Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Guys...

Linebackers are very very very easy to hit in the CT.

#62 Rahnu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:08 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 21 August 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

First-Person MechBay
Currently planned to roll out alongside Solaris, 2018 will bring with it the ability for you to step onto the ground floor of your MechBay and view your currently-selected 'Mech up close. We'd like to stress that this feature is relatively narrow in scope, aimed simply at enabling you to view your 'Mechs at proper scale with all the glory of your Loadout and customizations on display. This first-person view will not include a walking pilot model, and at least upon its initial release, the MechBay is not expected to support any customization features.

This is far too conservative.

What we need is a proper photo mode. Look at Warframe's screenshot mode ("Captura"), where we can change the backdrop, the lighting (including 3-point lighting), throw on filters and effects, and even throw in enemies and pause the action to get the perfect shot in the middle of combat.

A first-person viewing mode is nice to have but it's still quite limited when we're stuck with only the one mech bay with the same lighting every time. Oh, and even moreso if we're stuck walking at our mech's feet and can't change height to get a better view (I assume that this won't be the case, but...).

#63 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

8v8, who's been up there smoking the good stuff and talking to united airlines pr department about good ideas and said hold my beer watch this bro? Four new maps, two of them are Solaris style , meaning the pixel maps we already have in private lobbies? Please god forget the firemoth, hit reg can't see a thing above 172. Seriously, quit hitting the Dutch and think through decisions.
However I do want a sombrero for my locusts >_> maybe an atlas poncho, anything to help kill the fps some more.

Edited by ShadowHimself, 22 August 2017 - 07:26 PM.

#64 The Reaper Beckons

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:34 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 21 August 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Clan nerf patch incomming, no IK, 3 months late on proper Madcat MKII model, mech releases(more sales) and going back 4 years with 8 vs 8.... nice.

Pretty accurate summary unfortunately

#65 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

I don't understand why people are upset that there MIGHT be a Clan nerf, about the only time I have ever felt the IS is on par or even slightly stronger is in Scouting matches, in every other match type Clan is better, I'm a Merc pilot who started off as IS Loyalist, switched to IS Merc, went to Clan Merc and don't really ever want to go back (I will occasionally because I have IS loyalist friends who I enjoy dropping with but that's it). This is a completely unbiased opinion.

Also kinda was hoping for a new map sooner than Nov, but ah well, least we are getting one, I look forward to our new URBan map overloards ;)

#66 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

Great changes all around, I am glad you guys are dropping IK in favour of hit registration, as a high ping player this is some seriously good news.

As for the rest of the road map, all around a solid one. What I would really love to see is 3 new maps per year for the next 2 with the rest of the stuff slotting in around that. Refit a few mechs for new tech per release, balance and bug fix. With the odd big ticket item 2-3 times per year.

BTW, thanks for the civil war tech, I know it was a MASSIVE task, so well done on that and really let your devs get some rest, overtime all the time is the best way to get shite code :)

#67 FREDtheROLF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:52 PM

View PostBad Karma 989, on 22 August 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Well that didn't take long. Never does. There's the winning child.

corrected that for you

You barely play this game

255 games vs 1528 games during the last 6 seasons
I guess there is a reason why.

Edited by FREDtheROLF, 23 August 2017 - 12:04 AM.

#68 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 21 August 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Unannounced IS medium mech?

Gonna be the Scorpion, right?

I got a big hunch (no pun intended) that it is the chimera. All the other mechs except the argus are in the game. Only has 3 outfits but I'm sure PGI could muster up their own loadouts to make it have different roles. No quads are coming to the game.

Oh next assault should be a templar thing was a beast in Mechwarrior 4 Mercs. LB-10 X ACs and ATM-6s would be a blast with this mech.

Edited by corpse256, 23 August 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#69 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:32 AM

View PostHawk819, on 21 August 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

• Unannounced Clan Light
• Unannounced Clan Medium

I'm calling them:

Clan Light:

Dasher/Firemoth or Commando IIC or Hellion or Locust IIC; or Fire Falcon.

--------------

Clan Medium:

Grendel/Mongrel; or Battle Cobra; or Pouncer; or Phantom; or Black Lanner; or Shadow Hawk IIC; or Griffin IIC; or Clint IIC.

You missed the Piranha.

#70 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:42 AM

View Postcorpse256, on 23 August 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

I got a big hunch (no pun intended) that it is the chimera.

I'd rather get a Vulcan, if we're talking 'bout 40 tonners.

#71 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:23 AM

Great, nothing for FW incoming this year it seems Posted Image, can we now please call the mode officially dead?

Beside that, not so much progess as I would expect from a compan with that revenue model.

#72 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

"the merits of 8v8 and 12v12 Quick Play match structures have long been a point of discussion both internally and within the community"

The older maps worked well for 8v8 (old River City, old Forest).
Now maps like Polar Highlands or Tourmaline may be unplayable by a 8v8 team.

PGI, what's your problem with 12v12? No one online has anything against 12v12, so it's a PGI thing Posted Image

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 23 August 2017 - 07:09 AM.

#73 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

View Postcorpse256, on 23 August 2017 - 12:28 AM, said:

I got a big hunch (no pun intended) that it is the chimera. All the other mechs except the argus are in the game. Only has 3 outfits but I'm sure PGI could muster up their own loadouts to make it have different roles. No quads are coming to the game.

Oh next assault should be a templar thing was a beast in Mechwarrior 4 Mercs. LB-10 X ACs and ATM-6s would be a blast with this mech.

Considering the actual tech level, only 2 outfits: the 2K carries a sword and ]Triple Strength Myomer, actually not implemented
And the actual PGI mech pack = 3 standard variants + 2 reinforcement + 1 hero total 6 needed

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 23 August 2017 - 07:19 AM.

#74 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 22 August 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

"Clan Diamond Shark Sub-Faction and Items
Following up on the introduction of Clan Steel Viper and Clan Nova Cat in our July patch, Clan Diamond Shark has been called from reserve status and is now joining the fight for the Inner Sphere as a sub-Faction of Clan Wolf. As with Steel Viper and Nova Cat, Pilots are able to take Contracts with or pledge Loyalty to Diamond Shark as normal. However, Diamond Shark are not eligible for claiming territory of their own, nor do they cast a War Planning vote for their own Faction. As Diamond Shark are considered a sub-Faction of Clan Wolf, War Planning votes are cast under the banner of Clan Wolf."

Say what now? Clan Diamond Shark reinforced Clan Ghost Bear in the Lore, not the wolves. The wolves later got the Hell's Horses. So what is up with this?

This ^

Please, PGI, make CDS "pet" Clan of CGB and add Clan Hell's Horses for Clan Wolf.

Done.

Posted Image

Edited by Odanan, 23 August 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#75 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 22 August 2017 - 05:35 PM, said:

I have a problem with that statement. It "only" took armor quirks that bumped it to the CT protection of an assault mech to make the mech viable. To be clear, it took incredibly severe durability quirks to make the mech worthwhile. I mean, it is undeniably fun to pilot for a mech its size, but it only manages to leverage its limited firepower with the combination of its innate speed and a disproportionate degree of durability via quirks.

Mind you, this is on a mech that already has extra external DHS and nearly 50% more pod space than the Lanner. The Black Lanner lacks any DHS beyond the in engine 10, meaning it is going to run hot unless you invest those precious few tons into DHS. Being stuck at 11 tons (10, if you take ECM) means you are going to do, what, exactly? A half dozen ERSLas and a couple mid sized SRM? You certainly cannot support ERMLas boating, since you'd run too hot to have a significant enough rate of fire (by that, I mean pop out, shoot, hide, cool off, repeat) in a given match to do much more than "secure" a kill here and there. Forget about carrying ballistics at all. It's going to be a larger target than the 45 ton options, no matter how you slice it, just due to volumetric scaling, so that speed isn't going to help it too much when it comes to damage avoidance.

Offensively, I'd really like to see a case for the mech. Otherwise, I'm just seeing Ice Ferret builds in a 55 ton mech package, except the IFR has higher sustained speeds than the Lanner due to a faster base speed and no reliance on MASC, the same ECM capabilities, similar payloads, and a relatively thin body plan which assists in damage spread tremendously. For a 45 ton mech, it would be solid. For a 55 ton mech, it is anemic.

It would absolutely require PGI give it the sort of durability quirks the Linebacker received in order to even approach consideration.

The future will tell, I guess. ;)

#76 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

More maps please.

#77 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

They need to do away with the idea of FP being "hardcore" mode. Accessibility and variety are what they should focus on. This game can't afford exclusivity with it's player-base size.

#78 ovelakaoleg

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:30 AM

Then we get our mech loadout presets in mechlab? I heard about this two years ago and news this feature ill be done 2016-17 winter...

Edited by ovelakaoleg, 23 August 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#79 corpse256

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 164 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USA

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 23 August 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

I'd rather get a Vulcan, if we're talking 'bout 40 tonners.

If they throw one in with missile hard points than I'm all for a vulcan. Rather have an MRM than just a bunch of lasers and ballistics.

#80 Kell Aset

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

Always happy to see new maps introduced, I mean new and not just remakes but these take way too long for you to make, I would like to get new maps way way more often.

Bolt-on system, glad to hear about that, altho kinda shame that our decorations can get destroyed, I want those spikes tho, tons of spikes.

Melee, eh I don't expect to see it ever here in MWO, but I want it, I want it very much, don't you devs just ignore it because it is more comfortable to do so, I'd love to smack some fools in my big mech with some big hatchet/club, fist, pickable tree or whatever.

Quite disappointed with lack of Faction Play related info, we had this FP oriented roundtable while ago and now we hear about Solaris, personally I don't care about Solaris but I am kinda annoyed that you guys want to introduce it while Faction Play is still bland, flavourless and meh really, I heard something about faction specyfic mechs during this "Production update with Russ Bullock" few days ago hoping it will be exactly that, that we will see some mechs available only to players from specific factions, that would add a little bit of flavour to some factions at least, but that was not it.
You could always put a number of those faction only mechs in your loot boxes, make them rare and call them salvaged I guess, so that people not only from faction X could get their hands on them at some point and use them in FP, could always make boxes tradable maybe(just an idea, I'm sure there will be ppl quite against completely locking some mech x to faction x etc.).

I would just like factions to be a bit different, differences between clans, differences between houses, there was something said about this during that faction play related roundtable we had a while ago, smth about faction specific skills or traits? I would like to hear more about plans for FP and I would like to see some good updates and changes for it before Solaris.
Anyway, I'm House Kurita loyalist and I completely don't care for my faction, nothing in MWO makes me care about my faction, It doesn't matter to me if my faction is losing or winning, there are no real (grand?) consequences.

Lack of mech IK Posted Image eh what a pity, I like to take pretty screenshots while playing MWO, getting a nice shot would be easier with this thing in game.

First person walkable mech hangar, it is a cool thing sure, if there will be free camera mode I could take some screenshots of my own mechs but honestly it is a waste ot time, plz make more new maps and make them faster instead of that, because maps may keep me interested and playing and free roam hangar won't..

New loot boxes, I wonder what will happen with all those boxes I have now, guess they will be turned into new ones? current content of my boxes will be changed too I assume? keys I have now I guess will turn into MC since keys won't be needed anymore.

Edited by Kell Aset, 23 August 2017 - 12:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users