210 replies to this topic

#81 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:44 AM

Another light chassis waits for me, awesome! Can't get enough lights to fight with/or against XD!

#82 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostBoyka, on 15 October 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sigh.. :(

Ummm.... You do know you're sighing at a photoshopped version right? A few people seem to have made that mistake in this thread... The image he posted, and you have quoted, were tweaked by the poster to be what he would have liked to have seen >>

Actually... When you take the angle of the original drawing into account... I think we wound up pretty close.... The head looks way different, but at the fairly extreme angle, it might still be right... The right arm unquestionably changed, which I will cry bloody murder if they do that to the Marauder's cannon. And the exact spacing of lasers on the torso definitely changed... But otherwise, if you really sit and compare parts, we got a pretty faithful adaptation.

If someone who is not on a cell phone could kindly crop and splice this screencap from the instagram post with the concept art... You might find it's closer than we give it credit for...
Posted Image

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 15 October 2015 - 05:36 AM.

#83 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:16 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 October 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

Ummm.... You do know you're sighing at a photoshopped version right? A few people seem to have made that mistake in this thread... The image he posted, and you have quoted, were tweaked by the poster to be what he would have liked to have seen >>..

Yeah, that's why i've posted the Mc d0n8ld image too for the "what you see is (or isn't) what you get"

By the way I'm little disappointed because mechs from the previous packages are close to their related concept art, in this case Wolfhound and Black Knight escpecially are really different, that's my point of view of course but when I finally got something I bought my first reaction should not be: Is this what I bought? Why I bought it?

Looking forward for the in game behaviour, in the meantime.. sigh :(

Edited by Boyka, 15 October 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#84 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 October 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

Well personally I do not think the Highlander IIC looks bad at all. I should also mention the fact that it's a war machine and it isn't meant to look sexy all the time... Some of them will by ugly and that isn't a bad thing. In some cases the mech was designed to be ugly to create an impact on the enemy such as the Atlas.. do not see many people complaining about that mech... well... about it's looks anyway... I do like how he incorperated the round theme he put with the IIC's as he put in the Jenner and Hunchback IIC's... that could be the offputting part for you however as it stands away from the generic blocks MW: O is famous for that are called legs, torsoes, and heads. :ph34r:

I understand that part, like the Gargoyle: It's meant to look ugly, and I appreciate the fact that it looks ugly and that's why I know it and like to try it out once in a while.

Highlander IIC however, has no reason to be ugly, and to me, it looks like, as per say yet again, a mech with a conquistador hat along with a bolt action rifle for an arm with knee pads as if mech jousting was taken to the extreme.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but the TRO Art and Concept art for the Highlander IIC rubs me wrong. The others are fine, it's just the Highlander IIC rubs me the wrong way somehow.

Oh well, at least I remembered that I'm going to be in first person, in the cockpit, so that I won't have to look at it's ugly profile :P

#85 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 324 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

The head, arm, and chest are completely different . :( really dislike the look of it. Hope they stick the marauder concept and in game better then this

#86 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

pgi, make something before selling it.

#87 Mainhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:07 AM

Looks like Chappy.

#88 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:12 AM

Looks like a brick and need some overhaul.

But the badge is nice...

#89 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 959 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

It's a mech, it's a light, i will have fun with it.

It's Ugly? I don't care if the enemy is scared to death or dies chocking cause he's laughing too much or whatever.
I am here to play/fight, not to pose and "he, look at my sexy mech".

Just my 2 cents.

Greetings

el piro

#90 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostOstrea, on 15 October 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

A mech only its mother could love.
As a rookie, I embarrass myself enough in battle. Don't need help from the designer(s) on that count. The skinny waist, broad shoulders and pointy ears render it a werewolf inspired abomination – or, if you will, Tier 5 anthropomorphism.
http://openwalls.com...b3_werewolf.jpg
Sorry.

you know, really only tier 1 pilots solely use super meta mechs, and that's going to probably change with the re-quirkening. also, FYI, the grouping on those chest weapons is exceptionally tight, which'll make this mech could at punching holes in specific armor sections...which is pretty much the entire reason a Thunderbolt 5SS is a super Meta, when the Grasshopper and Black Knight can do the same thing.

Quirks mean a lot less in comparison to how tight groupings on weapons are. remove the quirks and the the only T-bolt the 5SS won't outdo brawling is the Top Dog, given the brace of eight energy hardpoints tightly clustered over its side torsi. I pilot a Top Dog, and that weapon grouping is what helps me shred people.

The Wolfhound'll just be a smaller version.

#91 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

God, that flatscreen face :wacko:

Any chance to cut off the upper corners at least?

#92 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:14 AM

I like it. I mean, the shoulders are a bit wide, and the mech in its entirety is a little blocky. But I like it.

I mean, it's a Wolfhound after all.

#93 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 14 October 2015 - 11:31 PM, said:

This is a Mechwarrior Online, it's a Cash Deposit machine, it was never meant to be pretty, just effective at its job.

Fix'd

#94 Ostrea

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 15 October 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

FYI, the grouping on those chest weapons is exceptionally tight, which'll make this mech could at punching holes in specific armor sections...which is pretty much the entire reason a Thunderbolt 5SS is a super Meta, when the Grasshopper and Black Knight can do the same thing.

Quirks mean a lot less in comparison to how tight groupings on weapons are. remove the quirks and the the only T-bolt the 5SS won't outdo brawling is the Top Dog, given the brace of eight energy hardpoints tightly clustered over its side torsi. I pilot a Top Dog, and that weapon grouping is what helps me shred people.

The Wolfhound'll just be a smaller version.

Thanks. Especially your grouping thoughts make sense. It is certain at this time that you can more authoritatively speculate on this mech's potential combat worthiness than I can.
My objection pertains purely to aesthetics. Imho, mech designers take a big risk when they start to borrow familiar physical attributes from cats, dogs, crabs, werewolves or whatever to have a mech “somehow” better live up to its nom de guerre. Admittedly, it can work. For example, I think they did well with the King Crab in that regard. In this case, however, they failed. If I want to live werewolves again, I'll go check and see if my ol' druids in D2 are still alive. :)

#95 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostOstrea, on 15 October 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

Thanks. Especially your grouping thoughts make sense. It is certain at this time that you can more authoritatively speculate on this mech's potential combat worthiness than I can.
My objection pertains purely to aesthetics. Imho, mech designers take a big risk when they start to borrow familiar physical attributes from cats, dogs, crabs, werewolves or whatever to have a mech “somehow” better live up to its nom de guerre. Admittedly, it can work. For example, I think they did well with the King Crab in that regard. In this case, however, they failed. If I want to live werewolves again, I'll go check and see if my ol' druids in D2 are still alive. :)

Well, good thing that only the ® variant will have the goofy wolf-ears (never been a big fan of them, to be honest).

#96 Muqtada al-Swayze

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 15 October 2015 - 01:39 AM, said:

So... I am slightly confused. I remember waking up today and being very excited on how sexy this looks, then I see your post complaining how it is the opposite... is it possible that you got a picture of an earlier tease/ it's "unfinished' state? Because this is the latest picture I got by my knowledge and I am like... you know, slightly confused...

Personally I think bashing on the MW: O devs quickly is a bad idea... I do not think taking in bad designs and accepting it is a better idea either... I would rather think that we should remind ourselfs these are real people working behind the computers working hard on these and probably pushing extra hard to get it working... We do have to remember they remoddled the entire head area just to please us fanatics who want ears on our wolfhound. I think positive encouragement and suggestions would go a long way and I do hope the community does mature a bit up and be a bit more respectful because the sooner we treat the devs and such as real people and not slaves who only exist for our pleasure and for the game the sooner they will treat us as humans and not a reason to go to your local psychotherapist every week and giving you a bad gut feeling every time you go dare look at the forums and log in on twitter...
Sorry if this seems to target you- it's just everyone here extremely ravelling in 'disgust' and raging out there.

This entire argument is thrown out because the image you quoted from me is a photoshopped edit. That is entirely constructive. There are folks who paid money for this and as consumers they are entitled to hold the 3d modeler accountable. To dismiss this as "bashing devs" is unconstructive.

On another note, someone else made a photoshooped edit that simply tilts the shoulders and arms to around the same degree that the commando's arms are angled. This is a much simpler edit and on top of making the chest lasers smaller would already greatly improve the wolfhound.

Edited by SuperiorRobutts, 15 October 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#97 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

I like only the title...

#98 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

Not liking the badge, but it doesn't matter anyways, I'm not exchanging my red star for anything. :P
Same with the title, no thank you. ;)

As for the 'Mech itself, thus far I see what appears to be rather interesting! Also a lot of complaints, but I won't get into that.
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I know I'm looking forward to piloting it~ ^_^

#99 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 14 October 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

As far as i recall, even though it was made by the Lyrans, it was made in partnership with the Federated Suns.
If anything, it's both Lyran and Fedsun design (just like the Hatchetman, which even though was first made by the Steiners, it was designed by the FedSun)

Nope, almost pure Steiner design. Right from the TRO 3039:

"Archon Katrina Steiner ordered the massive Commonwealth military-industrial complex to
capitalize on the gains made by Defi ance Industries to produce a BattleMech capable of hunting down and defeating the Kuritan light ’Mechs known for embarrassing the topheavy LCAF.
Taking a page from the successful Desert Knights project, the Kell Hound mercenary group, known for its unwavering loyalty to the current Archon and House Steiner, was selected to test an experimental BattleMech design in early 3028. Unlike the Hatchetman produced by Defiance Industries, which had extensive help from a Federated Suns mercenary-scientist group, the Wolfhound was almost entirely of Commonwealth origins, with only the full-head cockpit ejection system needing outside assistance."

Edited by FLG 01, 15 October 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#100 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 15 October 2015 - 01:48 PM, said:

Nope, almost pure Steiner design. Right from the TRO 3039:

"Archon Katrina Steiner ordered the massive Commonwealth military-industrial complex to
capitalize on the gains made by Defi ance Industries to produce a BattleMech capable of hunting down and defeating
the Kuritan light ’Mechs known for embarrassing the topheavy LCAF.
Taking a page from the successful Desert Knights project, the Kell Hound mercenary group, known for its unwavering loyalty to the current Archon and House Steiner, was selected to test an experimental BattleMech design in early 3028. Unlike the Hatchetman produced by Defiance Industries, which had extensive help from a Federated Suns mercenary-scientist group, the Wolfhound was almost entirely of Commonwealth origins, with only the full-head cockpit ejection system needing outside assistance."

I stand corrected.
I did say "as far as i recall", which isn't much, because i have trash memory for 'mechs i'm not a big fan of. :lol:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users