All-Out-War Faction Play Weekend Event And Sale

243 replies to this topic

#81 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM

Sorry about the issues with the Challenges Folks!
I have done a pass to reduce the effort required to achieve them.

We are investigating why IS Kills and Clan Kills are not counting for some.
We suspect it has to do with Player Faction Allegiance and not the chosen Conflict allegiance.

Either way I will make a Double XP event next weekend with some boosted cockpit items for everyone to earn (regardless of mode)

I know some folks are happy and some folks are not to see us running events in FP again.
Our intention is to run 1 FP event a month (like Solaris is once a month) moving forward and we will use this event as a learning experience to make the set up and challenge criterial better moving forward.

If FP is not your thing that is ok, you don't have to play, but there has been a dedicated segment of players who do enjoy it and we want to make sure we are making 1 event per month for them as well.

#82 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:34 AM

Jumped on this morning and was in a match within 3-4 minutes and it was a good match; never noticed any pre-made domination. I'll be back more after work. I can always move to QP if this event starts to go sideways, but I definitely like the gameplay variety it offers, as well as the associated sales. The new, modified challenges are not super hard to get. I'm a totally vanilla player with maybe a handful of lifetime FP matches, and I got my 20 kill assists reward and my 5 kills reward, and my 1 Clan kill reward, all on my first time out. See y'all on the battlefield! Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 26 May 2023 - 09:43 AM.

#83 Mechwarrior2342356

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 09:42 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 26 May 2023 - 09:34 AM, said:

Jumped on this morning and was in a match within 3-4 minutes and it was a good match; never noticed any pre-made domination. I'll be back more after work. I can always move to QP if this event starts to go sideways, but I definitely like the gameplay variety it offers, as well as the associated sales. The new, modified challenges are not super hard to get. I'm a totally vanilla player with maybe 3 lifetime FP matches, and I got my 20 kill assists reward and my 5 kills reward, and my 1 Clan kill reward my first time out. See y'all on the battlefield! Posted Image

Yup. Enjoy. At least the Stalker has non-FP application.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 09:43 AM.

#84 Razgriz_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 243 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:01 AM

I work this weekend though T_T

LOVE to see challenges other than "get match score". Hopefully Ill have time to finally check out FP for the first time.

#85 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:29 AM

I don't play FP but it has been neglected for far too long.
I never quite liked the design of siege mode. The individual elements are fine ideas but the design just seems bad to me.

I would envision the maps to be more open and I didn't like the gates idea. Gates are cool but not big ones like that where you have to shoot a generator on the other side and there's specifically one spot you can hit it from. That was a bad idea. It would have been better if the gates just unlocked shortcuts, not the only way through. Otherwise, I liked siege mode when it was new and fresh still. Having reinforcements drop on top of you as you're trying to destroy the generator was scary too but yeah I get why those were moved. One thing that hurt FP was how anemic the gameplay was at first. I think we had only 1 map at launch with a second one added soon after. But the mode didn't change for a while until they just modified QP modes and tossed them in and added scouting which had it's own issues.

Min/maxing has always been the big issue. Whether that's groups or mechs, there's a small number of players that can tune things very lethally and anyone outside of that struggles quite a big. In QP, you have that but it's spread out more and more random that way.

#86 Raffen Volt

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 26 May 2023 - 10:52 AM

I just want to say thank you to PGI for consistently working to improve the game, and giving us events like this every month. I really enjoyed the Clan light mech Solaris event last week, and all the other Solaris events. I have never played faction play, but I'm excited to give it a try. Once again, thank you for the monthly free mech, regular 50% off sales, and events like faction play and Solaris. Keep up the good work!

#87 Lifeblight

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:43 AM

So you have an FP weekend...and start off with Clan V Clan....

#88 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 11:44 AM

View PostLifeblight, on 26 May 2023 - 11:43 AM, said:

So you have an FP weekend...and start off with Clan V Clan....

It started with IS vs Clan yesterday. Rasalhague vs Wolf.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 11:44 AM.

#89 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:16 PM

View PostPocketYoda, on 26 May 2023 - 05:48 AM, said:

Why is the Awesomes never on sale?

And sorry no rewards are going to entice me into faction play.. Nothing is worth being farmed like that.

Added Awesome to sale.

#90 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:19 PM

View Postthe check engine light, on 26 May 2023 - 11:44 AM, said:

It started with IS vs Clan yesterday. Rasalhague vs Wolf.

And will be IS vs IS tomorrow, and then end with IS vs Clan.

#91 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:42 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 25 May 2023 - 02:31 PM, said:

This is the first of what will now be monthly Faction Play events and corresponding sales, and ongoing investigations into what we can achieve in the way of updates and fixes to the game mode. This could include things like adjusting timers and Clan drop deck tonnage, continued adjustments to the maps, and more depending on desired changes and our resources available.

The monthly Faction Play events/sales will now be 2 weekends before each Patch, however this could be altered for larger events like Tukayyid etc.

The in-game rewards are bugged: the "Kill Clan/IS" counters show 0/(however many) regardless of how many kills you actually got, and you have to know to go to the webpage to redeem those specific rewards (and since those are the XP cockpit items, those are important ones to redeem). Anyone who only knows about the in-game event tally might wind up missing out on those two rewards.

#92 Mechwarrior2342356

• 2,106 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 01:45 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 26 May 2023 - 01:19 PM, said:

And will be IS vs IS tomorrow, and then end with IS vs Clan.

Well, guess I'll see if I can get in before or after my shifts. Likely after.

Edited by the check engine light, 26 May 2023 - 01:46 PM.

#93 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:02 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 26 May 2023 - 09:30 AM, said:

If FP is not your thing that is ok, you don't have to play, but there has been a dedicated segment of players who do enjoy it and we want to make sure we are making 1 event per month for them as well.

i just want to add on to something matt said here for the players new to factionplay. factionplay is the last mode i can play with in a group of my friends. us gnx guys dont habitually make 4 mans ang go pug stomping in quickplay. we make 12 mans and go stomping in fw. why is this different? because fw is where units and groups are supposed to play, and qp isnt. we arent out to stomp you or intentionally make the game less fun for you, but we arent gonna throw pillows at you either.

if your sick of getting stomped you are more than welcome to join us or another group. most faction units/groups would love to see someone expressing interest in the mode, and theyll take you into their group with no problem most of the time. i would encourage you to try grouping in fw with these fw regulars. they arent bad people, and you may find that you like group v group play as much as we do. i used to get stomped daily, for months at a time before i figured it out and got in a discord. it is doable, and well worth it.

#94 Tarzan of Barsoom

• PipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • Recruit
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:04 PM

Noticed that one of the drop zones for conquest on Tourmaline puts me on top of a wall that I take 2% damage dropping off of with non jump jet mechs. D3 or G3.

#95 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 02:43 PM

View Postw0qj, on 26 May 2023 - 06:08 AM, said:

(and MWO cannot keep up good rewards such as these all the time...)

Why not? Nothing special in those rewards.

#96 Oriffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:19 PM

Awesome, good to see some Faction play support.

That said, this event feels very short, like adding up all the damage needed its longer than the usual monthly challenges. And thats not even factoring in the extended wait times just to find a match.

Please consider either lengthen the events, or drastically cut down on the numbers we need to do. It quickly turns it from a fun event to a time-consuming slog that just oozes cheap freemium vibes.

#97 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 26 May 2023 - 03:39 PM

Tasks that can be completed overnight. Simple, I think. But I won't play.

#98 ForQAll

• Pip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:39 PM

Great Event! Glad to see FP get some attention and an attempt to bring more players I to it. I hope the data you get from it is put to good use.. I knew when I saw some of the slight tweaks to FP maps in the patch notes that something was planned.
However, the maps definitely need more love. Graphically and mechanically.

Would also love to see the FP stats posted more. Whether that's through the website here, or in game with the banners. Would be neat to actually get updates on how the faction war is going. Along with how long the season is etc, and when it's ending.

I think there should be a seasonal event in the tab for rewards that players can claim as well for playing faction war throughout the season, however long you have it last.

Players just need encouragement to get into FP.. rewards help!

Me personally, I'd love to see it where at start of each season when you log in and go to faction war, it makes you choose allegiance for the season. Clans, IS, or Merc.

Each faction gets rewards and at end of season there is a large reward, like MC for winning as the Clans or IS. In addition to the cosmetics and other fun stuff.

Mercs would not win for a faction.. but instead have bonuses to loot salvage and Cbills for playing. (And other stuff too) Mercs would be a great option for new players who maybe don't have a huge roster of tuned up mechs and want to make some money.. as true mercs do. Also for veterans who don't care about allegiance and don't want to commit, instead using there entire roster of mechs for whoever to get the lootz.

Just some thoughts and opinions!

#99 BLACKR0SE

• The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 26 May 2023 - 04:51 PM

No matter what they do, it won't be useful unless the login time is shortened.

I wish the war there never ends and the servers stay open continuously, allowing people to join whenever they want.

I don't understand why this game has to be so restrictive in every aspect.

Edited by TAMTAMBABY, 26 May 2023 - 05:01 PM.

#100 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 26 May 2023 - 05:05 PM

They still haven't fixed spawn camping in FP¨. So no event for me. Have fun being spawn camped or target shooting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users