What Mech Do You Least Want To See/ Hope Never Makes It Into Mwo?

141 replies to this topic

#81 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

It's like a giant, robot M.O.D.O.K.

#82 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

The whole Microsoft (and later retconned) 'Mechs from MW4. Though I know some will make it to MWO sooner or later.

#83 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 February 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

I have no idea what you mean. Clan mechs all look incredible!

Posted Image

Oh.

lol sweet jeebus thats rough also that imp plz no..

#84 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:28 PM

I have a list of what I want to see:

Javelin
Mongoose
Bushwacker
Cyclops
Devastator
Penetrator
Pillager
Nightsky
Hatchetman
Axman
Berserker
Orca

I also have a much smaller list of things I do not want to see:
Hatamato Chi
[Insert Hokey Totem Mech here]
Thorn
2, II, Mk 2, Mk II, Mk III, Mk IV, etc. versions of mechs (excepting the Hollander II and, maybe, the Marauder II)

#85 SkaerKrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 258 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostZordicron, on 28 February 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Akuma. I HATE IT'S FACE

Z'Gok... oh, I mean Karhu:

No-dachi. NO, NO, dachi, NO. Bad mech. Akuma face and a stupid sword

I agree about Hatamoto, and the Ost mechs. I left out quads because they are supposedly not coming anyway ever. Honestly, I could say the only mech with a medieval weapon I like is the Axman/Hatchetman. the rest look too "themed" for me.

I am not going to get into mechs I wouldn;t want because of loadouts because it would take a lot of explaining, and not just lulz pictures.

We can literally never be friends. Posted Image

#86 Archangel.84

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warhead
  • The Warhead
  • 220 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

I actually really like the Hatamoto for exactly the reasons Bishop doesn't, considering the lore around it. Posted Image

And the Imp - it's like the Urbie's giant redneck brother!

The Mk.II is one I actively dislike, not even talking about forum drama. And several WOB mechs (Blue and White Flame Posted Image making quads laughably ugly, the Celestial abominations). Totem mechs in general can be fun (Thunder Stallion and Balius yay!), but the Falcons went wayyyyyyy into crazyshittown with some of the Dark Age-era designs.

Edited by Archangel.84, 28 February 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#87 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 27 February 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

Me?. The MadCat mkII, duh! Posted Image

No, not really, just having some fun with my "notoriety".

I think you have a serious problem, and you need to stop posting for a while.

#88 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

And lo, Kiiyor did call down much wrath and forum anger upon himself when he revealed the mech he least wished to see stomp upon the hallowed grounds of MWO:

Posted Image

Veily, the skies themselves seemed angered after he clicked 'post' as dark, broiling clouds quickly hid the sun, and a tremendous crack of thunder seemed to split the earth itself as thunderous voice boomed angrily from the heavens:

'FORM NOT A HASTY JUDGEMENT OF THE STOMPY ROBOT, KIIYOR, UNTIL THOU HAST BEHELD IT UPON THE BATTLEFIELD. MANY HATH PROFESSED THEIR LOVE FOR THIS IRON BEAST, FROM BOTH TABLETOP AND GAMES OF YORE, AND I MYSELF AM NOT IMPARTIAL TO IT'S AWESOMENESS'

And Kiiyor was humbled, but felt as though he should stick to his guns:

'But lord, though I myself adore the machine, has thou not beheldeth the design of this abomination? In ye olde tabletop and many of the ye olde games, performance is based on loadout, whereas the physical design of machines in MWO has the greatest impact on overall effectiveness! And Indeed, the design of the Asp has meta heaped upon meta all wrapped in meta-fibrous meta-armour, with aged Gouda cheese flowing through it's veins and being cast forth from it's astoundingly well placed guns! I fear that it would be negatively quirked to the lowest circle of hell to compensate for it's design advantages!'

And the lord was taken aback and said unto him

'HOLY CRAP, IN THE CONTEXT YE HAVE PROVIDED THAT THING DOES INDEED LOOK OVERPOWERED AS BALLS'

#89 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 28 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 28 February 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

And lo, Kiiyor did call down much wrath and forum anger upon himself when he revealed the mech he least wished to see stomp upon the hallowed grounds of MWO:

Posted Image

Veily, the skies themselves seemed angered after he clicked 'post' as dark, broiling clouds quickly hid the sun, and a tremendous crack of thunder seemed to split the earth itself as thunderous voice boomed angrily from the heavens:

'FORM NOT A HASTY JUDGEMENT OF THE STOMPY ROBOT, KIIYOR, UNTIL THOU HAST BEHELD IT UPON THE BATTLEFIELD. MANY HATH PROFESSED THEIR LOVE FOR THIS IRON BEAST, FROM BOTH TABLETOP AND GAMES OF YORE, AND I MYSELF AM NOT IMPARTIAL TO IT'S AWESOMENESS'

'But lord, though I myself adore the machine, has thou not beheldeth the design of this abomination? In ye olde tabletop and many of the ye olde games, performance is based on loadout, whereas the physical design of machines in MWO has the greatest impact on overall effectiveness! And Indeed, the design of the Asp has meta heaped upon meta all wrapped in meta-fibrous meta-armour, with aged Gouda cheese flowing through it's veins and being cast forth from it's astoundingly well placed guns! I fear that it would be negatively quirked to the lowest circle of hell to compensate for it's design advantages!'

'HOLY CRAP, IN THE CONTEXT YE HAVE PROVIDED THAT THING DOES INDEED LOOK OVERPOWERED AS BALLS'

NEEERRRRDDD!!!

#90 Carby

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

Never to be seen: Raijin.
Seriously, it has a penis.....
Posted Image

I know it won't happen but I would love to see the (quad) Tarantula.

#91 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostHaakon Magnusson, on 28 February 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

it's not how many big guns you can fit in it, but in addition you can put some 12 MGs to it... which means MG can never be balanced to be a useful weapon in small numbers without adding some ghostMGexponential heat

Not sure your original statement was going for however I can talk about the MG ballance state.

Currently it has a cone of fire.

How about 1 MG basically has nearly no spread, and than the more MG's you got the slightly more it spreads?

#92 NeoAres

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 28 February 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

Posted Image

and in MW4 it was indeed excellent, right up until the moment Mektek inserted the Canis. Now THAT was an OP sniper
Posted Image

#93 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

View Post80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie, on 28 February 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

I think you have a serious problem, and you need to stop posting for a while.

I think.....

If you take this stuff that seriously, perhaps it's you who needs a time out. Seriously, grow a sense of humor. David Bowie would not approve.

View PostLucian Nostra, on 28 February 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

The redone version is nice..

Posted Image

I actually like the imp a lot..
/cries in the corner

Sorry. Redone version still looks horrible

#94 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 February 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Sorry. Redone version still looks horrible

The original was "Only at bar time and with a bottle of cheap Whisky" fugly... The redone version is only a six-pack and a shot fugly.

#95 EGG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:05 PM

How can people talk down the Imp?

If/when it gets here I'm going to paint it like an egg and drive the heck out of it. Possibly bully urbanmechs in playgrounds on River City also.

Posted Image

Edit- this is future me having a laser/missile party in my Imp.

Edited by EGG, 28 February 2016 - 10:11 PM.

#96 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostEGG, on 28 February 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

How can people talk down the Imp?

If/when it gets here I'm going to paint it like an egg and drive the heck out of it. Possibly bully urbanmechs in playgrounds on River City also.

You know how there's King Crabs and little bro Crabs?

Imps and Urbanmechs.

#97 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

I'd vote to never add the Mad Cat 2. Just because i couldn't get my Flea.

#98 Wild Pegasus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

I could do without seeing this thing.

Posted Image

Judging by its Sarna profile, the Baboon is basically just a Catapult but as a light Clan 'mech. There's a even a version that replaces the pizza boxes LRM-5's with an ERPPC, so it has it's own tiny K2 variant. Any of you Clan players want a smaller, more fragile, less capable and sillier looking Catapult?

#99 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,275 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostSami Starvixen, on 28 February 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

I could do without seeing this thing.

Judging by its Sarna profile, the Baboon is basically just a Catapult but as a light Clan 'mech. There's a even a version that replaces the pizza boxes LRM-5's with an ERPPC, so it has it's own tiny K2 variant. Any of you Clan players want a smaller, more fragile, less capable and sillier looking Catapult?

So Clan 20-tonner is smaller and more fragile than IS 65-tonner? What a surprise.

#100 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:44 PM

View Postmartian, on 28 February 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

So Clan 20-tonner is smaller and more fragile than IS 65-tonner? What a surprise.

You have to admit that.... Thing look garbage compared to the Catapult.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users