• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 10:56 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 28 March 2023 - 09:25 AM, said:

HOTFIX

Patch Date and Time - March 28th 2023
Version Number: v1.4.274.0

Size: 130MB

Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.

Patch Files (Direct Download) - http://patcher.mwome...ndPatch_414.zip

Greetings MechWarriors!

We deployed a hotfix today for the following:
  • Moonwalker Loadout has been slightly changed & now has Lower Arm Actuators
  • Juggernaut Quirk values have been changed
  • Moonwalker bug fix - opening appeared when removing all weapons in the RT
  • AMS Ammo (1/2) bug fix - total amount of shots was incorrectly lowered

Hello there, PGI Staff! :o
(particularly 'Matt Newman' & 'Daeron Katz' who probably have to be the ones to take a look at this)

I happened to notice that your Details for the HotFix appear to instead be giving the information of the Main 1.4.274.0 Patch to the Live Game Client and not the actual information for the HotFix itself. Is there any chance I could ask you to double-check and fix those to what they should be? As things went during my diagnostic process of the issue, I got the following information from the HotFix itself instead... ...and figured it would be a good idea to provide this before many more people end up confused as to why their MWO Portal still thinks it has to download a file before it could enter the patching process. I get it, you folks are rather work-burdened... So here is to the hope that my post is of some constructive help to you! ^_^

~D. V. "merely wants to help the 1.4.275.0 Hotfix Patch be a less-bumpy experience" Devnull

#62 SGM Rock

Rookie

• The Unstoppable
  • The Unstoppable
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEnroute

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:03 AM

I would prefer to see some consistency among the MCII's chassis. Half have LAAs and the other half do not. The geometry for the mech family would seem to suggest it doesn't need LAAs due to the lack of lower arms. If we are going to have them, then all of them should have them and they should work. It appears that the original intent was for this mech not to need them so it makes sense that they wouldn't work. I enjoyed the 5 x CAC10 for a short while before moving to the more consistent (in my opinion) 4 x CAC10, 4 x CSRM6 build. Changed my build up last night after the patch dropped and can still drop that sweet 88 point alpha which is still as effective as it was so I won't be running around with my hair on fire screaming about refunds. But that said, this is not a good look for Piranha Games, especially as they are moving forward with a major rebranding effort.

#63 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:33 AM

View PostStone Cold Sweet Potato, on 29 March 2023 - 11:03 AM, said:

I would prefer to see some consistency among the MCII's chassis. Half have LAAs and the other half do not. The geometry for the mech family would seem to suggest it doesn't need LAAs due to the lack of lower arms. If we are going to have them, then all of them should have them and they should work. It appears that the original intent was for this mech not to need them so it makes sense that they wouldn't work. I enjoyed the 5 x CAC10 for a short while before moving to the more consistent (in my opinion) 4 x CAC10, 4 x CSRM6 build. Changed my build up last night after the patch dropped and can still drop that sweet 88 point alpha which is still as effective as it was so I won't be running around with my hair on fire screaming about refunds. But that said, this is not a good look for Piranha Games, especially as they are moving forward with a major rebranding effort.

How you pulling this one off? LAA means no putting 2xAC10 in each arm.

Edited by Kodan Black, 29 March 2023 - 11:33 AM.

#64 Ronbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 50 posts
  • LocationWashtington state

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:45 AM

This is why when i get a new mech, i save the default setup for later use in case stuff like this happens and makes my build invalid. Learned it with my Highlander 732B after a patch.
On moonwalker, i went default, which was invalid, and removed a heatsink and saved. I used the default setup prior to patch during event with LPL, and did pretty good. I used the OP 5 x AC10s during QP and liked it knowing it was going to get 'fixed'. I also have a back up setup almost as powerful.
But I like the hardpoints, makes it more versatile than my other MKIIs. But i agree, figure out what has LAA and what doesnt. Since half of the MKIIs are cannon and the other are MWO, they can do whatever they want I suppose. Im sure it was to nerf it for its OP setup. my thoughts...

#65 Ronbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 11:54 AM

View PostKodan Black, on 29 March 2023 - 11:33 AM, said:

My question as well

#66 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 March 2023 - 01:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the FAQ for all mechs says they reserve the right to change the balance of the mechs at any time and for any reason. If you think something as technical in mech builds as adding or removing LAA is a bait and switch, good luck trying to prove that in court. That is going to sound like a totally insignificant change to them. Bait and switch would be if you bought a MKII but got a TBR instead and they refused to refund you or do something about it. It probably also requires proving that PGI had malicious intent. You aren't going to be able to prove that either without some kind of internal documents that say "oh yeah, we're totally going to screw people over". Give me a break. If you're not happy that your build got nerfed out the gate, ask support for a refund for the product. If you are one of those who think PGI is unfair, malicious, deceptive, etc. Why are you still here? Why didn't you leave this site long ago with the others? And why did you, knowing their "track record", supposedly, buy a Legendary mech? I don't get the vitriol here. If you don't like the change, get a refund or make a different build. Your choice. There's really no reason to get mad and throw accusations around. It really doesn't matter at what stage it became a mistake. PGI would still be well within their rights to modify the mech at any point anyway. It's far more effort for them to stop sales, remove from Steam, refund everyone who bought it (many of which may be perfectly fine keeping it), drop the patch, reopen sales, relist on Steam. Let's be real here, it's a video game.

#67 Krucilatoz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 02:36 PM

View PostSalty Mechdad, on 28 March 2023 - 11:23 PM, said:

Its already OP P2W Mech, what do you want more?

P2W? OP? no. Not for me. I've check my mech stat, it give me 1.3 W/L, slightly above average across my mech.
And winning determined by team + match-making, not individual.
Should it give me unique gameplay? yes. I paid for it. That was the only mech that give us 5xAC10 build.

Now, for me it just another madcat.
A lesson for me to read the fine-print on mech-spec before buying.

#68 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 04:34 PM

I got some experience playing on the new map. Feelings from the new map are mixed. It will not become a cult for me, but it does not cause a feeling of deep disgust either (only the eyes bleed a little because of the color scheme).
Can I ask for PGI for the future? Is it possible to get away from the classic architecture of "François maps"? I'm talking about the architecture of the type "plate" map, when the edges of the map rise above the center. Snipers sit on the edges and fish, and people on brawl builds are forced to either be fodder for snipers, or simply hide in a few backwoods places on the map and play their game role passively.

#69 DucPilot

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 04:38 PM

"Moonwalker Loadout has been slightly changed & now has Lower Arm Actuators"

-Lame

#70 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:08 PM

Ultra AC/10s occupy one less Crit Space than their LBX and Standard counterparts.

View PostKodan Black, on 29 March 2023 - 11:33 AM, said:

View PostRonbo, on 29 March 2023 - 11:54 AM, said:

My question as well

Edited by C337Skymaster, 29 March 2023 - 05:28 PM.

#71 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 05:55 PM

yep 5 x ac10 now unavilable
but 2 x uac10 + 3 x (ac1o or lbx10) still avilable

i think main problem is ac10's ghost heat

https://mwo.nav-alph...pment/ghostheat

look at ac10 ghost heat, why so low???

Suggest to
1. remove useless LAA (still arm yaw angle 0 - not working at all)
2. adjust ac10 ghost heat.

Edited by killkimno, 29 March 2023 - 06:13 PM.

#72 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:14 PM

Anyone here thinking they're going to sue a dev (and win) over a minor change to a mech is delusional.

If that's the case, then nerfs to mechs like the Night Gyr, MAD-IIC and Kodiak would have bankrupted PGI years ago. Posted Image

But also, I thought the whole point of the Legendary mechs was that they would offer a unique loadout, or at least some compelling quirks to a loadout already available on other mechs/variants? 5x AC/10 was great. A little too much DPS? Then add a small 5x ac/10 ghost heat penalty to the game, which would only affect the Moonwalker. Then the loadout loses some dps, and has to be built with max possible heat sinks. Then it can either no longer carry secondary weapons, or it will be slow and/or hot af.

At this point, PGI needs to quirk a build like the 6x uac2, 5x ac/uac 5, etc that the Moonwalker can run. This is a 'legendary' mech. Either the mech itself, or preferably one of its builds, needs to be awesome enough to demonstrate that on the battlefield, or the classification has no meaning. And no, the reverse speed quick isn't enough to do it. If you're trying to go that way with it, then you also need to make a big buff to accel,decel and hill climb, so then it could at least hill hump, peek and poke like a boss.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 29 March 2023 - 07:37 PM.

#73 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 March 2023 - 07:30 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 29 March 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

Anyone here thinking they're going to sue a dev (and win) over a minor change to a mech is delusional.

If that's the case, then nerfs to mechs like the Night Gyr, MAD-IIC and Kodiak would have bankrupted PGI years ago. Posted Image

Just goes to show that you should never give the keys to the castle to a person, because it'll be extremely hard to take them away without a extreme reaction to it, mostly negative.

#74 Ronbo

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 08:06 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 29 March 2023 - 05:08 PM, said:

Ultra AC/10s occupy one less Crit Space than their LBX and Standard counterparts.

The original post was AC10, not UAC 10s. Reread his post. And UAC10s, even 4 let alone 5 would ghost overheat a mech. Best to chainfire or in pairs

#75 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 01:41 AM

View PostKrucilatoz, on 29 March 2023 - 02:36 PM, said:

P2W? OP? no. Not for me. I've check my mech stat, it give me 1.3 W/L, slightly above average across my mech.
And winning determined by team + match-making, not individual.
Should it give me unique gameplay? yes. I paid for it. That was the only mech that give us 5xAC10 build.

Now, for me it just another madcat.
A lesson for me to read the fine-print on mech-spec before buying.

Go play dire wolf then, stop lying to yourself that the moonwalker was the only one that could do 5xAC10.

Could it do it easily? Yes. Was it the only one? No, it wasn't.

https://mwo.nav-alph...050a42b1_DWF-UV

#76 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 March 2023 - 04:36 AM

View Postkillkimno, on 29 March 2023 - 05:55 PM, said:

yep 5 x ac10 now unavilable
but 2 x uac10 + 3 x (ac1o or lbx10) still avilable

i think main problem is ac10's ghost heat

look at ac10 ghost heat, why so low???

Suggest to
1. remove useless LAA (still arm yaw angle 0 - not working at all)
2. adjust ac10 ghost heat.

View PostRonbo, on 29 March 2023 - 08:06 PM, said:

The original post was AC10, not UAC 10s. Reread his post. And UAC10s, even 4 let alone 5 would ghost overheat a mech. Best to chainfire or in pairs

So the only build I saw on the battlefield was 5x LBX/10 (which is the only AC/10 without any sort of Ghost Heat), so I assumed that the term "AC/10" was being used somewhat generically. It wasn't until killkimno, here, pointed out that cAC/10 ghost heat was practically nill that I realized that actually WAS a viable build without chain fire. I'd been under the impression that Clan and IS AC/10s had the same penalty at the same number (3x is okay, 4x is heavily penalized). Turns out, that's only true for the Inner Sphere (which is specifically a limit on Annihilators, and now Juggernaut).

That said, anyone who claims to still be running 4 AC/10's on a Moonwalker is running some combination including UAC/10's. It's entirely possible to run 2x UAC/10, 3 LBX/10 without any sort of ghost heat, since the LBX's still aren't penalized that way, but UAC/10's are the only physically possible means by which to account for the actuator crit slot.

View PostScout Derek, on 30 March 2023 - 01:41 AM, said:

Go play dire wolf then, stop lying to yourself that the moonwalker was the only one that could do 5xAC10.

Could it do it easily? Yes. Was it the only one? No, it wasn't.

https://mwo.nav-alph...050a42b1_DWF-UV

I would strongly discourage zero head armor on a Dire Wolf. Given that the head is center-mass on the 'mech, it gets hit accidentally as often as on-purpose.

#77 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 06:25 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 30 March 2023 - 04:36 AM, said:

I'd been under the impression that Clan and IS AC/10s had the same penalty at the same number (3x is okay, 4x is heavily penalized). Turns out, that's only true for the Inner Sphere (which is specifically a limit on Annihilators, and now Juggernaut).

#78 Tirothion

• PipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:00 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 March 2023 - 06:25 AM, said:

I will say that the ghost heat for Clan AC10's is broken. IS AC10 has a heat penalty of 15 with ghostheat, the Clan AC10 has a heat penalty of..... drum roll.... 1!

#79 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,451 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:03 AM

View PostTirothion, on 30 March 2023 - 07:00 AM, said:

I will say that the ghost heat for Clan AC10's is broken. IS AC10 has a heat penalty of 15 with ghostheat, the Clan AC10 has a heat penalty of..... drum roll.... 1!

Best guess: the argument is going to delve into the number of projectiles fired, and the fact that IS AC/10's are single-projectile weapons, and cAC/10's fire two projectiles per shot.

#80 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 07:21 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 30 March 2023 - 07:03 AM, said:

Best guess: the argument is going to delve into the number of projectiles fired, and the fact that IS AC/10's are single-projectile weapons, and cAC/10's fire two projectiles per shot.

The issue is that ghost heat changes were reactionary in response to nerfing weapons. Since the Dire wolf was literally the only mech that could reliably run 5AC10, it wasn't an issue, because, well, it's a dire, with horrendous mounts, and horrible geometry and agility to boot.

The Moonwalker was never intended to have no LAA, it was always intended to be so, but, of course people make mistakes, and it did happen, as per usual to no one's surprise.

Getting tired of this crap though, and expect more awful things to come, considering the cashgrab method they are now following instead of a more traditional approach to actually make it appealing to buy mechs other than inflated hardpoints and gimmick quirks.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users