Above Average Player On Jarl's List And Who's Played For Years Considering Walking Away From Game Permenantly Because Of Broken Mm And Teams Now Allow

100 replies to this topic

#61 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 June 2020 - 02:05 AM

im now play warframe ...for antistress im can play short Missions against Pve Units and grind with othe folks, or i can play more stressfull PvP

#62 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:20 AM

For MW Waldorf Statler, aka 1Urza1, and Grumpy Old Man both hitting for avg 250MS / 1.0 W/L ratio and 350MS / 1.45 W/L ratio, when do you normally play MWO, relative to either PGI Pacific Time or UTC? And during all days of the week or primarily weekends, etc? And do you deselect servers?

Tier/PSR reset has not been rolled out, yet but it is expected here in the next few weeks and being tested by QA, working as intended. https://mwomercs.com...ity-version-10/

With that said, when it is not peak times a competitive group of 4-man can make the games more extreme. But I also do not believe PGI will separate the queue, though it is possible we can put pressure on them to change the group setup, ie drop it to 3-man and limit it to 1/weight class, removing the ability to bring the same mech/setup, ie Assault dakka, medium splat wolves, etc.

#63 Grumpy Old Man

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:56 AM

I am a true weekend warrior. I can only play Saturday to Monday. I mostly played in the morning, european time. You would rarely see me online prior to 7am cet and rarely after 2pm. So middle of the night for the US, not really prime time. I selected all servers.

#64 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:27 AM

im played in the old days most Friday to Saturday in the early European time like Grumpy , rarly in the Time 7pm to 10pm

#65 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:59 AM

View PostBlue Pheonix, on 17 June 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

While I consider myself just and average player, according to Jarl's list I am an above average player and a player who has played for years with over 16,000 games played. I say this to give some context to what I am about to say. I have played a lot and while not a great player I am not terrible and I am statistically not the reason for my team's losses.

I am considering walking away from the game permanently because of the broken matchmaker and inclusion of teams being allowed in PUG matches. A declining player base probably is not helping seeding algorithms either. Teams allowed in PUG play using Teams speak (or other VOIP chat where players can communicate strategy and focus targets) really does give a tremendous advantage to either a win or loss. Such advantages diminishes game play experience for both sides. In short, stomp wins and stomp losses are simply not rewarding.

For me, and I can only speak for myself, the recent changes or declining player base has tanked my W/L percentage, matchscores, fun and game play experience with tremendously lopsided games in either direction (both win and loss) with most of my game now in the loss column.

I'm considering hanging up the MWO hat and deleting the game as I have often used MWO as a way to escape lifes stresses, not add to them by consistently getting dominated. My stress level with MWO PUG games has increased greatly as of the last month or two because of being dominated and decreased gameplay experience.

Perhaps it is just my experience and it is just me. Anyone else experiencing what I am describing?

As someone whose entire team left the game shortly after the Skill Tree Change, what is going on was predicted years ago and has come to fruition.

An almost dead, brown ocean, mature FPS arcade game with too low of a player population to support it's MM that is design to operate on a "random distribution of skills" to function. There are so many huge skill disparity holes in a mostly absent population that the MM can't work and defaults out..........

Our host is "reaping what it sowed" and most of us, just read the forums to see when the servers close. Maybe, one day, this great small niche, well identifiable IP product will find an owner who is smart enough to rebuild the game as it should have been and invite those whom have left back...... If I had the money, I would.....

#66 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:04 PM

View PostKroete, on 24 June 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

The percent of groupplayers are rising, not because solo players try grouping ...

The process is predictable.
First, the group players enjoy themselves shooting the cannon fodder (solo players) to pieces by using meta crap all the time and even getting more buddies in (by sync drops who play solo)

Then the cannon fodder starts to dwindle. You know, a lot of people do not mind losing, however, between losing and getting roflstomped lie worlds.

Then the third stage comes. All these super mighty group players realize that they are the suddenly getting stomped more and more. Hmmm...why is that? Is it the MM? Nope, another wave of solo players just left and now the heroes "I just want to play with friends" are suddenly the cannon fodder. An lo and behold! Playing with friends is only fun if everything is stacked in your favour

Then, the poor heroes also decide to leave. Then we have stage 4: Group Queue 2.0

Btw, the last one has to turn off the lights.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 26 June 2020 - 01:05 PM.

#67 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Ive actually had quite a few matches recently where their were no groups at all, and it was kinda nice to have that too. Too bad their isnt a way for solo players to be on a rotation ie you play one match with groups, but then your next solo drop is guaranteed to only be solo players. That would obviously increase the wait time as the matchmaker tries to sort out who belongs where, and waits for people to fill in where they are needed, but it gives the solo players a reprieve from groups 50% of the time. Perhaps you could implement a 2 minute timer in the matchmaker where if it cant find the appropriate pieces it throws everyone back into the pile. Thats probably too complicated, but its just a thought.

#68 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 06:56 AM

in an ideal world, you'd have a working Solaris7 for Solos and everything else for 'Groups+Solos' and 'Groups only',
with a properly working Matchmaker to sort the ever growing playerbase into interesting and fun matches -
while the devs bathe in all the money and use it wisely to add even more fun stuff, to lure even more people into
this brilliant game.

reality looks different, though.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 27 June 2020 - 06:57 AM.

#69 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:50 AM

The group/solo mixing isn't quite as apocalyptic as it could be, but that's mainly because there just really aren't that many tip-top groups in the queue at any one time. In the 30 or so games I've played this season I've only run into them one or two times.

It could get better or worse when PSR resets, but we'll just have to see.

#70 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:45 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 27 June 2020 - 06:56 AM, said:

in an ideal world, you'd have a working Solaris7 for Solos and everything else for 'Groups+Solos' and 'Groups only',
with a properly working Matchmaker to sort the ever growing playerbase into interesting and fun

Slight mixed on that one.

S7 was pitched as the 1v1 ePeen crowd.
QP was the PUG queue aimed at solos, having a separate group queue didn't hurt but really...
FW was built the groups.

Of course what happened:

FW - Competitive units crushed casual units, dried up.
S7 - Competitive players destroyed casual players, dried up.
And "competitive" group players who weren't hardcore enough for FW crushed the casual groups in QP, drying up the queue.

And they all cried to the devs...

And PGI in the infinite logic realised that solo was the only queue where competitive players didn't have an overwhelming advantage and weren't driving off the causals, and well, we can't have nice things can we...

#71 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

It was predicted from day 1 of soup queue merge that continual stomping of casual pugs would only serve to drive more of them away, and there was pretty much unanimous agreement among good players the negative effect it would have on the game.

Lo and behold, the people who were the loudest champions of merged queue don't even play anymore.

Lol.

#72 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:25 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 27 June 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

And PGI in the infinite logic realised that solo was the only queue where competitive players didn't have an overwhelming advantage and weren't driving off the causals, and well, we can't have nice things can we...

The groupplayers give more money. If there are less then 20% groupplayers, everyone of them have to pay more then 4x then a solo player to get that advantage.
Possible, but not likely.

Less then 20% of the playerbase cried enough for bad waittimes, so pgi decided to make it better.
Its pgi we are talking about, so this is very possible.

Hoping it will give a better result then groups in the beta, small groups in the beta and solo vs groups in cw.
Are they insane?

E-Sports! E-SPORTS!!!
Better ask the devs what this means...

Just trying to spare some money with less servers without much investmet and with the abilitys they have.
Sure, a clear pgi.

In the end we will see and maybe say "Told you so!" Posted Image

Edited by Kroete, 27 June 2020 - 11:27 AM.

#73 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:08 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 27 June 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

It was predicted from day 1 of soup queue merge that continual stomping of casual pugs would only serve to drive more of them away, and there was pretty much unanimous agreement among good players the negative effect it would have on the game. Lo and behold, the people who were the loudest champions of merged queue don't even play anymore. Lol.

Yeah, where is that Larsh fellow? Seems he hasn't played a game in June....

SMH

#74 HolyGrail101

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

Solaris should be completely folded into Faction or Quick Play, it only thins a thinning player base. #NoCombOvers

#75 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:51 AM

I'm a Tier 5 PUG and enjoy group's being available in Quick Play as it lets me play with my son.
Just because you don't see a series of unit tags by people's names doesn't mean the people you are dropping with aren't in a group.

See some funny weight's in alpha lance it's probably due to grouping causing changing the lance lay outs.

I'm a believe solaris should have it's divisions merged at least for the lowest parts of the competition. Player base isn't there in large numbers.

#76 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:36 AM

View PostGARION26, on 30 June 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm a Tier 5 PUG and enjoy group's being available in Quick Play as it lets me play with my son.
Just because you don't see a series of unit tags by people's names doesn't mean the people you are dropping with aren't in a group.

See some funny weight's in alpha lance it's probably due to grouping causing changing the lance lay outs.

I'm a believe solaris should have it's divisions merged at least for the lowest parts of the competition. Player base isn't there in large numbers.

I think weird weights in alpha lance happen whether a player is in a group. It's surely part of having groups in the queue, but as an example I dropped in a 3-man last night and we were put in alpha lance with a PUG who was in an atlas. I'm not sure why the matchmaker wouldn't put that Atlas in bravo or charlie if tonnage still played any roll in spawn location.

I've also noticed matches with weight class imbalances far above and beyond any possible impact by groups. For example, I had a match where our team had two assaults and the opposition had 9. Now it's true that we had at least 4 players on our side in a group, maybe five. If the weight class balance was still in play our groups, at most, would explain 4 "missing" assaults bringing the discrepancy to 6 to 9.

I've been against this queue merge for unrelated reasons from the start, but if it's here to stay it'd be nice if PGI hadn't unleashed it in such a half-baked raw state.

#77 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:00 PM

View PostBrauer, on 30 June 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

I think weird weights in alpha lance happen whether a player is in a group. It's surely part of having groups in the queue, but as an example I dropped in a 3-man last night and we were put in alpha lance with a PUG who was in an atlas. I'm not sure why the matchmaker wouldn't put that Atlas in bravo or charlie if tonnage still played any roll in spawn location.

I've also noticed matches with weight class imbalances far above and beyond any possible impact by groups. For example, I had a match where our team had two assaults and the opposition had 9. Now it's true that we had at least 4 players on our side in a group, maybe five. If the weight class balance was still in play our groups, at most, would explain 4 "missing" assaults bringing the discrepancy to 6 to 9.

I've been against this queue merge for unrelated reasons from the start, but if it's here to stay it'd be nice if PGI hadn't unleashed it in such a half-baked raw state.

Just had to re-quote because what you said is pretty much how pgi does any thing with this game over the years. "if PGI hadn't unleashed it in such a half-baked raw state."

I've also had weird weights in drops playing a light. I might in be alpha with hevies and asuls or find myself in the bottom of charlie with three assuls. I guess pgi finally decided to go meh and just let the game get 24 people fast as possible to get the next match going.

#78 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:05 PM

View PostJman5, on 27 June 2020 - 09:50 AM, said:

The group/solo mixing isn't quite as apocalyptic as it could be, but that's mainly because there just really aren't that many tip-top groups in the queue at any one time. In the 30 or so games I've played this season I've only run into them one or two times.

It could get better or worse when PSR resets, but we'll just have to see.

I think you underestimate the impact. Let me explain...getting stomped in other games is often not that problematic because you often have instant queues. In MWO you wait 1-2 min till you get a match, then you have about 2-3 min of loarding screen, then your group has to move into position which can also take 1-2 min depending on the map. That mean 4-7 min until something happens. Then you get stomped. If you have bad luck you have a stomp streak, which has become more likely thanks to the groups which cause MM problems, you can easily end up with 3 of such matches in a row. That means 12-21 min of frustration and unfun gameplay.

I can only speak for me but I habe a lot of work to do. My freetime is too valuable as to try to get fun games in such a shoddy MM situation caused by groups (before it wasn't already too good)

Anyway, I will stay out and watch what is happening.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 30 June 2020 - 11:06 PM.

#79 Grumpy Old Man

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:28 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 27 June 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Lo and behold, the people who were the loudest champions of merged queue don't even play anymore.

Lol.

Well, I know I went from "I am worried, but willing to try it out." via "Okay, it is not as bad as I feared" to "AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" ;-)

#80 MF H3NDO

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTraining Grounds

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:08 AM

I am having fun and like the reset changes so far. I haven't had any bad experiences yet and I don't really have any complaints.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users