1 Week From July Patch. (Discussion & Updated Roadmap)

130 replies to this topic

#61 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:24 PM

Locust does need a slight quirk nerf to the armor and structure buffs. It's damn hard to hit, but shouldn't survive a 40-50 point alpha if it shuts down in front of you. Hopefully they leave the size and weapon quirks alone...

#62 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:45 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 July 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

Locust does need a slight quirk nerf to the armor and structure buffs. It's damn hard to hit, but shouldn't survive a 40-50 point alpha if it shuts down in front of you. Hopefully they leave the size and weapon quirks alone...

Nah. I have never seen a Locust survive an alpha like that while shut down. And...they still need to be able to armor share to some extent...something they are still not good at.

View PostNavid A1, on 12 July 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

And once again twitter has more info regarding future game changes than 4 YEARS of ENTIRE forum, COMBINED!

man... why are we even here!

Oh joy, so the 'Mech will go back to being a complete joke.

I like how it's okay for big heavy 'Mechs to have truckloads of advantages over lighter ones, but as soon as it starts becoming more of a ***-for-tat between the classes the bigs lose their marbles.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 12 July 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#63 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:01 PM

I love piloting assault Mechs. I love big fatties in all their slowness.

That said, you have to really suck as this game to think Locusts are B.S. OP death machines.

#64 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 July 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

That said, you have to really suck as this game to think Locusts are B.S. OP death machines.

Frustration complex....

still never avails to fail me.

#65 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 July 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

View PostProcurator Derek, on 12 July 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

Frustration complex....

still never avails to fail me.

So if I tweet Russ about certain 'Mechs being UP joke machines, wallet closed, will he buff them?

#66 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 July 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

So if I tweet Russ about certain 'Mechs being UP joke machines, wallet closed, will he buff them?

in two years it ain't helped the Summoner

#67 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:24 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 July 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

- Reduced LT damage.

What?

They're globally adding in reduced left torso damage?

#68 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 July 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

No man.. it only works the other way.

Dev get killed by mech X.
Mech X gets nerfed to oblivion.

that is how it works.

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 12 July 2016 - 04:24 PM, said:

What?

They're globally adding in reduced left torso damage?

Long Tom you mean?
yes.

#69 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Oh well, have fun with your Locusts this last week, I bet weapon quirks will go out. Why? Because it's the least logical thing to do, so PGI will go for that in a heartbeat.

#70 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 July 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

Nah. I have never seen a Locust survive an alpha like that while shut down. And...they still need to be able to armor share to some extent...something they are still not good at.

Locust 1V--CT Structure quirk +12, CT structure 12, front load the CT armor 20/4. She can take a 43 points to the CT and live. I know because I put 2 AC20's into a fresh one with my yen lo and I was raging that it didn't die. Turns out the math supports it.

#71 Kadreal

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:46 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 July 2016 - 03:24 PM, said:

I've never had problems killing Locust. I just hope they don't touch the leg armor quirk too much. Without it, Locust will be trash tier. tone down their weapon quirks slightly (More so on the 1V). Tone down/remove the Torso structure buffs on the 1V and they'll be fine. They also don't need the arm armor quirk. Those tiny little things rarely get hit.

I just hope they don't hit it too hard, or the ACH will be the only light we see.

Edited by Kadreal, 12 July 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#72 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 July 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Posted Image

And once again twitter has more info regarding future game changes than 4 YEARS of ENTIRE forum, COMBINED!

man... why are we even here!

There is no forum.

There is only 140 characters.

View PostKadreal, on 12 July 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

I've never had problems killing Locust. I just hope they don't touch the leg armor quirk too much. Without it, Locust will be trash tier. tone down their weapon quirks slightly (More so on the 1V). Tone down/remove the Torso structure buffs on the 1V and they'll be fine. They also don't need the arm armor quirk. Those tiny little things rarely get hit.

I just hope they don't hit it too hard, or the ACH will be the only light we see.

We'll be back to seeing complaints about it again, if that wasn't the case already.

I mean, many of those same players have been touched by the "6 MG Spider".

#73 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 12 July 2016 - 04:42 PM, said:

Locust 1V--CT Structure quirk +12, CT structure 12, front load the CT armor 20/4. She can take a 43 points to the CT and live. I know because I put 2 AC20's into a fresh one with my yen lo and I was raging that it didn't die. Turns out the math supports it.

By "like that" I was referring to the 50.

I still don't see a problem with it surviving an AC/40 strike to the CT. It has to be fresh to do so, and the ordeal will leave it crippled.

The only nerf I think the 1V needs is to the generic laser cool-down. And at that, it ought to be replaced with a split quirk that maintains the current MPL cool-down.

#74 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

I can not wait to see the new assault mode, still wish skirmish would be replaced with the current assault mode to make it so people get used to there always being two ways to win, just change it so the cap works like it does in world of tanks, get shot while capping, capping starts all over again. Sure, will frustrate some, but, it gives more strategy to it. We already have interrupting the cap, resetting would add more depth to what tactics you can use.

Supply Cache I am curious about, likely will never spend money on it and sell for extra cbills with current offers, if it had paints, one shot camo, mech bays, decals I would be more inclined to buy keys, so long as a key didn't cost as much MC as a paint or decal, more towards the cost of a one shot camo. Though, I don't know if we got a pricing for keys.

New mechs I am always happy to see, even if they are hyper destructive like the Kodiak 3 and cause some issues. Variety is what I want to see in MWO, builds and chassis. I am just hoping for a light quirk pass to deal with imbalances brought to the fore with the rescale.

#75 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 12 July 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

I am just hoping for a light quirk pass to deal with imbalances brought to the fore with the rescale.

Oh, there will be a quirk pass. Reductions for everybody!

#76 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 12 July 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Long Tom you mean?

Well that makes a lot more sense

#77 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 12 July 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

Oh, there will be a quirk pass. Reductions for everybody!

That would be a shame for my Phoenix Hawks, all three of them, their arms fall off so easily, at least I have them all elited and just am focusing on mastering the 1b. I am hoping for reductions for a few mechs, and some healthy increases for some others. I am not expecting anything bigger than a 5% change on anything though, even though the Phoenix Hawk needs Structure Quirks between the Blackjack and the Vindicator, I doubt it will get that.

#78 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 12 July 2016 - 06:10 PM, said:

I can not wait to see the new assault mode, still wish skirmish would be replaced with the current assault mode to make it so people get used to there always being two ways to win, just change it so the cap works like it does in world of tanks, get shot while capping, capping starts all over again. Sure, will frustrate some, but, it gives more strategy to it. We already have interrupting the cap, resetting would add more depth to what tactics you can use.

Supply Cache I am curious about, likely will never spend money on it and sell for extra cbills with current offers, if it had paints, one shot camo, mech bays, decals I would be more inclined to buy keys, so long as a key didn't cost as much MC as a paint or decal, more towards the cost of a one shot camo. Though, I don't know if we got a pricing for keys.

New mechs I am always happy to see, even if they are hyper destructive like the Kodiak 3 and cause some issues. Variety is what I want to see in MWO, builds and chassis. I am just hoping for a light quirk pass to deal with imbalances brought to the fore with the rescale.

Reseting the cap would make capping impossible.

#79 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:34 PM

View PostDavers, on 12 July 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

Reseting the cap would make capping impossible.

Then we change the cap time, honestly it wouldn't as you would have to reset everyone in the cap, more people in it, faster it goes, I wouldn't change how it works on conquest. So to stop people from capping in current assault you would either get in the circle, shoot all of them, or drop a strike on them. Would buy you time. To me capping should only happen towards the end of the match as a tactical way to end the game. Last enemy mech wants to just hide? Let them, sit on the cap and win. they expose to reset eventually you and whoever is left get to smack them because unlike WoT there are no invisible enemies.

#80 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 12 July 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Then we change the cap time, honestly it wouldn't as you would have to reset everyone in the cap, more people in it, faster it goes, I wouldn't change how it works on conquest. So to stop people from capping in current assault you would either get in the circle, shoot all of them, or drop a strike on them. Would buy you time. To me capping should only happen towards the end of the match as a tactical way to end the game. Last enemy mech wants to just hide? Let them, sit on the cap and win. they expose to reset eventually you and whoever is left get to smack them because unlike WoT there are no invisible enemies.

The point of capping isn't to avoid hunting down that last Pirate's Bane. Its supposed to be a valid win condition- something that allows a losing team to win the game through better map positioning and stuff.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users