• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 May 2023 - 10:27 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 25 May 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode. This could include things like adjusting timers and Clan drop deck tonnage, continued adjustments to the maps, and more depending on desired changes and our resources available.

The monthly Faction Play events/sales will now be 2 weekends before each Patch, however this could be altered for larger events like Tukayyid etc.

A couple of tweaks to a couple of Faction maps each month would give this mode a heartbeat.

On top of the 'Mech changes which slightly refresh every mode, it may not be necessary to run a specific event along with it. Although that is a really cool bonus, especially if it leads to an Invasion Dropdeck reward. The free mech event is eligible for Faction Play and that's already very generous.

Whether an event is synced with it or not, even the smallest amount of novelty will get lapsed players to return and try out some Faction each month. It will also give faction units a weekend or two to regroup like the old days.

Tonight there were 2 matches going on at the same time! That's a very healthy situation to be in.

From the few games I had, the changes to gens and turrets aren't a huge deal. The mode is still being won by the team who shoots best together at the other mechs.

#62 Tywren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:19 PM

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode.

Well you can start with making it stable. I've had multiple crash to login screen while trying to do Faction play specifically (No effect on quick play mode), and worse, when I log back in and try to rejoin a match in progress, I've had a 50/50 crapshoot on whether I get back into the match and play for a few minutes before the next login crash, or have the entire program just crash to desktop. And the fact that this is triggering the penalty system is just icing in a **** cake!

This feels more like playing an unpolished beta, than a game that's more than a decade old, and that's a very bad thing!

Edited by Tywren, 25 May 2023 - 11:42 PM.

#63 Urbie Connoisseur

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:21 PM

View PostNoZaku4U, on 25 May 2023 - 06:04 PM, said:

First, and only, FP drop for this event, 8-man and a 2-man group on the other side. All 12 pugs on ours.
A quick reminder on why I quit FP to begin with.

View PostKingCobra, on 25 May 2023 - 08:04 PM, said:

Here is the truth PGI about Faction play its going to bomb on the events unless you make FP playable for everyone in MWO not just the comp players and meta junkies you're just going to have a baby seal slaughter if any pugs even try to group up and join the event.

So, my suggestion would be to have the matchmaker group up the first 12v12 with pugs and 4–12-man groups in ques not giving the 12 mans any advantages in FP ques and to keep the baby seal clubbing down make it (stock only mechs) are playable.

View PostPiVoR, on 25 May 2023 - 04:50 PM, said:

all you have to do is to disable team stacking, make it like QP where people are scattered on both sides, not like one team is full of veteran players with maxed mechs while others is a full PUG with 0 node mechs

Exactly this, and people defend it for some reason.

#64 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:46 PM

Seems to be an error, it's not registering kill counts. I've gotten like twelve kills in the three matches I played and it still says my count is zero.

#65 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:51 PM

Well, glad I changed plans after the first time I got bypassed in queue.

#66 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 11:54 PM

View Postchaosshade2638, on 25 May 2023 - 11:46 PM, said:

Seems to be an error, it's not registering kill counts. I've gotten like twelve kills in the three matches I played and it still says my count is zero.

Check the event page on the website. I wasn't seeing any kills registering on the in game event page and had to go to the website. They were there and I could redeem the reward there.

#67 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:34 AM

its 3:30 AM and faction was still getting matches within 2-4 minutes of queing in a group of 6-7. this is absolutely amazing. i dont know how this event can be categorized as anything other than a huge success. great job pgi, and big thank you to the map boy for the amazing changes that sparked this event. its great to see a developer take an interest in this side of the game.

#68 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:59 AM

Clan Kills still do not counting.

#69 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:46 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 26 May 2023 - 02:59 AM, said:

Clan Kills still do not counting.

Same here, kills of IS mechs by Clan fighters are showing, not the reverse. Neither on the webpage or on the in game screen.

#70 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:31 AM

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode. This could include things like adjusting timers and Clan drop deck tonnage, continued adjustments to the maps, and more depending on desired changes and our resources available.

The monthly Faction Play events/sales will now be 2 weekends before each Patch, however this could be altered for larger events like Tukayyid etc.

This is really nice! Thanks Daeron/PGI. Finally some love for FP. But still the main issue with FP is veterans sitting on defence que and puggies on attack que. Can someone at PGI explain how much work it would take to make attack/def random? So we can understand why its not on the list?

#71 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:42 AM

Like I've already staged, the FP veterans are in organized, optimized groups, farming the players new to FP.

The FP Event rewards are worth it this time around (or at least for me)...
but in the long run this would turn off most or all of non-FP players, that they would not play FP as a result.

I propose disable Groups (and disable LFG Looking For Groups) during such a FP Event in the future.

Update: I've just been in a FP game where the "Defense" (IS) faction: 9 of 12 members are within the same Team. Need I say more?

View PostKotis77, on 26 May 2023 - 04:31 AM, said:

This is really nice! Thanks Daeron/PGI. Finally some love for FP. But still the main issue with FP is veterans sitting on defence que and puggies on attack que. Can someone at PGI explain how much work it would take to make attack/def random? So we can understand why its not on the list?

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 25 May 2023 - 07:35 PM, said:

What are you talking about? Some people claim that only groups saved the MWO from death. Groups are the highest good for this game.

Edited by w0qj, 26 May 2023 - 06:04 AM.

#72 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:48 AM

Why is the Awesomes never on sale?

And sorry no rewards are going to entice me into faction play.. Nothing is worth being farmed like that.

Edited by PocketYoda, 26 May 2023 - 05:51 AM.

#73 benben10

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:55 AM

Reduce the victories required to 2
Also maybe reduced the damage requirements to 2k, 3k, 4k, 2k and 2k for each of the respective objectives

Edited by benben10, 26 May 2023 - 05:57 AM.

#74 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:04 AM

View Postw0qj, on 26 May 2023 - 05:42 AM, said:

Like I've already staged, the FP veterans are in organized, optimized groups, farming the players new to FP.

The FP Event rewards are worth it this time around (or at least for me)...
but in the long run this would turn off most or all of non-FP players, that they would not play FP as a result.

I propose disable Groups (and disable LFG Looking For Groups) during such a FP Event in the future.

so groups should be banned in QP and FP? so where should groups drop then?

PGI used to have the code for FP randomness, but in FP 4.1? PGI changed to this.

#75 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:08 AM

Like I've just said:

"Update: I've just been in a FP game where the "Defense" (IS) faction: 9 of 12 members are within the same Team. Need I say more?"
(And none of this Team was in the Offense part of this same game. Solid prima facie evidence).
See ScreenShot as below:
https://e.pcloud.lin...mhTekDNibKb33JX

Remember, the one of the objective of this FP Event is to hopefully draw more MWO QP players into FP.
It would have the opposite effect (repel them from FP) in the medium term if this keeps up.

Yes, I would willing get farmed this FP Event due to rewards are good.
But the next time? I'm not so sure... (and MWO cannot keep up good rewards such as these all the time...)

View PostKotis77, on 26 May 2023 - 06:04 AM, said:

so groups should be banned in QP and FP? so where should groups drop then?

PGI used to have the code for FP randomness, but in FP 4.1? PGI changed to this.

Edited by w0qj, 26 May 2023 - 11:17 AM.

#76 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 06:17 AM

The FP is terrible, there is no balance.
Around four hours. Five matches.
Three wins. Only one interesting, two - a game of one goal.
Two defeats - in each of these defeats, 8 people in my team failed to get 1000 damage from four mechs. In the second defeat, one person from four mechs did 260 damage, another 180 damage.

P.S. Think, think. You must solve the problem of balance. Faster please.
P.P.S. Played only for Clans. The task "FP - Clan Kills" went to the "FP - IS Kills" count.
P.P.P.S. Thank you (sincerely) for the FP event. At least you tried.

#77 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 07:09 AM

View Postw0qj, on 25 May 2023 - 07:14 PM, said:

+1
Just make FP all random (no pre-made groups), only during these FP Events...

Otherwise players new to FP would conclude it's not worth their time...

FP is not for new players, a new player needs more experience and understanding of the gameplay before jumping at FP.

#78 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:06 AM

Aaaaand bypassed again.

Kthxbye you can have it, whoever

#79 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:23 AM

View Postw0qj, on 25 May 2023 - 06:17 PM, said:

I'm surprised that no one had bothered to tell the players new to FP how to start playing.
It's doable, but need guidance...

What he said. :)

#80 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM

Are warhorns on sale? (cockpit items)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users