#181 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 04 March 2022 - 06:00 AM

TBD is a road map? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL in dec they said check back in march... in march it is TBD... glad I left this game.. I keep checking for anything new... apparently nothing new this year either lol.

#182 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 04 March 2022 - 06:38 AM

View PostTenchuu, on 03 March 2022 - 07:17 PM, said:

Please, for the love of all that's good and holy, make a scaling UI a thing. I literally have to lean in and squint to read anything in the mech bay at 1440 and I have been for several years. And there's still a bug where the weapon assignments will show up on top of other screens if you change from it to them.

1000% this. If any resources can be allotted to this, finite as resources might be, it would be effing amazing!

#183 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 10:48 AM

[redacted]

View PostTenchuu, on 03 March 2022 - 07:17 PM, said:

Please, for the love of all that's good and holy, make a scaling UI a thing. I literally have to lean in and squint to read anything in the mech bay at 1440 and I have been for several years. And there's still a bug where the weapon assignments will show up on top of other screens if you change from it to them.

View PostNeutron IX, on 04 March 2022 - 06:38 AM, said:

1000% this. If any resources can be allotted to this, finite as resources might be, it would be effing amazing!

What kind of monitor are you guys using ?!

IMHO 2560x1440 @ 27 inch should work just fine! Posted Image

View Postcodynyc, on 04 March 2022 - 06:00 AM, said:

TBD is a road map? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL in dec they said check back in march... in march it is TBD... glad I left this game.. I keep checking for anything new... apparently nothing new this year either lol.

Then stay away please! Posted Image

Edited by Armchair General, 06 March 2022 - 12:28 AM.
Post cleanup

#184 Sham rock

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 03:24 PM

Do people with St Patrick's Day theme get extra discount on the sale March 22nd? ;) Like names Sham Rock (me) or Leprechaun? Posted Image

#185 MookieDog

• PipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 04 March 2022 - 05:38 PM

This is honestly a joke. I really liked supporting MWO but this road map is a slap in the face. Guess I finally have to face the music like most have and realize its time. If the time and resources aren't there then its time to close the wallet.

A "flex" team. Please call a spade a spade.

The two "dudes" who get to toy around with MWO sometime. "Hey we are really busy". Ok that line of ******** worked of like maybe five years ago before MWO was put into maintenance mode. Just come out and say it and stop leading everyone on Matt and Daeron, your main focus isn't MWO, its whatever project the PGI's parent company has you on.

Don't think we will forget: "Hey everyone when MW5 DLC's are done we will get some of our dev's back." What did we get? Hey I am going to fix PPC's and totally screw over the community. What followed after the PPC screw up, hey by the way now that the train wreck of MW5 is done, all of the devs are now going to Lord of the Rings Online. Wow! The whole MWO community just got ****** by Froto and Sam.

You two could not even do, no failed to make, even one short five to ten minute video and post it per month, let alone two videos which is what you put out to the community back in Jan of 2021.

So what do we get finally in March? We get a cut-copy-paste of last years road map with a heck of a lot less on it.

So here is the bottom line. I spend money on your game. Yup sure do. I give away codes on Twitch. I support streamers. But I have to finally take a step back and see that my return on MWO is not looking too good right now. Lack of information, lack of transparency, and lack of resources.

No word what so ever on the rescale.

The only advice was from the "Cauldron" i.e. the Comp players. Ya I do look at peoples unit tags. I am not digging on the Cauldron but they were the most vocal getting the changes done for MWO. After the weapons and the mobility changes: radio silence. Thanks guys...bye.

Matt and Daeron, what all is going on? After looking at the road map for this year /giant wet inhale.... you both seem to be "pulling a Russ" and trying your best to kill MWO.

What ever Russ managed to wheeze out about a big surprise, just not believing it. I do not think that even the Crusader will save MWO or spark any interest. Sure people will buy mech packs for nostalgia but its not going to make people come back or attract a horde of new players. Just remembering how screwed over this community has been over and over and over again. Remember when you said to "trust you guys"? I do and it's just about gone.

The last thing I want to see is Russ get involved and the big surprise is: A new skill shrub! YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT!

Sorry guys. Until I see some vast improvement: No more funds to MWO.

Edited by MookieDog, 04 March 2022 - 05:42 PM.

#186 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 March 2022 - 01:56 AM

My only request for this year:
1. Fix the match-maker and publicly disclose how it works.

Without doing this it will be nearly impossible to grow the player base. As a tier 1 player I cannot drop with lower tier lance mates or cadets without our team getting stomped. I cannot grow my community in the way I want because of this.

As a technical person myself, I can say with certainty this is not a difficult problem to solve. Perhaps a consultant could be brought in to do it. I am willing to volunteer my own services to do it or offer advice/suggestions during the process for free.

Here is my proposal again:

https://mwomercs.com...he-match-maker/

If the match-maker doesn't get fixed my community and surely many others will likely disappear very soon.

Edited by Titan Prometheus, 05 March 2022 - 11:45 PM.

#187 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 05 March 2022 - 07:57 PM

Roadmap to nowhere.

It was over the moment Russ said that MWO5 was the future of the game in May 2019.

Flashback:

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 05 March 2022 - 08:12 PM.

#188 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 06 March 2022 - 12:38 AM

View PostTitan Prometheus, on 05 March 2022 - 01:56 AM, said:

Without doing this it will be nearly impossible to grow the player base. As a tier 1 player I cannot drop with lower tier lance mates or cadets without our team getting stomped. I cannot grow my community in the way I want because of this.

I 100% agree with this! I tried to get friends to join the game several times only for them to get totally destroyed by cresting a hill or peaking around a corner. It left them discouraged and frustrated.Short of tanking my PSR to a much lower tier I have only one other way to play with people that do want to play the and actually have fun and grow as players.

Edited by Araciel, 06 March 2022 - 12:38 AM.

#189 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 11:51 AM

As a technical person myself, I can say with certainty this is not a difficult problem to solve. Perhaps a consultant could be brought in to do it. I am willing to volunteer my own services to do it or offer advice/suggestions during the process for free.

If the match-maker doesn't get fixed my community and surely many others will likely disappear very soon.

View PostAraciel, on 06 March 2022 - 12:38 AM, said:

I 100% agree with this! I tried to get friends to join the game several times only for them to get totally destroyed by cresting a hill or peaking around a corner. It left them discouraged and frustrated.Short of tanking my PSR to a much lower tier I have only one other way to play with people that do want to play the and actually have fun and grow as players.

How about PGI just let solo players drop against only solo players and groups drop only against groups. At least solo players will get their drops more or less suited for their tier. Letting groups in solo queue is cancer.

#190 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 06 March 2022 - 11:56 AM

PGi search many yeras talented Guys for MWO and the Cry3 Engine ,after lost off all Senior Techs and near teh complete Technical crew.Thats the Problem with CEO`s without own big Know How and a Yes sayer Staff ...whe one Guy with Know How say-its unrealistic ,so im searching for a other guys thats fullfill my unrealistic Dreams
Sadley no Guys on the Jobmarket tahts will work and fight with PGIs heavy modified Engine and so no new Crew for MWO , and only a Talented UE4 Crew for MW5 (a Singleplayer MW Game was from begin Russ bullocks true Wish) and this Crew now recruited from EG 7 for her Projects ,and not have now the Time to learn the Cry 3 Secrets and Traps.After the maintance mode is now the -we hold it to life so long Eg7 says ok- era is coming,and thats the last MW game from PGI im thinking..with MWO im Thinking dies the PGI Studio...its over.

How about PGI just let solo players drop against only solo players and groups drop only against groups. At least solo players will get their drops more or less suited for their tier. Letting groups in solo queue is cancer.

Its not the Groups ,its a new Player generation thats will autowin/easykill functions without spend Time for learning ,and this Playerbase fast by better games with better grafics and more easy gameplay.
Drive away all Guys thats spend time in the Game, and have the Will to trained new players and the Game a little faster Dead ...a Battle without Veterans and only with bloody Kids and Recruits is lost before the first Shoot.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 06 March 2022 - 12:26 PM.

#191 NotSoDeadpool15

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 02:31 PM

Can't you just make a new account? That's what I do when I wish to get someone into the game the only hard part about that is the tutorial is the worst for this game but it's mandatory for some insane reason

#192 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 06 March 2022 - 02:34 PM

MWO Tutorial upon completion should give new player a FREE mech to start off with.

Now that there are monthly free mechs anyways, so Tutorial gifting a free mech to new player is OK,
instead of forcing them to play Trial Champion mechs with paper-thin armor!

View PostNotSoDeadpool15, on 06 March 2022 - 02:31 PM, said:

Can't you just make a new account? That's what I do when I wish to get someone into the game the only hard part about that is the tutorial is the worst for this game but it's mandatory for some insane reason

#193 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2022 - 02:39 PM

View Postw0qj, on 06 March 2022 - 02:34 PM, said:

Now that there are monthly free mechs anyways, so Tutorial gifting a free mech to new player is OK,
instead of forcing them to play Trial Champion mechs with paper-thin armor!
Points to the AMS Nova.
It has been given out before, as a freebie for accepting PGI's updated Terms of Service (when GDPR went into effect), wouldn't hurt to make lower tiers less of a lurmfest than they usually are either.

Edited by Horseman, 07 March 2022 - 05:43 AM.

#194 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 07:32 PM

No, why should I have to maintain two accounts? I don't have unlimited time or money.

And besides me masquerading as a T3-5 player is seal clubbing.

#195 P H O T O N

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 07:35 PM

View PostDangerousOne, on 06 March 2022 - 11:51 AM, said:

Group dropping is part of the game and should be encouraged not segregated into its own queue. The game should show who is in a group however. If solo dropping and group dropping were kept separate I think both would suffer.

The match-maker should just work.

#196 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 06 March 2022 - 11:22 PM

why do people play a teamplay game where there is only PvP ,if they do not want to play with others and actually do not like PvP and also do not want to submit to the rules???????
and if you enter a game only after years, where it is actually dead, you should not be surprised that all already have more experience ... who comes too late, the life punishes when there is no league mode,No Lobbysystem, no respawn, no PvE in a game..MWO was never a very good game ,and was after 17 Years of PGI and Minimal Games like Marine Snipers the first own modern Game thats the Guys make.

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 06 March 2022 - 11:28 PM.

#197 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 March 2022 - 04:42 AM

View PostLionheart2012, on 28 February 2022 - 06:42 PM, said:

Got any suggestions that don't require rebuilding the game from the ground up?

Looks like a phoenix hawk to me....

Technically you are right its an Armored Phoenix Hawk..

But to me its an Urbanmech IIC

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 06 March 2022 - 11:22 PM, said:

why do people play a teamplay game where there is only PvP ,if they do not want to play with others and actually do not like PvP and also do not want to submit to the rules???????
and if you enter a game only after years, where it is actually dead, you should not be surprised that all already have more experience ... who comes too late, the life punishes when there is no league mode,No Lobbysystem, no respawn, no PvE in a game..MWO was never a very good game ,and was after 17 Years of PGI and Minimal Games like Marine Snipers the first own modern Game thats the Guys make.

Easy Answer, Because its the only online Battletech game that updates regularly. If this game was a generic mecha game i'd not even be interested, i'm only here because its Battletech.

Edited by Nomad Tech, 07 March 2022 - 04:46 AM.

#198 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 March 2022 - 05:23 AM

I 100% agree with the above.

#199 The Helepolis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 09:05 AM

Wow, its a road to nowhere.
Under no circumstances would have I imagined it this underwhelming.
PGI if you're keen on just letting this game waste away, please sell the IP off to someone who cares.

I thought Mechwarrior 5 was a decent win, it was iffy here and there but overall I had a positive feeling about it. MWO has needed some serious overhauls and there's nothing here. It feels insulting to the content creators and passionate community that have supported you this long. The fact the announcement was seeming one laced with excitement is tone deaf.

#200 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 10:56 AM

the only hard part about that is the tutorial is the worst for this game but it's mandatory for some insane reason

Since when ?!

And why do people still play so crap after completing it ?!

I know this game has a steep learning curve compared to many other games, but things like :
- Spotting
- Scanning
- Checking your Minimap
- Reasonable aim

Are not really MWO specific and people still fail at those things... Posted Image

View PostThe Helepolis, on 07 March 2022 - 09:05 AM, said:

Please sell the IP off to someone who cares.

I hope either that happens or the game will be donated to the community/made opensource one day! Posted Image

I thought Mechwarrior 5 was a decent win, it was iffy here and there but overall I had a positive feeling about it.

If I am really honest purely based on the footage seen on the internet :

It's a much poorer version of MWO while it could have been what MWO should have been at some point : A more advanced version of MWO !!! Posted Image

For example :

Why is the Hud View of your Mech so simple compared to the MWO version ?!
Why isn't the actual mech shown there in it's full glory ?!

That kind of stuff makes me really sad in a lot of games : Simply a lack of imagination! Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 07 March 2022 - 10:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users