55 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:30 AM

Well, I may say title says everything, but, frankly not really... Those days... What days? Well, those sh!tty, bad days when everything seems f**ked up.
Oh, right, you may say: Really? Stories of our lifes! True. No doubt never question nor dispute...
But yesterday was trully, well, like those days.
It started well, woke with terrible headache, something what is casual and only loosely bothering. Still, not the best start for a day. And it goes according to that: cut my finger when removed modell figures from their sprues; devastated two parts I could repair but were stole about 4-5 hours from my life... Oh, yeah, hands are shaky all day, start to fear it is not chemo side-effect anymore (most probably still yes, but SM is my personal dreaded nightmare)... Then evening, MWO time!
Goooooooosh!
Launch in the queue when it were 2-2. Wait, 3-12... 4-20... 19-27 (WTF?!, after 27 mins in the queue), good, now play at last! NO! Left from game and still wait, 7-15 up to 15-18 (8-10 mins but doh!). Do play now! NO!!! Again no. I not even exit the queue since I joined and left out so many times?! And PGI wonders why they lose players? Yeah, not the martians abduct them, just sayin...
Well, in the fourth (!) round after almost a hour of waiting I finally let in to play. FP, my favourite, the meaning of MWO! Finally play!
Why not left me out? Suffered, just suffered, can not do anything worthy at all. My team sucked and lost mostly because of me for sure (even if not I think I influenced things greatly)... Mere two kills? Well, more than usual but with ~250 damage overall?! What the heck? Even I wondered how bad I accomplished... I just suffered, and not only because of my shaky hands but because my series of wrong decisions...
Choosed my mechs first what have direct fire weapons, not only LRMs. Bad idea! Got a headshot and died first (not even seen where do I got that but someone who could kill a Mad dog with a HPPC headshot, how else could call, is a f**king lucky l33t). Drop next mech, go forth, shot two salvo of LRMs then shot in the back and die... How the hell could a heavy sneak up to my back? Attention deficite + suffering, bad day, yeah...
Then Lurmer-boat, two kills, but constant run away and hide because no weapon to use face-to-face. A shame that got killed by some lights sneak up again. It tells everything...
Last mech, AC-boat, perhaps do something? NO! HUD dissappeared again and aim without a crosshair + shaky hands... How many T1 may could do that? A few. And me, a T5? Nooooooooooooo waaaaaay...
So, yes, worst FP of my 10 weeks MWO career. If my teammates accuse me for failure, well, they are most probably right...
Do I learned the lesson and quit? No, because those days also cloud sanity... Go to QP with my King Crab because I love that mech (and IS vs IS FP seems to muttafukka rare)...
Somehow (I doubt it could be even done) got stucked so perfectly than became immobile. A KGC stucked between two blocks of flats unable to move anywhere? Duck hunt! The result? 38 damage done and only 22 score... Noone could done worse than this, even if I challenge you all to do...
So, you see, yesterday were from those days...
And now you may think I am crazy to write all these sh!t. Perhaps. Perhaps just try to diggest what happened yesterday. Dunno...

#2 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 08:44 AM

Sir, this is a Wendy's

But it does seem in this game for whatever reason you can't play yourself out of a bad string of games. Just gotta quit and try again the next day.

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:36 AM

Hey, take it easy, and do take things from day to day!
If MWO really gets you down, just don't play it for a few days, and then come back for more!
It's just a game!

As long as you are learning MWO techniques and skills everyday, I'm sure that things will get better over time!
There will be good days--and bad days too; it comes with the territory.

As an example, I started playing MWO nine months ago, and it's been a (steep) learning curve overall!
But I'm here for stomping robot fun currently in Tier 5 leveling up unskilled mechs, and I freely admit that I may never get to T1.
Started playing with Atlas Kraken (thanks to Steam package sale!), sometimes doing ZERO damage or damage in the single digits... until I got my mouse sensitivity down, fumbling around the ropes in MWO.
Then tried LRM in Assaults (you would not believe the flames I got in this forum!), still sometimes got ZERO damage in a few games (lights got to me before I could join the battle).
Tried laser builds after that, started to find I like Clan Heavy energy builds (I'm looking at you, Hellbringer!).

Got a few favorite mechs that fit my stomping robot playstyle, and continuing to leveling up unskilled mechs (and get killed too).

Finally, recently went back to the Memory Lane, got into the original Assault mechs that I played 9 months ago, and I said to myself, what mech hardpoint layout is this, did I design this?? And why did I use this skill tree in this way??

The point of this long winded soliloquy is this: as long as you are learning MWO techniques and skills everyday, I'm sure that things will get better over time!

Happy hunting, and see you in MWO Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 10 April 2021 - 09:39 AM.

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 04:26 AM

@on FP:

I can sympathise with a lot you wrote - many people, including me, started out in a similar fashion ;)

some things you CAN do to make your FP-time FAR more enjoyable:

1.) its a teamgame, so team-up. FP is meant to played with comms on teamplay, and it's so much more fun to do something with a plan then 'rund around in circles for the xth time';
listen to comms if there's somebody dropcalling. if it was fun dropping with those guys, just ask to join them for the next few drops. many groups welcome an additional player on comms, and are happy to show/tell you the ropes of FP.
teamspeak / discord is encouraged.

2.) FP is (or was?) full of vets, and all the things you DO wrong (and you do, as everybody does, when he starts out) will get punished way quicker as in Quickplay. for example your headshot might have very well NOT been a lucky shot. same thing with you getting backstabbed.
good news: a lot of those things you WILL improve upon the next few weeks, and running with a group (see 1.) will mitigate a lot of it. I suggest to also use the academy for direct-fire training. get the know the mechs that are run in FP, and you understand their strenghts and weaknesses.

3.) have fun. preferably with a bunch of likeminded people in FP. grab a few beers, some dakkamechs and/or brawlers, and remember to NOT play as wolfs or davies ;-)

#5 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:54 AM

Today something went awfully wrong with MWO. I may report that the game became a huge, serious bug!
I played in a match where the enemy team slaughtered us for 1:12 and the only one in my team who killed were me. ME?! Something registered things plain wrong! Because it is impossible! I write it down again just to everyone see:
I played in a match where the enemy team slaughtered us for 1:12 and the only one in my team who killed were me.
IMPOSSIBLE! I scored the only kill in a team? It never happened and even in this case it must be some kind of bug.

BTW:

NOT play as wolfs or davies ;-)

What does this mean?

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 11:22 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 06 May 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

Today something went awfully wrong with MWO. I may report that the game became a huge, serious bug!
I played in a match where the enemy team slaughtered us for 1:12 and the only one in my team who killed were me. ME?! Something registered things plain wrong! Because it is impossible! I write it down again just to everyone see:
I played in a match where the enemy team slaughtered us for 1:12 and the only one in my team who killed were me.
IMPOSSIBLE! I scored the only kill in a team? It never happened and even in this case it must be some kind of bug.

Congratulations! Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 06 May 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 11 April 2021 - 04:26 AM, said:

3.) have fun. preferably with a bunch of likeminded people in FP. grab a few beers, some dakkamechs and/or brawlers, and remember to NOT play as wolfs or davies ;-)

What does this mean?

"wolfs" - Clan Wolf
"davies" - House Davion (Federated Suns)

Both factions are infamous Mary Sues of the BattleTech universe.

#7 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 May 2021 - 04:56 PM

View Postmartian, on 06 May 2021 - 11:22 AM, said:

"wolfs" - Clan Wolf
"davies" - House Davion (Federated Suns)

Both factions are infamous Mary Sues of the BattleTech universe.

Disagree the real mary sues are Kurita (whiners) and jade falcon Budgies

#8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 04:10 AM

View PostMechaGnome, on 07 May 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

they're Mary Sue's, too ofc. just not to the degree davion & wolves are.

whereas the real heroes like House Liao for example, only get bad propaganda and evil plot-twists that half their domain.
not even talking about the benevolent liberators from beyond the periphery, the smoke jags, the hells horses or the glorious steelvipers.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 08 May 2021 - 04:10 AM.

#9 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:34 AM

Try Marik for the true buttboys of the franchise. ****** over at every turn.

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 06:05 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 08 May 2021 - 05:34 AM, said:

Try Marik for the true buttboys of the franchise. ****** over at every turn.

Very accurate description, I would say. Posted Image

#11 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 08 May 2021 - 04:10 AM, said:

the smoke jags

Ah yes, Clan War Crimes.

#12 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 May 2021 - 12:57 AM

So, literally, in the late 31.st century mankind is... Full of Mary Sues?!
Better not go to WH40k then, where true Mary Sues live...
Oh, and just recently seen that my KGC now do 103 damage from possible 250. It does 48 so far but swapped the two AC5s to two RAC2s and damage just sky-rocketed. I consider this as a bug...

Thanks, but not deserved. I were shocked because of the "sole-killer" because according to the Jarl's list my development is -3% (from an overall 4%)... Yeah, not the best player (or just die to frequently despite the kills and KMDDs). Everyone could check my progress on the list and be shocked! Another 4-5 years of development and I will come for YOU!
Or my stats are bad because 70% of my games are FP?

View PostMechaGnome, on 07 May 2021 - 04:56 PM, said:

Wanna met you either in QP or FP. That falcon part was just so insulting (and sadly also so true)!

Edit: corrected some typos...

Edited by Duke Falcon, 09 May 2021 - 01:02 AM.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 01:32 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 09 May 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

Thanks, but not deserved. I were shocked because of the "sole-killer" because according to the Jarl's list my development is -3% (from an overall 4%)... Yeah, not the best player (or just die to frequently despite the kills and KMDDs). Everyone could check my progress on the list and be shocked! Another 4-5 years of development and I will come for YOU!

Sometimes the team folds so quickly that concentrating on getting the single honorable kill is the only thing that one can do. Posted Image

View PostDuke Falcon, on 09 May 2021 - 12:57 AM, said:

Or my stats are bad because 70% of my games are FP?

The stats are not the most important part of MWO.

Remember, you are playing for fun, not for the stats.

#14 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 May 2021 - 07:23 PM

hey what about the poor FRR, got their **** kicked in because the clans had to come through their territory first.

#15 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 12 May 2021 - 01:31 PM

Probably won’t make you feel better but I just had one of “Those Days”….

Spent the last 2 days digging a large shrub out of the garden so woke up this morning with seized shoulders, a swollen knee and a flare up of arthritis in my fingers.

Limped and grumbled my way through the day and finally sat down for some quality MWO time.

First game….just dropped off by the drop ship and game freezes. Get logged back in just in time to see my team win without me.

Second game …. Just dropped off by the drop ship and game freezes. Get logged back in to find I’m dead.

Games 4 to 6….no freezes but I couldn’t catch a break. I was awful (maybe the other side were great but if I’m honest I was awful) - possibly the worst I’ve ever played.

At this point I decided to give up and try again tomorrow…..after all it’s only a game.

#16 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:27 PM

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:16 AM

Today some miracle happened. I earned the achievement "hat trick". Never earned three kills with a single mech, my best were four mechs with three different mechs in FP. Now two were LRM-swarmed before ran out of ammo while the third were a PPC-kill on a Black Knight's cockpit. Also achieved four KMDD in another match today without killing blows achieved.
My performance seems to waves a bit way to much...

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 11:40 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 17 May 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

Today some miracle happened. I earned the achievement "hat trick". Never earned three kills with a single mech, my best were four mechs with three different mechs in FP. Now two were LRM-swarmed before ran out of ammo while the third were a PPC-kill on a Black Knight's cockpit. Also achieved four KMDD in another match today without killing blows achieved.
My performance seems to waves a bit way to much...

Great!

Now you can aim for "Johnny Five"! Posted Image

#19 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 May 2021 - 11:50 AM

View Postmartian, on 17 May 2021 - 11:40 AM, said:

Great!

Now you can aim for "Johnny Five"! Posted Image

Johnny Five?! Ouuuugh... That would take a while. My best is still 4 KMDD in a match in QP. FP is a different thing and as much as I experienced the game handling it different because of the 4 playable mech per match.
But today solo killed a Victor with my Mad Dog's LRM-20s with direct LOS. I think I smashed some unlucky newbie so I may sorry... Or may not...
You know, even I started somewhere once and noone felt sorry about me...

#20 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 12 July 2021 - 10:56 AM

Today I shot out someone called Blaine Lee Pardoe. He were not the writer or were?!
Also my Supernova plays funny... 4xLRM20 + 4xMPL, bombard with it like hell, got 2 KMDD. Well, only the lasers left, let us go to die! Scored 3 killing blows...
WUTDAHELL?! The 4xMPL works better than 4xLRM20?! Bad joke, someone must kneel into the corner right now!
Got an unit invitation and accepted it. My first unit (RIMS) have 51 total members. Is that much or average? Hope I could launch them soon into FP :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users