• The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostJaspbo1, on 25 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Well, FootIK is dead. God damn.

Also if the Clan Light is not a Commando IIC I will scream. I will. Just watch me.

It's supposed to be the Piranha.

#102 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 August 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

It's supposed to be the Piranha.

We've already got 2/3's of a Piranha but no thirds of a Commando IIC.
I'm riotin'

#103 Legionary Titus Pullo

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Gimme new colors for the new lasers and ppcs plzzzz

#104 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

if you do this 8v8 test...I will just stop playing until 12v12 comes back. NOTHING good can come of 8v8 in QP.

#105 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostAmro One, on 24 August 2017 - 04:31 AM, said:

It's called take company command and change the lance you are in.

Last Faction warfare roundtable they said we would get option to select where we drop while dead, cant change your lance while dead.

#106 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

View PostJaspbo1, on 25 August 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

We've already got 2/3's of a Piranha but no thirds of a Commando IIC.
I'm riotin'

Clans need a 20t mech, not another 25t

#107 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostEry, on 25 August 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

Clans need a 20t mech, not another 25t

Clans need their Godly overlord, the Commando IIC to appear. Not a protomech.

#108 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

View PostJaspbo1, on 26 August 2017 - 05:44 AM, said:

Clans need their Godly overlord, the Commando IIC to appear. Not a protomech.

Your opinion

#109 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostEry, on 26 August 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Your opinion

Fact. The Commando IIC is the best 'mech ever created.

According to multiple reputable sources. No fake news here.

#110 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

That's right Mr President! :-p

#111 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

a return to the 8v8 Quick Play match structure is currently under consideration.

Believe or not, I have tears in my eyes. So many complaing about 12 vs 12. So many great memories with 8 vs 8. So many bad matches (stomps, uncoordinated) because 12 vs 12... You put hope into my heart, PGI, so many hope I really started to crying... a bit. Damm, it's only online game, not a whole world, but I feel you are going to do something very, very good, even it's only for those tiny % of humanity which is playing MWO.

Switching team sizes for smaller is something I wish most in this game. Yes, from mathemathical point of view, matches may be harder. But I am sure that life will show something other.

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 26 August 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#112 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 22 August 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

8v8 would had been great in 2 years ago.

But, at this point, going back to 8v8 would not result in better shape for this game. Particularly now most of the maps are way too huge even for 12v12, with non-functional matchmaker and dc issues will ruin the qp if we go back to 8v8.

I can't agree with you. Yup, it's true that one DC will have greater % impact on team' firepower in 8 vs 8 mode than in 12 vs 12. But noticed that small thing - 12 players have much greater firepower than 8. It means for quick matches that at one mech under attack only 8 players can focus their fire (better chances to survive). So, it should result in longer and better matches (more emotions! less pushing! less stomps! more thinking what to do and how to do! small groups are easier to coordinate! playing more carefully, but not camping, expected!). And about map's sizes and number of players... It doesn't matter, really. We always play at same spots. Don't tell me you haven't noticed that! Or, maybe... Maybe you are using your teammates as shields and you prefer to have 11 shields than 7... But it's quite egoistic, I don't think you are suc a awful person ;]

I am 100% sure the change from 12 vs 12 to 8 vs 8 will be a great improvement, even ceteris paribus.

View PostAnavel Gato2, on 23 August 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

The older maps worked well for 8v8 (old River City, old Forest).
Now maps like Polar Highlands or Tourmaline may be unplayable by a 8v8 team.

PGI, what's your problem with 12v12? No one online has anything against 12v12, so it's a PGI thing Posted Image

I have a lot against 12 vs 12, but I don't have to write it again and again and again, complaing constantly, isn't it? Just give a try to 8 vs 8, you will see a great change, I am sure for better. I think about 9 vs 9, also should be great... About maps too big for 8 vs 8 groups... Damm, we are always playing at same spots, numer of players will have no bad impact on it. Maybe there will be positive impact, because it's easier to move team made with 8 ppl to new place and try new tactic. Why? If someone will go alone, the chances to survive meeting with 8 players are highly greater than with 12... So scouting role should rise up, because now it's dead. You cannot come close and survive, there is too much mechs against you to run away.

When mech are destroying and we are reaching 8 vs 8, this game is still playable. 8 vs 8 is minimum, 9 vs 9 should be optimal ( three lances for three mechs). 10 vs 10 will be too much. 12 vs 12... You know that, you get used to, maybe you don't even know 8 vs 8 mode in MWO. Believe me, it was great. Much better than 12 vs 12. You just have to think more, there was fewer stomps, stomps were harder to do, matches were better balanced... Keep calm and see, 8 vs 8 will be great even at Polar.

View PostBigbacon, on 25 August 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

if you do this 8v8 test...I will just stop playing until 12v12 comes back. NOTHING good can come of 8v8 in QP.

Your comment, so constructive.

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 26 August 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#113 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:23 AM

Er PGI, we need a proper Mechlab please, with AI bots to test shoot.

With all this added c-bill expenditure I can't keep wasting lots of money on engines I dont need nor swapping endo/ferro in and out.

20 year old games can do it, why can't you !

#114 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 25 August 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

If having 1 potato/disco/afk/assault lurm boat on your team currently ruins your game just wait until you need to rely even more on them!

#115 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

View PostAldodrem, on 26 August 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

If having 1 potato/disco/afk/assault lurm boat on your team currently ruins your game just wait until you need to rely even more on them!

Or even less. People focus on the bad, but ignore that one good pilot can swing with much more effect in a smaller match. Games worked fairly well back in the day, even without the ability to reconnect. Something we have now.

#116 Callsigntal0n

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:04 PM

"unnacounced clan light"

$10 its the pirahana, though i am really really really wanting the urbie 2c (make it happen pgi!)

"unnanounced clan medium" more than definatley going to be the BLanner, however to make it viable it's NOT going to be too lore friendly (dont think pgi has a problem with that.) i hope it isnt but it more than likely will be.

everything else? boring and either a waste (save solaris) or just smoke and mirrors. (more maps pgi 2 open rotation maps and 2 solaris only maps arent gonna cut it.

#117 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 24 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

even more like Call of Duty.

No. TTK in CoD is normally, what, less than a second? Only Locusts and similar lights have that sort of life expectancy in MWO. And unlucky Locusts, at that. Everyone in CoD has near-the-same health (Barring Juggernaut perks), near-same movement speed, can switch weapons on the map, earn airstrikes mid-match by killing things, can respawn, can T-Bag, and any number of things I could spend an hour listing. But I'm not going to devote an entire hour of my life to telling you how wrong you are.

We're still a long ways off from CoD. Wrong genre, wrong game, wrong units, wrong weapons, wrong playstyle, wrong game types, wrong TTK, and wrong community. And the very notion of adding more MG units that needed to be buffed *to even compete* in the first place will make this more like Call of Duty is laughable. I'd laugh, but that would require the comparison to be funny.

Edited by Catten Hart, 27 August 2017 - 02:40 AM.

#118 Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:09 AM

View PostAldodrem, on 26 August 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

So, according to that what you've wrote... It doeasn't matter we are playing 8vs8 or 12vs12. In this way of thinking DC/potato/afk will always mean lost, no matter 8vs8 or 12vs12.

But I have some experience in playing matches with 1 disco in team, while 8vs8 matches were alive. Yes, it had impact. What kind of impact? "Guys, we have one afk, we need to do our best!" "Yes, guys, let's do this!" etc. Strangely, we were taking victory or lost same like without DC guy. But the gameplay was better - we were trying more, focusing more, playing braver...

The truth is victory depends on: size of afk mech, his loadout and: team coordination, focusing fire, speed of whole team (while nascaring), supporting each other... etc etc... With 8 people in team every aspect of this is easier to do fine.

Edited by Cherry Garden full of Blue Roses, 27 August 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#119 Valyknir

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 70 posts
  • LocationAt the mech store, making poor life choices.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

It's sad that IK has to be scrapped. Was looking forward to having that in the game, but if the current engine provides too many obstacles this is for the best. I just hope that sometime in the future the game engine gets upgraded to something that will be able to handle it.

#120 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Can we get the Crusader? (I just always liked that mech)

And how about the Charger? (I think it could be quirked to be the IS answer to the Linebackers)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users