#41 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

View PostBelkor, on 02 March 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

Blind arrogance? It looks like you didn't even read most of my post. If you can reliably carry against top competitive players (who are currently impactful enough to solo carry 12v12s), you wouldn't be here complaining and demanding a smaller pool of 8v8s. Did you even read when I said "For others, I'm also questioning if the ability of solo carrying matches equates to the maximum fun factor for them. The fun factor is crucial to playerbase numbers."?

You no longer want to play the game? At this point I say good riddance. I'm glad PGI made the decision to ditch the lame / boring 8v8s.

8v8 or 12v12 isn't the reason I've stopped played (if you'd bothered to read)

I did read your post, and you didn't bring up anything meaningful.
Your post reads "lel git gud"
gud isn't the issue, unfortunately

Fun is an issue, and PGI is continually making the game less and less fun.
More nerfs, worse game modes, more power creep (which call for more nerfs)

The dartboard never fails them
At least it provides memes
Memes are usually nice

#42 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostKhobai, on 02 March 2018 - 11:21 PM, said:

we had 8v8 before we ever had 12v12.

so its not like its theoretical. 8v8 had less snowballing. thats just a fact.
The game was MUCH more lenient back then. These days Heavies are wrecked after they get hit by a single alpha. There was much more room for error back in the day.

#43 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:14 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 02 March 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

8v8 or 12v12 isn't the reason I've stopped played (if you'd bothered to read)

I did read your post, and you didn't bring up anything meaningful.
Your post reads "lel git gud"
gud isn't the issue, unfortunately

Fun is an issue, and PGI is continually making the game less and less fun.
More nerfs, worse game modes, more power creep (which call for more nerfs)

The dartboard never fails them
At least it provides memes
Memes are usually nice

I mean I even praised your very high performance on Jarl's list. You are rank 97 on there with better results than 99.82% of the server. As I said elsewhere, there is just too big of a mindset difference between the two of us. I absolutely love the opportunity to kill all 12 players and enjoy striving towards maximum impact in a 12v12 match. You prefer some guaranteed kills and wins in an 8v8 match. I doubt we'll ever come to an agreement.

#44 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

I mean I even praised your very high performance on Jarl's list. You are rank 97 on there with better results than 99.82% of the server. As I said elsewhere, there is just too big of a mindset difference between the two of us. I absolutely love the opportunity to kill all 12 players and enjoy striving towards maximum impact in a 12v12 match. You prefer some guaranteed kills and wins in an 8v8 match. I doubt we'll ever come to an agreement.

Again, untrue on the mindset
You can feel free to believe that, though

#45 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 03 March 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

Again, untrue on the mindset
You can feel free to believe that, though

I think he wants to have a good match Win or Lost

8v8 there is more of a chance for that

#46 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

View Postlive1991, on 03 March 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

I think he wants to have a good match Win or Lost

8v8 there is more of a chance for that

I still really don't agree 8v8s offer higher quality matches than 12v12s considering what I've said so far. On top of that, think of how bad it is when there is 1 or 2 dc'd / troll / tking / suiciding player in a 12v12 setting? These aids will be magnified in 8v8s.

Edited by Belkor, 03 March 2018 - 01:55 AM.

#47 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:36 AM

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

I still really don't agree 8v8s offer higher quality matches than 12v12s considering what I've said so far. On top of that, think of how bad it is when there is 1 or 2 dc'd / troll / tking player in a 12v12 setting? This aids will be magnified in 8v8s.

They can always test it for 4 week and get data

#48 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

View PostCato Zilks, on 02 March 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Email a poll to us.

That'd be a terrible way to do it.

I haven't checked my email since... 3 months ago.

#49 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

View Postlive1991, on 03 March 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

They can always test it for 4 week and get data

We already had these boring 8v8s during the entire beta of MWO. As I said before, the only one with the final numbers on 8-0s and 12-0s will be PGI. I'm willing to bet there is a similar percentage of 8-0s and 12-0s unless PGI says otherwise. The +1 bad teammate having more impact to snowball sink your team in 8v8s should be statistically proven.

Edited by Belkor, 03 March 2018 - 12:51 AM.

#50 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:05 AM

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

We already had these boring 8v8s during the entire beta of MWO. As I said before, the only one with the final numbers on 8-0s and 12-0s will be PGI. I'm willing to bet there is a similar percentage of 8-0s and 12-0s unless PGI says otherwise. The +1 bad teammate having more impact to snowball sink your team in 8v8s should be statistically proven.

What you found boring other liked (like me)

Also that goes both way, +1 more skilled player = better game.

8v8 brings me hope that teams could have a higher % of "good" players in one match and cut down the wait time.

Edited by live1991, 03 March 2018 - 01:35 AM.

#51 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,788 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:19 AM

this is why i stopped listening to town halls, dev vlogs, and production updates. pgi always likes to talk but action is its hard part. communicating with the player base is ok but dont string them along on false hope and broken promises.

also did someone do a transcript yet i need solution from which to grow salt crystals, but dont want to actually listen to it.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 March 2018 - 01:20 AM.

#52 stingray2000

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:44 AM

Wow, i'm like really angry now. They announced it in their own roadmap the way as if it was a sure thing!
"Very near future..." wow, just wow, they continue to promise and don't deliver!

#53 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:46 AM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 02 March 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Per Russ in the Mar. 2nd production update on twitch, shifting Quick Play back from 12v12 to 8v8 didn't get enough response to warrant any development.

Whahahaha, as if PGI actually attempted to reach out for the player base on that issue. Those fools are only content in doing what they want, damn the players' opinions. Only voting with out wallets can make PGI listen to us.

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 12:44 AM, said:

We already had these boring 8v8s during the entire beta of MWO.

Hah, what you call "boring", I call "tactical". There were less brain-dead deathball nascaring and more multi-pathing back when 8v8 was live--except on old Caustic. Even a tiny map like old Frozen City had the team split into three groups--something that completely went away when 12v12 arrived.

Edited by El Bandito, 03 March 2018 - 01:50 AM.

#54 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:49 AM

View Postlive1991, on 03 March 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

What you found boring other liked (like me)

Also that goes both way, +1 more skilled player = better game.

8v8 brings me hope that teams could have a higher % of "good" players in one match and cut down the wait time.

If you and Mcgral are really looking for higher quality matches, there is a much better solution: a real elo matchmaking instead of this flawed PSR matchmaking. Forcing 8v8s only puts a ceiling on what each player can achieve in this game. You can no longer get more than 8 kmdds / kills and etc.

Never forget how bad it is when there is 1 or 2 dc'd / troll / tking / suiciding player in a 12v12 setting. These aids will be magnified in 8v8s.

Edited by Belkor, 03 March 2018 - 01:54 AM.

#55 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:59 AM

Yaa Maaaan.

Thats fantastic news.
Good very good. I strongly opposed tinier and tinier bsttles. Big huge armies is the manliest way. Not tiny little wannebe-armies.
Im happy most ppl thought as manly as I do.
I support these glorious news.

#56 Papaspud

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 636 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:02 AM

This game is pretty much " dead in the water", it's been a good 5+ years, but the boredom has finally set in to the point of why play? Boring..................

#57 Belkor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 385 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:07 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 March 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

Hah, what you call "boring", I call "tactical". There were less brain-dead deathball nascaring and more multi-pathing back when 8v8 was live--except on old Caustic. Even a tiny map like old Frozen City had the team split into three groups--something that completely went away when 12v12 arrived.

I don't believe multipathing would be valid even if you switched to 8v8s now. Back in beta, there was much less firepower available. The steady power creep over the years ensured you stay in a deathball. A group of 8 that stays together now should consistently wreck multipathers similar to a group of 12. You need a very specialized lance on comms to pull off what you want and you would be able to do this in the current 12v12 system anyways.

Edited by Belkor, 03 March 2018 - 02:12 AM.

#58 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

If you and Mcgral are really looking for higher quality matches, there is a much better solution: a real elo matchmaking instead of this flawed PSR matchmaking.

Yep that too, but it does not help with match wait time.

#59 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:15 AM

View PostBombast, on 02 March 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

Everything I saw was overwhelming support for 8v8. Some people were opposed, but most everyone was all for it.

But it was canceled because the community was '50/50.'

This stream is nothing but lies and I haven't been this angry at a game since Bethesda screwed us with Fallout 4.

Now that is utter BS.
Look which ppl post here.
THEY are the vocal minority.
Its allways the same ~100ish ppl that are complaning about potatoes in FP, how things go in [insert random topic to rant over here]
Sad fact is nobody of the broad base of the players in T4 to T2 care anymore about elite pugfarmers dominated broken FP.
Did some drops in smal groups in FP over the last weeks and it was farm the pugs most of the time till you meet an organized 12 man drop and you get farmed. There is nothing in between its either easy mode or impossible and that is just boring.
As long as you don't encounter some MRBC or other BS tryhard league training group its more fun and balanced in Group QP.

RIP large groups mecha mayhem....the tryhards ruined the fun, mechas and Beer experience....it is one on one now where those champions can be as l33t as they want all for themselfs.

#60 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:37 AM

View PostBelkor, on 03 March 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

I don't believe multipathing would be valid even if you switched to 8v8s now. Back in beta, there was much less firepower available. The steady power creep over the years ensured you stay in a deathball. A group of 8 that stays together now should consistently wreck multipathers similar to a group of 12. You need a very specialized lance on comms to pull off what you want and you would be able to do this in the current 12v12 system anyways.

One reason you could multi-path was that 8 players couldn't effectively cover all the paths. That changed with the inclusion of 12v12 where they have wider field of fire. I still say 8v8 is definitely worth trying out in PTR, instead of just killing the idea outright.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users