2021 mechs

682 replies to this topic

#81 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:01 AM

...bring the hatchetman with throwable axes, you don't need close combat. new weapon LRA largerangeaxe... ahahaha

#82 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:58 PM

i vote for WOB Celestial series for omni mechs
https://www.sarna.ne...elestial_series
i would love to see XXL, compact engine
compact, XL gyros
PPC capacitors, Plasma weapons, ect. iC3 comps could just give near instant info on targets c3 slave/ masters could do the same but also give a tag ability maybe even help defeat stealth.

Edited by The Boneshaman, 18 November 2020 - 05:06 PM.

#83 Heketon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:24 PM

Maybe a melee weapon can be a 2m to 5m ranged weapon that has a percentage chance to hit other mechs you facetank. It auto-
fires on contact so a new button isn't needed.

#84 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

Proposing a new IIC mech pack with the following Mechs that should be do-able with the current weapons and systems available in MWO:
  • Griffen IIC - Variant 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6
  • Locust IIC - Variant 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 8
  • Phoenix Hawk IIC - Variant 1, 2, 3, & 4
  • Shadow Hawk IIC - Variant 1, 2, 3, 4, & 9

#85 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

Like many, I would like to see the rest of the Reseen for 2021.. Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader, Longbow.

SLDF Era like the Mercury, Wyvern, Lancelot, Exterminator, Imp

Melee Mechs: Axeman,"#1 Hatchetman" (And don't say you "Can't" because of Cryengine, I know for a fact many games use this engine and CAN use melee so your argument from the past is invalid)

Solaris Mechs: The ones from the old Solaris VII Boxed set, I liked the 25 ton Locust looking one.. hint hint.

As for Clan Side: Behemoth, Locust IIc, Shadow Hawk IIc, Griffin IIc, Phoenix Hawk IIc, Firemoth (Yes, we know, its too fast for Cryengine.. think of something)

As to XL Engines.. Stop listening to the wrong people.. IS XL are fine... They are supposed to be the way they are as IS XL are not supposed to be the same as Clan XL.. You have it right, don't change it for whiny players who think Clan XL are unfair... They're supposed to be, The Clans are more technologically superior, get over it.

Scaling: Yes a few mechs are still oversized for their weight classes but don't focus on this over say, new mechs, new stuff first then fix old stuff.

More Maps with more terrain Variety... I Still want a "Lake" map, not just the wading pools we have, But a full on conceal your Atlas under water lake map. A Map with a Gaping Chasm where falling into it is sudden death would be fun (Not for the person falling into it, but hey, being a mechwarrior is a risky buisness)

#86 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:25 PM

I would probably open my wallet again for the Devastator.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Devastator

Posted Image

#87 Toque88

Rookie

• Staff Sergeant
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:03 PM

Fresh ideas?
1. What about lethal weapons that cause adverse effects, with minimal to no damage?
2. Add the ability to change at least one hard point on every mech to any any hard point type.
3. Add new engines types, that add awesome Quirks to a mech, but overheat or stall/shutdown when quirk is over used during matches.
4. Add "one time use" Jump jets that every mech can use, spending one or two slots.
5. Add a restricted guidance envelope to SRM's and MRM, or stop call them missiles if the behave just like Rockets!
6. Add more quirks to the guidance computers, this could make them important and necessity on the battlefield.
7. Add PPC EMP effects that disrupt hud and degrade engine performance.
8. Add Inferno SRM's to complement flamers
9. Drop ships should drop crates to re arm mechs, only the first mech that touches them get to re arm or reload. coolant, Arty, air strike and Drone etc..

#88 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

#89 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:04 AM

If there is one IS Omni I want to see badly in MWO, it has to be the Hauptmann. I mean how could I turn down a mech with a FREAKING LASER CIGAR? Just Classy.Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 20 November 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#90 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:14 AM

For sure it was on the table somewhere on the forum but maybe armor types? With some damage reduction % bonus. Don't know how big, maybe about 10-20% damage reduction? It was in some MW game. So you choose one of those:

Standard armor
Stealth
Ferro
Light ferro
Anti-missile
Anti-beam
Anti-ballistics

Those anti armors should weight some tons, depends on mech weight, like in case of ferro, but up. I see it as simple way to nerf weapon you feel will do you most harm in selected mech. And it's a player choice. Of course you can't merge those armors with other armor types.

#91 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:29 AM

Variants (even non-cannon) could be released in a similar fashion as old mech packs on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. They are easy to make, and theres plenty that could be done even without designing new hardpoint locations, although doing that isn't difficult either.
At-least in comparison to a brand new mech.

Omnimechs could be improved by giving out lower grade set bonuses. 5 piece (legs, head, CT) or 7 piece bonuses could provide improved combinations to omnimechs to make them more customizable, like omnimechs should be.

Engine heat spike for CXL/ISLE and side torso death for ISXL should be removed. Provide a structure or crit reduction buff to STD/ISLE to compensate.

Quirk and weapon balance needs to be done regularly. It prevents meta stagnation, and provides freshness even when not releasing content.

Edited by MechTech Dragoon, 19 November 2020 - 05:29 AM.

#92 MechTech Dragoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 308 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:50 AM

Hags and plasma weapons plox lmao

#93 Seth Kalasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 573 posts
  • LocationVirgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Terra

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:53 AM

Current poll leaders
https://mwomercs.com...mech-pack-poll/

IS assault- Longbow
IS heavy- Crusader
IS medium- Men Shen
IS light- Hollander

Clan assault- Stone Rhino
Clan heavy- Grizzly
Clan medium- Shadow Hawk IIC
Clan light- Firemoth

Edited by Seth Kalasa, 19 November 2020 - 05:56 AM.

#94 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:45 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 17 November 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

No thanks. Locking mechs behind game modes punishes players, and it also encourages people trying to grind the mechs to throw matches like they do during events. There is more than enough grind in this game.

Then let other players buy them for MCs like Champion & Hero Mechs.

Also that's the problem with grind in faction play? Grinding faction play for Mechbays is even recommended...

Quirks are fine and a good idea to make more mechs fun, unique and interesting. More need to be added, and only a very select few need to be removed.

Most quirks are not interesting until buffed out to the max with skill nodes by grinding.
Get rid of the grind for Skill nodes and keep the quirks.

SRM2 weighs 1 ton and takes up 1 slot.
MRM40 weighs 12 and takes up 7 slots.

Seems to balance out to me.

Get an XL Engine & Endo Steel and you got on many Mechs more than enough free weights to replace the SRM 2 with a MRM.

IS XL having a higher skill ceiling is how you create interesting and varied mech and gameplay choices. This game needs less samey BS.

Yes, players make their matches harder by using IS Engines to show their higher skill or have ...

The IS XL / Clan XL balancing problem was in the tabletop too. MWO needs to stop trying to emulate an old turn based boardgame with random hit locations with a 1st person shooter.

That's your opinion on the Heat Spike for Clan XL Engines? Keep it, because it makes the game more interesting?

#95 Snarkel

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:02 AM

Community mech:
Full support for the Bull Shark on the first post of this thread. Otherwise if I had to pick my own, I have a few pipe dream favorites like the Turkina, Stone Rhino, Firemoth, and Deimos.

Quirks:
Sets of 8 for under performers would be nice but also, and I may be in the minority here, personally really don't like the current quirk system. I feel some of them really limit creativity due to having bonuses assigned for different weapons I'd love it if quirks could be a bit more...general, if that makes sense, to promote more build diversity in variants that normally only promote one or two specific loadouts.

Armor balance for arm weapon mechs:
Yes yes YES ALL THE YES. As someone who's favorite mechs are the Rifleman IIC and Jenner IIC, I would absolutely love this.

Weapon balance pass:
It feels like so many weapons are either useless or just completely outclassed or even overused. I'd love to see RAC's and LRM's nerfed in some fashion because in nearly every game I become blinded and usually insta killed the moment one mech makes eye contact with me and I have entire armies worth of missiles hailing down on me while I'm under a barrage of RAC's.
I'd love to see the Gauss charge mechanic removed but maybe lengthen their cooldown and still keep the limit of how many you can fire at once? It maybe could just be me but I rarely see anyone ever field Gauss Rifles aside from an occasional Fafnir with dual Heavy Gauss. I'd love to see the Rocket Launcher minimum range removed because they are now never used ever. Lastly and while this isn't technically balance related. I'd love to see clans get a hold of HAG's to combat the RAC spam problem we currently have.

#96 Powa

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 10:20 AM

- Don't follow pen and paper rules. Mech sim should have different rules than a turn base game.
- Able to equip handheld weapons for mechs with hand actuators.
- Able to equip and discharge bolt on weapons like shoulder mounted weapon after exhausting weapon, to lighten the load.
- Weight matters. Able to equip more than available tonnage but with significant penalty. Ammo used, missing limbs, or losing armor will make the mech lighter, the longer the fight the lighter the mech will become. Lighter mech = more nimble, higher jump jet.
- Cockpit now can be shifted to center torso, if timeline progressed. Headshot will damage sensors and aim accuracy. PPC now will disrupt accuracy.
- Rework jump jet, can foward trust.
- Melee if possible Not CS:Counterstrike melee, do it like the modern battlefield series.
- Simiilar equipment have different manufacturers, have different stats. More equipments like in Rougetech.
- Mechs like MadCat "Ears" should not be side torso, but instead are new independent hit box. Its silly that a destruction of Timberwolf "ears" would destroy the engine.
- Implement Battlefield like mode, or Mechwarrior Living Legends, with vehicles. Personalize mech can be used, but have hefty repair bill and long cooldown if destroyed. Standard stock vehicles/mech are provided with low cost depending on the mission type.

Edited by Powa, 19 November 2020 - 10:21 AM.

#97 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:35 PM

View PostSeth Kalasa, on 19 November 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

Current poll leaders
https://mwomercs.com...mech-pack-poll/

IS assault- Longbow
IS heavy- Crusader
IS medium- Men Shen
IS light- Hollander

Clan assault- Stone Rhino
Clan heavy- Grizzly
Clan medium- Shadow Hawk IIC
Clan light- Firemoth

I've had a look at some of the configs, and if we don't do timeline advance and bring in new weapons/tech, then most of those will not be "allowed" within the current confines of weapons/tech available with the current game's 3052 setting.

#98 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:07 PM

• New Community-Driven 'Mech (Community input to new 'Mech chassis choice)
I'd like to see Alex version of the wasp, stinger and crusader
  • New 'Mech Variants
The more the merrier
  • Rescale 'Mechs (for fun and role vs volumetric)
Scaling based on silhouette (front and side) would make sense to me
  • Fix Mech Mobility (Desync)
ASAP. Buff mobility stats rather than re-syncing to engine size.
  • Update Bolt-Ons (Stay Attached)
Yes but this is a low priority and belongs in the monetization topic imo.
  • Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers
Yes and make liberal use of HSL quirks
  • Armor Balance for Arm Weapon-Only 'Mechs (Jenner, Jagermech, Rifleman)
ASAP. The armor redistribution on these mechs should never have happened. If anything, armor quirks should have been used instead.
  • Weapon Balance Pass
Please consult the balance gulag.

The most glaring balance issue to me is streaks. Lights usually make up single-digit % of the queue and I believe streaks are at least some of the reason why. There is no other weapon that is a no-aim one-shot against an entire class (at like 450m if c-ssrm), negating the only advantages of said class (namely speed and small size), while being more-or-less useless against every other class. Streaks should be reworked to be less effective against lights and more effective against heavies and assaults. One way of doing this would be to give them LRM-style tracking and spread (with appropriate values) rather than current guaranteed-component-hit behaviour.
  • IS Omnimechs / Engine Discussion
More mechs would be great, but fixed IS-XL would be horrible with the way they are currently. Allow IS-XL to survive side-torso destruction but with a heavy dissipation/mobility penalty.

Edited by dr3dnought, 19 November 2020 - 04:10 PM.

#99 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

I know that some people would like to have an Engine change to IS XL for IS OmniMechs, but I am one of those people who prefers that engine stay the same for IS. Personally, I'd prefer to give a quirk that buffs the Interior and Exterior Armor of the side torsos since they are the most desired targets. I think that IS Light Omnis and IS Medium Omnis (with speed tweak) will be fine. But for Heavy and Assault IS Omnis, as long as a pilot treats them as Support Mechs instead of going "Rambo" or plays it smart, they should be alright.

But these are mechs I want to see along with the Hauptmann:
Arctic Fox = Inbred Sibling of the Kit Fox
Firestarter (Omni) = IS Equivalent to the Shadow Cat (despite lacking MASC variants)
Men Shen = IS Equivalent to the Black Lanner
Avatar = IS Equivalent to the Mad Dog
Perseus = IS Equivalent to the Sun Spider
Black Hawk-KU = IS Nova, but heavier

Edited by Will9761, 19 November 2020 - 10:02 PM.

#100 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 19 November 2020 - 06:56 PM

Just do the Thug. Half of it is an Awesome anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users