Are "campers" The New "lurmers"?

146 replies to this topic

#61 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:03 PM

oh cool, I guess I missed those games, so she must be better than him. Whenever I saw them in FP it was 2 lrm boats huddled together in the back

#62 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 12:43 PM

Gonna say making you wife narc for you over just sitting at the back alone is quite an improvement.

#63 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 24 February 2020 - 02:11 PM, said:

Most weapons in this game are bad unless boated, in that lrms are no different. Best solo lrm mechs are mediums with jump jets, usually 2-3 big launchers and a narc. If you're using an lrm assault that basically means you're gonna have someone else aim for you

Why use a medium when the stalker gets 1215m range? Or the Catapult with 1115m range? Or those other mechs I won't name because pgi loves its "balance."

#64 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:57 PM

Poptart artemis loadouts are pretty potent at mid range, and less of a boat anchor.

#65 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:27 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 February 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Why use a medium when the stalker gets 1215m range? Or the Catapult with 1115m range? Or those other mechs I won't name because pgi loves its "balance."

why would you ever need 1115/1215m? Posted Image

best lurm-distance for QP is the 200-250m band, seriously.
and unless you wanna troll, there is really no reason to bring them to fw. ever.*

*yes, they can be effective if the whole group does it, organised. anything can.
with lurms, it is NEVER fun though, for any of the 24 players.

#66 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:32 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 February 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

LRMs are a terrible 1km weapon. The only place you'd use them at that range is in a large organized FP team on polar shitlands where yes ideally you'll have 10 lrm assaults spread super wide and 2 narc lights aiming for them

#67 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:45 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 26 February 2020 - 04:27 PM, said:

why would you ever need 1115/1215m? Posted Image

best lurm-distance for QP is the 200-250m band, seriously.
and unless you wanna troll, there is really no reason to bring them to fw. ever.*

*yes, they can be effective if the whole group does it, organised. anything can.
with lurms, it is NEVER fun though, for any of the 24 players.

Being a lrm boat is fun for me. I get tired of running lights and brawling with guns,er lls,big acs is boring when I've got all the knife fighting and 1vs1/1vs 2 as a light so I'll bring out the lrms. As for max lrm range I've found five main things that determine it. You are right that being closer to target with lrms vastly improves your chances of hitting,damaging or out right killing a target. There are also times you can't reposition or get a better path and just have to go indirect fire.

Lrms can be complicated as much as you want them to be or they can be the dur-hurp-box-red-fire-ez all the lrm haters wish you believed they are.

The short list of things that determine the actual lrm (is) range which are short as f compared to the range atms have. Just go to the in-game store and mouse over your chosen mech and start with number one;find the best one in your favorite weight class.
1. Mech Quirks. Range generic quirk or missile specific range quirk. Normally a meager five-ten percent.
2. Max fire power range nodes. Get them.
3. Your mech's equipment:artemis,bap,uav you should know this junk. lrm-er 101 here.
4. Sensors target decay.
5. Your positioning. Get direct fire as much as possible. If you can get los yourself you can shoot it.

Posted Image

#68 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 February 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Lrms can be complicated

No.

#69 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:56 PM

It's neat that you identify what modifies LRM range, but you don't really address why you would ever need 1100m+ range in QP.

#70 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:17 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 25 February 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Do tell, what is it that makes me a seal clubber? The fact that I play like 3/4 of games in groups of 3-4?

Do tell me, wot u doing here?
Faction Pray dieing again? Thats the second time its dieing, you join the dots. LMFAO

So you have never played in a 12 man in FW, ever?
Mmm Interesting

#71 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:20 PM

hearing this LRM talk just makes me think of one thiing.. "Hi I am THe B33F and this is
Spoiler
"

#72 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:34 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 26 February 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

Do tell me, wot u doing here?
Faction Pray dieing again? Thats the second time its dieing, you join the dots. LMFAO

So you have never played in a 12 man in FW, ever?
Mmm Interesting

What dots? Faction play is dying, sure, along with the rest of the game (although it's gotten better after the group que died). How's the wait time for QP these days? Remember when it was like 3 seconds and there were multiple good players on both sides? QP is too boring today, when I try it even when completely drunk I usually massacre half the enemy team despite the stupid racing gameplay. I'm not normally able to kmdd half the enemy team by myself in FP.

Of course I played in a 12 man, especially when there were more 12 mans to play. That was the whole idea behind the mode. That makes me a seal clubber? Since 12 mans are much more rare today, I don't play as much in larger groups anymore as I used to. But in NA prime time when there are still a bunch of large groups dropping I do play in large groups as well.

#73 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:10 PM

QP wait time.

Oceanic - blown out to a regular 15mins for me now. Sad times.

#74 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:56 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 February 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

QP wait time.

Bugger.
Was wondering about that and if it was just the time of day I was logging in.
Have had some longer than normal waits.

#75 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 12:24 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 26 February 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

What dots? Faction play is dying, sure, along with the rest of the game (although it's gotten better after the group que died).....

What dots? smh Still have not learnt from the first time, why its dieing

Really compare FW wait times to NA QP wait times, FW is the dieing again !, and QP is the only thing keep this boat a float.
Sounds like some word salad.

...Remember when it was like 3 seconds and there were multiple good players on both sides? QP is too boring today, when I try it even when completely drunk I usually massacre half the enemy team despite the stupid racing gameplay. I'm not normally able to kmdd half the enemy team by myself in FP...

Whats that got to do with you being a moralizing FW seal clubber, moralizing in a thread about quick play and that other nascar thread about quick play. LMAO

Take your fake FW moralising and go back to your FW queuing that happens to be dieing, did you noe?

whence you came. Shakes fist! Muhahaha!

Of course I played in a 12 man, especially when there were more 12 mans to play. That was the whole idea behind the mode. That makes me a seal clubber? Since 12 mans are much more rare today, I don't play as much in larger groups anymore as I used to. But in NA prime time when there are still a bunch of large groups dropping I do play in large groups as well.

Just making sure the truth is out their!
Your profile fits that of a seal clubber
LMFAO!

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 February 2020 - 08:10 PM, said:

QP wait time.

With NA selected the wait thing are usually pretty fast, except for non peak time, even so about 5 minutes.

When I'm AFK it took longer than 5 minutes.

Uncommon with NA selected but it happens, compared to FW its quick doh.

Edit: Changing to the least used class helps

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 27 February 2020 - 12:53 AM.

#76 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:04 AM

@hazelclaw, Teenage Mutant Ninja urbie and the rest of the haters...

You done with all the classic lurmer-hating salt and baseless personal insults? Can we get back on topic now? Your hatred is getting old.. Seriously.. I've come to expect nothing worth reading from you guys..

Onward to the actual topic:

It's not about lurmers, it's about "campers"..

#77 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:24 AM

@hazelclaw, Teenage Mutant Ninja urbie and the rest of the haters...

we -were- done and already moved on to several other topics..
-you- freshen it up;

btw: nobody here hates lurms (I guess); just your poor usage of them, to ruin each match you somehow sneak into.

I've come to expect nothing worth reading from you guys..

see.. I don't blame anybody for starting out bad. it its THAT mentality however, why you stay bad.
playing bad on purpose is nothing short of trolling, and should be handled by a ban.

It's not about lurmers, it's about "campers"..

same trash, different name. only they don't need the rest to hold locks for them.
topic finished.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 27 February 2020 - 04:27 AM.

#78 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:37 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 26 February 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Being a lrm boat is fun for me. I get tired of running lights and brawling with guns,er lls,big acs is boring when I've got all the knife fighting and 1vs1/1vs 2 as a light so I'll bring out the lrms. As for max lrm range I've found five main things that determine it. You are right that being closer to target with lrms vastly improves your chances of hitting,damaging or out right killing a target. There are also times you can't reposition or get a better path and just have to go indirect fire.

Lrms can be complicated as much as you want them to be or they can be the dur-hurp-box-red-fire-ez all the lrm haters wish you believed they are.

The short list of things that determine the actual lrm (is) range which are short as f compared to the range atms have. Just go to the in-game store and mouse over your chosen mech and start with number one;find the best one in your favorite weight class.
1. Mech Quirks. Range generic quirk or missile specific range quirk. Normally a meager five-ten percent.
2. Max fire power range nodes. Get them.
3. Your mech's equipment:artemis,bap,uav you should know this junk. lrm-er 101 here.
4. Sensors target decay.
5. Your positioning. Get direct fire as much as possible. If you can get los yourself you can shoot it.

see, I run (ran, since it has been months away from mwo) lurmboats in QP too, from time to time; it is refreshening and relaxing.
"run in circle, pull red circle over red square, press left-mouse-button." take a beer, better several along, and it's a fun ride for a match or 2.
my trenchbucket does 700-1200 (depending on the other side's AMS) till it's empty, my maddog similar, but caps out at 1700 due to more ammo plus support weapons. most matches I ran completely out of ammo.

range quirks? still no idea where you need them. I still see no use for them.
cooldown-quirks! useful every single time, no matter where you are, no matter what you're shooting at.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 27 February 2020 - 04:43 AM.

#79 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:42 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 27 February 2020 - 03:04 AM, said:

You done with all the classic lurmer-hating salt and baseless personal insults?

You literally brag about how well you sandbag people sooooo...

#80 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:26 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 27 February 2020 - 12:24 AM, said:

What dots? smh Still have not learnt from the first time, why its dieing

Really compare FW wait times to NA QP wait times, FW is the dieing again !, and QP is the only thing keep this boat a float.
Sounds like some word salad.

Whats that got to do with you being a moralizing FW seal clubber, moralizing in a thread about quick play and that other nascar thread about quick play. LMAO

Take your fake FW moralising and go back to your FW queuing that happens to be dieing, did you noe?

whence you came. Shakes fist! Muhahaha!

Just making sure the truth is out their!
Your profile fits that of a seal clubber
LMFAO!

With NA selected the wait thing are usually pretty fast, except for non peak time, even so about 5 minutes.

When I'm AFK it took longer than 5 minutes.

Uncommon with NA selected but it happens, compared to FW its quick doh.

Edit: Changing to the least used class helps

I don't think you know what word salad means.

The whole game is dying, stop pretending like it's exclusive to the teamplay mode because of those bad people that play as a team....in a teamplay mode.

Not sure what to tell you, most of the time in NA prime time I've been getting drops in FP practically with no wait. There's even multiple games going off simultaneously sometimes.

You still haven't explained what makes me a "seal clubber" other than what? Dropping some truth about what QP has become? When I drop with my qp alt (stormpaw, yeah I don't care anymore) I only play it when I come home so drunk I can't see straight and qp is still literally seal clubbing for me, the vast majority of players are terrible, the tactics are terrible, the gameplay is repetitive and really dumb. FP still offers a challenge a lot of the time, QP does not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users