196 replies to this topic

#161 epikt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 21 May 2023 - 08:28 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 May 2023 - 08:02 PM, said:

The 6LPL build should be a monster but isn't a huge step up from other options that can do that?

It's a little better, but better on every points, than the Supernova (which I believe is the best 6LPLas right now). The only thing that could give the SNV an edge is the hibox/profile, but that's not really a strength of this mech...

#162 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 May 2023 - 03:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 May 2023 - 08:02 PM, said:

That first build on a Dire with -7.5% heat gen can be built right now but slower (obviously). You can't do the 0.5 second ghost heat split, you have to wait until the end of the burn unless you want to take overheat damage.

That said, it does a massive amount of damage if you can manage the heat and ride the LPLs when you are hot. I think on the SR the lack of heat quirk will cause issues.

The 6LPL build should be a monster but isn't a huge step up from other options that can do that?

6 LPL is currently feasible on Dires (can even be done with 17.5% heat gen if you build it on the prime right sided with the prime LT), Kodiak 1 and 5, and the Deathstrike. You can also fit it on a Blood Asp, but it needs more armour stripping than im comfortable with. The Rhino will do it better than all of those (faster than the dire, better mounts than the Kodiak, cooler than the Deathstrike). It is definitely my go to idea for the SR-6, but im actually wondering if it will be better on the SR-7 - assuming the model follows the artwork accurately, the arms look like they will be ~cockpit level and 6 LPL fit into the arms with full actuation.

Edit: Forgot the Supernova which can also do 6 LPL. I cant stand Supernovas, they drive like bricks and have knuckledragging arms, so i tend to overlook them.

Tbh the SR is wasting a lot of my time at the moment. There are just SO MANY possible builds that look good im kinda stuck in a theorycrafting loop, lol. Like the idea of 2 UAC5, 2 UAC10 and 2 LPL, with full lower arm actuation, on the SR-4.. its a MCII-B with 2 LPLs on top..

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 22 May 2023 - 03:23 AM.

#163 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 03:28 AM

View Postepikt, on 21 May 2023 - 08:28 PM, said:

It's a little better, but better on every points, than the Supernova (which I believe is the best 6LPLas right now). The only thing that could give the SNV an edge is the hibox/profile, but that's not really a strength of this mech...

Id argue the SNV is outclassed for 6 LPL by both the Deathstrike (mounts, engine cap) and the Dire Wolf (heat gen quirks)

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 22 May 2023 - 03:29 AM.

#164 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 May 2023 - 08:01 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 May 2023 - 03:28 AM, said:

Id argue the SNV is outclassed for 6 LPL by both the Deathstrike (mounts, engine cap) and the Dire Wolf (heat gen quirks)

The C does have good mounts for 4 of them, but I think the SNV is a bit suboptimal and wish it got a little more attention but it doesn’t because “Clan battlemech” and “clan lasers”. You also pay for those mounts with substandard supernova durability quirks and agility. Can’t win.

The Dire with 4 LPL and two gauss and the -17.5% heat gen quirk is also nice. Can alpha as well.

#165 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 09:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 22 May 2023 - 08:01 AM, said:

The C does have good mounts for 4 of them, but I think the SNV is a bit suboptimal and wish it got a little more attention but it doesn’t because “Clan battlemech” and “clan lasers”. You also pay for those mounts with substandard supernova durability quirks and agility. Can’t win.

Yeah, im not sure what it would take for me to take the Supernova out of mothballs. I have tried to like it because its got MW3 (i think?) nostalgia points, but its just such a pig to drive. Best i found was 4 ERPPCs on the C or ATM48 on the one with the missiles, but both those builds are done dramatically better on other mechs.

#166 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 22 May 2023 - 11:58 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 May 2023 - 09:56 AM, said:

Yeah, im not sure what it would take for me to take the Supernova out of mothballs. I have tried to like it because its got MW3 (i think?) nostalgia points, but its just such a pig to drive. Best i found was 4 ERPPCs on the C or ATM48 on the one with the missiles, but both those builds are done dramatically better on other mechs.

Yeah, the -1 with 6 ERLL and the -B with 4 cLPL 4 ERML are decent. The -B has better agility and structure quirks, -5% heat on the ERMLs and -5% duration. It can hold its own, though I think it's performance is overrated by the powers that be. Especially when the inevitable cLPL nerfs come.

The -3 might be interesting with 5 ER PPCs after the patch. And with the range it can do maybe 2 ERPPCs with 3 ER LL and zombie with the ER LLs.

#167 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 22 May 2023 - 06:10 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 22 May 2023 - 03:19 AM, said:

6 LPL is currently feasible on Dires (can even be done with 17.5% heat gen if you build it on the prime right sided with the prime LT), Kodiak 1 and 5, and the Deathstrike. You can also fit it on a Blood Asp, but it needs more armour stripping than im comfortable with. The Rhino will do it better than all of those (faster than the dire, better mounts than the Kodiak, cooler than the Deathstrike). It is definitely my go to idea for the SR-6, but im actually wondering if it will be better on the SR-7 - assuming the model follows the artwork accurately, the arms look like they will be ~cockpit level and 6 LPL fit into the arms with full actuation.

Edit: Forgot the Supernova which can also do 6 LPL. I cant stand Supernovas, they drive like bricks and have knuckledragging arms, so i tend to overlook them.

Tbh the SR is wasting a lot of my time at the moment. There are just SO MANY possible builds that look good im kinda stuck in a theorycrafting loop, lol. Like the idea of 2 UAC5, 2 UAC10 and 2 LPL, with full lower arm actuation, on the SR-4.. its a MCII-B with 2 LPLs on top..

There are definitely tons of possible good loadouts on this thing with most variants. It's perhaps the most versatile of any Assault mech. Though I'm sure many builds will look good on paper but not execute well in game. Guess we just need to wait for the mech to drop and if there are any quirks...which I would argue that it needs no weapons quirks.

#168 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 May 2023 - 07:21 PM

New mechs are always good, bit what this game needs is new weapons

#169 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:47 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 22 May 2023 - 07:21 PM, said:

New mechs are always good, bit what this game needs is new weapons.

Or better useable current weapons...

#170 Talandar00

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 01:21 PM

I would have bought the SR-6 in a heartbeat if it wasn't an addon

#171 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 May 2023 - 07:11 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 May 2023 - 07:47 AM, said:

New weapons and more variations of current ones. For example I would like an SSRM6 that worked like the one from MW4 Vengeance and Mercenaries.

#172 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 07:47 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 23 May 2023 - 07:11 PM, said:

New weapons and more variations of current ones. For example I would like an SSRM6 that worked like the one from MW4 Vengeance and Mercenaries.

Please explain what that would mean because I never had the chance to play the older MechWarrior games before MWO was launched :)

Only watched the cartoon! LOL! Posted Image

#173 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 25 May 2023 - 01:43 AM

Will the Stone Rhine be sold on Steam? I can not buy anything on this site for some reason.

#174 GlyphKnightMax

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:40 PM

WOW, this thread had everything.
It DOES make me wonder what aim-settling would be like in this game, honestly. Reducing accuracy, even a little, by moving. A reticle bloom that is only affected by moving around, or making movement cause the reticle to shake like firing gauss or using JJs.
Stop moving just long enough to get the convergence for an alpha, ZAP, back to strafing... Yeah, I could see that.
Like y'all said, though, probably not gonna happen. Game plays fine as is so long as things are balanced right.
Hype for the SR, but MAN, seeing something in the Omega lineage again has me pining for super-heavies in a a BattleTech game all over again ;3;

#175 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:17 PM

View PostRoodkapje, on 23 May 2023 - 07:47 AM, said:

They could add HAG's for Clans though. But a mech with 2 HAG-40's would be nuts lol.

#176 Amethyst Blade

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 May 2023 - 11:09 PM

This is my favourite 'Mech and I bought the full bundle without even pausing. But I'm also a LURMer. Yup. And the Koloss seems to have the BEST LRM hard points you can find on ANY Clan Assault. The Timber Wolf was a LURMing joke that had to store the ammo in the arms but would have been the natural go-to. I've run a ton of clan LURM boats but they are hard to build. One missile hard point in each location except the head - nice. Two in the CT is laughable. You could build a decent SRM boat or a deadly LRM boat or play with ATMs. There's so much flexibility there. With good energy and ballistics you can also back that up with some Dakka or big lasers.

Looking at the 6 makes me laugh because 14 Medium Pulse Lasers was terrible for the table top but here in MWO it would be deadly, but the number of alternate builds is going to be awesome. I'm sure B33F will take out a 14 ER Large Laser build without armor or something.

Even the 3 with 6 missile hard points across the two torso's might be something you can build a LURM boat out of. You might have to rock a standard engine to make that work though and with LURM's you want all the ammo you can fit on.

I'm curious after they very carefully nerfed the 2xGuass, 2xER PPC combo, how the 3 will work with 2xGuass and 2xHeavy Large Laser. It might just be disgusting.

#177 Kaiju-Killer

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn my way to the top

Posted 28 May 2023 - 04:22 PM

Just an idea, hear me out. What if the Stone Rhino had the quirk of having back armor resistant to MGs (of any type) because it looks like the Stone Rhino would not be able to survive an encounter with anything the size of a piranha or lower (which usually boat machine guns). Correct me if I'm wrong tho. (feel like I sound rude, do I sound too rude?)

#178 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 03:31 AM

View PostAmethyst Blade, on 27 May 2023 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'm curious after they very carefully nerfed the 2xGuass, 2xER PPC combo, how the 3 will work with 2xGuass and 2xHeavy Large Laser. It might just be disgusting.

You can already do significantly more dangerous GaussVomit combos than that on a fairly large number of mechs (Dire, MadCat MKII, Blood Asp, etc) and will be able to on the Rhino for that matter.

Gauss + PPC is specifically nerfed because its all front loaded, lasers dont have the same restriction because you can twist the damage.

#179 Dagala

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 May 2023 - 06:53 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 May 2023 - 09:34 AM, said:

Because another 100-ton assault sniper is exactly what this game needs ...

Cant help but agree

#180 Kaiju-Killer

• PipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 31 posts
  • LocationOn my way to the top

Posted 02 June 2023 - 05:32 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 26 May 2023 - 04:17 PM, said:

They could add HAG's for Clans though. But a mech with 2 HAG-40's would be nuts lol.

I've been meaning to ask, what is a HAG? I've seen it all over Mechwarrior stuff but I never got what the abbreviation stood for.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users