Mechwarrior Online 2021: New Features

2021 new features Gameplay Mode General

484 replies to this topic

#321 Naryck

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:02 AM

I'd like to have some kind of Unit's 'Mechs Pool, where I can put all mechs I don't use, for rookie players of the unit to ride unused mechs. I'd put there all mechs that were nerfed by PGI...

I miss DRG-1N AC/5 quircks soooooo much... and also PGI nerfed HERO 'mechs! which were bought with MC! that was bad, I loved my SRM Huginn...

#322 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 07 March 2021 - 10:58 AM

I am not a huge fan of advancing the timeline, but then I didn't want clan in the first place, so if it helps balance things out then meh...

#323 Chozen One

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 12:10 PM

What about a rotary laser system? Would look really cool too. What about little drones you can launch at a target that just has a little weapon on it, but it's persistent unless you shoot it down? What about a phosphorous artillery round that is effectively a flashbang for a few seconds?

#324 Darion Rothgarr

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 09:49 AM

Precision Autocannons - Fires Precision rounds that auto correct trajectory giving better Accuracy in exchange for less precision and fewer rounds per ton. Should require a lock on your target for the round to autocorrect, otherwise they are standard autocannon rounds. Come in 2, 5 and 10 variety.

Hyper velocity Autocannons - Fire hyper velocity rounds with increased projectile speed, range and slightly better damage. The HVAC would be slightly heavier, Cause more heat per shot and fewer rounds per ton. Comes in 2, 5 and 10 flavors. Damage and additional weight would be +1 for AC2 & AC5 and +2 for AC10.

Mag Shot for Clan and IS - a Light weight small gauss round, doing minimal damage at reduced ranges, along the lines of medium laser range. Weight 1 ton, take a Ballistic slot and do 2 damage. 20-25 rounds per ton. 3 second cycle time. Very slight charge time and able to hold charge the same as a light gauss.

PPC Capacitors - Come in variants for all PPC weapons, Light, snub, regular, er, heavy and clan. Adds 25% to the damage of the PPC (2 for light, 3 for snub, snub, ppc and er is ppc, 5 for heavy and clan er ppc). Requires a charge mechanism similar to gauss, causing an increase in heat white charging but holds the charge once charged (causing the mech to generate 50% of the heat of the ppc attached while charging). PPC then generates additional heat when discharged as well. Makes for a devasting weapon that will require some heat amangement skills.

#325 hypographia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:31 AM

How feasible would it be to incorporate a drop deck mechanic for single and group drops? Like, say you lock into a weight class, light for example, and then you vote and get your map selection, but you have a drop deck that is tied to your weight class so that the matchmaker can still more or less function as intended, but you can run an AMS kitfox on polar, an ERLL raven on artic, a commando on solaris, or a stealth flea on any map Posted Image

I think this would be a slick/sick feature, and it seems to me (in my non-programmer simplistic insights) that the basic components are there in FP. You 'd sell more drop decks for sure, to say nothing of the mechs. It'd maybe add 60 seconds tops to a match, but you could also run camo variants based on maps, etc... Just a thought.

Edited by hypographia, 09 March 2021 - 10:32 AM.

#326 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 07:12 AM

Remove the heat spike from loosing a side torso in clan xl / IS light engines. I`m tired of loosing a torso at 90% heat and then my mech blowing up.... what is the point of clan xl or IS Light engine if you die when you loose a side torso..... ?

#327 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:50 AM

advance the timeline enough to give clans their larger RACs and add the HYper assault guass to clan equipment..

remove heat spike from clan XL and Is Light engine torso loss.

Edited by KursedVixen, 10 March 2021 - 08:53 AM.

#328 Vraelomon

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:25 PM

Now I know this has to have been suggested before but being able to browse the store while waiting in a queue would be very very nice.

Pls

#329 Darion Rothgarr

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 04:32 AM

Some more Equipment:

Reflective Armor (both Clan and IS) - 10 Crits, 10% fewer Armor points per ton. Energy Damage is reduced by 50%.
Reactive Armor (both Is and Clan) - 10 Crits. 10% fewer Armor points per ton. Ballistic and Missile Damage is reduced by 50%.
Heavy Ferro Armor (IS only)- 21Crits - 25% More Armor points per ton, 10% damage decrease from all weapons.
Ferro Lamellar Armor (Clan only) - 14 Crits - 10% more Armor points, Damage reduced by 25% from All weapons.

Reinforced Structure - (both Clan and IS) - Double Weight of Structure, 6 Crits - 50% damage reduction on Internal Structure

Triple Strength Myomer (IS) - 6 Crits - Myomer Bundles in the MEch that Allow it to Move and React Faster when Heated, causing the Mech to Move Faster and Increase Agility overall for the Mech. As the Heat Builds on the Mech, its Speed will increase. at 25%, it gives a 5% boost to movement, at 50%, 10%, at 75% and above it maxs at 20% Speed Boost. The Agility boost is across the board at 25% for Turning, twisting, Accel and Decel.

HAG Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle (Clan) - A gauss Rifle that fires a stream of small Gauss Rounds. Comes in 10, 20, 30 and 40. Requires the Unit to be charged before Firing and has a chance to Jam and has a small Spread. Each round does a single point of damage I would envision a charging mechanism with different levels depending how many rounds are to be fired. A 10 would charge faster than a 40, although a 40 could fire at a lesser level. These would be Heavy Weapons, the HAG/40 being even Heavier than a HGR. And yes the HAG would suffer from Gauss explosions depending on their level. Weights to be Determined.

Edited by Darion Rothgarr, 19 March 2021 - 05:00 AM.

#330 Garlion

• PipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:54 AM

How about the ability to "flip" the hard points on a mech. Take the BNC-3E for example, Current Setup is 4 ballistics in the left torso, 3 energy in the right. I'm suggesting being able to click a button that would put those 4 ballistic hard points in the right torso and the 3 energy in the left torso.... why? because quite a few builds out there, most players know which location to shoot out to cripple a mech. If players had the ability to flip those locations, survivability is likely to go up. Especially at long range, where it's difficult to see what mech location a shot is coming from.

For mechs with omnipods, simply putting in logic that says you have X pod in the left torso, you cant equip X's right torso equivalent would handle abuse.

Edited by Garlion, 25 March 2021 - 08:56 AM.

#331 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:01 AM

View PostShaky Snake, on 16 November 2020 - 08:07 PM, said:

To be blunt here, why look at splitting the queue? If MWO had the population to sustain multiple queues, we wouldn't have seen the merger of solo and group. All that will happen by splitting them is an increase in wait times, and salt. We really don't need that.

DO NOT punish people for being social and grouping up. a multiplayer game like this , it's normal to group up.
Other games of this type have groups and solo merged without all the crying and whining we have here.
My friends list shrank more and more the game went solofest. If you want solo only, then introduce bots and call it mechwarrioroffline.
Online games survive by community, not by a collection of solos all ignoring each other.

#332 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:04 AM

View PostArkham Chase, on 25 March 2021 - 09:01 AM, said:

DO NOT punish people for being social and grouping up. a multiplayer game like this , it's normal to group up.
Other games of this type have groups and solo merged without all the crying and whining we have here.
My friends list shrank more and more the game went solofest. If you want solo only, then introduce bots and call it mechwarrioroffline.
Online games survive by community, not by a collection of solos all ignoring each other.

Well said.. mechwarrior offline.. i like that :D

#333 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:04 AM

the most Command chairs a waste of time and the most themes you never find by the Roadmaps and future Way of mWO ...only playing with xml files, Spawnpoint and Mapfixig ...thats all what PGI can do for MWO

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 31 March 2021 - 02:04 AM.

#334 SwirlyManager74

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 01:10 AM

So i wanted to open up a discussion about events, why don't we try to implement some sort of game modes that can be online only at certain time of the month (maybe the last week of every month, it's just a suggestion by the way), in which we have some sort of modifiers applied to the match, let me explain my self better:

1) Having the possibility to have special quirks for certain mechs on the event match, maybe without caring of critical slots and tonnagge (like a match where we have only Urbies with AC20 and An XL Engine 180...fast,powerfull and mostly FUN)
2) Giving people the possibility to respawn (Like faction play) up to 4 times
3) Manage the mech pool that players have on the match (maybe if it is a static pool for every one it's better)
4) Changing the quirks and mech pool monthly so that player base is always refreshed with new content(Trust me there are a lot of possibilities and things to do)
5) Implement some sort of pool on the website where the community can choose/suggest combination of quirks/mechs that can be live next month
6) About the game modes well some sort of deathmatch would be great to start (maybe in rounds)
7) Of course you can obtain c/bills and stuff with internal challenges implemented

I think that giving out this type of events mode could benefit the popularity of the game and the base player, you can just look to league of legends which applies this sort of strategy, and the game is mostly fun for that.

Tell me what you think guys.

P.S: i'm noticing a small increase on the online population of the players thanks to the updates that we are receiving, so why not surf on top of the wave while we can and take something in return?

[mod]Ekson Valdez: post merged into Mechwarrior Online 2021: New Features[/mod]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 15 April 2021 - 10:34 PM.
topic merge

#335 Sushi Jesus

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:48 PM

I would love to have a simplified version of Solaris where I can just 1 v 1 a friend. Partly because it's fun and partly because it can be helpful to teach/learn how to play a new chasis.

#336 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:51 AM

View PostSushi Jesus, on 14 April 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

I would love to have a simplified version of Solaris where I can just 1 v 1 a friend. Partly because it's fun and partly because it can be helpful to teach/learn how to play a new chasis.

You know you can do private matches?

Alternative: You and your friend do a synchrodrop in an empty Solaris 7 division

#337 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 09:14 AM

View PostArkham Chase, on 25 March 2021 - 09:01 AM, said:

But Teamwork is OP. And banning groups from play in Solo is the easiest way to nerf it.

It was OP from the beginning of Mechwarrior Online, and from the beginning the Solo Players complained about premades that kill the fun.
And from the beginning of the open beta players suggested to make grouping up easier.
The Looking for Group function was added in 2015 - two and a half year after the start of the open beta and one and a half year after release.

And it isn't used much.
Some players didn't even know that it exists or just don't bother.
MWO also doesn't have VOIP outside of the matches, so groups need an external VOIP server.
So if you want to play in an ad hoc group it's easier to visit an external VOIP server instead of using MWOs LFG.

Also there was no need to group up, and group size was "limited" to max size of players per team.
Both is bad.
No need to group up because you can play Solo grooms the players to that kind of gameplay.
Not limiting the size of the group is bad because it makes balancing impossible, and matchmaking difficult.
Some group sizes like 9 or 10 worked only with on other group size (9+3, 10+2), so allowing them didn't make sense.

PGI tried to balance groups sizes in group play by reducing tonnage for the group players.
It didn't work. It just forced larger groups to play as horde of lighter (and faster) mechs and overrunning the enemy team as best tactic.

Edited by Alreech, 15 April 2021 - 09:15 AM.

#338 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:07 AM

For Soloplayer you must have Pve and Coop Modes , both not in MWO, so not really a Baseline for Sologamer thats wills not play as Team ...not the Groups the big Problem ,the Problem =Solo Snowflakes thats will Plays MWO as Singleplayer Game without Teamplay and will sucessfull fight gainst other Players with not own Team , This Players batter search for Games with Arenas or Battle Royale Modes

#339 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:12 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 16 April 2021 - 02:07 AM, said:

For Soloplayer you must have Pve and Coop Modes , both not in MWO, so not really a Baseline for Sologamer thats wills not play as Team ...not the Groups the big Problem ,the Problem =Solo Snowflakes thats will Plays MWO as Singleplayer Game without Teamplay and will sucessfull fight gainst other Players with not own Team , This Players batter search for Games with Arenas or Battle Royale Modes

Mechwarrior Online Solaris 7 has a dedicated arena mode for solo players. It's called Solaris 7.
But Quickplay is easier, you got 11 "team mates" as meatshield.

#340 Kurt the Merc

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 01:50 PM

Zoom in on Mech in Mechlab.

Customizable pilot

Perhaps tie the skill tree to a pilot allowing a stable of pilots skilled toward different play styles.

More Skills... Less grind,
less skills feels like a dumbing down. the problem isn't the number of nodes it that the choices between nodes don't matter enough to justify the grinding it took to unlock them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users