310 replies to this topic

#41 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:29 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 28 September 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

How many times have I encouraged PGI to avoid tying challenge requirements to specific map modes, on the off-chance that we actually don't get a mode, like Assault, or Siege, or Incursion?

Territorial Control Challenge anyone?

...and it's a win in each match type even, so randomness on top of randomness. It might not be so bad if it wasn't the largest reward for the event.

#42 Shade Spirit

Rookie

• The Virulent
  • The Virulent
  • 8 posts
  • LocationElysian Fields

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:57 AM

View PostMech Toast, on 29 September 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

Posted ImageFind the feature.

yep same thing here for me. I can see some progress was made but its not quite working for every one yet again

#43 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

The biggest problem with this challenge is the Solo Kill requirement. In a team match, solo kills can be rare.

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

Guys,

I've posted a thread here suggesting you urgently Tweet Russ and Chris asking them to remove the random mode requirement from this event.

My thread explains why this is going to break the event for everyone, and provides Russ's and Chris's Twitter handles, and even a link to a Tweet you can retweet if you want.

#45 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

While the rewards are interesting, and I'd try to get them, if it were possible in QP, I won't touch FP. With all these reports about how bad it is for a pug, I'll rather wait for the next event.

#46 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

Damn, forced to drop solo in FaP to win free stuff, while slowly moving out of spawns only to be spawn camped by people who have teamed up in a team shooter..

Must. Protest. This. Indecency.

#47 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:35 AM

Oh my bad, just checked the arrows on mine, you have them "open" but nothing is showing up. Yep, for me it still works.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 29 September 2017 - 03:43 AM.

#48 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:40 AM

Hmm... New Event... even, the "Solo Killls" part means usually a very-very suicidal gameplay... and, still no words about the FP or QP requiremen...

But... MC is always welcome.. Right?

And... Dear PGI!.. Please, do not forget this part of the Patch!

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 September 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

. . .

Once an Objective condition has been satisfied, whether as an immediate Objective Reward or as a Victory-based Objective (for Faction Play Events), Rewards can be claimed up to a limit of 2 weeks after the Event is over. You must redeem all your available Rewards within 2 weeks of the completion of the Event. Once 2 weeks have passed since the end of an Event you will no longer be able to claim any unclaimed Rewards for which you may have been eligible!

Thanks!

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:45 AM

To everyone (yeah, way too many quotes right now, so I skipped multi-quoting) whining over things being so specific, please cease your crying and complaining. Matt Newman already acknowledged during the Previous Event that there are still things to be worked out in the incomplete New Event System Dialog. They currently don't have the ability to do anything other than certain specific items. Further, they're trying to get help to make sure it all works so that they can then improve and expand upon it, as a PTS would likely have gone mostly ignored due to too many unaccountable Real Life variables in the MWO Community. Right now, they currently don't have any so-called "broad sweepers" in that section of the code for General-type operations, so please be willing to put up with things while they work on making it better and improving upon what's there. :angry:

That said, those who have been calling for a simultaneous display on the MWO Website Events Area should be listened to by PGI's Staff. With everything having not been worked out yet, being able to check progress hourly on the Website & outside of the MWO Client is really not too much to ask for. <_<

As for this...

View PostShade Spirit, on 29 September 2017 - 02:57 AM, said:

View PostMech Toast, on 29 September 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

yep same thing here for me. I can see some progress was made but its not quite working for every one yet again

Have either of you two tried clicking on those Two Category Headers to Expand them? If not, please do! My own Events interface started out with those Categories shrunk, and I had to click on them to Expand them for reading. Don't just assume something wasn't there because you didn't see it instantly! :blink:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm getting annoyed here... Why can't people calmly help things improve?" Devnull

(p.s. I see posted while I was still typing some of this. I think my response to that particular note of discussion is maybe slightly more gentle than theirs, however...)

#50 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

my first reaction was how in the world am I supposed to get 5 kills in a light Mech in FP

PGI sure is an evil god (small g)

#51 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:05 AM

FP Event is always welcomed!

But this Event seems way too easyyyyyyyyyyyy! Posted Image

#52 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostMcHoshi, on 29 September 2017 - 04:05 AM, said:

FP Event is always welcomed!

But this Event seems way too easyyyyyyyyyyyy! Posted Image

It's not that easy. I know that from experience. I'll see you In-Game in a few hours, and can't get on until then. B)

Sadly, with how bad Missile Weapons are at the moment, I'm going to have to figure out a whole new Drop Deck. My old Support Deck isn't going to cut it, even though it was matched to my natural play style. It makes me think that somebody out there has been trying for a long time to ruin the Combat Square that MWO is supposed to have, and they've finally succeeded at the expense of the community being able to become large and happy. Sadly, whoever has succeeded at this breakage has forgotten that not everyone is a natural brawler, and many can't be due to any number of issues. Worse, whoever has made this breakage happen is likely either of the Sniper-type that wanted free reign to just sit out without moving, or whiny brats who couldn't learn to use cover and/or defensive options. There's literally more ways to Counter Missiles right now than there are hammers for a particular task at a Hardware Store. Like, there's pretty much enough ways that you could match them to a Deck of Playing Cards! If you don't believe me, go check the Previous Event Thread, where I posted a sickening list of how many ways there are to Counter Missiles, and even still missed mentioning a few ways!!! :(

~Mr. D. V. "I'm 'Ocean Salt'-level sick of people trying to change MechWarrior into something it is not..." Devnull

#53 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:08 AM

View PostZyrocenus, on 28 September 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I thought were NEW never to be seen again outside of the event they were introduced in?
(Event / Promo item! Not available in store)"

You thought wrong : They are event/promo items, never to be seen for sale inside the store.

View PostKuaron, on 28 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

The first 4 challenges don't need to be done in FP, do they?

Because the challenge name is a bit misleading.

The challenge name is a bit misleading ? Seriously ? ^^

View PostXaat Xuun, on 28 September 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

and some advice, Don't reinforce, listen to the drop caller, call targets, and prepare to be aggressive when asked

Don't you know that the most clueless players are perfectly unable to follow any kind of advice ? In fact that's how you recognize them Posted Image
That and the fact that they keep whinning about not having a clue on how to complete any kind of challenge, as everyone else completes the challenge on them Posted Image

Edited by Humble Dexter, 29 September 2017 - 05:25 AM.

#54 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:49 AM

Thank you for the 600MC and other junk ^^

#55 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

This might be a personal thing but I'm always happy with warhorn rewards. It just doesn't feel like a real kill to me unless a warhorn goes off.

#56 Maj0r Gl0ry

• Pip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:50 AM

Looks like I might be able to pull this off....maybe!

Edited by Maj0r Gl0ry, 29 September 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#57 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:18 AM

I just saw that you have a 1 win per game mode requirement.

I really think you guys need to adjust this requirement because it's going to drive a lot of people up the wall. First, just the requirement of rolling every game mode each time is going to be a massive headache for people.

1.You don't clearly list which section of the Tug-of-War represents which game mode. I had to hunt down 1 random post you guys made about it months ago just to find that information. How are players supposed to know when is a good time to search for their 1 Domination Win they might need?

2. Wins do not come easy for most in Faction Play with zero matchmaker and mixing of groups and solo. I like to think I do well enough when I play and yet I have a terrible WLR in Faction Play. You guys should have made it based on score. Or are you avoiding using the matchscore because you know how broken it is? Why hasn't this been addressed yet? Stop dividing matchscore by number of mechs used guys. Give them +10 points or something for every surviving mech, but fellas, it's been broken since day 1.

Come on...

Edited by Jman5, 29 September 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#58 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

I like events just like everyone else, but FP is not fun for me as a solo player and what i don't like about this event are:
Solo kills
Kills and not kill/kmdd
Win every mode
Taking assult or light in FP (specially assult in a clan drop deck)
Maybe i play a few matches but i'll avoid the frustration and leave FP to organized units.

#59 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Looks like a good thing for people who FP on the regular.

Much reduced wait times for a match. Easy goals to reach with all the new scrubs providing easy targets.

For gnuB scrubs like me, i wont likely complete many of the events, but I'll get my faction experience up and earn those free mechbays at least, whithout feeling guilty for tagging along on some regulars game. I'll just be another potato in a farm of potatos.

If you're not a FP regular, dont expect to complete all the events. Focus on the heavy/medium stuff and just get those free mechbays.

#60 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:40 AM

C'mon guys, don't so negative straight from start. This is 1st event of this kind in FP and that's why requirements for completition are somewhat bugged / just thrown in from previous challenges.

I'm counting on that when we just start playing this, PGI sees from data what's going on and how PPL are doing w/ challenge and eventually ease off requirements that nobody needs to kill themselves to exhaustion by doing them. Has happend before, will happen again, but starting values cannot be too soft that everybody completes them without any dedication put in.

Just start playing and you'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users