . . . it turns the game into Hawken. Infotech is a joke and is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

If they get these changes through without a major revision, I will seriously consider quitting this game. We must put serious pressure on PGI on all channels to put a stop to this nonsense.

#147 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:09 AM

So, to summarize;

- Weapon quirks have been removed, ensuring Clans dominate

- Random buffs and nerfs have been handed out to structure, armor, and mobility, ensuring that whatever mechs we have today will probably in no way resemble what we have after this idiotic patch goes live.

- The Timberwolf, apparently, needed buffs.

Right... This wouldn't even make a good April Fool's joke, but here we are.

It also proves with absolute certainty that PGI has NO CLUE what they are doing or how to balance this game. Don't they understand that the only thing keeping IS playable was the weapon quirks? Do they not understand that random quirks that aren't even remotely consistent across a chassis series just makes the game stupid and confusing? Do they have any idea how long it takes to grind out a new chassis (3 of them, in most cases) and how insanely frustrating it is to see everything change ever 6 months into something totally different?

I have 20 million cbills and more than enough real-world money that I could throw at this game... and despite liking the mech combat, I have ZERO incentive to spend a single cbill on anything at this point, because things keep changing - and becoming more and more stupid - for no good reason.

Would you buy a sports car that might turn into a rusted out truck in 6 months? Of course - so why buy anything in this game? Ugh!

#148 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:10 AM

The problem is it destroys light mechs

90% of all light mechs now have zero reason to be run.

It's back to whoever has the most hardpoints wins. Unless it's ECM Info war doesn't matter a damn.

However it does significantly boost the majority of heavies and assault making them extremely nimble able to jump in and out of cover pretty quickly.

Man-o-War with 1020% turn rate...yeesh.

Also worth point out: Hero mechs being Pay 2 Win is a legitimate gripe now. Almost all hero mechs are miles above their counterparts in quirks and hardpoints.

#149 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:15 AM

Turning around doesn't mean the Mech is agile. Lights always have their place because of fast speed, small size and JJs plus other stuff. Fast-turning assaults are just what they are - fast turning assaults.

#150 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 12 September 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

The problem is it destroys light mechs

90% of all light mechs now have zero reason to be run.

It's back to whoever has the most hardpoints wins. Unless it's ECM Info war doesn't matter a damn.

However it does significantly boost the majority of heavies and assault making them extremely nimble able to jump in and out of cover pretty quickly.

Man-o-War with 1020% turn rate...yeesh.

Also worth point out: Hero mechs being Pay 2 Win is a legitimate gripe now. Almost all hero mechs are miles above their counterparts in quirks and hardpoints.

Its torso twist - and its more than likely a mistake.

I wouldn't say the Grid Iron or the Boars head, or the Yen low are MILES above the competition... :|

#151 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostSaxie, on 12 September 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its torso twist - and its more than likely a mistake.

I wouldn't say the Grid Iron or the Boars head, or the Yen low are MILES above the competition... :|

GI is arguably inferior to the -4G now. Yen-Lo is basically a wash with the -AH or -D depending on your preferred build.

Cataphracts are a mess, apparently Nerfinator STILL hates the -3D it not only has 0 tanking quirks but mobilty nerfed accell/decell down 10% and turn rate -20. (but plus 35 yaw and 15% yaw rate)

For reference the -0X The ECM GODBOX variant has +40% turn rate +7/8 structure to all components +40 yaw, +15% yaw rate

Seriously you are trying to tell me that ECM is of less value than Hoverjets™ Seriously?

#152 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 12 September 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

Seriously you are trying to tell me that ECM is of less value than Hoverjets™ Seriously?

I don't know. The amount of value they give ECM is as inconsistent as everything else.
I mean, the DDC, because it has ECM, didn't get ANY durability quirks (like every other Atlas, up to 50 points!!), instead it got NEGATIVE mobility quirks.
Because, it was SOOOooo overpowered, i mean, you'd never see a single Direwolf in the game! Nothing but Atlas DDCs after Atlas DDCs!

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 12 September 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#153 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:30 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 12 September 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

I don't know. The amount of value they give ECM is as inconsistent as everything else.
I mean, the DDC, because it has ECM, didn't get ANY durability quirks (like every other Atlas, up to 50 points!!), instead it got NEGATIVE mobility quirks.
Because, it was SOOOooo overpowered, i mean, you'd never see a single Direwolf in the game! Nothing but Atlas DDCs after Atlas DDCs!

Yeah that is another that is a head scratcher, and panning around in the lab they are everywhere.

#154 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 12 September 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

They removed quirks but added more module slots. The Atlas D has lost one. The K have a extra module slot.

It's basically thin paper with extra cooldown/range/whatever + ECM.

#155 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:33 AM

View PostSarlic, on 12 September 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

It's basically thin paper with extra cooldown/range/whatever + ECM.

Mhm. Really lives up to the Atlas' reputation of "An unstoppable 100 ton juggernaut, that's as tough as it is ugly"

#156 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 12 September 2015 - 05:33 AM, said:

Mhm. Really lives up to the Atlas' reputation of "An unstoppable 100 ton juggernaut, that's as tough as it is ugly"

I still took the RT off of a -D with two alpha's. Yeah, its hardcore.

#157 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:35 AM

*popcorn time*

FIRST step of the balance. everyone goes nuts.

yeah..... its just the beginning.. cant you all just wait and test before threadbombing the sh*t out of here....
we dont even know whats coming the next step so why the hell are you all such whiney knobheads?

ffs.....

#158 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

*popcorn time*

The problem is that this "first step" is a giant leap and in a completely incomprehensible direction.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 12 September 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#159 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostAlienized, on 12 September 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

*popcorn time*

yeah..... its just the beginning.. cant you all just wait and test before threadbombing the sh*t out of here....
we dont even know whats coming the next step so why the hell are you all such whiney knobheads?

ffs.....

Again, because PGI tends to put whatever hits the test server live without any significant changes, this is a point of concern because no one can make any sense of what they are trying to accomplish. Paul posted the what they were trying to do, but it makes NO sense when you look at it in the the mechlab.

#160 michaelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:38 AM

Looks like ability to run non meta variants is being removed.

Goodbye to ER PPC adders or novas please bring more pulse/er lasers.

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users