I Am Just Couious. How Long Have You Been Playing Mwo? Will You Leave Mwo If This Skill Tree Is Droped On Live Servers?

188 replies to this topic

#141 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:48 PM

After playing only 9 months or so...
Leave because of the skill tree? Not as such.
Leave because the upcoming changes shatter further the existing lack of balance? Yeah, that's possible.
I'm not a fan of the upcoming changes. Any software development class will teach you that the shotgun approach is never the right thing to do. I don't like change for change's sake, and in each case it seems like there is a better, and in some simpler, way to handle the problems that are supposedly being addressed.
I say supposedly because there are certain problems that the new patches are supposed to be addressing that they patently do not (steps in the wrong direction, in fact).
I like it when there are good, respectful dialogues between the player community and the devs, where things are explained and backed up with data to show why (or discredited).
I dislike it when improvement does not seem to occur with each successive patch, and the path forward becomes murkier and murkier until it is unclear that it is a path forward.

#142 Snuggles Time

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:36 PM

Playing since beta and I'm staying.

#143 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 03:59 AM

I've been playing since the end of 2015, with 1100 hours in-game so far and over $100 spent in mech packs and MC.

And yes, this mess has every chance to convince me to leave the game for good - or at the very least severely curtail my interest in playing.

The general direction of having a skill tree is a good thing, but the current design is a crime against sanity, design and common sense that manages to fail at its' own goals. It introduces a fuckton of unnecessary complexity with negligible benefit to the player and no actual depth to the process.

I'm sure PGI loves their brainchild, but right now they need to take a step back and look at the facts: By and large, the community rejects their implementation (don't start with the "only a few vocal people" argument - the supporters and opponents are a representative portion of the community at large, and silence does not equal support).

PGI needs to pare down the design into something that is practical to use and advances their stated goals - the skill tree systems in games like League of Legends, Diablo 3 or Borderlands do the job just fine and are considerably simpler.

Edited by Horseman, 07 May 2017 - 04:58 AM.

#144 Dutchoper72

• PipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 43 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

Been here since launch....and I shall stay :D

#145 mercenarie

• PipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:58 PM

Regged in 2011 and played through all of the MWO phases, so you can say that I like the game a lot..
Should I leave after PGI puts an imbalance to all the mechs? no such thing. I've got hopes that PGI will make it right and listen to the community after they introduce us to the new weapons and when players start giving feedback..Also, play the goddamn game, don't just listen to the people on forums!

°7

Edited by mercenarie, 07 May 2017 - 11:58 PM.

#146 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:34 AM

I'm not a vocal proponent of PGI at all but the skill tree won't affect whether I stay or go. I tried it extensively on PTS and it seemed reasonable. Don't get me wrong I'm actually happy with the current skill tree and quirks approach but they seem to have made a decent go and generally digested feedback to lessen some of the worst elements like the cost/general ui. I can see where they're trying to go with the skill tree so I'm hopeful it will turn out okay. My one real worry is that bad mechs will just be awful now... their leveling will be even worse an experience as the skill tree has such a substantial effect in the new version. Pity as I rather like leveling those for the challenge.

Will it stop me buying mech packs... well it hasn't so far and I have all the Civil war elements to come. Though in fairness I'm mostly inactive currently until I found myself rather enjoying most of this FW event. Posted Image

PS: The cheapskate comment did send me insane as I'm one of those 300+ mech players but I've calmed down now. Posted Image

#147 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 May 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

I'm not a vocal proponent of PGI at all but the skill tree won't affect whether I stay or go. I tried it extensively on PTS and it seemed reasonable. Don't get me wrong I'm actually happy with the current skill tree and quirks approach but they seem to have made a decent go and generally digested feedback to lessen some of the worst elements like the cost/general ui. I can see where they're trying to go with the skill tree so I'm hopeful it will turn out okay. My one real worry is that bad mechs will just be awful now... their leveling will be even worse an experience as the skill tree has such a substantial effect in the new version. Pity as I rather like leveling those for the challenge.

Will it stop me buying mech packs... well it hasn't so far and I have all the Civil war elements to come. Though in fairness I'm mostly inactive currently until I found myself rather enjoying most of this FW event. Posted Image

PS: The cheapskate comment did send me insane as I'm one of those 300+ mech players but I've calmed down now. Posted Image

Well you get the cbills for re mastering them for free now, while now the module heavy guys get the finger..... No wonder you have calmed down.

#148 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:39 AM

Playing since 2013. In 10 days it will be a full 4 years.

And I love this game.
The Skill Tree will not make me quit, even though it's overcomplicated.

The engine desync (or global mobility nerf if we're honest) might, depending on whether they go though with it and how the baseline stats will look on live. One of the reasons I like this game is it's dynamic nature. Accelerating over 20 seconds to get moving is not my idea of fun. Let alone trying to change direction or stop and reverse.

It would make more sense to buff the mobility stats of lower engine values - because this way lower engine cap mechs are still screwed. The Panther is still going to be slow for a light mech. The BJ X1 is still going to be the most mobile one. And you never took oversized engines in assaults and heavies if you had a choice (unless you're doing the Banshee/Battlemaster XL LPL vomit thing - or playing a Victor (Posted Image LOL, as if))

I mean... a select few Omnimechs are a problem (hint: the Executioner is not OP even if it has a big engine) why not just nerf them ? Lower their top speed or something ? Do we need to change the way the global gameplay to maintain a numerical consistency someone invented for a board game with completely different mechanics ?

#149 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostCara Carcass, on 10 May 2017 - 02:30 AM, said:

Well you get the cbills for re mastering them for free now, while now the module heavy guys get the finger..... No wonder you have calmed down.

You really didn't bother to try the PTS did you - or even properly read the notes...

Try not to show your ignorance too much,

#150 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostAramuside, on 10 May 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

You really didn't bother to try the PTS did you - or even properly read the notes...

The 2nd iteration of the refund shifts the problem to the module heavy players with fewer mechs.

Just think about it....

Player A has 200 mechs and 10 modules, meaning he didnt master his mechs, because he never cared to buy modules and therefore lacks in teh cbill part of the old skill tree. He gets the mastery of his mechs for free now because mastering in the xp section of the old skill tree is enough to get 4 million cbills per mech for free. Meaning he gets the now fused cbill part of the skill tree for free.

Player B has 100 mechs and modules for all of them worth about a billion cbills. Meaning he could buy about 200 mechs if he didnt invest in cbills. This means he has grinded more thna player A by a huge amount.

Now with the new skill tree i can master those 100 mechs for free with the HSP i get for the mastery in the XP department of the old tree. The modules will be given back as GSP. Those are useless since i have HSP to level them all. In order to use Those GSP i have to buy 200 mechs. Meaning i have to grind another billion cbills to be able to use the 800 million cbills i have in modules right now.

I think its your ignorance and understanding of how the refund works and not mine.

I have spend a lot of hours in the PTS and i read the notes and approached them from both sides - module heavy since that was my side and then mech heavy to uderstand why the forum isnt buring already. Its the mech heavy players that just see ok - everythign is alright for me ----> must be the same for everybody else.

Edited by Cara Carcass, 10 May 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#151 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

I think I will start a new account and just start over

#152 Amerante

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

I'm playing since closed beta, often having a break, but still got 13 months of premium time ready to use.
I will return for the skilltree.
(And I was waiting for the EnergyDraw too.)

#153 Alloh

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:16 AM

One year, but I'm a VET from MW2, MW3, MW4 and all expansion packs.

And I think this new skill tree as a good improvement, even more for new players.

Therefore, I will continue playing, and probably will spend less cash to have the same or more fun!

BUT...

We *NEED* some sort of automation on conversion. Probably a button to a script that does a standart conversion at once!

Like, I have "N" mechs masterized, with modules installed. Then, in conversion, I click on alternate button, and this mech gets all 91 points of improvements, in the directions of my installed modules.

If no module, then a standard conversion is performed, unlocking the branches/nodes to a similar level as before.

The result is that in a single operation, for each of my mechs, I get a new mech with a default set of skills/nodes.

And I still can change it later. Or do the manual process to specialize.

But this automation can help keeping our vets...

#154 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 01 May 2017 - 02:59 AM, said:

I am not better of after the skill tree change goes live, i loose 800 million cbils. I cant buy mechs since the cbills are gone. If i sell the modules for half value before the skill tree goes live i am better off then just converting them to GSP. That means i am better off even while loosing half the cbills i spend.

Actually, you aren't losing anything. The value is being refunded to you. In fact, PGI is giving us back more than we actually invested.

Case in point, I have two CN9-A Mechs. You only have to Master the Mech one time under the current system. However, PGI is giving me back double SP in the new system simply because I own two of them. This is actually very generous!

As for your C-bills being gone, they aren't. They are given back to you in the form of SP. Basically, you don't have to grind C-bills to level your Mechs. You can build them however you want now.

Also, all modules purchased after a particular cutoff date (I forget the date off-hand) are being refunded in C-bills instead of SP anyways.

No i dont have extra cbills. Were does that idea come from? I had 11 millions more compared to live. Thats not even 3 mastered mechs. I have lots of xps on mechs that i have mastered anyway and cant use those xp because i dont get the cbills. But hey i can master them with GSP which i do not need because all the xp i have on those mechs do not matter anymore. Its double neglecting fucktardry. This is the worst descision PGI could make. And only because this time it doesnt hit you in the head its ok?

This entire paragraph makes zero sense, and the cussing isn't helping it. I think you're trying to say that you have enough XP to re-master your Mechs, but that you can't because you don't have the C-bills. If that's the case, then you are incorrect. All XP spent on the Mechs is being returned to you in the form of SP. All modules purchased up to a certain date are being returned to you in the form of SP. Between the two, you should be able to re-Master all your Mechs without needing your "11 millions" C-bills that you claim to be missing.

Yeah insults. Start off with telling someone he has OCD, while all i did was not wanting to look for the modules and it was ok since i got something for the cbills.

I didn't insult you. I simply diagnosed your condition. Posted Image

And btw yes modules count to mastery since they, same as the XP improve your mech.

By that logic, all weapons, engines, heat sinks, armor, etc. also count towards Mastery since adding them to your Mech "improves" it over the alternative of dropping naked.

Modules don't count towards Mastery, period.

Before the change the skill tree had XP and bill components, but the cbill components could be transdfered from mech to mech. The later is gone now. It would be fine if i get my cbills back. But i dont. Even worse it also takes away the leveling part of a mechs since in the future i wont have to do that anymore. Its takes away the little bit of extra depth of the game soo many people wanted.

After the change, Mastery will have both XP and C-bill components. Currently, there are no C-bill components to Mastery.

You actually enjoy piloting sub-par Mechs as you grind out enough XP to Master them? That's an awful way to play since all you get is wiped around on the floor by pilots with Mastered Mechs. It's much better to Master your Mechs and then pilot them rather than to re-grind everything that you've already worked so hard to Master.

I, for one, am no masochist.

Why dont you start to think critically then? You dismiss an argument about conversion outcomes between two skill trees by saying things arent equal because the matchmaker isnt equal. I made an argument about how choises play out with the current model for transitioning. The leftover funds i have are 20 million at the moment plus 11 million i get from module refund. Nowhere enough. I want those 800mill i have banked in modules.

Spending 800 million in modules sounds like an exaggeration. I can't believe anyone would actually be that silly.

As for thinking critically, it's hard to take your statement seriously when you turn around and say that you overspent on modules. That's like someone bragging that he just paid three times the value of a car that he bought, and then turning around to fuss at the people who try to point out his mistake.

Even selling them for half the price will end up better then getting the GSP. It would be enough cbills to level all mechs and to by 20 new ones. That means i am better of while throwing 50% away. Me and ym clone, we did earn the same amount of cbills and the outcome is very different after the enw skill tree goes live. Plus PGI promised a full cbill refund, which now after teh fact has been changed to cbill refund for everything brought after dec. 3rd 2016.

PGI is listening to the community right now and making some fairly good choices regarding player compensation. However, it is impossible to please everyone, as you so quaintly illustrate. As for your "predicament," I would say that you are an extreme case far outside the norm. Most pilots were smart enough not to blow all their funds on modules. Most pilots I've spoken to are also very satisfied with the current refund system.

Chalk this one up as a tough lesson about letting your spending get out of control as you buy too many things that you don't actually need.

The rest of your reply is simply silly and the name calling goes on which shows that you do not have an argument.

Trying to lecture me about name-calling after you cuss out others is pretty hypocritical. Posted Image

Your english is not better in any way.

It runs rings around yours though. You do realize that about every other sentence you type is rife with typos and grammatical errors, right?

Belittleing people from above while beeing simply inferior intellecutally is not a smart move everybody see that or do it themselfs - get it? Do you see what i did here or do i have to spell it?

This is amusing coming from you, especially when you consider the fact that you have four typos in that insult. Posted Image

How about you look at yourself and try to improve how you conduct yourself...

No need.

I am not trying to have it both ways. I dont want the GSP i want the Cbills. Thats not wanting to have it both ways. They changed an item based leveling system that only included Cbills to a mixed system and all i want is the Cbills to be refunded 100%. Thaier first approach was fair to me the new approach is unfair to me. The first approach was better since it reflected that the majority of players didnt master their mechs to the max since thy swapped modules. I will never look at other players problems in this community anymore and help them and argue with PGI to help them not loosing their masterd mech or whatever the problem at the time will be. This is enough backstabbing from this community.

1) There has never been an item-based leveling system in MWO. There have been performance-enhancing end-game content items. These are more like the accessories you would find in MMOs though. Think "Necklace of Mana" or some such thing. You know, the stuff you can't normally get early on in your RPG, but that you can shell out funds for later to better min/max your character? It's not actually leveling, so much as it is accessorizing.

2) You have a flawed understanding of the game which is coloring your view of the new PTS and prohibiting you from seeing the truth of the matter.

3) You are an anomaly. Most people did not waste their C-bills like you and, consequently, are quite happy with the new system.

4) PGI has to provide some sort of refund and settled on what appears to be the best option. It's actually a pretty good system. However, it's impossible to please everyone, particularly outliers who made bad choices such as yourself.

If you cannot understand that i loose 800 million cbills, just to get GSP that i do not need since i have the XP anyways, then there is not much i can make you understand. The way you missframe the underlying change in skill trees is mind blowing. And no i dont want the ability to level mechs till infinity if i choose to buy them. I didnt level them i dont deserve to have them leveled. It is unfair to the other guys.

You have five major typos in that last paragraph. Posted Image

On a serious note, I'm not "miss-framing" anything so much as correcting your badly distorted understanding of the game. I also can't get past the fact that you claim to have spent 800 million on modules. That is a mind-boggling stupid amount of C-bills to waste on an item that is easily switched from one Mech to another and represents some critically flawed decision making on your part.

As for deserving to have leveled Mechs, that's a weird concept you have there. You've already leveled the Mechs, so PGI is just reimbursing you for your efforts. You don't need to do it all twice. As for leveling additional Mechs, most normal people would rather have their Mechs already Mastered to save on time and frustration.

To close, allow me to leave you with the sainted words of John Wayne:

Posted Image

800 million C-bills on modules? Really??? Posted Image

View PostAramuside, on 10 May 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

Bingo

#155 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 12 May 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Actually, you aren't losing anything. The value is being refunded to you. In fact, PGI is giving us back more than we actually invested.

Case in point, I have two CN9-A Mechs. You only have to Master the Mech one time under the current system. However, PGI is giving me back double SP in the new system simply because I own two of them. This is actually very generous!

As for your C-bills being gone, they aren't. They are given back to you in the form of SP. Basically, you don't have to grind C-bills to level your Mechs. You can build them however you want now.

Also, all modules purchased after a particular cutoff date (I forget the date off-hand) are being refunded in C-bills instead of SP anyways.

This entire paragraph makes zero sense, and the cussing isn't helping it. I think you're trying to say that you have enough XP to re-master your Mechs, but that you can't because you don't have the C-bills. If that's the case, then you are incorrect. All XP spent on the Mechs is being returned to you in the form of SP. All modules purchased up to a certain date are being returned to you in the form of SP. Between the two, you should be able to re-Master all your Mechs without needing your "11 millions" C-bills that you claim to be missing.

I didn't insult you. I simply diagnosed your condition. Posted Image

By that logic, all weapons, engines, heat sinks, armor, etc. also count towards Mastery since adding them to your Mech "improves" it over the alternative of dropping naked.

Modules don't count towards Mastery, period.

After the change, Mastery will have both XP and C-bill components. Currently, there are no C-bill components to Mastery.

You actually enjoy piloting sub-par Mechs as you grind out enough XP to Master them? That's an awful way to play since all you get is wiped around on the floor by pilots with Mastered Mechs. It's much better to Master your Mechs and then pilot them rather than to re-grind everything that you've already worked so hard to Master.

I, for one, am no masochist.

Spending 800 million in modules sounds like an exaggeration. I can't believe anyone would actually be that silly.

As for thinking critically, it's hard to take your statement seriously when you turn around and say that you overspent on modules. That's like someone bragging that he just paid three times the value of a car that he bought, and then turning around to fuss at the people who try to point out his mistake.

PGI is listening to the community right now and making some fairly good choices regarding player compensation. However, it is impossible to please everyone, as you so quaintly illustrate. As for your "predicament," I would say that you are an extreme case far outside the norm. Most pilots were smart enough not to blow all their funds on modules. Most pilots I've spoken to are also very satisfied with the current refund system.

Chalk this one up as a tough lesson about letting your spending get out of control as you buy too many things that you don't actually need.

Trying to lecture me about name-calling after you cuss out others is pretty hypocritical. Posted Image

It runs rings around yours though. You do realize that about every other sentence you type is rife with typos and grammatical errors, right?

This is amusing coming from you, especially when you consider the fact that you have four typos in that insult. Posted Image

No need.

1) There has never been an item-based leveling system in MWO. There have been performance-enhancing end-game content items. These are more like the accessories you would find in MMOs though. Think "Necklace of Mana" or some such thing. You know, the stuff you can't normally get early on in your RPG, but that you can shell out funds for later to better min/max your character? It's not actually leveling, so much as it is accessorizing.

2) You have a flawed understanding of the game which is coloring your view of the new PTS and prohibiting you from seeing the truth of the matter.

3) You are an anomaly. Most people did not waste their C-bills like you and, consequently, are quite happy with the new system.

4) PGI has to provide some sort of refund and settled on what appears to be the best option. It's actually a pretty good system. However, it's impossible to please everyone, particularly outliers who made bad choices such as yourself.

You have five major typos in that last paragraph. Posted Image

On a serious note, I'm not "miss-framing" anything so much as correcting your badly distorted understanding of the game. I also can't get past the fact that you claim to have spent 800 million on modules. That is a mind-boggling stupid amount of C-bills to waste on an item that is easily switched from one Mech to another and represents some critically flawed decision making on your part.

As for deserving to have leveled Mechs, that's a weird concept you have there. You've already leveled the Mechs, so PGI is just reimbursing you for your efforts. You don't need to do it all twice. As for leveling additional Mechs, most normal people would rather have their Mechs already Mastered to save on time and frustration.

To close, allow me to leave you with the sainted words of John Wayne:

Posted Image

800 million C-bills on modules? Really??? Posted Image

Bingo

Nice! You didnt bother to read the anouncements and you didnt play the PTS and you didnt understand anything i wrote because you were offended. And now you write this nice little piece exposing how wrong you are. All the points you make are still invalid. I still have to grind over 200 Mechs to have access to the cbills i put in modules before Dec. 3rd 2016. Thats bad! Give me the cbills now and let me decide where to put them. I will not be able to grind 200 new mechs before this game dies.

And again keep your provocations, you wont get me this way. You need logic and reason.
Even PGI said that modules count towards mastery. Remember teh ceapskate incident? They simply do and you are afraid that the system might reverse to the old way again. Which is not what i am advocationg for. All i want is a little slider that lets me decide how much of my modules will be put into GSP and how much will be returned in cbills.

Whats not to understand about the HSP thing? I cannot use a single GSP on the mechs i have because i get HSP, rendering my GSP useless. They are fully mastered anyway for free without the module refund. All i can use GSP on, are mechs that i buy in the future. For me GSP are useless. Also i want to level the mechs i buy in the future. The Gap is not that hard. I just played 3 FW matches with unleveld grasshoppers averaging at 800 dmg per mech. With 1 match of exactly 1700 dmg in the first mech which wasnt even finished to basic. There are so manny potatos in MWO that it doesnt matter that much. GSP takes that away. You yet have to make one logic argument that is not based on a faulty premise why i shouldt get back what i put in.

Second thing is that i often have to switch mechs because i play with a larger unit or on community hubs where i have to switch mechs often and you cant let people wait forever until you found your modules. If you rather waste your time looking for modules and therefore keeping everybody waiting for you thats fine. Just dont expect other to be happy with you takeing your time.

Then again PGI has NOT chosen the best option for the refund system. The best option would be to let everybody choose how they want to be compensated. But that didnt even occur to them.

I am not a statistical anomaly with regard to the modules. I have spoken to member of many units on TS during FW drops. I would say about a third of all players that play for two years or longer have this problem. But thats something i cannot proove until PGI releases everybodys account details. Which better shouldnt happen. Players with mechs brought with real money mave modules because they couldnt waste the cbills on more mechs. Players who didnt invest that much money dont have the mechbays to grow even larger. All that remains is buying modules every now and then.

And again the amount of looking down in your post is just showing your personality flaws not mine. The fact that you dont want to understand what i wrote and that you base you critique on my spelling mistakes is even more absurd. Makeing fun of me because i have a lot of modules because the mechbays were full and the half time job payment during my time as doctoral candidate during the first 2 years didnt allow me to buy endless mechbays or mech packs just makes no sense when all that is left to buy is modules.

#156 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostCara Carcass, on 12 May 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Nonsensical stuff.

You're sounding unhinged and it's pretty obvious that you won't listen to reason. It's also equally obvious that you are fond of over-exaggerations.

As for me participating in the PTS, I've been pretty active in it. Here's just one of my several vids as proof:

You, on the other hand, seem to have zero common sense or knowledge regarding it, which begs the question: Did you actually participate in it?

Anyways, if you want people to take you seriously, put a bit more pride and effort into your communication. While the sheer number of typos can be amusing, it does discredit you and make you sound frantic rather than credible.

You suggest that PGI should let everyone choose how they wish to be compensated, but this is unreasonable. It is too cumbersome and inefficient an option, nor does it have a precedent in other, similar online games. This suggestion, while sounding nice, lacks any realistic sense.

As for finding modules, I doubt you change Mechs that frequently that you can't find your modules. I personally have enough modules to fully kit out 10 Mechs though I never use that many in one play session. The easy and smart thing to do, is just to leave your modules in your inventory. When you pick a Mech you wish to play, add your modules to it. When you change Mechs, strip the modules off your current Mech before going to the next one. It's fast and eliminates the need to "search" for your modules. It also saves you lots of C-bills. This is what most of the savvy MechWarriors do.

In the end, nothing is really going to change the fact that you made a bad choice to overspend on items, so please stop trying to sandbag your position. I doubt anyone here has any sympathy for someone who would waste C-bills so frivolously.

Trying to reason with you further is a waste of time considering your past posts. You will continue to bitterly cling to your irrationality, rendering dialogue meaningless. Good day to you.

Edited by Nightmare1, 12 May 2017 - 07:13 PM.

#157 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 12 May 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

You're sounding unhinged and it's pretty obvious that you won't listen to reason. It's also equally obvious that you are fond of over-exaggerations.

As for me participating in the PTS, I've been pretty active in it. Here's just one of my several vids as proof:

First of all this is all beside the fact that the skill tree simply falls flat on his face when it misses all the stated goals of increasing TTK, allowing for more diverse bilds etc. Second, i listen to reason, you just do not present any. You have not listened to my point and you simply act as if you know better which is not the case. The fact is, that i have to grind 200 mechs and a few more to gain access to the cbills i put in modules back. Fact is that a lot of players have this problem, not just a few as u stated. I have spoken to them.

Fact is that the modules are part of the skill tree. You had to unlock thme with GXP which needed heavy grinding. And a mech was not at its max without them. PGI acknowledged that during the first iteration of the skill tree. Which was met with an outcry, to which i agree since PGIs own tooltip told players that swapping modules is reasonable. And that is the only reason to support the outcry. PGI made it so that modules are swapable adn they change it now after years into the game.

You, on the other hand, seem to have zero common sense or knowledge regarding it, which begs the question: Did you actually participate in it?

Yes i played about 20 games and put hours into tinkering with the skill tree. It simply fails to reeach its stated goals. TTK isnt going up - not even in a 4v4. Diversity is not better. In fact the way the weapons section is arranged even pushes builds with only 1 type of weapon. The engine desync is not well thought trough and many other things. Manny mechs dont even have the hardpoints to allow diversity and are pushed into one direction with this skill tree. Same as before, nothing changes. Only the additional 91 clicks all the different new currencies etc.

Anyways, if you want people to take you seriously, put a bit more pride and effort into your communication. While the sheer number of typos can be amusing, it does discredit you and make you sound frantic rather than credible.

You suggest that PGI should let everyone choose how they wish to be compensated, but this is unreasonable. It is too cumbersome and inefficient an option, nor does it have a precedent in other, similar online games. This suggestion, while sounding nice, lacks any realistic sense.

I can program a slider that lets me chosse x% of my modules should go to GSP and 100%-x% should go to cbills within a day and integrate it into a database. I am not a programmer by any means and most of my programing experience comes from matlab where i organize data and have a few little routines to controll microcontrollers that i have programmed in C to controll experiemnts or just for fun. Calling this cumbersome and inefficient is simply not correct. It would take all the problem regarding the refund section of this update away.

Regarding my typos....
The autocorrect in my head is simply to strong - i cannot find them. If you tell me word x is spelled wrong i can look at it and find the mistake. If i want to correct a text, i have to put it away for as long as i can remember it good enough to know what should have been written in it. Its simply not getting better. Same in german. Finding my own mistakes takes very long. However you attributing credibility of an argument to the grammar or the typos in it simply shows a lack of reasoning skills.

As for finding modules, I doubt you change Mechs that frequently that you can't find your modules. I personally have enough modules to fully kit out 10 Mechs though I never use that many in one play session. The easy and smart thing to do, is just to leave your modules in your inventory. When you pick a Mech you wish to play, add your modules to it. When you change Mechs, strip the modules off your current Mech before going to the next one. It's fast and eliminates the need to "search" for your modules. It also saves you lots of C-bills. This is what most of the savvy MechWarriors do.

Yeah, now after a game a new person join, mech tonnage has to be readjusted and u have to swap modules from mech to mech after every game or two. And most of teh time the new mech requires different modules than before and the search begins. Yeah, tryed that takes too much time. Worst nightmare are private lobbys in which the leagues are held. U have to leave the whole lobby to outfit a mech with modules. Sorry this argument just doesnt fly.

In the end, nothing is really going to change the fact that you made a bad choice to overspend on items, so please stop trying to sandbag your position. I doubt anyone here has any sympathy for someone who would waste C-bills so frivolously.

Trying to reason with you further is a waste of time considering your past posts. You will continue to bitterly cling to your irrationality, rendering dialogue meaningless. Good day to you.

Not really, PGi was initially on my side when they also validated my chice in the not so nicely delivered cheapskate incident. Second of all i didjnt overspend - there was jsut no where else wher i could put the cbills. mechbays were full equipment was there for many other mechs. So i stocked on mmodules with teh benefit of not haveing to look for them or beeing able to switch mechs fast in MRBC or other leagues.

The second point applys to you, not to me. I am rational, i understand your position, and i agree with you that this attempt is better for people with many mechs and few modules. All i ask is that i get to be reimbursed in cbills, since cbills is what i put into it in the first place. You can all be happy with teh 4 million cbills you get for free with just mastering the mech in the xp department. I dont care anymore. What i want is the cbills i actually grinded. If thats irrational to you, then you are beyond help. There are many people who are in the same situation. Alsp PGI benefits from giveing me cbills, this time i have the money to buy mechbays which i can fill with mechs with the cbills. Would be to your advantage since it would keep the game alive for longer. PGI has nothing to lose by giving me those cbills back.

#158 Cy3P0

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

One year,
staying and playing,
was waiting for skill tree since march,
more awesomeness coming -
- new tech
- ranked mode

#159 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Since Aug of 2013. And Im staying. The game is evolving. With the Skill Tree, a balance pass in June, and New Tech in July. Some folks will never be happy. They should just quit. Folks talk real big but its mostly talk. If they were going to quit they prob would have done it by now. Its not OUR game. Its PGIs. They just let us play it.

#160 Silme

• PipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:12 PM

Not even close - in fact, I'm coming back for the skill tree revamp. I am hugely curious to see what the new meta will look like because the laser vomit meta has been going on for WAY TOO LONG and is also one of the most boring. I actually enjoyed the days of Goons running 8 Splatcats or SRM6 Awesomes and Dragon bowling. Poptarts and the LRM-ageddon were rather less interesting, but we've been on laser vomit for what, two years?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users