• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 March 2022 - 08:26 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 March 2022 - 06:25 AM, said:

"everyone who calls me out when I lie is an alt account"

I have not lied about anything, the lights i spoke about earlier are borderline cheat mechs, why do you think they are so popular with folks like you, i kill them as i can especially if i'm in a mech designed to wipe them out.. but they are so fast even then they can get away 90% of the time with minor damage..

Hit reg cannot keep up with their speeds and the damage is far too high for such a small mech.. underwater they are impossible to hit as they are below the surface.. also 90% of you people run stealth to break them even more.

So many reasons they need nerfs but obviously you have a stake in trying to spread misinformation as you run the broken things.. Play something that needs talent occasionally and stop padding your stats with broken mechs.

Edited by Nomad Tech, 14 March 2022 - 08:27 PM.

#64 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 14 March 2022 - 09:48 PM

View PostNomad Tech, on 14 March 2022 - 08:26 PM, said:

I have not lied about anything,...

Not particularly. You have presented your opinions as objective fact, though. It's an easy thing to fall into doing. I agree that the accusation of lying is a step too far.

All that said, have you ever actually tried playing one of these mechs that you say are overpowered?

#65 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 March 2022 - 04:32 AM

Just shoot the light.

#66 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 05:15 AM

One furthermore has to keep screwed up hitboxes in mind, that - even with a little wiggle of twisting - can lead to receiving lethal backshots here n there.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 15 March 2022 - 05:16 AM.

#67 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,819 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 March 2022 - 05:20 AM

I have not lied about anything, the lights i spoke about earlier are borderline cheat mechs, why do you think they are so popular with folks like you, i kill them as i can especially if i'm in a mech designed to wipe them out.. but they are so fast even then they can get away 90% of the time with minor damage..

Hit reg cannot keep up with their speeds and the damage is far too high for such a small mech.. underwater they are impossible to hit as they are below the surface.. also 90% of you people run stealth to break them even more.

You do realize that 4 out of the 7 mechs you mentioned as overpowered cannot run stealth armor, yes? Perhaps pick a less hyperbolic number than "90 percent".

And in another thread, you expressed a clear preference for hitscan lasers over other weapons. I'd like to point out, as someone tried to in that thread as well, that washing a target with lasers is the least efficient way to kill it since it spreads damage over multiple armor locations, especially a light mech who will not do you the service of standing still. This may also be the reason that you think hit reg is as much of a problem as you state... weapons with a beam duration are literally the worst weapon against fast moving small targets.

#68 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 15 March 2022 - 05:46 AM

So many reasons they need nerfs but obviously you have a stake in trying to spread misinformation as you run the broken things.. Play something that needs talent occasionally and stop padding your stats with broken mechs.

Ok, you want to know what is popular in online pvp games? The most "op stuff". What is op? Things which are easy to use and kill targets quickly.

Now, let's have a look at quickplay. What classes are most common there? Assaults and heavies.

So, please explain to us why the mwo these super op mechs, the light mech class, is hardly used compared to other classes.

Edited by Weeny Machine, 15 March 2022 - 01:44 PM.

#69 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 07:37 AM

View PostWeeny Machine, on 15 March 2022 - 05:46 AM, said:

So, please explain to us why the mwo these super op mechs, the light mech class, is hardly used compared to other classes.

It’s because he believes himself to be an incredible pilot but can’t hit the lights, so in order to resolve the cognitive dissonance here he decides they must be OP. it’s the “No, it’s the children that are wrong” realized in full.

#70 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 08:32 AM

Fun fact light mechs are not popular, not even ones you listed.

Hit reg cannot keep up with their speeds

It's just YOU thing that cannot keep up with those speeds or maybe you got bad internet.
Not really our/mechs/games fault... all mechs die just fine if you just shoot them.

and the damage is far too high for such a small mech..

Your heavies and assaults has higher damage, so?
1 mech = 1 player and everything should be viable.
There is only 1 real objective in this game, eliminate opposing team... each mech have to be able to do that or they are obsolete....

underwater they are impossible to hit as they are below the surface..

A ) Would you like to list how many maps got that deep water that even flea, locust or piranha can hide there?
B ) Why in the name of Zeus arse are in you standing in that deep water that you know piranha is gonna come and bite your balls off if you go there?

also 90% of you people run stealth to break them even more.

I don't run anything under 55 tons with stealth (unless you talk about narc Raven or Commando), useless feces. I'm here to kill enemy mechs not hide from them.

Onlyone spreading misinformation is you, light mechs are not broken, your aim or internet connection is.
Clearly because they are broken they got highest average matchscore or KD or Win ratio... oh wait lights are worst class in all of those...
Assign me any chassis and lets do some Solaris 1v1?

#71 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 08:52 AM

I have not lied about anything, the lights i spoke about earlier are borderline cheat mechs

You keep repeating that light 'Mechs are "cheat 'Mechs", without providing any proof of cheating.

Please note that even if some light 'Mech pilot bests you in combat, that does not mean that he is "cheating".

why do you think they are so popular with folks like you

What stats showing the popularity of various types of light 'Mechs in QP do you have? I am especially interested in your stats showing the use of various types of light 'Mechs by various players.

Could you post those stats, please?

i kill them as i can especially if i'm in a mech designed to wipe them out.. but they are so fast even then they can get away 90% of the time with minor damage..

Have you considered the possibility that your gunnery skills, 'Mech building skills and tactical skills may be lacking?

Hit reg cannot keep up with their speeds and the damage is far too high for such a small mech..

My experience seems to show that many higher Tiers players can hit light 'Mechs quite reliably.

As for the damage output, the typical firepower of many light 'Mechs often is approximately 30 points (sometimes more, sometimes less, of course) ... in the game where heavier 'Mechs do 50-60 points without big problems and often even more.

underwater they are impossible to hit as they are below the surface..

Name a map with the water so deep that those "cheating" light 'Mechs can hide below the surface, please.

also 90% of you people run stealth to break them even more.

MWO offers 20 light 'Mech types with approximately 120 variants.

Just 8 variants can carry Stealth armor.

Of those 8 Stealth variants, 3 'Mechs are behind the paywall. Just five 'Mechs are available for C-Bills. Naturally, not all light 'Mechs that have the option to equip Stealth armor always carry it in the game.

So much for the horrible threat of Stealth light 'Mechs in MWO ...

So many reasons they need nerfs but obviously you have a stake in trying to spread misinformation as you run the broken things.

I dare to guess that your primary reason for the nerf of light 'Mech is that you can not hit them.

Play something that needs talent occasionally and stop padding your stats with broken mechs.

Considering that light 'Mech class has the lowest average MS, taking the light 'Mech is the worst thing that an average player can do if he wishes to pad his stats.

#72 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 09:06 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 March 2022 - 08:52 AM, said:

Name a map with the water so deep that those "cheating" light 'Mechs can hide below the surface, please.

I don't agree with Nomad at all, but I can think of one map in which at least some of the water is so deep that at least some light 'Mechs appear to be completely submerged. River City.

I had this experience last month, think it happened on the Conquest gametype. I don't remember if my opponent had stealth armor, or if I could even tell at the time, but eyeballing 'em was virtually impossible for me to do. I'm pretty sure it was some variant of Locust; probably a Pirate's Bane, like it usually seems to be whenever a Locust is deployed in my recent experience. I was in a Dire Wolf C.

I don't remember if I survived that match, but if I did, I lost a lot of equipment doing it. I'm fairly certain I never actually saw that Locust, or whatever it was, even though it was biting me in the rear.

Now, maybe there is no 'Mech that comes out 100% submerged even on River City, but there certainly seems to be some lights that can hide just enough of themselves that someone like me, who is not nearly practiced enough in recognizing and acting on such scant visual data in most video games, might miss them completely even when they're actively looking for them.

#73 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 15 March 2022 - 10:03 AM

View PostAkamia Terizen, on 15 March 2022 - 09:06 AM, said:

I don't agree with Nomad at all, but I can think of one map in which at least some of the water is so deep that at least some light 'Mechs appear to be completely submerged. River City.

I had this experience last month, think it happened on the Conquest gametype. I don't remember if my opponent had stealth armor, or if I could even tell at the time, but eyeballing 'em was virtually impossible for me to do. I'm pretty sure it was some variant of Locust; probably a Pirate's Bane, like it usually seems to be whenever a Locust is deployed in my recent experience. I was in a Dire Wolf C.

I don't remember if I survived that match, but if I did, I lost a lot of equipment doing it. I'm fairly certain I never actually saw that Locust, or whatever it was, even though it was biting me in the rear.

Now, maybe there is no 'Mech that comes out 100% submerged even on River City, but there certainly seems to be some lights that can hide just enough of themselves that someone like me, who is not nearly practiced enough in recognizing and acting on such scant visual data in most video games, might miss them completely even when they're actively looking for them.

There is River City (but just a part of it, where the water is deeper) and Forest Colony (alas, there is hardly fighting in this region. In the classic version it happens now and then). The point is, though: these occurences are so rare that they are negligible.

And if someone brings this up as a reason for lights being op...well, let's say then that person is desperate

Edited by Weeny Machine, 15 March 2022 - 10:11 AM.

#74 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 10:26 AM

View PostAkamia Terizen, on 15 March 2022 - 09:06 AM, said:

I am not saying that there can not be some deeper places, but generally speaking, it does not seem too bad.

Posted Image

The important rule in such situations is " Don't panic!" Posted Image

Launch UAV or look for laser beams or put your back against the wall and check the seismic sensor.

#75 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 12:02 PM

Ah yeah, the guy I fought definitely was not that high above water. It was probably a Flea then; I remember specifically that it was not a Piranha, or if it was, it was a very unconventional build for one. Point is, I literally could not see them. My teammates at the time were giving me grief over it. lol

But yeah, even then, this is not evidence that lights are OP.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 15 March 2022 - 12:07 PM.

#76 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 12:29 PM

It's basically one weird thing of questionable effectiveness that only a few lights can pull off on one or two maps. But what probably happened is that Nomad missed a light once, saw it was in deep water, and decided that he WOULD have hit it if not for the evil cheating light pilot exploiting a game-breaking bug

#77 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 15 March 2022 - 12:41 PM

I have not lied about anything,

Then im sure the rest of your post will be objective truth.

the lights i spoke about earlier are borderline cheat mechs,

Opinion being presented as fact.

why do you think they are so popular with folks like you,

A loosely veiled insult.

i kill them as i can especially if i'm in a mech designed to wipe them out.. but they are so fast even then they can get away 90% of the time with minor damage..

A lie.

A lie.

A lie.

#78 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2022 - 01:14 PM

just shoot the light

#79 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 06:27 AM

ffs. just run em for a month and SHOW us just how broken they are. should be easy, right? but you won't, because "reasons".
by now I think everybody who visits the forum every now and then just sees EXACTLY where you stand and what you're doing here.
just because YOU personally have a problem with lights doesn't mean they ARE a problem; it just shows that you're unwilling to adapt (read: learn) and rather bend the (mwo-)world to your will. quite frankly: it is tiresome.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 16 March 2022 - 06:29 AM.

#80 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 04:38 PM

View PostNomad Tech, on 14 March 2022 - 06:12 AM, said:

Alt accounts huh.

sometimes i think the whole forum is just one person with a bunch of alts arguing with themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users