#41 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:27 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 08 January 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

So basically a weapon damage nerf/TTK increat

Well if you're worried about a TTK increase, it could be :
- Default armor : 100% from all weapon types.
- Anti-missile armor : Less damage from missile weapons, more damage from non-missile weapons.
- Anti-ballistic armor : Less damage from ballistic weapons, more damage from non-ballistic weapons.
- Anti-energy armor : Less damage from energy weapons, more damage from non-energy weapons.

What matters is that players can then specialize against the type of weapons they hate the most (if any), instead of pissing everyone off by nonstop whining about which one it's meant to be in their case, and feeling frustrated nobody is doing anything about it (like removing it from the game for their sake) no matter how many times they keep reposting which one it is.

#42 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

Good thing it'll never happen.

#43 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:01 PM

Yes, it's a good thing they don't remove a weapon each time someone spends his time whining about it, or we'd be kicking rocks at each other by now.

#44 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:58 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 January 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

Yes, it's a good thing they don't remove a weapon each time someone spends his time whining about it, or we'd be kicking rocks at each other by now.

Well given LRMs have been whinged about the most...

And you only use one type of weapon...

You should count yourself lucky.

#45 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:44 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 January 2020 - 02:58 PM, said:

Well given LRMs have been whinged about the most...

And you only use one type of weapon...

You should count yourself lucky.

This whole time I thought that was a running joke, but you're 100% right anytime that name is on the other team its just "warning incoming missiles" for 25min. Its rather hilarious to see people who LRM 24/7 complain about the Dakka meta lol

Edited by Winter VII, 18 January 2020 - 11:45 AM.

#46 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 18 January 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

This whole time I thought that was a running joke, but you're 100% right anytime that name is on the other team its just "warning incoming missiles" for 25min. Its rather hilarious to see people who LRM 24/7 complain about the Dakka meta lol

Sadly it's no running joke, he's done it for years

#47 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 January 2020 - 02:23 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 18 January 2020 - 02:10 PM, said:

Sadly it's no running joke, he's done it for years

Depends how you look at it

Anytime I or anyone I know see's his name - we all start laughing and wait for that "incoming missile". Sucks for the other team though because it is already a 12 vs 11 match.

#48 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:55 PM

View PostWinter VII, on 18 January 2020 - 11:44 AM, said:

Gimme some credit... I can make it last 30min.

Also my own nemesis is energy weapons (not ballistics), which I don't go complaining about half as much as ERLL boats like to complain about me.

But you did make me realize how stressful those almost non-stop warning messages must be : I'll try to group fire my LRMs less for a few weeks.

#49 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:44 AM

The only reasons anyone with ERLL complains about you is because you bring ATMS to ERLL maps and try to use them like ER-LRMS

#50 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:49 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 January 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

The only reasons anyone with ERLL complains about you is because you bring ATMS to ERLL maps and try to use them like ER-LRMS

While using LRMs in short range direct sight has been discouraged with a critical 100% nerf to the TAG lock-time bonus and a counter-productive low arc that forces you to actively go fetch an indirect sight when you're in direct sight, to get the high arc back... long range indirect ATMs have been buffed with a +20% damage bonus.

Not to mention the best ranked players tend to stay out of LRM range anyway...

Yes I know TJIL you don't like me, at least I don't spend my time "using my mic to tell my teammates I don't like them and I'm going to shoot them because I don't care about MWO"... could you move on already.

#51 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:57 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 January 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

While using LRMs in short range direct sight has been discouraged with a critical 100% nerf to the TAG lock-time bonus and a counter-productive low arc that forces you to actively go fetch an indirect sight when you're in direct sight, to get the high arc back... long range indirect ATMs have been buffed with a +20% damage bonus.

Not to mention the best ranked players tend to stay out of LRM range anyway...

Yes I know TJIL you don't like me, at least I don't spend my time "using my mic to tell my teammates I don't like them and I'm going to shoot them because I don't care about MWO"... could you move on already.

You don't like what I say/do, you have all the power in the world to change it, but you're absolutely worthless and wont change so neither will I. Take your own advice, get over it (your 24/7 lrm spam) and grow as a player and watch my attitude change real quick.

Edited by The Jewce Iz Loose, 19 January 2020 - 06:58 PM.

#52 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:38 PM

View Postmrmike5234, on 03 January 2020 - 11:02 AM, said:

This is just my opinion and sent to PGI as a suggestion. Since they buffed lrms you see more and more in the matches and I'm over it. Unskilled players sometimes deciding the outcome of a match and rewarded for doing so. Flame away.

Hi, I looked on the web site and didn't see the support@mwomercs.com so I'm sending this to you.

I have had it with the long range missiles.

So, here I am in FW having a good time shooting stompy robots.

The next thing you know there's the "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES" alert. Totally ruins the game play for me when someone interjects themselves into a fight they have no business being involved in.

Not to mention sometimes half the team is running lrm boats. Its been especially bad recently as school is out for the holidays, there's an event on and its the weekend. The perfect lrmegeddon if you will.

Yes I've run lrms before, most of us have, its a learning curve.

How about a place for the lrmers and just for lrmers? 24 lrm boats lrming away to their hearts content.

Barring that, how about an option for me to opt out of getting lrmed into the ground? Or at least a weekend or an event sans lrms.

I will pay cold hard CASH to be able to play this game without hearing the words, "WARNING, INCOMING MISSILES".

Thank you for your time.

mrmike5234

" Totally ruins the game play for me when someone interjects themselves into a fight they have no business being involved in."

LOLZ

#53 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:27 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 January 2020 - 05:49 PM, said:

While using LRMs in short range direct sight has been discouraged with a critical 100% nerf to the TAG lock-time bonus

Rolled into LOS lock on mechanic, without a mech lab tax. Enjoy.

Edited by Prototelis, 20 January 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#54 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 20 January 2020 - 10:27 AM, said:

Rolled into LOS lock on mechanic, without a mech lab tax. Enjoy.

More like rolled into my ***...

It used to be a 50% lock time with TAG, and even down to 25% lock time when combined with ECM.

This was 100% nerfed and completely replaced by a flat 80% lock time when using direct sight and a lock time "increase" when using indirect sight.

So when the minimum lock time is more then tripled from 25% to 80%, and the maximum lock time is also more then tripppled from 100% to well over 300%... You can safely say nothing much was rolled nearly enough into anything.

It's more like you can say that massive lock time nerf was the main feature of the whole nerf patch that was hidden in plain sight, while only the rest of the patch which was the part that was highlighted, was an unpopular attempt to strike a balance between nerfs and buffs.

LRM users are plain unhappy with the nerfs that went beyond a simple balance patch, LRM haters are simply too dumb to notice why PGI took a lot more then it gave back to LRMs, which is why both sides would be totally happy if the whole 2019 LRM/AMS/TAG/ECM patch was simply wiped out of existence and things were returned to their more popular 2018 settings that everyone was a whole lot less unhappy about.

2019 LRM unbalance patch that nobody wants to keep no matter how much or how little they use LRMs ? PGI should delete every last bit of that unpopular piece of crap ! It's only quality was to make everyone realize how much better off they were before that fail patch was dumped on them.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 21 January 2020 - 05:39 PM.

#55 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:44 PM

Sigh.

LRMs took a huge net BUFF. It was not a nerf.

The issue is you'll never see that buff because you play in such a parasitic manner. Hiding behind 11 other players in a ditch waiting for them to get you locks. If you stopped being a parasite, got your own locks, you'd realise this

#56 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

lol, if you tried LOS locks you'd find they're pretty fast.

Imagine the effective use you could make out of a skill eagle if you practiced moving and aiming lol

#57 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:35 PM

Jesus wept, how many ******* times do these things have to be repeated?

#58 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:52 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 20 January 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

Jesus wept, how many ******* times do these things have to be repeated?

Until we all are dust .

#59 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

The only reason to not like the lower arc is because you prefer to hide behind team mates.

#60 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 January 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

The only reason to not like the lower arc is because you prefer to hide behind team mates.

^ Unless the Missile Mount is vertical it should be 10ft of linear travel before changing vertical trajectory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users