#141 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:15 AM

View Postcazidin, on 13 March 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Alright. Tomorrow the dumpster fire shall grow to consume the entire island. Sorry but, there's going to be a lot of short term praise followed by long term sense of whelm.

Realistically, we know most of what could be included

We'll just have to add or remove a few items
Implementation details, or stats, are what will make the shitestorm

Such as...paywalled FutureTech™ behind the grabdeal.
Right, new mechpack tomorrow as well, so expect lots of happy customers (because how CAN'T it be the Madcat Mk2?)
That'll make up for all the Skill Cloud refunds.

Damn, they're good a milking nostalgia
But, that aside, I'm not expecting many details, maybe just a list of items, and the grabdeal. That won't be enough to satisfy my desire to know more (such as OP cHLs? Or worthless because 2s burn duration cHLL?)

#142 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 March 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Realistically, we know most of what could be included

We'll just have to add or remove a few items
Implementation details, or stats, are what will make the shitestorm

Right, new mechpack tomorrow as well, so expect lots of happy customers (because how CAN'T it be the Madcat Mk2?)
That'll make up for all the Skill Cloud refunds.

Damn, they're good a milking nostalgia
But, that aside, I'm not expecting many details, maybe just a list of items, and the grabdeal. That won't be enough to satisfy my desire to know more (such as OP cHLs? Or worthless because 2s burn duration cHLL?)

My concern is the stats. A lot of the weapons will be hard to implement and give them a balanced place, some future tech™ just won't be used for most builds. I foresee PGI announcing what they'll implement, but not how until much closer.

Edited by cazidin, 13 March 2017 - 07:24 AM.

#143 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:26 AM

cant wait till tomorrow, ill be updating my (3068 Topic) which i will be updating with the New Tech,

balance wise for heavy weapons like Heavy Gauss & Heavy PPC + Capacitor, would be defensive techs,
different armors, Reflective / Reactive though light buffs could add a good deal of Flavor to MWO,
but then again that depends on how they implement those techs,

#144 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 March 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

cant wait till tomorrow, ill be updating my (3068 Topic) which i will be updating with the New Tech,

balance wise for heavy weapons like Heavy Gauss & Heavy PPC + Capacitor, would be defensive techs,
different armors, Reflective / Reactive though light buffs could add a good deal of Flavor to MWO,

Andi, be prepared for another dumpster fire on these forums. Players still aren't happy about the skill tree, and a solid fix is VERY unlikely.

#145 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 March 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Based on what they have said so far, there is no indication that there will be a temporary paywall on future tech. Sounds more like the patch that the mech pack is delivered will ALSO see all the new tech added, and old mechs can start using it right away.

#146 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

Based on what they have said so far, there is no indication that there will be a temporary paywall on future tech. Sounds more like the patch that the mech pack is delivered will ALSO see all the new tech added, and old mechs can start using it right away.

We also didn't think they'd make the skill tree so expensive, to encourage people to spend more money to either buy new mechs or level their existing stable.

#147 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 March 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Heavy Gauss requires too many tradeoffs to be optimal IMO. 11 slots means no arm mounting, and STD engine only.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 13 March 2017 - 07:51 AM.

#148 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

Heavy Gauss requires too many tradeoffs to be optimal IMO. 11 slots means no arm mounting, and STD engine only.

agreed, changed it on my end, as their is no Crit Splitting, perhaps it should be 10Crits, to solve space problems,

#149 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

you can't arm mount heavy gauss regardless, because the recoil is too heavy. You could in TT use split crits, after all to place the majority in the arms, except the rules specifically prohibit it due to excessive recoil.

That said, once you get hit by a 50pt no heat PPFLD blast, by a Fafnir, you might not feel the same. Not perfect, but if they didn't require said tradeoffs, they'd be broke as heck.

#150 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:39 AM

View Postcazidin, on 13 March 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Andi, be prepared for another dumpster fire on these forums. Players still aren't happy about the skill tree, and a solid fix is VERY unlikely.

no offense, but it could work perfect, and most of those who are upset, will stay upset, for the same reason they have been upset for 4 years... because MWO wasn't made the way THEY wanted it.

XP costs are pretty inline as is, and still likely to go down, and the full top to bottom cbill cost, is under 5 million, or less that 2 modules in the current system. closer to 2.7 million to achieve parity with a non moduled, mastered mech, currently. Yes a lot of us took advantage of the old module system to swap them, but let's be honest that is exactly what we were doing..taking advantage of it. I know I did, and so now I pay the cost I "should" have paid in modules to begin with.

And even that cost, I am willing will be reduced after today's meeting. But more to the point, and I jsut got sidetracked, too, this is a New Equipment Thread, not a skill tree thread. Can we argue over the skill tree on one of the skill tree threads, instead?

#151 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Yes a lot of us took advantage of the old module system to swap them, but let's be honest that is exactly what we were doing..taking advantage of it.

While the cost is currently in a spot that I am okay with, I would like to point out, that swapping was a feature of that system. It even says that in one of the MWO tips. Something along the lines of "Save C-Bills by moving modules from mech to mech", so I think it is incorrect to say that we were "taking advantage of it" in the exploitative sense.

#152 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

While the cost is currently in a spot that I am okay with, I would like to point out, that swapping was a feature of that system. It even says that in one of the MWO tips. Something along the lines of "Save C-Bills by moving modules from mech to mech", so I think it is incorrect to say that we were "taking advantage of it" in the exploitative sense.

It wasn't an intentional feature so much as Russ and crew didn't really think through the grind cost vs hassle of swapping. It was always stated as End Goal of the skill system, and as such, the hope was we would get lazy and use our copious cbillls to module everything.

Most of us didn't, they realized they screwed up, but couldn't really change it in the old system. They closed a loophole. Nothing more. Does it suck? Yeah, I ain't Kinetix with 300 modules to get refunded. Fortunately I'm also not that guy who only ever bought one set of modules and swapped them every match.

I get what people are saying but feel PGI is not being unreasonable to want a middle ground here.

#153 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

Posted Image

#154 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 13 March 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

I get what people are saying but feel PGI is not being unreasonable to want a middle ground here.

I think middle ground is more or less where they are at now cost-wise, which has me satisfied. I can personally handle the 4 million c-bills, and the XP is about 15k more than a current mastered mech. That isn't too much extra grind for my less popular mechs, and the mechs I actually like will already be set.

#155 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I can personally handle the 4 million c-bills, and the XP is about 15k more than a current mastered mech.

15k per mech may not be much for you, but it will be for whales like myself with 300+ mechs. This is also just for the 91 nodes to "master" it too, that doesn't include unlocking ALL the nodes for those trees (which is where I begin to see a serious problem with it being unlock focused rather than skill point focused).

#156 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:01 AM

We're all missing the real gems that need to get implemented tomorrow.

#Magshot
#APGauss
#MakeLightsGreatAgain

Heavy whatever's and PPC Capacitors and all the rest of the siege equipment is all well and good, but I want me my MG-sized micro-railguns to pack into light 'Mechs cursed with an abundance of otherwise useless machine gun hardpoints. And let's be honest - you guys do, too. Somewhere deep within the cockles of your hearts.

#157 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 March 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

15k per mech may not be much for you, but it will be for whales like myself with 300+ mechs. This is also just for the 91 nodes to "master" it too, that doesn't include unlocking ALL the nodes for those trees (which is where I begin to see a serious problem with it being unlock focused rather than skill point focused).

Meeting today, to review, more details to come. Perhaps waiting and seeing? In truth, I think that in most cases, even as is, it's going to prove much ado about... well not nothing, but not near as much as people are making it out ot be.

End of the day, to me, the biggest hassle is the actual "doing" of going through and speccing all my gundams, to whatever degree. Between both accounts, I have close to 300 mechs, myself, and that is not something I look forward to. But I got to ask, out of those 300, how many do you actually regularly use? Me? A dozen? 15? So I'll knock those out pretty fast after the 21st, but tbh, the rest? I may unlock whenever I feel like playing them, and then the degree I'll spec them will probably be based on how much potential there is of me using it heavy, again.

But again, can we please return THIS thread to New Equipment talk, discussion, speculation? I think we have plenty of New Skill Tree threads for us all to obstinately restate our opinions on again, for the umpteenth time, ya know?

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 March 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#158 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 13 March 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

I have over 300 mechs as well so my whale status is on par with yours.. I just figure when I want to use the mech, I will just play it with 73 nodes unlocked and grind out the remaining nodes.

#159 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 13 March 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

I have over 300 mechs as well so my whale status is on par with yours.. I just figure when I want to use the mech, I will just play it with 73 nodes unlocked and grind out the remaining nodes.

HBK-4G(F), Urbies and Catapults are my priority. After that, I'll get around to it, well, when I get around to it.

But again, I'm even more looking forward to how those nodes will stack up with the new tech for those mechs, this summer, like hopefully LFEs... (hint, hint! New Tech topic, Not a skill tree topic!)

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 13 March 2017 - 09:08 AM.

#160 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

View Post1453 R, on 13 March 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

We're all missing the real gems that need to get implemented tomorrow.

#Magshot
#APGauss
#MakeLightsGreatAgain

Heavy whatever's and PPC Capacitors and all the rest of the siege equipment is all well and good, but I want me my MG-sized micro-railguns to pack into light 'Mechs cursed with an abundance of otherwise useless machine gun hardpoints. And let's be honest - you guys do, too. Somewhere deep within the cockles of your hearts.

I only care about those weapons if they add the Piranha Posted Image
Jokes aside, I'd love to use those on things like the Cicada 3C or a Viper with torso ballistics.

Also, why are you folks discussing the new skill tree in the new equipment thread? Take it to a more appropriate thread pls

Edited by armyunit, 13 March 2017 - 09:13 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users