• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:36 PM

As long as it gets equally challenging, there's no problem :)

#42 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:37 PM

Wow $21.95 wasted on the Scattershot.. Gotta love those nerfs after we paid for it. Really makes me think twice of buying anymore honestly..

Whats up with the Heavy PPC on an urbanmech? really who thought that was a great idea with a 90meter dead zone on a light.. Useless quirks.

Over abundant light buffs again.. Very few Medium mech buffs a few nice Assault mech buffs, at least Cataphracts might be playable again.

View PostFar Reach, on 19 May 2023 - 07:31 PM, said:

Did clan ER lasers really deserve another nerf?

Yes they did, but really all Er large need a range nerf..

Edited by PocketYoda, 19 May 2023 - 07:42 PM.

#43 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:38 PM

While I know this isn't the place for suggestions, I wonder what Domination might look like if the circle were set to expand, scaling with the number of mechs in it?
People might for example decide that there's an optimal number of mechs to keep in the circle and make the match a little more dynamic. Maybe something to experiment with in a special event.
Simultaneously, it might make the mode a little more forgiving for people who are less proficient with the game, without really affecting higher tier players.

#44 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:43 PM

View PostKynesis, on 19 May 2023 - 07:38 PM, said:

While I know this isn't the place for suggestions, I wonder what Domination might look like if the circle were set to expand, scaling with the number of mechs in it?
People might for example decide that there's an optimal number of mechs to keep in the circle and make the match a little more dynamic. Maybe something to experiment with in a special event.
Simultaneously, it might make the mode a little more forgiving for people who are less proficient with the game, without really affecting higher tier players.

Or shrink?

#45 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:46 PM

I complain about the maps being small, and they are considering making them even smaller. :)

Why are we playing MW? Let's just go play CSGO.

Even CSGO has larger maps than that.

#46 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:48 PM

Scattershot needed a bit of reining in, and I'm glad it was done in a way that keeps the character of the mech, and simultaneously gave some nice reasons to play the other SHD variants. I say this as someone who has bought the Scattershot and only the Scattershot as far as legend mechs go; people qq'ing about completely justified nerfs just because they spent a little money need to work on their impulse control or entitlement or something, idk.

Arges looks ridiculous. I'm really getting tired of this much hardpoint creep, it's just a better Sleipnir for almost all gauss or Hgauss builds. I mean, unless you really need that 5% gauss cooldown or 10% laser range Posted Image. There are other ways to make mechs interesting than blatant power creep.

Removal of the Vectoring nodes is also disappointing. It could've been a really cool playstyle-dependant choice if the values were actually large enough to do anything noticable.

Some of the other quirk changes look nice, I guess.

Edited by Wraith 1, 19 May 2023 - 08:23 PM.

#47 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 07:55 PM

...Wait.

Why would they need to remove nodes to add more, different skill nodes in the first place...?

I like the overheat mitigation but did you actually need to remove Vectoring (sincere question)? If it's a precursor to a better form of thrust vector control, great. If it's a matter of a hard limit on node amounts, you could just condense some trees. If you had to eliminate nodes instead of condensing trees, get rid of hill climb and just give hill climb back to everyone by default. Etc.

Edited by the check engine light, 19 May 2023 - 08:41 PM.

#48 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 19 May 2023 - 08:02 PM

Everyone enlarges the maps in the games, the group here is trying to make it smaller. Everyone is creating large open-world Battle Royale-style environments, whereas the people here are suggesting we shrink the initial maps.

#49 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 19 May 2023 - 05:13 PM, said:

Congrats on destroying FP. Finally Daeron can be free of having to wake up at noon to restart the stories, after a vigorous night of lovemaking to his boat.

theres more people in que tonight than ever before. this may have SAVED factionplay.

#50 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 19 May 2023 - 05:31 PM, said:

Why am I buying Legendary Mechs, only to have them nerfed the following month...?

And you nerfed the Moonwalker by lowering its acceleration and deceleration...it's literally called the Moonwalker because of its "walking" quirks...

Did the Juggernaut get nerfed?
Did the Dreadnaught get nerfed?

No, they didn't.

Changes are based on game balance. Some quirks might turn out too much, and become blatant p2w.
The two new ones are more likely to keep their stuff since they have a safer approach to quirks.

Also Moonwalker wasn't supposed to get higher agility. It was copied from the only MCII-2 with higher agility and we realized it after a while. And we are talking about one of the most OP mechs in this game by a wide margin.

#51 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 08:44 PM

View PostKynesis, on 19 May 2023 - 07:38 PM, said:

I kind of like this idea, though I wonder how it would actually play out on some maps that have limited or nonexistent cover except on the outermost rim of the circle.

#52 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:01 PM

The Deathwish was already one of the better/more consistently functional IIC variants, really only needed the same thing the rest of the cannon (and massively oversized missile pod) ones needed and that was at least a few points of the structure or some armor back on from the nerf that should have just been allotted to the A a few months back.

That switch from ML to HML gives it an 86.8/106 point (double tap 20) alpha potential which is pretty gnarly for a 50 tonner with an xl275. And it already runs hot in a fight so that doesn't change much for it's usability.

I don't want to complain because it is currently my favorite mech to run, but it doesn't seem like the greatest thing to do in terms of improving balance.

#53 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:24 PM

View Postsycocys, on 19 May 2023 - 09:01 PM, said:

The Deathwish was already one of the better/more consistently functional IIC variants, really only needed the same thing the rest of the cannon (and massively oversized missile pod) ones needed and that was at least a few points of the structure or some armor back on from the nerf that should have just been allotted to the A a few months back.

That switch from ML to HML gives it an 86.8/106 point (double tap 20) alpha potential which is pretty gnarly for a 50 tonner with an xl275. And it already runs hot in a fight so that doesn't change much for it's usability.

I don't want to complain because it is currently my favorite mech to run, but it doesn't seem like the greatest thing to do in terms of improving balance.

Do you have the critspace for more sinks if you de-rated it to something like XL255?

For some reason ERMLs seem hotter than HMLs when I use them. Think it's because HML has a longer cycle time where you're not shooting, so you're dissipating. That and you're firing ERML a bit further out, possibly all the way in to knife range, where HMLs don't reach out as far so you're not doing that as much.

Could also settle for an LB20X instead, they're a bit cooler than UAC20.

E: just checked and cooldown on HML is 4.2, ERML 4.0. Not as much of a difference as I thought I guess?

Edited by the check engine light, 19 May 2023 - 09:27 PM.

#54 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:52 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 19 May 2023 - 09:24 PM, said:

Do you have the critspace for more sinks if you de-rated it to something like XL255?

If you sacrifice a few more points of armor you could get I think 1 (maybe two, its super late here and my brain isn't tracking the change fully) more DHS in there for ~.2 in dissipation. For me I don't think it's worth the drop in speed, or more as I approach it the ability to navigate away while cooling.

For most mechs I would prefer the LBX, but this mech for whatever reason really seems to accommodate the uac20 and ability to double tap with a laser burst better for me, might be worth a check again into it when its mixed with HML though because of the burn time probably spready more anyhow.

The erML like you say you are loading up on the heat all the way into uac20 range so they naturally end up keeping this mech running hotter throughout.

Switching to heavy, coupled with the uac20 means you need to get a bit closer but you are going to be loading up for that alpha more often rather than having your heat up on the way into the strike. If it goes like it seems like it will - and based off my just shy of 90 vomit A variant - it's going to end up melting mechs and still have the ability to attack uavs that none of the other hunch-iics can do with their lasers effectively.

#55 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:53 PM

uhhh, all the nice Map changes, i love it Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#56 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:53 PM

So what incentive do I have now to buy into a legendary mech if its just going to be nerfed later? Unless you offer a refund option for the scattershot I won't be buying into any new legendary mechs. Thats just blatant bait and switch.

#57 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 19 May 2023 - 10:36 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM, said:

No, they didn't.

Changes are based on game balance. Some quirks might turn out too much, and become blatant p2w.
The two new ones are more likely to keep their stuff since they have a safer approach to quirks.

Also Moonwalker wasn't supposed to get higher agility. It was copied from the only MCII-2 with higher agility and we realized it after a while. And we are talking about one of the most OP mechs in this game by a wide margin.

The Legendary Mechs are by definition, P2W: You can only purchase them with real money. We need to stop pretending that they’re not. If the goal is to balance those mechs with C-Bill or MC purchasable mechs, by nerfing them along the way, people are less likely to spend the money (as frequently), that’s just “buyer behavior”. PGI is the the one who came up with this Legendary Mech business model, and I’ve bought all 4 Legendaries so far, but I won’t keep buying them if they keep getting nerfed. We’re paying for a unique experience. And NO, I do NOT expect giga OP with a Legendary like the original MWK. It was totally understandable when the Moonwalker was hot-fixed due to the arm actuator not being correctly applied, but when you start seeing your paid-for-with-real-money mech in the Patch Notes, it makes me hesitate opening my wallet, again. I’m just being honest. I can tell you with a high degree of certainty that PGI wants me, and many others to keep spending money. And you can say that I’m being unreasonable and that “balance” is more important. But at the end of the day, PGI wants money, and people will hesitate spending their money if the Mech they're buying is getting nerfed almost immediately, even when it’s being done for the sake of game “balance”.

Regarding the Dreadnaught, its quirk is an extra consumable slot…that’s not exactly earth shattering. And the two new Mechs (at least from what I saw) are kind of “ho-hum”. It was the unique quirks of the Scattershot that made it fun and interesting to play. Maybe the new LGD hard points will make them fun, but unfortunately I will not be buying the new Legendary Mechs on Patch Day, as I did with the other ones. I’ll wait to see the feedback in the Discord channels before making that decision. And if the community is screaming “OP” that means they’ll probably get nerfed. Then I‘ll just wait until PGI and the Cauldron are done tinkering with them, before opening up my wallet again.

#58 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 May 2023 - 12:12 AM

CTF-4X:
Added -75% Missile spread

That seems a bit excessive?

#59 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:06 AM

View PostW A R L O R D, on 19 May 2023 - 10:36 PM, said:

The Legendary Mechs are by definition, P2W: You can only purchase them with real money. We need to stop pretending that they’re not. If the goal is to balance those mechs with C-Bill or MC purchasable mechs, by nerfing them along the way, people are less likely to spend the money (as frequently), that’s just “buyer behavior”. PGI is the the one who came up with this Legendary Mech business model, and I’ve bought all 4 Legendaries so far, but I won’t keep buying them if they keep getting nerfed. We’re paying for a unique experience.

That's true, might be different if they were purchasable in game with mc. At least then you could save up through events and what not to buy the mech. Might not have access to the battlepass but you could still purchase the mech without having to spend money.

#60 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:08 AM

Sounds like we MWO players are now the white lab rats... radical changes being introduced live, and observe how players deal with it... (presumably in the name of a potential future feature for LGD mechs)... and if it does not work out, changes would be only partially rolled back...

As for CTF-4X, it only has a 1-slot missile hardpoint in its head, so can only equip any of these only:
~SRM 2/4
~Streak SRM 2/4
~LRM-5
~Specifically, CTF-4X cannot equip any MRM missiles...

CTF-4X:
Added -75% Missile spread

I've bought 3 of 4 Legendary Mechs (was going to buy ScatterShot after end-May'23 paycheque, but not sure about ScatterShot anymore with the May'23 patch notes). It definitely sucks to buy a LGD mech, only to have it giga-nerfed even before your next paycheck even arrive.

==>Perhaps MWO can throw in a limited 28-day Event (bonus standing CBills cockpit items) for all new LGD mechs going forward, to help offset this potential giga-nerf risk for buying LGD mechs so early? Otherwise LGD new mech model sales may lose momentum.

View PostNavid A1, on 19 May 2023 - 08:21 PM, said:

No, they didn't.

Edited by w0qj, 20 May 2023 - 04:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users