• Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 March 2021 - 01:28 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 March 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:

Thanks the help Gagis!
Here's my Mirellyra:
KGC-000B

Pro: I like the simplicity of the concept, and the addition of the beagle makes allies able to target the fleas around your knees.
Con: you have CASE in a torso that doesn't have ammo in it. i would recommend removing both CASE systems, move the LRM ammo to the legs, and get a third ton of it.
Con: EndoSteel will save you 5 tons. FerroFibrous saves you just under 4 tons. You always get more bang for the same spaces by choosing EndoSteel first. That could pay for another ton of ammo.

You probably also want to scrap one of those heat sinks for another ton of autocannon ammo, because you're very light on that as well. MWO mechs need more ammo than tabletop mechs, and I think you'll find you're running dry more often than not. And if you did that, you'd have the critical spaces open to convert to a larger Light Fusion engine WITH the extra heatsink inside you just threw out. that loadout could look like this:

https://mech.nav-alp...7dbec4_KGC-000B

#42 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:11 PM

One case is wasted and the other isn't really worth it either. Should take Endo before Ferro. You are so much more likely to lose frontal armour than rear armour that you should move almost all points to the front.

The main problem however is that you have autocannons that fire projectiles that need to lead moving targets, lasers that need to hitscan targets and missiles that need to be fired on locked targets. There's just no way to use the weapons effectively together, and even when the enemy is immobile and makes aiming as easy as possible, its still a meager 48 points of alpha strike.

If I had a 000B, I'd probably try something like this, though the same might be better on the 0000 or 001: https://mech.nav-alp...ed3cbe_KGC-000B

Edited by Gagis, 10 March 2021 - 02:17 PM.

#43 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 March 2021 - 02:21 PM

View PostGagis, on 10 March 2021 - 02:11 PM, said:

The main problem however is that you have autocannons that fire projectiles that need to lead moving targets, lasers that need to hitscan targets and missiles that need to be fired on locked targets. There's just no way to use the weapons effectively together, and even when the enemy is immobile and makes aiming as easy as possible, its still a meager 48 points of alpha strike.

I agree the low alpha is a concern, but AC/5's and Large Lasers complement each other better than you might think. you just fire one set after the other and adjust aim accordingly. Anyone used to a cataphract or a highlander can attest to that. And adding the LRM's to the mix is simple, as you're getting lock by targeting your lasers anyway.

This build is viable if you're up with the team, getting your own locks, and always firing SOMETHING, which the generalist weapon setup allows for. it's far from meta, but you can post up decent damage in it with a bit of practice.

#44 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 11 March 2021 - 12:46 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 March 2021 - 09:04 AM, said:

Thanks the help Gagis!
Here's my Mirellyra:
KGC-000B

Here is an upgraded Version of your K-Crab....same concept but a bit more...evereything
KGC-000B

Edit: mybad forgot to adjust your armor...rear side torsoes 12 and center 15 rest front

Edited by The Basilisk, 11 March 2021 - 12:56 AM.

#45 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:39 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 11 March 2021 - 12:46 AM, said:

Here is an upgraded Version of your K-Crab....same concept but a bit more...evereything
KGC-000B

Edit: mybad forgot to adjust your armor...rear side torsoes 12 and center 15 rest front

Interesting. Today this one came into my mind:
KGC-000B
A`383:@1|jb|i^|i^|f?|AOpl0|G@|G@|Z<2|i^ql0|D@|i^r41|S@s41|S@t61|^O|APu61|^O|APvB0|APwN0H0H0
The heat is a bit worrying and YES, I not allocated the armour properly yet, it is just a weapon-bed test-design concept (huh, finally it has no meaning).

This one I used in the MW4 game, Stormcrow called "Dawnhunter":
SCR-PRIME
Ag2D<:e0pU0\J7|<C|XR|l^qU0ZJ7|<C|XR|l^rT0aK7|bB|LRsT0]F7|oB|oBtb0^F7ub0_F7vB0XF7|l<2wA0?0?0

A possible refit for my Hellfire:
HLF-1
A?;D4:61|0f|l^p^0|l^|l^|RC|EC|6S|0Sq^0|l^|l^|RC|6S|DCrX0|1CsX0|1Cth0|l^uh0|l^vB0|l<2w:0:0:0

Maybe once I may update the first post to contain all the concept build's link in case if (IF!) someone may interested (never) about them...

EDIT:
Thunderlord (most probably kill with an alpha without heat treshold skill-piles):
EXE-PRIME
AM4L<:E1pf0<N7qf02L7|l^r019L7|1C|1C|l^sa05L7|1C|1C|l^t616L7u617L7vA00L7w<0<0<0

Edited by Duke Falcon, 24 March 2021 - 09:32 AM.

#46 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 27 March 2021 - 08:34 AM

Help!
I bought an MLX-ED (half cost and like MLX generally). But! I wanted to refit the left arm omnipod with a C's arm because of the ECM and the game says "Invalid build". Not said what is invalid so I have no idea what could be the problem... Hero mechs' omnipods can not swapped?

Also, what do you think the builds in the previous post? The KGC and the HLF especially since I want to refit those mechs in the near future and these builds came into my mind...

#47 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:53 AM

Solved the problem with the MLX-ED. Mechlab (MechDB's mechlab) removed stuffs from stock loadouts even if things may hardwired. In the Mechbay version I could move the BAP to the arm to pair with the ECM. Ingame after import the code the message said invalid build because BAP is hardwired on this variant... Took a while to figure it out and make me more cautious to directly import build codes from the MechDB...

#48 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:42 AM

I genuinely would be interested how you managed to move that BAP from the head.

#49 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:13 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 19 March 2021 - 08:39 AM, said:

Interesting. Today this one came into my mind:
KGC-000B
A`383:@1|jb|i^|i^|f?|AOpl0|G@|G@|Z<2|i^ql0|D@|i^r41|S@s41|S@t61|^O|APu61|^O|APvB0|APwN0H0H0
The heat is a bit worrying and YES, I not allocated the armour properly yet, it is just a weapon-bed test-design concept (huh, finally it has no meaning).

This concept has several serious design flaws:
- Combination of low DPS+lowfacetime wpns with high dps high facetime weapons
- Combination of heatspike and buildup weapons --> hard to heatmanage
- 3 entirely different weapon mechanics --> hard to use effectively

Try those loadouts:
- Pokecrab
- DakkaCrab
- BrrrrtCrab

The first one is a strict medrange build for firing over Ridges or for transition between cover places or to provide the last rites to mechs with open armor (exchange 2LPLs for 3 LLas if you want do not use ER). Both AC Crabs are ideal for providing supportfire for other ppl beeing able to come out of cover and use their more pp weapons. Also murderballing while walking the nascar will work if you are carefull. Use the MLas/MPLs for Backup only or for tasks that would overburden your ammo supply !!!

This one I used in the MW4 game, Stormcrow called "Dawnhunter":
SCR-PRIME

Same Prob as with the KGC...too many different weapon mechanics, heat and range profiles.
Especially omni Mechs are destined to use boating strategies to function well. If you want to use mixed weapons be sure you can alpha them without loosing too much dmg or dps. (3SRMs and the LBX for example)

A possible refit for my Hellfire:
HLF-1

Maybe once I may update the first post to contain all the concept build's link in case if (IF!) someone may interested (never) about them...

While not as bad as the other two you realy should decide on the role your mech wants to take. While I always encourage bringing a back up weapon you shouldn't use concuring primary weapons. So either use ATMs and a some backup lasers against lights or use PPC to snipe and cover every weapon has its own requirements. Especially if you want to use ATMs to their full potential you need lots of points in sensors and Wpns while ER PPCs will need points in ops and mobility.

EDIT:
Thunderlord (most probably kill with an alpha without heat treshold skill-piles):
EXE-PRIME

Dear lord help me !!!Posted Image NOOO just .... no no no

#50 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:23 AM

I genuinely would be interested how you managed to move that BAP from the head.

When I tinkered with the MLX-ED the MechDB also offered me two ACs and ammos (a few days after the latest patch, today when checked no more AC duplums and hardwired stuffs not got removed). Also not got a star after my designs, so yeah, back those time I could do many nasty things...

Something tells me that Thunderlord is my BEST build ever done!

You see? My INSANE designs :) Insanely insane sometimes :P But I will give a try for the 4xER-PPCs Executioner just for sheeeeeeeer fun...

As for the HLF-1, my new insane idea is 3xER-PPC but heat would be a serios proble for it. Currently it runs with a LPL and four MPLs what hits cool, deal some damage and provide heat what manageable. Just not want another laserboat since my Hellbringer is a better choice for that role.

Thanks for the frank and humble opinions of my insane designs! I not really would use them anyway (moreso if the next patch nerf PPCs back to stoneage). What about a Grasshopper with 4xL-PPCs? Insane? Hits hard, tried it, but have many serious problems I hardly able to manage on my level and skills...

My new favourite is Dante:
RFL-IIC-2
AO<D4::1|ne|l^pb0|PR|PR|HRqb0|PR|PR|HRrX0|dB|`B|dBsX0|dB|`B|dBtX0uX0vB0|n<2w:0:0:0
I know 6xUAC2s would be better but because my shaky hands I though the splashing nature of LB-X could help to deal some damage even if caught to use snap shot...
Yeah, Dante, I give name all my mechs and often use names what are obscure for most people. My Mad dog, for example, called "Yennefer" after a sorceress from a book I read about ten years ago (Was a really good book to say). Yennefer is a nice girl: 2xLRM20 +TAG, but those whom think it is a sitting duck, well, almost everyone I met ducked back cover after hit by the PPC (wonder why, since it deals low damage and usually not hit a vital part thanks for my shaky hand and jittering aim)...

#51 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 April 2021 - 11:57 AM

If (IF!) I win that MC2-B what is the current prize I think I would run this loadout:
MCII-B
A89D4:=1|>f|l^|l^|l^|l^pd0|l^|1C|l^qd0|l^|VC|1C|l^rf0|fB|RRsf0|fB|RRt41|RR|RRu41|RR|RRvB0wH0@0@0
Mayhaps not the best to mix UACs with PPCs but it could be devastating against damaged enemies during FP matches...

#52 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 12:13 PM

UAC10's, 5's and ERPPC's actually go very well together. That looks fine, although the engine might be bigger than you need. Laser AMS will cook you alive if you play it before the heat gets toned down though.

I'm sitting on mine waiting for the April 20th patch when cAC5 will go from firing a 2-shot burst into firing a single shell and losing its ghost heat limit of 3. 4AC5+2ERPPC ought to be good.

#53 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:51 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 11 April 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

If (IF!) I win that MC2-B what is the current prize I think I would run this loadout:
MCII-B
A89D4:=1|>f|l^|l^|l^|l^pd0|l^|1C|l^qd0|l^|VC|1C|l^rf0|fB|RRsf0|fB|RRt41|RR|RRu41|RR|RRvB0wH0@0@0
Mayhaps not the best to mix UACs with PPCs but it could be devastating against damaged enemies during FP matches...

When you get the bounty (You will, it's not even that hard), make sure to max your armour!
MCII-B the UAC10 build will run better on the Deathstrike, but you could try 4x UAC2 + 2x ER PPC instead, just replace the UAC10s and ammo by UAC2s and you're good. This is truly a thing only the MCII-B can do .

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 11 April 2021 - 09:57 PM.

#54 frog time

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts
  • Locationctf_2fort

Posted 18 April 2021 - 11:15 AM

Oh boy, I read "insane builds" and "King Crab" in the same thread and have I got something to share with you...

KGC-000

SIX RAC2s. SIX.

Is it a useful or efficient build? Absolutely not, it's slow as molasses and overheats in less than 3 seconds of both arms firing. Is there any practical reason to use this build in any sort of serious setting? Absolutely not. But I can promise you that the three seconds of awe-inspiring BRRRRT before the 'mech turns into a family-size serving of steamed crab will be the most glorious three seconds of your life.

#55 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:27 PM

Just going back to the SMN Brawl Build.

Nothing anyone posted was really any good. For example combining Heavy Lasers with SRMs is completed counter intuitive.

The entire idea behind brawling with SRMs is you can twist and spread damage as fast/efficiently as possible. Having a weapon that requires a whole 1s of face-time totally destroys that. So we say no to Heavy Lasers, even ERML is no good.

If you wanna Brawl in the SMN use this SMN-PRIME using a skill tree something LIKE THIS

It's been used plenty in high level comp. You can safely Alpha all 5 SRM6s, even with ghost heat, 3 times. For maximum damage while spreading the incoming. If you find you never use all the ammo then add 1 more cDHS. Most players can get away with doing this as 900 rounds is over 1500dmg (allowing for some missed shots, AMS etc)

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 April 2021 - 08:29 PM.

#56 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:57 AM

I got the MadCat MK2 within 5 days. A good little cat. Running with 4xUAC2s and 2xERPPCs + LAMS. Nasty...
Today, thanks for the sale, I would buy an Executioner prime. Long since want one and now it come for half price!

@frog time
That King Crab looks nicely insane and it could be usefull if work in a team where you could pull back to cool down. Otherwise I have a 000B version but not think that I could not rearm it that way if I want...

@justcallme A S H
For a while I used a Summoner with 3xSRM6s + 2xSRM4s. Was nice in 1on1 or QP but in FP it failed because of many reasons:
1 Insufficient amount of ammo (kill max 2 or 3 mechs if one may lucky, to much target at once)
2 My brawling skills still very low (this is one of the reason I use team-support builds in FP)
I currently happy with my 3xLRM15s + TAG Summoner. Solid, swift and could jump. Trouble comes when I do try to brawl with it (more often you may think)...

#57 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 04:24 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 21 April 2021 - 06:57 AM, said:

Today, thanks for the sale, I would buy an Executioner prime. Long since want one and now it come for half price!

Have fun with the Executioner! The Executioner is not a typical Assault 'Mech. Posted Image

#58 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:31 AM

View Postmartian, on 22 April 2021 - 04:24 AM, said:

Have fun with the Executioner! The Executioner is not a typical Assault 'Mech. Posted Image

I equipped it with 4 ER-PPCs (like some of the above post shows) and it ROCKS!!! Extremely cool. Fire only 2 PPCs at once and have 1-2 seconds pause before shot the other two and it would (sorry) **** everything on sight. It even survives a few alphas if override is off (albeit the engine damages).
This is far the best brawler I used in FP (not tested in QP yet). Yesterday I played FP with it (swapped the MadCat 2B for this monster) and I scored ~300 damage before killed by friendly fire in my back (was my fault, I think, I retreated to the wrong way and may stepped in someone's firing line). If not got hit in my back I could double that damage since the front armour were only yellow.
Love it! This beast would serve me well I see it already!

@Basilisk:
Where did you get that "Contra Arcade - Pro Battletech MWO Community" badge? I really want some to if possible!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 22 April 2021 - 07:33 AM.

#59 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:44 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 22 April 2021 - 07:31 AM, said:

Where did you get that "Contra Arcade - Pro Battletech MWO Community" badge? I really want some to if possible!

Check this thread: Contra Arcade Pro Battletech Community

#60 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 25 April 2021 - 09:28 AM

First: Thanks for martian for the badge's link. Struggled a bit because my german is bad and forgot much but understood the forum post for the second read...

Second: I decided to buy an Orion while this sale takes and played around MechDB a bit. First I wanted an ON-1M but it is to expensive if I want to buy engines for half price to. So I would buy an ON-1K what is almost like the 1M just with less missile points and without an XL engine (I change XLs to Lights for IS mechs so buy either ON-Orions I must buy also a light engine).
Finally two builds remained I need to choose from:
ON1-K
AS182:@1|Wg|i^|i^|Z<2pf0|R@qf0|Z?|f?|aO|[<2r`0|G@|i^s`0|G@|i^t01|[O|[Ou01|?P|?PvB0w<0:0:0
A long range brawler - I like long-range builds albeit I still have troubles with aiming because of shaky hands
ON1-K
AS182:@1|Wg|i^|i^pf0qf0|Y@|Y@|HP|[<2r`0|G@|G@|i^s`0|G@|G@|i^t01|GP|GPu01|GP|GPvB0w<0:0:0
A more closer bandit, but this have some things alien for my playstyle, namely MRMs... But it is never late to learn...
Which one is better? What do you think apart they are the same insane stuff like my other builds...

@Basilisk

YES! Yes! yes! Executioner with 4 ER-PPCs still rocks! I love this build more and more with each games I play with it!

Edited by Duke Falcon, 25 April 2021 - 09:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users