#1201 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 August 2019 - 12:54 AM

View PostCharon DOC Stock, on 05 August 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Can someone give me a standard message to ask for a refund. As I said before I'me not very fluent in english expression.
What Coyote said. You might want to include a copy of your payment receipt to make sure they have all the information needed to process it.

View PostEurystheus, on 05 August 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

I don't care who owns the launcher.
It's not "who owns the launcher", but "what quality of service is provided by that platform".
Would you repeatedly go to a restaurant where the cashiers welcome you with "What the f**k do you want?", the food is prepared and served in extremely unsanitary conditions and packing crates serve as seats and tables (with promises they'll have real ones next year)?
Because that's kinda what the state of Epic's platform translates to, and by going to them you reassure them that you find this state perfectly acceptable.

Are 250 million registered Fornite players insane?
Well...

It is a well-attested human phenomenon that a group of wise men and women, when formed into a committee, start to form foolish resolutions. Swell the committee to a crowd and it becomes capable of madness.
-- A N Wilson

Crowds make worse decisions. It's been tested: https://www.theatlan...e-crowd/278188/

Meanwhile, when the difference between the two houses was stark, the group of ants tended to make the wrong decision more often than an individual ant house-hunting by himself. If enough ants happened upon the inferior house first, there was a slight chance that several of them would accept it, thinking that perhaps it was not so bad -- after all, all their friends were there.

The lead researcher on the study, ASU's Takao Sasaki, provided an example using a hypothetical figure of 100 house-hunting ants, of whom 10 or so wrongly believe that the far-worse house is the better one:
"Out of 100 ants evaluating a poor nest, 10 of them start recruiting [other ants to move in.] These recruiters start bringing nestmates to the poor nest without visiting the other nests. The ants who rejected it eventually find the other nest and compare, but by that time, the 'rash decision-making' ants have already recruited many nestmates from the home to the poor nest, so the 'careful decision-making' ants may not contribute much to the colony's decision."

Before long, the entire ant-village would end up in the worse house.

Edited by Horseman, 06 August 2019 - 12:57 AM.

#1202 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 04:51 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 05 August 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Well, when I preordered, the MW5 site promised a Steamkey. However, I think I remember that multiple launchers were on the table (not sure).

But...but...but...Chinese spyware! And if that does not count, then: lies, lack of security (and Chinese spyware)!
However, I think SOME guys have the right to complain - the guys who preordered MW5 and knew there was a Steamkey during the last few days of the preorder period. The rest also got the right to refund, which is a nice gesture imho.
Heck, I wish people were up on the fence like this regarding REAL problems.

For the record I did get the preorder as well( not refunding) yes people do have a right to complain, just pointing out that every business and person ( majority anyways) will do what they think is best for their wallet. Also I read on Reddit that the epic launcher also causes your dog to die and your wife to leave you.( it was on reddit so it must be true)

#1203 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:46 AM

View PostZevron, on 05 August 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

Yes.

They play Fortnite.

I love MWO but i also cannot only just play MWO .

#1204 Vulk Kell

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

I was wondering - since it appears PGI would go **** up on MWO once MW5 trashfires - can we request a refund of our MWO purchases when the platform crashes? Or would that require a class action lawsuit of the community?

#1205 deadend

Rookie

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:19 AM

View PostVulk Kell, on 06 August 2019 - 07:54 AM, said:

I was wondering - since it appears PGI would go **** up on MWO once MW5 trashfires - can we request a refund of our MWO purchases when the platform crashes? Or would that require a class action lawsuit of the community?

Nope once a company goes bankrupt the very last people to get a piece of the sell off pie are the costumers (never). Not that PGI would sell off for much they don't own the IP.

#1206 Moochachoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostJUGMAN, on 05 August 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

I was pleased to see that my request for a refund was completed within 4 days. I am thinking that the refunds are draining the coffers at PGI. OF course they would not admit that it was hurting. Makes you wonder if there will be an increase in resignations later in the year.

I dont really care that EPIC has an exclusive. It was that PGI delivered a steam key when they knew Steam would not be in the loop. It was a out and out lie.

Given the kind of posts from other devs that’s made on their epic “Faustian bargain” it would seem that epic pay devs upfront to cover potential losses, and subsidise their sales, so at worst they break even, I’d imagine the devs would of done the math for them to take up the deal.

But hey, if the game underperform it would take a chunk out of epic, and as far as I am concern, they can crash and burn for bringing the console war to PC.

Edit: Holy crap, I just received an email regarding my refund.

I asked wether or not we can still get a steam key for our preorder after the epic timed exclusive is over and I got this response.

“GM Patience (Piranha Games)
Aug 6, 09:57 PDT

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. It is possible we will be able to provide you with a steam code after a year of the MW5 being exclusive to Epic.
Please let me know if that works for you or you prefer to receive the refund.
Regards,
GM Patience
Senior Customer Support Rep
Piranha Games”

Now the language is a bit vague, I’m not sure if he meant, we can simply buy the game after the timed exclusive is over, or we can get steam key for our preorder, if we don’t use our epic key, so I sent another email for clarification, but this is beginning to look promising.

Edited by Moochachoo, 06 August 2019 - 10:13 AM.

#1207 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostHorseman, on 05 August 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

5. Epic's client datamines your system. (see this)

Big deal...so does facebook

#1208 Mykor

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:32 PM

I happen upon this article from earlier this year about Epic and wanted to pass along to just inform those who are not familiar with Epic why some may have concerns or have preferred more established PC game distributors like Steam.

https://www.pcgamer....team-right-now/

This stood out as well ...

https://cdn.mos.cms....gc4M-650-80.png

And just in case you need something else to read in regards...

https://en.wikipedia...pic_Games_Store

Edited by Mykor, 06 August 2019 - 01:41 PM.

#1209 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

I'm not supporting this platform wars BS. As if the ever-escalating draconian DRM wasn't bad enough now developers are taking big shits on their customers by signing up for exclusivity deals for DRM platforms. Assuming everything stays the same August 26th is the day I request my refund. You signed your niche game's life away to a platform full of people who will play Fortnite instead. PGI: You ****** up. Pure and simple.

Oh and just for fun, I wonder if you remember this:

6.) WILL THERE BE OTHER MECHWARRIOR 5: MERCENARIES PRE-ORDER EDITIONS? HOW WILL THEY DIFFER?
  • Standard pre-orders may become available through Steam and other digital marketplaces closer to the full release of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries on September 10th, 2019. However, aside from the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Soundtrack, Digital Desktop Pack, and Digital Game Manual, those standard pre-orders will not contain any of the special MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries or MechWarrior Online content present within the Community Edition Pre-Orders.
7.) FOR WHICH PLATFORM AND DELIVERY METHOD AM I PRE-ORDERING?
  • The MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries pre-order received through the Community Edition is for PC only.
  • The Community Edition Pre-Order program will provide you with a key to the Steam version of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and the other Digital Content upon the game's release. The key(s) will be provided through your profile on this site.

https://web.archive....w5mercs.com/faq

Scummy. Incredibly scummy. A flat out lie. Fraud.

Edited by Orisos, 06 August 2019 - 03:59 PM.

#1210 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:30 PM

View PostHorseman, on 06 August 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

It's not "who owns the launcher", but "what quality of service is provided by that platform".
Would you repeatedly go to a restaurant where the cashiers welcome you with "What the f**k do you want?", the food is prepared and served in extremely unsanitary conditions and packing crates serve as seats and tables (with promises they'll have real ones next year)?
Because that's kinda what the state of Epic's platform translates to, and by going to them you reassure them that you find this state perfectly acceptable.

Okay. So help me out here. When I want to play Call of Duty or MW5 I double click on an icon on my desktop and under the covers Steam launches the game. What will be different with Epic?

I'm told there are all kinds of different features in Steam, like friends lists and stuff, but I don't use them. I wouldn't even be aware of them if it wasn't for this hullabaloo over changing from Steam to Epic. So again, I ask, given that all I do is click on icons and start the game, then play the game, what will I notice with Epic that will be both different and worse?

#1211 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

PGI finally sent out an email today that says:
"It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th, 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store."

So will we have a wave #2 of people who also feel lied to and take their refund?
Only time will tell.

#1212 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

View PostAkillius, on 06 August 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

PGI finally sent out an email today that says:
"It has been officially announced that Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries will now be releasing on December 10th, 2019 exclusively on the Epic Games Store."

Wasn it officially announced to be on Steam back then also or was it more like chances are that they will release on Steam at that time?

I don't care much as I haven't pre-ordered but legally, this in Canada could lead to a class action if people bought a product officially announced on a platform and have paid for this specific annoucement.

#1213 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostEurystheus, on 06 August 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

Okay. So help me out here. When I want to play Call of Duty or MW5 I double click on an icon on my desktop and under the covers Steam launches the game. What will be different with Epic?

I'm told there are all kinds of different features in Steam, like friends lists and stuff, but I don't use them. I wouldn't even be aware of them if it wasn't for this hullabaloo over changing from Steam to Epic. So again, I ask, given that all I do is click on icons and start the game, then play the game, what will I notice with Epic that will be both different and worse?

Thanks to the lack of choice in which platform you're able to use I guess you'll be finding out what's different whether you like it or not.

View PostRhialto, on 06 August 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Wasn it officially announced to be on Steam back then also or was it more like chances are that they will release on Steam at that time?

I don't care much as I haven't pre-ordered but legally, this in Canada could lead to a class action if people bought a product officially announced on a platform and have paid for this specific annoucement.

The FAQ for Community Pre-Orders specifically promised Steam keys. Under a question of which platform you were buying a key for, no less.

Edited by Orisos, 06 August 2019 - 07:33 PM.

#1214 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

Where does it say say promise or guaranteed?

#1215 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:23 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 06 August 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

Where does it say say promise or guaranteed?

https://web.archive....w5mercs.com/faq

"The Community Edition Pre-Order program will provide you with a key to the Steam version of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries and the other Digital Content upon the game's release. The key(s) will be provided through your profile on this site"

#1216 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:49 PM

I don’t see that as a guarantee, just at that point in the process is what the plan was( and as we all know plans change). I can understand why people are upset but that is how businesses work. They at least had the decency of offering refunds without making people fight for them( which a lot of dishonest companies would have) and let people keep all the goodies as well

#1217 Orisos

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:50 PM

View PostRed Potato Standing By, on 06 August 2019 - 08:49 PM, said:

I don’t see that as a guarantee, just at that point in the process is what the plan was( and as we all know plans change). I can understand why people are upset but that is how businesses work. They at least had the decency of offering refunds without making people fight for them( which a lot of dishonest companies would have) and let people keep all the goodies as well

Are you serious right now? Offering refunds isn't "decency." It's literally the bare minimum they have to do in order to avoid a class action lawsuit that sues the piss out of them. They lied about a product they were selling and covering their *** by offering us our money back.

#1218 Drakher

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

First Talk to Epic an then make an Preoder was no Option ? how vicious are you ?

ok i Order Refund

#1219 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:52 PM

View PostMoochachoo, on 06 August 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Given the kind of posts from other devs that’s made on their epic “Faustian bargain” it would seem that epic pay devs upfront to cover potential losses, and subsidise their sales, so at worst they break even, I’d imagine the devs would of done the math for them to take up the deal.

But hey, if the game underperform it would take a chunk out of epic, and as far as I am concern, they can crash and burn for bringing the console war to PC.

Edit: Holy crap, I just received an email regarding my refund.

I asked wether or not we can still get a steam key for our preorder after the epic timed exclusive is over and I got this response.

“GM Patience (Piranha Games)
Aug 6, 09:57 PDT

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. It is possible we will be able to provide you with a steam code after a year of the MW5 being exclusive to Epic.
Please let me know if that works for you or you prefer to receive the refund.
Regards,
GM Patience
Senior Customer Support Rep
Piranha Games”

Now the language is a bit vague, I’m not sure if he meant, we can simply buy the game after the timed exclusive is over, or we can get steam key for our preorder, if we don’t use our epic key, so I sent another email for clarification, but this is beginning to look promising.

Can Someone from PGI officially confirm the above arrangement (steam key available after 1 yr)? If so, I am more than happy to reinstate my cancelled pre-order.

#1220 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:36 PM

There Is no point to keeping your pre-order even if PGI gives you a Steam key a year from now. The point of the pre-order was to gain access to the closed beta...which is dead now unless you use the EGS. You may as well just get a refund and buy the game on Steam later if PGI is smart enough to sell it from multiple vendors after the year long Epic exclusive. I personally can't trust PGI on a "maybe we will release it later on Steam."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users