220 replies to this topic

#181 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:05 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 26 June 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

Do they Do dmg towards a mech? same to Deathstrike it is not pinpoint cause of burntime of lasers. So your argumets that it is not the same? it is. Now add the quirks on theese mechs, that make them rediculus.
Same as i said befor you just whant to have your playstile prefered, cause you are the good guy, i´m the bad guy. please do us all a faivor and go play MW5 there you have your OP IS and only IS! You did not show me in one Point why you think it is balanced, I show you what is unbalanced, and your only answer is i´m wrong?
for your comment 500 vs 700 bullets... 500 bullets is at optimal range 1000dmg a rifflemann 2C is still dead before my ammo goes out, and then i still have 10 tonns more of dropwait to burn out what you bring against me. that is what balance is like

Posted Image

#182 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:24 AM

I will gave you another example:
two pilots same skill same mech will fight against each other. the result of 10 battles will be near to 5 wins to each of them.
now that what is it like now:
Two pilots with same skill, have equal mechs but one has a higher DPS then the other the result will be like 8 wins for the mech with higher DPS and two wins of lukyness to the other.
here is where balancing should get ingame, to balance this out.
I will not say, that i have your skilllevel, i´m just over average but that is ok for me(i know how to pilot my mechs), eaven if i loose every single match against you and other that is ok for me, but what is not ok for me, that one side has the ability to do more dmg because of unbalanced sides.And this is what it is like now. So what i whant from you, just open your mind to see what i´m saying what is unbalanced right know, and find a way to get it balanced, so that your opinion and mine are at a BALANCED level we are fare away from that. and I think I´m not alone with my opinion.
and @justcallme Ash CERPPC do less then 15 PPFLD DMG they got splashdmg.... I would prefer the 15 but it is not.

Edited by Rizzi Kell, 26 June 2021 - 01:58 PM.

#183 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 05:35 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 25 June 2021 - 01:50 PM, said:

Ah yes the classical “I don’t play clan/IS because they are op” card totally not because I am almost religiously playing only other side for some reason so it is my holy duty to post as much as possible to get my side buffed/other side nerfed haha ye other side op so I don play it guys for real because of that I swear xd

>measuring by IS can deal X pinpoint at Y range while clan can do only Z
Ye meanwhile clans have funny mech called Deathstrike that runs 82 pinpoint alpha at almost 500m that can kill amything short of assaults to CT in two alphas. Or Micropulse/SPL boats with ridiculous DPS who can also backstab most of mechs in said 2 alphas.

Jagermech and Rifleman IIC almost identical, JM has maybe a bit better damage due to quirks but it has worse hitboxes, runs IS XL so it’s pretty easy to kill and doesn’t have jumpjet, both mechs are same 65t so this is extremely bad example to complain about. Especially as you word it “RFL-IIC has 6xAC2 over 5 on JM so it should be better”.

PSA: you counter stealth armor by using eyes, from what I know both sides have access to them

IS Large Lasers are still dogshit

Did you know that RFL-IIC can alpha 5xLPL very easily that is even more damage then 6xERLL BLR that you have a problem with?

Be sure to provide more IS better then clans factually wrong opinions I might have time to debunk some more.

to your PSA : where is your Point against that Clans should not have Stealth too?

#184 Voxsera Hazen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:02 AM

On topic : Patch seems good so far, only dropped a few on the buffed mechs.

Off Topic : [Redacted]

Edited by Armchair General, 27 June 2021 - 09:18 AM.

#185 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 26 June 2021 - 08:11 AM

If you think the WHM is op, there are a few things you have missed about the patch imho.

Let me introduce you to some of my new stable mechs (I'll only take CB-purchasable stuff for you too Posted Image):

MCII-1 with 4ERLL 2GAUSS - 74 alpha-able damage at 900+ meters. Insanely strong, can stagger 2-by-2 for farming of course.

MCII-1 with 4LPL 2GAUSS - Well, if ERLL burn time was too high and damage too low, here's 82 damage with very low burn time at the expense of a bit of range and speed. If you're not comfortable running <54kph or having little ammo, you can easily drop to 3LPL for faction play farming.

NTG-D 1GAUSS 2LPL 5ERML - Sweet 73.5 damage laservomit on a 75-tonner. Need I say more? https://mech.nav-alp...#702ae641_NTG-D

NTG-D 2GAUSS 2ERLL 2ERML - Only 65 damage at mid-range, but if you like the feel of dual Gauss or want the 2GR + 2ERLL long-range punch, this is a really nice build. If you feel like you don't use the ERMLs much, you can drop them and switch to the H So8 for 10% Gauss cooldown and ECM.

NTG-Any 3AC10 4ERML - With C-AC10s as well as the NTG mobility heavily buffed, this build can be really good at farming in the right situations. Focus on AC10s mainly and feel free to poptart here and there if you feel like you won't win the dps fight. https://mech.nav-alp...9ea7c_NTG-PRIME

Sincerely hope this helps you defeat those "OP" inner sphere mechs.

#186 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:38 AM

View PostDangerousOne, on 22 June 2021 - 08:50 PM, said:

You won't gonna like IS Omnis in this game.

Yeah, Blood Asp-level Dual HGR with ECM? (Hauptmann)

11 Small Laser Light? (Raptor)

MASC and ECM 97 kph 55 tonner? (Men-Shen)

12 ML Heavy? (Black Hawk KU)

There are plenty of perfectly good IS Omnis, just stay away from the bad ones like Owens, Strider, and Templar.

#187 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 26 June 2021 - 09:52 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 26 June 2021 - 03:42 AM, said:

So, you whant to tell me that the Jagermech is build with XL-Engine? I tell you something you must not, it can be build with Lightengine too. Same speed as Riffleman, just no jumpjets in.
Sure you can get the Deathstrike for C-Bills???? Can you? I think no. So explaining the deathstrike with 82 Alpha i give you the Marouder 9M against, Light 300 engine, 2MRM 40 4ER med 100 Dmg on same distance but lighter same heat but better weaponhardpoints, should i give you more? Atlas Kraken, MRM 40, MRM30, AC10 5ERMedlasers....., Thanatos 5P, 2xMRM 40 3x ERmedlasers (Oh has ECM and jumpies)... You can continue with nearly every mech on IS Side wait special 45tonns, a Blackjack with MRM 60 (Sure it has XL engine but 60 Alpha for at least 3 times with jumpies???

LOL all these MRMs. Not nearly the same as pure pinpoint.

#188 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 26 June 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

LOL all these MRMs. Not nearly the same as pure pinpoint.

And once again, Deathstrike build is although no Pinpoint, so read carefuly please.

#189 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 26 June 2021 - 02:12 PM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 26 June 2021 - 02:03 PM, said:

And once again, Deathstrike build is although no Pinpoint, so read carefuly please.

Uh... The gaussvomit deathstrike is pinpoint? It's not 100% frontloaded, sure, but if you can hold the burn on a single component (and lets be honest, not hard with a bit of practice, even easier if your target doesn't twist) it's absoloutely pinpoint.

#190 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 June 2021 - 07:50 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 21 June 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just highlighting because important factor many forget about Posted Image

True, but not my point. My point was a Catapult is a Catapult is a Catapult, regardless of the weapons equipped, and they should all behave the same way given the same engine size. Maybe Thunderbolts have more efficient actuators, or maybe Loki’s have poorly arrayed armor plating around the joints that prevent them from moving as fast or smooth, but a Thunderbolt is a Thunderbolt is a Thunderbolt, and a Loki is a Loki is a Hellbringer, even if a Catapult is not a Thunderbolt is not a Hellbringer.

#191 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 02:44 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 26 June 2021 - 08:11 AM, said:

If you think the WHM is op, there are a few things you have missed about the patch imho.

Let me introduce you to some of my new stable mechs (I'll only take CB-purchasable stuff for you too Posted Image):

MCII-1 with 4ERLL 2GAUSS - 74 alpha-able damage at 900+ meters. Insanely strong, can stagger 2-by-2 for farming of course.

MCII-1 with 4LPL 2GAUSS - Well, if ERLL burn time was too high and damage too low, here's 82 damage with very low burn time at the expense of a bit of range and speed. If you're not comfortable running <54kph or having little ammo, you can easily drop to 3LPL for faction play farming.

NTG-D 1GAUSS 2LPL 5ERML - Sweet 73.5 damage laservomit on a 75-tonner. Need I say more? https://mech.nav-alp...#702ae641_NTG-D

NTG-D 2GAUSS 2ERLL 2ERML - Only 65 damage at mid-range, but if you like the feel of dual Gauss or want the 2GR + 2ERLL long-range punch, this is a really nice build. If you feel like you don't use the ERMLs much, you can drop them and switch to the H So8 for 10% Gauss cooldown and ECM.

NTG-Any 3AC10 4ERML - With C-AC10s as well as the NTG mobility heavily buffed, this build can be really good at farming in the right situations. Focus on AC10s mainly and feel free to poptart here and there if you feel like you won't win the dps fight. https://mech.nav-alp...9ea7c_NTG-PRIME

Sincerely hope this helps you defeat those "OP" inner sphere mechs.

Shure and once again it is not pinpoint like the warhammer you have burntime on laser own movement and movement of your target, same to 3snubPPC+ AC20 builds but at shorter range. for sure you can do that amount of dmg on the target, but that is not my point i´m arguing for. it is the dmg done to one point at one time less then a sec. the dmg is emiditatly done at this point with no chance to avoid, you can not twist it away. Clans do not have this abillity.

#192 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 02:52 AM

View PostMechNexus, on 26 June 2021 - 02:12 PM, said:

Uh... The gaussvomit deathstrike is pinpoint? It's not 100% frontloaded, sure, but if you can hold the burn on a single component (and lets be honest, not hard with a bit of practice, even easier if your target doesn't twist) it's absoloutely pinpoint.

and that is the different, a player who knows how to twist can avoid the most dmg of the lasers (not from the gauss)by twisting, you can not twist away the 40 dmg from the Warhammer. And he can do it every 3,52 sek.

Edited by Rizzi Kell, 27 June 2021 - 02:59 AM.

#193 MechNexus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 04:36 AM

View PostRizzi Kell, on 27 June 2021 - 02:52 AM, said:

and that is the different, a player who knows how to twist can avoid the most dmg of the lasers (not from the gauss)by twisting, you can not twist away the 40 dmg from the Warhammer. And he can do it every 3,52 sek.

You seem to have missed the part where the gauss rifles, the part you yourself claim can't be twisted off, do 30 damage total. With the time it'll take for someone to react and fully twist off the damage from the lasers, you'll easily be able to make up the defecit.

Edited by MechNexus, 27 June 2021 - 06:59 AM.

#194 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 07:07 AM

View PostMechNexus, on 27 June 2021 - 04:36 AM, said:

You seem to have missed the part where the gauss rifles, the part you yourself claim can't be twisted off, do 30 damage total. With the time it'll take for someone to react and fully twist off the damage from the lasers, you'll easily be able to make up the defecit.

oh did not miss it, you can´t twist away gauss hit, so just telling about the lasers. Thought that was clear:)

#195 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 10:45 AM

What ammo bins got changed and by how much? I just dropped in a match and had hilarious 10k+ rounds for my pair of MG

#196 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 28 June 2021 - 12:22 AM

I do find it funny someone was basing IS Omnis, when in reality most of them are actually pretty solid mechs.

Course, most of those idiots are freaking out about their hardwired XLs, and forget that IS Omnis in general tends to be pretty damn well armored AND mobile, I.E. the Avatar or Sunder.

Not to mention most of them are incredibly well armed for their size too. Mean, hell, look at the aforementioned Raptor. How many 25 tonners do you know that can run over 110kph, carry a pair of large lasers and have no overheating problems due to firing them constantly?

Also, Rizzi?

There's a massive difference between Theoretical DPS on paper, and actually causing damage on the field.

I love IS mechs, but Clans outperform us DPS wise simply for the fact their Damage APPLICATION is better than ours, which is why any halfways competent IS pilot learns to use the Terrain to mitigate their range advantage, so you can force them into your own effective range.

Only a complete moron tries to trade with Clanners at range. Unless they're doing it as a feint to keep their attention while teammates close in on the flanks, or head in low on maps with verticality.

I mean, I'd love to always get River City or Crimson Strait, which heavily favor IS mechs thanks to all the buildings around, but I learned to adapt.

Edited by Arkhangel, 28 June 2021 - 12:30 AM.

#197 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:26 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 28 June 2021 - 12:22 AM, said:

I do find it funny someone was basing IS Omnis, when in reality most of them are actually pretty solid mechs.

Course, most of those idiots are freaking out about their hardwired XLs, and forget that IS Omnis in general tends to be pretty damn well armored AND mobile, I.E. the Avatar or Sunder.

Not to mention most of them are incredibly well armed for their size too. Mean, hell, look at the aforementioned Raptor. How many 25 tonners do you know that can run over 110kph, carry a pair of large lasers and have no overheating problems due to firing them constantly?

Also, Rizzi?

There's a massive difference between Theoretical DPS on paper, and actually causing damage on the field.

I love IS mechs, but Clans outperform us DPS wise simply for the fact their Damage APPLICATION is better than ours, which is why any halfways competent IS pilot learns to use the Terrain to mitigate their range advantage, so you can force them into your own effective range.

Only a complete moron tries to trade with Clanners at range. Unless they're doing it as a feint to keep their attention while teammates close in on the flanks, or head in low on maps with verticality.

I mean, I'd love to always get River City or Crimson Strait, which heavily favor IS mechs thanks to all the buildings around, but I learned to adapt.

Hi there big thanks for this comment, it is not the theoretical part here, i have seen the theoretical to much in factionplay, and yes i tried the IS side although, i like to see what the other side can bring against me and how it works in practice( yes i´m a bad IS Pilot) that is why i´m telling the actual balancing is not going well, for sure some mechs feel better now, but the difference between Clan and IS side is too big, and getting worser (this is my Opinion, no need to blame my Clanmembers). For sure i´m a Clanfanboy(from Tabletop, TCG and every Mechwarriorgame including Mechcomander and the Books for sure). Yes you found me mostly in CW, but i try out new builds in QP too, some of the theoreticle builds won´t get out of Testinggrounds because not my playstyle. I have seen and played theese builds, and i can prof that i do alot more dmg in IS mechs as in Clanmechs (eaven that i´m a bad IS pilot)

#198 Detoxication

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 28 June 2021 - 04:36 AM

hello.

i wonder when the server pick button will work properly.

#199 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:24 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 22 June 2021 - 01:04 AM, said:

It helps it by giving some of its lost punch back... your calculation falls apart the moment you lift your finger off the trigger. In a realistic case, you are not holding down trigger, for 40 seconds with no delay, loss of lock and/or any other interruptions. Due to that any dps-based advantage just goes away as simple as that.

Exactly what streak-users tried to warn when the original nerf was first proposed. They're not capable of being DPS weapons for all the reasons you just described (unless you get a 1000% missile cooldown, as in theb33f's PTS video from a few years ago).

#200 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 01 July 2021 - 03:30 AM

View PostGrus, on 22 June 2021 - 06:07 AM, said:

I'm more excited about the yaw angles.. my Dire can look left and right now? And can use corners even better?

YES!

Yeah, that's my favorite part of the patch, too. For Dires, and for my Kodiaks, last patch. 60 degrees just completely obliterates any ability to duel, and forces the 'mech into a range-trader.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users