#141 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:23 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 26 February 2022 - 10:49 AM, said:

I think it's clear from what has been said in the past that MWO development is dead because it's not profitable. It hasn't been profitable for years. PGI put all their resources into developing MW5 and now that appears to be done and over with. Phil says in his video () that EG7 is using PGI to work on two games. I have to assume all talent that was working on MW5 has been reallocated to those games. And when that's over, they'll work on whatever other games EG7 assigns them next. EG7 tells them what to do now. At this point, no amount of investment into MWO would make financial sense anyway. The game is about a decade old, doesn't run the greatest on hardware, and has a small player pool. Most players have already bought all the content they've ever wanted to. Many have hundreds of mechs. The novelty wore off long ago. Even if they dumped significant resources into MWO, it's unlikely they would ever gain it back financially. So therefore it is dead.
The MWO flex team is nothing more than a spare couple of hours here or there that the engineers or developers might have in between other obligations. The reason they can't commit to anything is because those resources are not promised. They're not even committed to complete a project for MWO that they might start working on. That's how low priority MWO is to EG7 and PGI given their staffing and resources. I would guess they will not try to renew the license from Microsoft in 4 years and MWO will shut down thereafter.

Its not profitable because they don't do anything, its like a double edged sword, the less you do the less you make in profits..

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 March 2022 - 06:22 AM, said:

It’s a Crusader.

Its an Urbanmech IIC and don't you forget it!!!

Edited by Nomad Tech, 01 March 2022 - 06:24 AM.

#142 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:25 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 March 2022 - 06:22 AM, said:

It’s a Crusader.

What makes you believe so in terms of visual "landmarks"?

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 01 March 2022 - 06:25 AM.

#143 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 299 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 01 March 2022 - 08:58 AM

View PostNomad Tech, on 01 March 2022 - 06:23 AM, said:

Its not profitable because they don't do anything, its like a double edged sword, the less you do the less you make in profits..

Its an Urbanmech IIC and don't you forget it!!!

SO MUCH OF THIS......

Wow is almost 20 years old and still going. you want to know why? ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
SWTOR 10 years old and still going you want to know why? ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
Champions online is 13 years old and still going. you want to know why? ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT

get the picture PGI?

you do work.... you get money.... you make profit.... get the picture?

its not rocket science

#144 Utter Chaos

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 09:00 AM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 28 February 2022 - 12:40 PM, said:

Hey Matt and team, thanks for the roadmap and engaging with the community. Although I'd love to see more I understand you guys are a tiny team, owned by a smaller company who has other IP's. I think the nay-sayers have forgot there are much bigger companies that completely abandon IP's, bench them, stop updates, shut down servers etc. Thanks for sticking with us whinners. Take our whining as sign this IP still has life in it and a good community that still wants to support it.

Can you please comment on the MMMS (Make My Mech Special) idea a few people have been floating around? Obviously you guys have the ability to change chassis to allow them to be 30% bonus (i.e. the Platinum collections). I highly doubt it takes much programing. You are talking about a very minimal impact on your staff to do this and potentially a lot of money for the game to move things along. I bet you anything if you allowed a $20 for a pack of say 4 "unlocks" of "MMMS" you'd sell these like hotcakes. You'd literally have to do nothing but change some programming, no new mechs to design, just allowing us to take out our favorites with a 30% bonus. I've talked with the people I play with, we spent a good hour or two talking about this and everyone said they buy if it ever came up. I've mentioned in game QP plenty of times and most people loved the idea. I'm serious here, this could be a good money maker for you, take our money, please?!

Yes please I'd be all over this.

#145 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 10:57 AM

Keeping (S) mechs as those with a special exclusive skin (can't be purchased with MC or cbills) is a design feature of the game. It's also equivalent to a 87.5% discount on all the collectors mech packs that lock a single (S) variant. For a game with such a low pop, selling stuff for next to nothing is also a death sentence.

At least from the fact they're not discounting packs that much, they're not ready for 90% discounts yet.

Edited by Nightbird, 01 March 2022 - 10:59 AM.

#146 JOATMON Incorporated

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 90 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 March 2022 - 11:25 AM

Ok, a few things.

1. I feel like the roadmap in its current iteration was a bit of a letdown. PGI, please consider putting out a revised one including some of these other items that are not certain, but being worked. Please flag those uncertain items as such.

2. Please take a long hard look at how the S Special mechs are made available. Specifically which mechs are available as S grades. Events like Bundles of Joy,Love,Luck etc are a great opportunity to bring out new and older S grade mechs. You know what isn't nearly as great for these events? Hero Mechs! Because you can just buy hero mechs at any time in game, or wait till they go on sale in game and then buy them. Hero mechs are an issue of cost effectiveness not availability.
Meanwhile there are a LOT of existing S grades that are just straight up impossible to get for a player unless you just happened to be around at the right time at the right year to buy them. For day 1 veterans that isn't an issue, but for newer players, there are tons of mechs they just can't get as an S version no matter how much they want it.
I love what you tried to do with the platinum packs. Please bring back older S grades via something similar maybe via a Silver pack. I will also say to anyone claiming that putting out such packs as being unfair to folks who bought earlier packs, You have had how long to enjoy them now? 10 years for founders so far. with probably another 3 to go. Putting the same mechs out again now as packs out now with a likely life span of 3 years would not be unreasonable, also the original paint jobs would be different than bunch of new silver mechs.

3. The Make My Mech Special (MMMS) proposal is very interesting and I fully support it. As a means to enable it, would it be possible to introduce a sort of single shot hanging 20% Cbill mod, and a single shot standing 20% cbill mod that are unable to be placed into any Hero Champion or Special mechs? Once placed they would unable to be moved. This would allow us the coveted max 40% C Bill gain without requiring any new mechs.

4. Annual Reward program needs a total overhaul. Your actual gifts, ie holiday gifts have always been greatly appreciated! Thank you greatly for those! In regards to the annual rewards, I know some people also view these as gifts. But your title of Annual Rewards along with the requirements of purchases places this much more firmly in the category of a Frequent Flyers program. It is time to formally treat it as such. People need to know what is expected to qualify and for what they are qualifying before they are doing any purchases. A simple system of Total Spent equals Total End of Year Points, which players can then use to buy New and Old end of year mechs or other things (S mechs, heros, mech bays etc) would be a much more predictable and sustainable system.

If you don't see the importance of this, let me tell you a little story here. I had a MWO account that I started several years ago. In late 2020, early 2021 I was finally able to bring two good friends into the game. One friend loves dervishes and catapults, the other loves the direwolf. They both got involved with the game but both put up sizable investments for it. Case in point, the direwolf pilot owns almost all the hero mechs, and definitely owns every single color you have in the game. Well we found out about the end of year awards while looking through the profile pages on the website, and did a bit of google work and decided that since the 3 of played together all the time, we wanted to get a fun 85 ton mech that would support ECM, Direct fire, and LRM capability. That way all 3 of us could use the exact same chassis but have totally different loadouts but still keep our usual desired play styles. We identified the stalker 3FB as the best candidate. We looked at the annual rewards to see what was required to acquire it and then over the course of the year proceeded to acquire all the requirements for it. We had it fully unlocked for two of us, and the two of us were then helping the third friend make her progress for it as well via gifting. As you can imagine there was bit of surprise when this last years annual rewards were announced. We were happy that new variants were added to the games ecosystem, but our project and planning was completely in shambles. To say this was a hit to the unit morale would be a bit of an understatement. If PGI needs to confirm this, they can go check time played as well as additional purchase rates for our unit members pre and post annual awards.

#147 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 01 March 2022 - 12:31 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 01 March 2022 - 05:37 AM, said:

Unfortunately, based on the way the game refuses to log in during updates when the servers go offline, I'm inclined to say that when PGI switches the lights off, that'll be it.

Unfortunately, a MW4 style FFA is exactly what everyone expected out of Solaris, but for some reason "that can't be done in Cry3". Nobody's really given a great explanation why.

last was im heard about it ...the modified Engine supports (now?) only 2 Teams , not more like MW4 or have not the Programmer for it since 2016, like for Knock Down and Feet/Leg IK(like in MW4)

#148 Big Jeka

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Zaporozhye

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:45 PM

No russian MWO server - please help stop russian aggression in Ukraine!

#149 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:51 PM

I wanted some FP updates. Roadmap.....Roadkill

#150 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 01 March 2022 - 01:57 PM

I noticed they sprinkled in some TBDs to give us an idea of when we might hear about things, I appreciate that.

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 01 March 2022 - 06:25 AM, said:

What makes you believe so in terms of visual "landmarks"?

Chonky arms, back shoulder things, general shape, the fact that for some reason a ton of people want it in game.... just a feeling. A disturbance in the force if you will.

#151 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 02:44 PM

I have updated the Roadmap and the Post along with the 2020 -21 Development Retrospective for some thing to compare against.

#152 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 March 2022 - 04:27 PM

Hi Matt, many thanks for further fleshing out this MWO 2022 Roadmap for us!

Oh boy, so where is that Mystery Mech Chassis Easter Egg? It's gone! :(

View PostMatt Newman, on 01 March 2022 - 02:44 PM, said:

I have updated the Roadmap and the Post along with the 2020 -21 Development Retrospective for some thing to compare against.

#153 Artemis Khaine

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 07:32 PM

This is not a road map, it is a gps re-routing accedient. ... And now the saddness begins ... Posted Image

#154 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 01 March 2022 - 09:26 PM

I say this: if possible, make a full pack:

IS: Thug and Crusader
Clan: Phoenix Hawk IIC and Shadow Hawk IIC/or Griffin IIC (either one is fine).

#155 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 01 March 2022 - 09:47 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 25 February 2022 - 11:34 PM, said:

Just a few notes,

Mechs - We will be delivering more mechs/variants than are on the road map. However, I don't have exact delivery dates as of now. so they are not on the road map. The road map will be updated when I have delivery dates. Mark N and others are very busy and we want to continue to deliver mechs that you guys enjoy! (We also want to make sure the Annual Rewards Program returns to its former glory)...

I'm really liking that you have continued placing Elementals on OmniMechs with the Warden then Bloodname booster packs. I haven't bought much in the past few years, but I was excited to buy the Warden pack when it came out and procrastination is the only thing keeping me from buying the Bloodname pack. If I may suggest a couple things for 2022 in the department of 'Mechs, they would be:

1) Keep doing this. I would love to have the opportunity to get Elementals on some of my other favorite Omnis: Stormcrow, Black Lanner, Night Gyr, Cougar...

2) Consider making Elemental bolt-ons available for other configurations of the OmniMech once the booster pack is bought. For example: since I have the Warden booster pack, I could take my Elementals off my TBR-BH and put them on my TBR-C or PRIME or whatever.

A bonus to doing this would be that if the Elementals are interchangeable between OmniMech configurations you could put them on sale in the Bolt-On Store for 500-1000MC and allow players to buy as many as they want. Sure, players could buy the Elemental bolt-ons with MC, but if they buy the Booster Packs then they get twice as many bolt-ons plus 'Mechs to put them on and Mech Bays, so the Boost Packs could still be worth buying.

Just a suggestion. Honestly, if before the end of the year I get a Stormcrow w/ ECM in the CT + Elemental booster pack and drops whenever I want, I would be a happy Falcon.

#156 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 11:04 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 March 2022 - 01:57 PM, said:

I noticed they sprinkled in some TBDs to give us an idea of when we might hear about things, I appreciate that.

Chonky arms, back shoulder things, general shape, the fact that for some reason a ton of people want it in game.... just a feeling. A disturbance in the force if you will.

Ye, the "force's" whispers made my hairs tickle just yesterday. Call me impressed, gonna be a certain reminiscence-buy from my side.

#157 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 02 March 2022 - 04:51 AM

Regarding the Roadmap, I have an suggestion.

Please add the button for it in top bar, ok?

Thanks.Posted Image

#158 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 02 March 2022 - 04:57 AM

This post is TBD

Edited by -P U R E-, 02 March 2022 - 04:57 AM.

#159 McLaine

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 March 2022 - 08:42 AM

yeah, can we get this thread pinned?

#160 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 March 2022 - 08:51 AM

+1

Please help to "Pin/Stick" this thread !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users