#361 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

View PostHorseman, on 07 August 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

bait and switch compared to what they paid for

I know you don't care; but that isn't what a bait and switch is.

A bait and switch is offering a product (usually at a low price) and then either not having that product or not having the product in a sufficient supply so you can push a customer into buying something more expensive.

This is why, for example, mcdonalds sales advertisements contain the phrase "while supplies last."

#362 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 09 August 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

First of all, I didn't say the Epic Games Launcher was my favorite. However, I don't see the point in being a little Orisos (replacing the swear with your name here because that's what you are being) and complaining because the game's not going to be on Steam and you paid for a Steam key. If you don't like it, then get your refund, and maybe use the money to go into therapy or hire a medical professional to help you through this tough and turbulent time in your life because this is obviously something that's bothering you to the point you feel anger. I mean, come on, it's just a video game, and you're willing to be THIS angry?

While you're telling people to blow it out their *** and whining about not having a Steam key and how the Chinese overlords have PGI by the Urbie, I'll be playing the game I will enjoy. Stay mad.

Stay exactly as you are too: A docile and easily exploitable cash cow to be milked by a studio that doesn't give a **** about you. They'll take a big dump on you some day too. You're just too goddamn stupid to see it. That much is clear from your constant regurgitation of buzzwords. Your head is so far up your *** you can taste the back of your tongue. But please, continue your self-congratulatory tirade. You deserve it for being such a good little corporate bootlicker.

Edited by Orisos, 11 August 2019 - 06:15 PM.

#363 Bareck Greyhame

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:23 PM

I prefer when a game is available on Steam cause most of my games are already there and it's convenient, but I don't understand the anger and refunds just because you have to download another app on your desktop. It's not like you need the game to be on the Steam library in order for it to work, and the app itself weights barely nothing so I really don't understand the fuss. It was the same thing about Anthem(before the game failed), when people found you needed Origin many said that they weren't going to play it. I will never understand not playing a game you like because of the app it is installed in.

Anyways, have a nice day MechWarriors 07

#364 SLDFSpectreSix

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostOrisos, on 11 August 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Blah blah blah, insulting PGI, blah blah blah insult, something about being a bootlicker,

I got the game as a gift. I didn't spend a single dime on it. Posted Image

#365 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:36 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 11 August 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

The best bootlicks do it for free. Thanks for informing me though. That really puts this entire conversation into perspective since you're a bum and not a customer.

Edited by Orisos, 11 August 2019 - 07:40 PM.

#366 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

View PostBareck, on 11 August 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

I don't understand the anger and refunds just because you have to download another app on your desktop.

Probably because we were specifically promised a Steam key delivered to us at launch when we pre-ordered the game.

#367 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:25 AM

It was the same thing about Anthem(before the game failed), when people found you needed Origin many said that they weren't going to play it.
Not the same. EA owns Origin and has been publishing all their PC releases there for years now. I'm more surprised anyone expected Anthem to not be an Origin exclusive at this point.

but I don't understand the anger and refunds just because you have to download another app on your desktop. (...)
and the app itself weights barely nothing so I really don't understand the fuss.(...)
I will never understand not playing a game you like because of the app it is installed in.

Then you haven't paid attention to points that have been reiterated multiple times over. This isn't about "just another launcher".
  • The primary issue is that I - and the other pre-order buyers - specifically paid for a Steam key, not an Epic one. It would have still been an issue if the new platform was one that I support, such as GOG.
  • The secondary issue is that PGI has admitted they were planning to render themselves unable to uphold their end of that bargain in advance (you think their agreement with Epic sprung from nothing?).
  • The tertiary issue is PGI outright lying to their paying customers when the FAQ concerns were raised.
  • The quarternary issue is that PGI has - so far - shown an unwillingness to honor the original bargain in any manner.
  • That Epic's platform is sub-standard, with a track record of deficient - indeed, absent until **** hit the fan - security practices and sub-standard customer service is at best a quinary issue (although it still is one).
So why Epic is an issue at all? Well, as unpopular as Origin and Uplay have been Epic makes them look like paragons of competence and virtue in comparison.
  • 1. Epic launched their platform some two years before they were actually ready. Better part of a year after launch, it's still charitable to call it an open alpha, EXCEPT IT'S FULLY COMMERCIAL AND WANTS YOU TO GIVE IT YOUR MONEY.
  • 2. Epic failed at security. They launched without 2FA and didn't have e-mail verification until last week. Yes, that means you could lose all your purchases if you made a typo creating your account. And people did.
  • 3. They don't have a cart. And they started banning customers because the customers made several purchases one after another. During a sale.
  • 4. They have sent customers' personal information to other customers.
  • 5. Epic's client datamines your system. (see this)
  • 6. EGS features, library and user base are not competitive with Steam, so Epic's genius executives decided that since they're sitting on a giant mountain of Fortnite cash (plus the 1.25 billion USD investment they've received last October), they can fake competitiveness with platform exclusives and force customers to come to them by getting developers to jump platforms after they've already taken a shitload of preorders (or, in some cases, Kickstarter pledges).

Most of the PC gaming crowd are not fans of hostageware, much less of bait-and-switch tactics. This bait and switch riles people up and as a result Epic's poorly designed shitshow of a platform is pretty much considered radioactive by the bulk of the PC gaming community.
Let it sink in for a moment and then ask yourself if any sane person right now would touch a platform with that history.

Yeah, yeah, "give them time"... I've heard that spiel. Epic isn't travelling back in time to compete with Steam of 2003, they're here NOW to compete with Steam of 2019, after fifteen years of watching Steam take upon itself the live market testing to determine what does and what doesn't work in their hybrid digital distribution platform / social network. Epic is coming to this with a budget and market position much better than what Steam had in 2003 too.

And yet, EGS launched in a state that was about a year away from being a minimally viable beta and is already falling behind development schedule. There is no excuse for this.

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 11 August 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

Then you don't have a horse in this race, mate. Unlike you, most of us paid for their pre-order out of pocket and expect PGI to honor the purchase on the terms under which it was made (or as close to that as possible)

Edited by Horseman, 12 August 2019 - 03:04 AM.

#368 SLDFSpectreSix

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:37 AM

View PostHorseman, on 12 August 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Unlike you, most of us paid for their pre-order out of pocket and expect PGI to honor the purchase on the terms under which it was made (or as close to that as possible)

If everyone would calm down and read the previous replies, someone emailed Support and they said something about getting their Epic preorder swapped out for a Steam key in a year's time.

Now if I may be excused I have entertained that deadbrain Oreo.. Orisa.. whatever his name was, it's been 3... 4 days, I'm bored of him now and I'll see you in a year Posted Image

Edited by SLDFSpectreSix, 12 August 2019 - 08:38 AM.

#369 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:53 AM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 12 August 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

If everyone would calm down and read the previous replies, someone emailed Support and they said something about getting their Epic preorder swapped out for a Steam key in a year's time.
That "something" also translates to "nothing definite so far"

#370 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 12 August 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Now if I may be excused I have entertained that deadbrain Oreo.. Orisa.. whatever his name was, it's been 3... 4 days, I'm bored of him now and I'll see you in a year Posted Image

Oh how nice of Epic Games and PGI to breach our purchasing agreement in potentially only one of two ways. Forget the fact that the FAQ specifically promised a Steam key the day the game launches. If I see you in a year I'll spit in your face, freeloader. Allegorically speaking, mind you, since I'm sure your physical presence is intolerable.

Edited by Orisos, 12 August 2019 - 11:57 AM.

#371 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 12 August 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

Ain't able to re-find the specified post bout the possibility to get a steamkey handed out after the exclusivity phase. Anyone got new information about it? Timer until September 1st is tickin' and a time-delayed steam-key including the community-preorder-stuff might make me re-think bout the refund.

The newest I have is from two weeks ago:

GM Zen said:

I was not aware that delayed steam keys were under consideration at the time of the initial e-mail.
I will keep this ticket open until we have a definitive answer to this particular inquiry.

Like I said, this is not a definitive answer. We will see what happens within next 14 days.

#372 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

Been gone for a while. Pre-Ordering still an option?

#373 Nicholas Hyde

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

atm, no, there's no option to still pre-order

#374 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

View PostxxREVxx, on 13 August 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

Not since the end of April, no. Also, given that the game is an Epic exclusive now, why would you?

#375 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 August 2019 - 10:15 PM, said:

Not since the end of April, no. Also, given that the game is an Epic exclusive now, why would you?

Don't know. it's why I asked.

Thx for the info Posted Image

#376 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

When do we get the Epic redeem Codes?

#377 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

View PostxxREVxx, on 13 August 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

Yes, if you do it through the Unreal Game Store.

#378 Heretic1311

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:57 PM

When will it come out on STEAM?

#379 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

View PostKinski Orlawisch, on 19 August 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

When do we get the Epic redeem Codes?
You can bet it's going to be "90 days" and as punctual - or not - as PGI's last "90 days" promise :P

Edited by Horseman, 20 August 2019 - 01:13 PM.

#380 Fisslag

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:55 AM

Hey,
I already wrote two emails to support that i want my preorder refunded. Already waiting for over 2 weeks for an answer. Who do I need to contact to get my refund of the preorder?

Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users