176 replies to this topic

#1 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

A random sampling on pug on pug matches tonight was not encouraging. If this persists into the weekend a substantial loss is in the making.

Edited by Spheroid, 12 October 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#2 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

Dropped only one match tonight (with a 7 man) and it was the biggest stomp I personally have been a part of....47-4 Clans (incursion on Polar). 1 IS pilot broke 400 dmg (got in the 600's). 1/2 the IS team didn't break 200 dmg in 4 mechs. It's one match...but if this is who is playing....yes...this could be really bad.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

Look at the leadership board for loyalist units, see how far down you have to go to find an IS unit. Yeah...

Sighz... getting my club for tomorrow, can't say I didn't try

https://mwomercs.com...vent-sound-fun/
https://mwomercs.com...rovement-ideas/

#4 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

Wé dropped a few tonight, 1 win, 1 very close loss and 1 drop with just 2 of us and we were the only guys to break 1500 while our erstwhile Skittles combined for a whopping 2539 damage over 40 mechs combined. It was.......disheartening.

#5 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

I wish i was able to battle alongside my innersphere brothers, however i am about 1k miles away from home, on ****** hotel internet, im suprised i was actually able to get onto the mechwarrior forums to post this in general...

Edit: wont be back for at least a month, possibly not till December

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 12 October 2017 - 09:07 PM.

#6 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:31 PM

Got some real good close Matches tonight and hope to get some more good Matches this Event.
Cya on the Battlefield! Posted Image

#7 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

I'm not participating in this seal clubbing. My desertion ends mid-event, and... Yeah. I was considering switching back to Steiner, but now I'm kind of just... Apathetic about it all. If I join, it'll be under a Clan banner, but not the Smoke Jags.

Might even go right back to Clan Nova Cat, but as a Merc.

Edited by Catten Hart, 12 October 2017 - 09:39 PM.

#8 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Not surprising to me. Luthien will be sure lost to the Clans

#9 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:39 AM

Pretty much same experience yesterday lost only to 12 man organised groups yesterday and thats even before event started. With event in full swing and more part time players joining in cant imagine how IS could win even with more mercs on theyr side.

#10 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:41 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 12 October 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Dropped only one match tonight (with a 7 man) and it was the biggest stomp I personally have been a part of....47-4 Clans (incursion on Polar). 1 IS pilot broke 400 dmg (got in the 600's). 1/2 the IS team didn't break 200 dmg in 4 mechs. It's one match...but if this is who is playing....yes...this could be really bad.

That is what happens when you have QP with respawn/peek a boo "tactics" these "pilots" bring to CW.

IS get's those "pilots", Clan get dry drops and Event win.

Best thing IS Loyalists can do is to not participate and let the seals be clubbed, Clans dry drop, and hand out the rewards now.

View Postccrider, on 12 October 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

Wé dropped a few tonight, 1 win, 1 very close loss and 1 drop with just 2 of us and we were the only guys to break 1500 while our erstwhile Skittles combined for a whopping 2539 damage over 40 mechs combined. It was.......disheartening.

Sounds like our drop, only 5 of us, those in the group, did over 36 kills out of the 48.

View PostBlack Ivan, on 12 October 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

Not surprising to me. Luthien will be sure lost to the Clans

That was known as soon as the Event was announced.

Was there any doubt in anyone's mind?

#11 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:47 AM

If the clans lose I would be very surprised...

#12 Ironic Quark

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:26 AM

I like this Mauler actually, but seems like I have to pay with my blood for it.

#13 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:39 AM

Anecdotal is best.

Saw IS nearly taking planets yesterday, just few victories short.

Also, event ends at Europian day time, which is stronger for IS.

Gloom and doom is stronk. If IS wins, will Clan mechs get buffs?

#14 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:57 AM

hMM.... played a few last night and lost one close match, got stomped by a coordinated large group vs solos (that took an objective win in Conquest) and stomped the hell out of at least 4 other Clan groups. It comes down to who's in each team and how they're equipped.... like always really.

Not sure why I posted this actually, *meh* PuG's gonna PuG and PUG's gonna group up with his friends and have some fun.

Good luck all o7

#15 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

I dropped with Clan PUGs last night.

Three of them couldn't even do 200 damage across their 4 Mechs, against a fully PUG IS team.

So there is hope for the IS yet.

I need to stop PUGing in FP. The mild satisfaction I get from top-scoring is not outweighed by the aggravation of watching matches get thrown away by the complete incompetents who don't follow the drop call and cause the rest of us to lose.

Edited by Appogee, 13 October 2017 - 04:11 AM.

#16 Phoolan Devi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fenrik
  • Fenrik
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:09 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 13 October 2017 - 02:41 AM, said:

That is what happens when you have QP with respawn/peek a boo "tactics" these "pilots" bring to CW.

IS get's those "pilots", Clan get dry drops and Event win.

Exactly this! At first I was happy about the qp maps and modes added to fw. Especially conqest makes a lot more fun than its qp counterpart.

But I would have never anticipated what it would do to the playstyle of the siege maps. Even the simplest rules have to be mentioned beforehand and even then you have your yolo solo player who thinks he is Kai Allard Liao.

The qp maps have certainly destroyed the experience how to play the siege maps!

#17 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

View PostSmokeGuar, on 13 October 2017 - 03:39 AM, said:

Anecdotal is best.

Saw IS nearly taking planets yesterday, just few victories short.

Also, event ends at Europian day time, which is stronger for IS.

Gloom and doom is stronk. If IS wins, will Clan mechs get buffs?

Even ignoring anecdotal evidence you are clan loyalist missing playing these events on IS side.

You wouldnt know civil war event there were much more mercs on IS side then there are now. I was on IS side winning 9 of 10 matches still IS pugs were loosing against clan pugs at much faster rate then Mercs could get wins and this is what happens every time faction event starts no matter how many mercs are on clan or IS side. This is why Luthien is doomed.

#18 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:48 AM

Again, this could have been easily avoidable by PGI, they just don't seem capable of thinking ahead.

Right now, most of the "groups" are mercs which have signed on with Clan because of the rep available for the three new clans recently introduced. With the current rules regarding contract jumping and the time involved, there's no way groups could switch to Kurita in time to help, if they wanted to. (I'm switching to Jade Falcon because the next capital world in question was encircled by them. Don't think every Clan is going to get a shot at this...they won't.)

So, what you're going to end up with are Kurita loyalists (whatever ones are left) and any IS Merc units able to switch contract fast enough to particiapte as well as a horde of IS PUGs against the Smoke Jag loyalists (still a few) and Clan Mercs that can switch contract fast enough. Ultimately, it'll be the same potato harvest you've been seeing for the last few weeks.

They COULD have opened up a "contract buyout" thing for the event, allowing people to pick a side and swell the ranks...instead, they decided to PGI it.

Yet another well thought out and implemented event brought to you by the guys that gave you "ghost heat."

Edited by Willard Phule, 13 October 2017 - 06:50 AM.

#19 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Same unmodified FP, that draws players to it in order to get rewards, just that.

Numerous events have gone like this, people say what's wrong with FP, PGI ignores it and the thing goes on like we all know.

If people don't like that part of the game, just don't play it, nobody obliges anyone to do it. Posted Image

Truth is, we are not in control of designing this game, just trying to enjoy it or have some "fun". Posted Image

#20 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 13 October 2017 - 06:48 AM, said:

Again, this could have been easily avoidable by PGI, they just don't seem capable of thinking ahead.

Right now, most of the "groups" are mercs which have signed on with Clan because of the rep available for the three new clans recently introduced. With the current rules regarding contract jumping and the time involved, there's no way groups could switch to Kurita in time to help, if they wanted to. (I'm switching to Jade Falcon because the next capital world in question was encircled by them. Don't think every Clan is going to get a shot at this...they won't.)

So, what you're going to end up with are Kurita loyalists (whatever ones are left) and any IS Merc units able to switch contract fast enough to particiapte as well as a horde of IS PUGs against the Smoke Jag loyalists (still a few) and Clan Mercs that can switch contract fast enough. Ultimately, it'll be the same potato harvest you've been seeing for the last few weeks.

They COULD have opened up a "contract buyout" thing for the event, allowing people to pick a side and swell the ranks...instead, they decided to PGI it.

Yet another well thought out and implemented event brought to you by the guys that gave you "ghost heat."

To sweeten the pot they could've also had house Kurita have an "emergency signing bonus" or something. I mean the planet is kind of important to them I guess.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users