Hmmm... LB 80-X...

#42 Timberjac

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPamplona, Navarra, Spain

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:18 PM

At last!!!! So many years to have it on my hands....

#43 AmbidXtrousGNOME

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • The Crimson Sentinel
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:19 PM

PGI, would it be possible to have one of the devs make a short gameplay video of the SR in action? Just show one or two variants on a map walking/jumping/shooting in 1st/3rd person?

#44 Noishkel Hauptman

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:43 PM

Gotta be honest, the Stone Rhino is one of my least favorite mechs in the franchise. Still, new content is appreciated.

#45 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:54 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 08 May 2023 - 12:09 PM, said:

Hmmm... LB 80-X...

I suspect like the Dire Wolf there might be fixed equipment applied to the torsos (e.g. Double heat sink) to prevent such builds. So Maybe LBX60?

However, the current hardpoint listing suggests LBX80 might be a thing.

Edited by Noesis, 08 May 2023 - 01:01 PM.

#46 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 08 May 2023 - 12:58 PM

So sick!!! Thanks for the new content Posted Image

#47 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:06 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 08 May 2023 - 12:58 PM, said:

P2W confirmed?

The SR4 is standard so anyone can buy it with cbills. only 6 and hero would be p2w if they were op. Plus that SR is only going 45 kph, It could be kited from far away

Edited by Shaitan Kerensky, 08 May 2023 - 01:07 PM.

#48 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:07 PM

View PostAmbidXtrousGNOME, on 08 May 2023 - 12:19 PM, said:

PGI, would it be possible to have one of the devs make a short gameplay video of the SR in action? Just show one or two variants on a map walking/jumping/shooting in 1st/3rd person?

You can benefit from the "early adopters" reward one month after the release. By then you'll have plenty of video for you to be able to make an informed decision.
(for some mechs they showed the mech ingame prior to the release, but never much)

View PostNoesis, on 08 May 2023 - 12:54 PM, said:

I suspect like the Dire Wolf there might be fixed equipment applied to the torsos (e.g. Double heat sink) to prevent such builds.

The Rhino is not an omnimech, so no fixed equipment. LB80X possible.

#49 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:13 PM

SR-6 16 hardpoints? I thought the weapon limit was 14.

#50 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:27 PM

View PostDivkrd, on 08 May 2023 - 12:04 PM, said:

yeah, without ammo xD

Oops.. well still pretty good SR-2 or SR-2

View PostShaitan Kerensky, on 08 May 2023 - 01:06 PM, said:

The SR4 is standard so anyone can buy it with cbills. only 6 and hero would be p2w if they were op. Plus that SR is only going 45 kph, It could be kited from far away

This game gives so much free MC that if you can buy a mech or ten with that so IMO mech you can buy with MC are not P2W.

#51 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:56 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 08 May 2023 - 09:55 AM, said:

I think the dorsal gun is too long and too high.

Both for aesthetics and gameplay, it would be good if it is lowered more into the main body and the barrels are shortened a bit.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 May 2023 - 09:26 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pretty sure this is the version they were trying to emulate.

Posted Image

But let's be honest. This is the version we all REALLY wanted. Posted Image It's just harder to model the "shared" barrel, and has more copyright issues associated with it.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 08 May 2023 - 01:56 PM.

#52 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:02 PM

View Postepikt, on 08 May 2023 - 11:39 AM, said:

The pack is in range with the usual pricing range, no surprise here. Especially for an assault mech.
But I wonder why they didn't do the standard+reinforcement they've done with previous pack, with an affordable 20$ option that includes 3 variants.

They changed that system up as of the Crusader. Kinda seems like they were worried they wouldn't recoup enough of their investment cost, or something. No more $20 option, and if you just want the Collector 'mech, now it's $55, instead of $40 like it used to be. About the only places the price-points haven't changed are "everything but the hero" or "everything including the hero", which are still $55 and $70, respectively.

#53 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:09 PM

View PostNoesis, on 08 May 2023 - 12:54 PM, said:

I suspect like the Dire Wolf there might be fixed equipment applied to the torsos (e.g. Double heat sink) to prevent such builds. So Maybe LBX60?

However, the current hardpoint listing suggests LBX80 might be a thing.

Dire Wolf has fixed equipment because it's an Omnimech, and some Omni Chassis have fixed equipment. (The Active Probe on the Mist Lynx and the Flamer on the Adder, as well as all armor configurations are technically supposed to be included in that list). Battlemechs, on the other hand, are fully customizable, and nothing is rigidly fixed. The Stone Rhino will be a 100 ton blank slate, limited only by the hardpoints on each specific variant. Thus, the one that comes with 4x LBX/5's will invariably be equipped with 4x LBX/20's, if only until people realize how slow that will be, and how hard it'll be to get it into position (or until PGI add Ghost Heat for 4x or more LBX/20's).

Technically, Omnimechs are just as modifiable as Battlemechs, they just lose their "Omni" functionality if you do so. To customize a Battlemech is supposed to take months and months with professional engineers and a full 'mech maintenance facility, where customizing an Omnimech can be done at a Forward Operating Base by a tech and the pilot in about 30 minutes or so. Because MWO doesn't simulate any of this, we find ourselves in a situation where Battlemechs are actually MORE flexible than Omnimechs, because nothing is permanently fixed.

Edited by C337Skymaster, 08 May 2023 - 02:11 PM.

#54 Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk

• PipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:15 PM

im excited for a new mech in the game but ill never understand why they sell it in packs like that. after exchange id be out $75 to get the standard pack with hero addon before taxes. i believe the market for people that want to spend $75 on a couple versions of the same mech has got to be quite small % of overall player base, in fact i played this game since closed beta without buying anything until the platinum packs purely because of that fact. i had even scoured the game and web store over the years looking for something to buy to support the game i love but dumping so much on 6 variants of one mech is nuts to me. eg. new star wars AAA game title just dropped last week and i can buy that on steam for $75 or i can buy 6 variants of the same mech in some DLC for this game...

i understand there are dev costs etc. i just believe strongly that there is a far larger market of players that would throw you $5 for 1 mech variant in preorder which would get you cash vs. me waiting until its on the in game market and i buy it for c-bills, which i assume doesnt look as great on your balance sheet.

#55 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:16 PM

Take my money you wonderful people you. Pre-ordered thanks.

#56 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 02:17 PM

This isn't April 1st. Color me surprised.

#57 vinzyll

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 03:56 PM

View PostShaitan Kerensky, on 08 May 2023 - 01:06 PM, said:

6 won't be p2w either because it's gonna be for cbills as well. the special variant just gives a 30% cbill bonus

#58 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 04:19 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 08 May 2023 - 04:11 PM, said:

SR-6 is marked as (S) meaning Special Variant and not included in the standard set, so the only way to get it will be as with all other (S) variants, you have to buy it after purchasing the standard pack.

Not according to the FAQ:

The (S)pecial Variant is only available as add-on to the Collectors pack. (A Standard version of this Variant will be available when the Stone Rhino Standard variants are available for MC and/or C-Bills)

#59 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 May 2023 - 04:49 PM

View Postmartian, on 08 May 2023 - 09:34 AM, said:

Because another 100-ton assault sniper is exactly what this game needs ...

Anything is a brawler if you're brave enough....

#60 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 May 2023 - 04:59 PM

Excited to see the quirks. Really hoping for a C ER PPC HSL +2. So hyped to try it out in a few weeks!

https://mwo.nav-alph...fb3acd21_CUSTOM

!!!GIB PPC/GAUSS HSL PLZ!!!

Edited by Orion_, 08 May 2023 - 05:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users