#41 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:36 PM

What was your build? Maybe you should use a Cataphract and armor quirk it to the max. I have a few 60-65 tonners and they all preform fine.

#42 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:42 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 April 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Wouldn't be a "advice" thread without a 2yo video filled with poor gameplay and of course bad advice.
  • Shutting down, behind cover, to avoid LRMs is the same as Radar Derp Posted Image
  • "Assessing a target" because you're totally out of positon in the low ground and unable to shoot at anything for ~30s. Posted Image
  • Constant ADVz @ 130m requiring extended time to stabilise mouse/fire. Posted Image
  • All you did was kill steal after your team did all the work. Posted Image
  • Walking out in the open and getting halved because you chased a cookie/kill steal and zero map awareness. Posted Image
Priceless gameplay - please keep posting them, gives me much entertainment. Just like you claims you "tank" your stats, its clear each video that you aren't tanking anything... Posted Image

Anyway on a more serious note - Every 60T Chassis has, IMO, at least 2-3 good variants to use. That's extremely rare in the current state of the game.

I think if you don't think they are any good that is it probably build or poor play that is resulting in a lacklustre experience.

They certainly are not glass cannons at all.

Which mech/variant are you having issues with? I'm sure I can come up with a bunch of builds that will decimate all @ NARCAR wars.

Posted Image

#43 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:02 PM

If PGI undid the stupid LFE/CXL nerfs and buffed ISXL to survive side torso destruction instead that would help out 60 tonners a lot (as well as helping IS mediums). They should also buff LFE and STD as well so all three engine types are more or less equal.

Not that all IS 60 tonners are bad. But I do feel IS mechs in the midrange weight classes could use an overall buff from having a better ISXL engine. The whole reason 60-65 tonners like the Linebacker work so well on the clan side is because of the CXL engine. ISXL should be able to do the equivalent.

Its still not balanced that CXL is so vastly superior to ISXL and PGI refuses to even acknowledge its a problem let alone fix it.

Edited by Khobai, 30 April 2019 - 11:23 PM.

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostKhobai, on 30 April 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

The whole reason 60 tonners like the Linebacker work so well on the clan side is because of the CXL engine. ISXL should be able to do the equivalent.

Except the LBK is 65T Posted Image

And has heavy defensive quirks. Without them, due to locked tonnage, it would not be effective at all.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 April 2019 - 07:10 PM.

#45 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

more popcorn please. the misinformation and immediate corrections by ash are wonderful this fine evening.
(keep going ash, concrete numbers, stats, and proof are their kryptonite)

Edited by MrSomaru, 30 April 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#46 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostMrSomaru, on 30 April 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

more popcorn please. the misinformation and immediate corrections by ash are wonderful this fine evening.

justcallmeash DESTROYS potatoes with FACTS and LOGIC

#47 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

You are doing it wrong mate. Medium and light heaives (those 40~60 tons) are not supposed to be good on its own, instead they are squad players, best to work in a pack, follow and fire support when your team advance, and protect the heavies/assaults from enemies lights. If you try to be the hero / super star in a 60 tonner, you are doing it wrong.

#48 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:35 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 April 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

And has heavy defensive quirks. Without them, due to locked tonnage, it would not be effective at all.

Let's not forget the super high agility values that make some light mechs jealous.

#49 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:40 PM

View Postingramli, on 30 April 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

You are doing it wrong mate. Medium and light heaives (those 40~60 tons) are not supposed to be good on its own, instead they are squad players, best to work in a pack, follow and fire support when your team advance, and protect the heavies/assaults from enemies lights. If you try to be the hero / super star in a 60 tonner, you are doing it wrong.

except this isn't TT. anyone can do anything in any weight class if there is competence.

#50 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 April 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

Dragon has one viable variant/build, the dakka one.

Ahem, two.

The DRG-FANG with ERLL is still a thing. Thing enough to appear in the recent MOR8 comp games.

#51 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostMrSomaru, on 30 April 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

I think I average 3-4 solid correction posts a week. That is correcting:
  • Misinformation: Incorrect mech values, stats, numbers/calcuation - constantly
  • Addressing how in-game mechanics, in-game trends are actually occurring.
  • Claimed "eduational" videos which are usually usually the opposite.
  • Untrue statements - Like like mate last week claiming Assaults are weakest. And yet all this week I've seen him in heavy mechs and still utterly out of position every match and doing sub 200dmg (one game was 20dmg)... The problems are still the mechs though remember Posted Image
It gets a little tedious however I just can't read something that is totally incorrect being peddalled around the place. It doesn't help the playerbase get better or improve when the spread of misinformation is so prolific around here.

And occassionally I will get stuff wrong too, not saying I'm perfect. At least I will acknowledge that I did make a incorrect statement and fix it rather than blindly continue on the wrong.

View PostFupDup, on 30 April 2019 - 07:35 PM, said:

Let's not forget the super high agility values that make some light mechs jealous.

That too yeah... And a LOT of Med mechs that handle like dump trucks comparatively.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 April 2019 - 08:25 PM.

#52 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:22 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 April 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

whats your point? IS 65 tonners still suffer the same problem with XL engines that 60 tonners do. All IS mechs in the midrange weight classes could use a buff. They all suffer from wanting to use XL and not wanting to devote the extra tonnage to LFE. Because the speed hit they take from using LFE sucks.

IS mechs having to take LFE engines when clans mechs get CXL is still hugely unbalancing and always has been.

Im also not sure what your point is about the linebacker having defensive quirks is. Because IS mechs also have heavy defensive quirks. If the IS mechs have to take ISXL engines to match clan mechs for tonnage it largely counteracts the defensive quirks. So IS mechs still have it way worse.

What it ultimately comes down to is that all engines need to be balanced and right now theyre not.

Edited by Khobai, 30 April 2019 - 11:34 PM.

#53 ObeyTheLion

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFinally managed to score 1K in an Urbie

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:36 PM

View PostKhobai, on 30 April 2019 - 11:22 PM, said:

whats your point?

He's point is right there "Except the LBK is 65T"

Besides ClanXL survivability, most clanmechs are omnis, which means fixed equipment, and not much room/tonnage left to fiddle with in the mechlab, as A S H pointed that out as well.

o7

Edited by ObeyTheLion, 01 May 2019 - 01:35 AM.

#54 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 May 2019 - 12:15 AM

whats your point?

How about ... I dunno... You're wrong? You said a LBK was 60T and then formed and argument around it.

You know you're wrong and you can't even admit it. Just pathetic dude.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 01 May 2019 - 12:15 AM.

#55 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 01 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

You can not fix the problem of a 60ton mech because it's a 60t Mech.
Everything you can do with a 60t you can do better with a 55t (faster) 65t (slower). Same as with 80t and 40t Mechs.

So to fix the issues with 60t mechs is to either feed them fat or made them lighter.

#56 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:28 AM

WAIT!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:38 AM

View PostSkrapiron, on 30 April 2019 - 10:05 AM, said:

I am not sure how to deal with this phenomenon. Every mech that I have that is 60 tons, plain sucks. They are too slow to deal with mediums and lights, too under gunned and way too under armored to deal with real heavies and assaults.

I've been grinding away with my loyalty Rifleman for two days now and hate it. The hit boxes are huge, the armor is non existent and it has no structure.

Anyone figure out a way to make these glass cannons viable?

Maybe use the good 60 ton mechs then and if you are using them get good lol

#58 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 03:46 AM

whats your point? IS 65 tonners still suffer the same problem with XL engines that 60 tonners do

Im also not sure what your point is about the linebacker having defensive quirks is. Because IS mechs also have heavy defensive quirks. If the IS mechs have to take ISXL engines to match clan mechs for tonnage...

This entire thread is specifically speaking around 60 tonners. If the OP said "65 tonners are cancer" in the same context, I and many other would point out that Jagermechs, Ebon Jaguars, Hellbringers, Roughnecks and Linebackers are all great... pretty much like we're saying now with most 60 tonners.

Riflemen and Quickdraw do not have "heavy defensive quirks" and do just fine in a brawl if built for it. Dragon does, however, get heavy defensive quirks. Please be more specific and less general for accuracy.

#59 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:05 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 01 May 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

and 40t Mechs.

The 40 tonners are mostly good (save maybe the viper?) its 45tons that suffer in the medium bracket....lots of potatoes in 45.

#60 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 01 May 2019 - 04:41 AM

The Dragon is actually pretty good.

I run the Fang and with survival tree it has the same CT armor as a Cyclops and higher ST and arm armor. the build i use also hits 96 kph and is more agile than almost all mediums (except Cicadas and Assassins). while getting on of the highest base cooldowns for an AC10.

It can also do a nasty energy build considering its quirks.

the Rifleman LK has the second fastest firing LB10s you can get at 1.6 seconds, grab 2 a pile of ammo and 2 MLs and its great (only the Panther can shoot ballistics faster, 1.4 seconds for any AC10/LB10).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users