Roadmap For September, October, And Beyond

252 replies to this topic

#121 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

Also, can't matchmaker be dynamic? 8v8, 9v9, 10v10 etc etc dependent on the map and current player base?
I think that could be exciting.

#122 FearThePaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

I am going to stop spending money on this game until more emphasis is placed on MAPS! One map in a year is rediculous. MAPS make the game more playable and unique. I understand you need to make money and mechs are where you make it.... I get that but maps and new mechs make the game fun.

I have played more than 10000 games I believe at this point. How many maps are there 20? Thats 500 games on a map and let me tell you its damn boring at this point.

I am ready to bail on the game and I believe others are as well....

Thanks....

#123 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image

RIP IK. One new map. Need input on new clan light. Pretty sure upgrading my old v card would fix a lot of problems on my end. Good to see some fixes attempted on pgi side. gtx 660 still cranks out 30-40fps so it's slowly getting into 40-50 range. Optimization is good.

#124 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

Seems nothing "BIG" will happen until the end of the year.

So let's look forward for the World Championship !

#125 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

View PostValyknir, on 27 August 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

It's sad that IK has to be scrapped. Was looking forward to having that in the game, but if the current engine provides too many obstacles this is for the best. I just hope that sometime in the future the game engine gets upgraded to something that will be able to handle it.

They are just lying. Cry Engine is piece of crap indeed but the IK inside is not any kind of problem. The biggest problem of this game is PGI amateurs ...

#126 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 27 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

Can we get the Crusader? (I just always liked that mech)

And how about the Charger? (I think it could be quirked to be the IS answer to the Linebackers)

I have wanted the Crusader in this game for a long time, but with all the legal stuff going on with HBS, I doubt we'll ever get it, or if we do, it will not look anything like the classic Crusader.

The Charger would be nice, but it is pretty similar to other Mechs that are already in the game. The AC/20 variant of the Charger is fun in MegaMek, though.

#127 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

Wondering if the I.S Medium is the Dervish

The clan medium is probably the Black Lanner
light probably is the Firemoth

I.K gets dropped because it won't make P.G.I money, while stupid chaos marine armour spikes that will flap about in the breeze poorly animated like the Catapults missile doors and Dekkels on weapons, because people are dumb enough to buy them.

Oh there are mechs in October

A map which will have crap geometery like tourmaline only smaller with less room to move.

Oh and we can look forward to 8v8 being forced on us in 2018 because the population will be thinned out so much with solaris comp severs, scouting match servers and faction warfare.

slow hand claps P.G.I's 'vision'

#128 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 27 August 2017 - 06:56 AM, said:

Also, can't matchmaker be dynamic? 8v8, 9v9, 10v10 etc etc dependent on the map and current player base?
I think that could be exciting.

P.G.I can't make I.K work with host rewind, what makes you think they can make something, dynamic to work, the faction map is P.G.I's idea of dynamic.

Work out the chances of this ever happening.

The clue is, it's less than 1%

#129 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Mwo basically has ugly maps. I want New Exford (tropical beach) from mw4m. Why not make a map that's appealing to the eyes?

#130 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 25 August 2017 - 04:42 PM, said:

if you do this 8v8 test...I will just stop playing until 12v12 comes back. NOTHING good can come of 8v8 in QP.

Why not give 8v8 a fair chance during the planned trial? If your opinion is accurate, you have nothing to fear (it's only a trial, and you can give negative feedback on it) and your opinion won't change. But sometimes people are surprised.

#131 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

When and what will be released "Zeus X" Posted Image as it implies new technology. Dark Age new mech omni mech IS !! Posted Image Posted Image

#132 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostFox the Apprentice, on 27 August 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

Why not give 8v8 a fair chance during the planned trial? If your opinion is accurate, you have nothing to fear (it's only a trial, and you can give negative feedback on it) and your opinion won't change. But sometimes people are surprised.

NO! Because I think 8v8 will be terrible! I will stomp my feet! I will refuse to expose myself to that filth! I already know the outcome because I know everything! Waah!

/s

#133 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Just stumbled by this, PGI should take the time to read it before rushing out buggy / unfinished content (not that they always do, but it happens more frequently now): http://massivelyop.c...gy-and-refunds/

Edited by Ed Steele, 28 August 2017 - 05:13 PM.

#134 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:54 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 28 August 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

NO! Because I think 8v8 will be terrible! I will stomp my feet! I will refuse to expose myself to that filth! I already know the outcome because I know everything! Waah!

/s

Wow

8v8 has similarities with scouting, each players actions has more impact on the outcome of the match, compared to 12 v 12.

Not so good for lrm hiders

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 29 August 2017 - 05:06 AM.

#135 hogslammer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

i have a 3570k overclocked to 4.6ghz and a 1060 6gb nvidia card with 16gb ddr3 1600 ram. bf1 is smooth as butter in almost all situations, but this game, no matter what I do, has fps drops like no tomorrow especially in the middle of a battle that has lots of mechs. i am monitoring my temps, clocks, and usage the whole time and bf1 is 100% using everything but my ram, yet this game, barely taps 100% cpu at anytime even in battle, and my gpu is like 35 40% cause if i crank up the graphics sure the gpu works harder, but my fps drops. I WANT 98% 75 fps constantly like all other games. why dont anyone complain about this. even if i blew 3000 bucks on a computer i heard that this game will still have major dips in the heat of the battle and some maps worse than others. PLEASE fix the issues first instead of pushing experimental new junk only to lag us more. im constantly sad and angry because of this. its frustrating for me that i cannot ever achieve what i want from this game as far as peak stable performance. PORT THIS DUCK TAPED ZOMBIE OF A GAME TO FROSTBITE. GG. :) love you!

#136 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

View Posthogslammer, on 29 August 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

i have a 3570k overclocked to 4.6ghz and a 1060 6gb nvidia card with 16gb ddr3 1600 ram. bf1 is smooth as butter in almost all situations, but this game, no matter what I do, has fps drops like no tomorrow especially in the middle of a battle that has lots of mechs. i am monitoring my temps, clocks, and usage the whole time and bf1 is 100% using everything but my ram, yet this game, barely taps 100% cpu at anytime even in battle, and my gpu is like 35 40% cause if i crank up the graphics sure the gpu works harder, but my fps drops. I WANT 98% 75 fps constantly like all other games. why dont anyone complain about this. even if i blew 3000 bucks on a computer i heard that this game will still have major dips in the heat of the battle and some maps worse than others. PLEASE fix the issues first instead of pushing experimental new junk only to lag us more. im constantly sad and angry because of this. its frustrating for me that i cannot ever achieve what i want from this game as far as peak stable performance. PORT THIS DUCK TAPED ZOMBIE OF A GAME TO FROSTBITE. GG. Posted Image love you!

I just bought a new computer and it still can't handle this game. So ******* stupid.

#137 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

View Posthogslammer, on 29 August 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

i have a 3570k overclocked to 4.6ghz and a 1060 6gb nvidia card with 16gb ddr3 1600 ram. bf1 is smooth as butter in almost all situations, but this game, no matter what I do, has fps drops like no tomorrow especially in the middle of a battle that has lots of mechs. i am monitoring my temps, clocks, and usage the whole time and bf1 is 100% using everything but my ram, yet this game, barely taps 100% cpu at anytime even in battle, and my gpu is like 35 40% cause if i crank up the graphics sure the gpu works harder, but my fps drops. I WANT 98% 75 fps constantly like all other games. why dont anyone complain about this. even if i blew 3000 bucks on a computer i heard that this game will still have major dips in the heat of the battle and some maps worse than others. PLEASE fix the issues first instead of pushing experimental new junk only to lag us more. im constantly sad and angry because of this. its frustrating for me that i cannot ever achieve what i want from this game as far as peak stable performance. PORT THIS DUCK TAPED ZOMBIE OF A GAME TO FROSTBITE. GG. :) love you!

Cryengine wasn't really intended for multiplayer games and it is horribly optimized unless you almost completely rewrite it like RSI did for Star Citizen. Frostbite is nice for RPGs, but Unreal 4 would be the best for this game.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 August 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#138 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 29 August 2017 - 07:17 AM, said:

I just bought a new computer and it still can't handle this game. So ******* stupid.

What? My computer is 7 years old with a 2500K and 660Ti and over that I play in 3D full HD which require some more power and I have no problem in perf. I'm usually ay 60fps with a few drops in the 50's and maybe lower when I'm in the middle of an airstrike or something with smoke and explosion that's when I notice the most the slowdown but it last a second or two.

What annoy me in this engine is the rendering at different depths, you can see a bump pop up as you approach or a texture change when you move and this break the immersion.

#139 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:01 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 29 August 2017 - 04:54 AM, said:

Not so good for lrm hiders

True. With less allies that can provide direct-fire or brawling support to intercept incoming enemies and provide a shield from any direction , a push even under less than ideal terrain is far more feasible, and brings you close to those juicy, helpless minimum-range weapon users.

#140 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

View PostFearThePaladin, on 27 August 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

I am going to stop spending money on this game until more emphasis is placed on MAPS! One map in a year is rediculous. MAPS make the game more playable and unique. I understand you need to make money and mechs are where you make it.... I get that but maps and new mechs make the game fun.

I have played more than 10000 games I believe at this point. How many maps are there 20? Thats 500 games on a map and let me tell you its damn boring at this point.

I am ready to bail on the game and I believe others are as well....

Thanks....

Do you not read any of the info that comes from the townhalls and podcasts? They announced a map arriving in November, and one more coming up early in the new year, not to mention the 5 expected maps for Solaris. I get your frustration about the long wait, but it's not as though nothing has been released since the last map revamps.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users