#101 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

You sold me. Where do I apply to fight by your side? B)

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 28 July 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I believe this is false. If I remember correctly, the developers stated the Clans would be a playable faction in a podcast long ago.

As for all of the people wanting them to be PvE...

1st: Why do you want PvE in a game optimized and marketed for Multiplayer. Do you really want the devs to waste time and effort coding for AI? If you do not like Multiplayer, then MWO is not for you... emphasis on the ONLINE part of the name. I do not want to fight AI that is too dumb to realise when it is being flanked, or that basically cheats because AIs can aim-bot your CT on every shot if they so choose, such as the level 9 bots did in MW4: Mercs.

2nd: Why deny people who love the lore and story of the Clans access to their favorite factions? This is like making House Steiner an AI-only faction. Do you know how many people would lose their minds if that happened? I would estimate somewhere near half of this community consider themselves Clanners, for whatever reasons. Some of us like what our favorite Clan stands for, some like the lore, some love the 'Mechs, and some just plain do not like the Inner Sphere. I have absolutely no interest in any of the Great Houses, except for my desire to rend them to pieces.

I get that you Spheroids hate the Clans. Some of you are mad because "It ruined tabletop!" or due to the FRR being methodically reduced to a tiny little slice of almost nothing. If you hate us that much, then at least fight with competent warriors in our cockpits. I do not care if I have to fight a company with a single Star. I will still fight. So what if Clan 'Mechs are more powerful ton-for-ton compared to IS 'Mechs? You have the advantage of numbers. Team up. Use tactics. Because no, you should not expect to defeat a Clan 'Mech in a head-to-head battle. The people who try that are the ones who come here on the forums and whine about "OP Clan 'Mechs" and consistently troll the Clan section of the forum.

#102 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

This is also good news to Mercenaries who will (hopefully) be able to salvage these mechs after an engagement.

#103 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

View PostSakuranoSenshi, on 30 July 2012 - 04:17 PM, said:

No nice try need, please don't try and play stupid posturing games [snip]

Same can be said about you.

I have neither the time nor the patience and will either just insult your stupidity [snip]

High horse much?

You misunderstood what I said and attacked the resulting 'straw man', so I corrected your understanding above with more information. Give it up, already [snip]

So you are admitting you used a straw man argument then? *slow clap*

Maybe you should give it up, or you know, 'destroy' me like you said you would, that would be hard core man, really hard core.

Edited by Evinthal, 30 July 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#104 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 28 July 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

We had well over 100,000 registered on the forums before Closed Beta even launched. Millions more are going to play the game. Splitting the playerbase is not going to be an issue. And look at how many Mercenary Companies already exist, they are a faction of themselves with how many players have joined them.

Once again, I state that blocking access to the Clans will only alienate half the playerbase. In the BT universe, the only faction i care about to any extent is the Clans, particularly Clan Wolf. If the Clans came out as PvE content, I would not pay another cent into this game. And I believe a large number of people would take the same path.

This. They've got my Legendary Founder cash, which is what I was willing to drop just to support their decision to make a Battletech game; if they want another penny out of me, I'll need confirmation that the Clans will not be PVE. If they are, I'll probably still play MWO a bit, to get my mech fix now and then...but I'm not spending more cash on it.

EDIT: I missed Russ's post...disregard, unless you can tell me where to insert more money.

Edited by Aethon, 30 July 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#105 SakuranoSenshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

*sigh*

In order:

No, it can't. No. No, I called you on yours. You're just too stupid to understand properly but seem to think you come across as having a good grasp of logic and argument. You don't, you come across as someone with reading comprehension issues, an attitude problem and an ego that is out of proportion to your actual ability. Sorry. That's all I have to say on the matter and I wonder why you even made that last post when Russ settled the matter definitively, from your supposed original point.

#106 TyR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIL

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 30 July 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

I think we would need to be brain dead to not want to sell Mad Cats to players. We have design and balance issues to figure out but we will get it sorted so players can play as the clans

Thanks, Russ.

#107 Evinthal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 660 posts
  • LocationGig Harbor, Wa

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostSakuranoSenshi, on 30 July 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

*sigh*

In order:

No, it can't. No. No, I called you on yours. You're just too stupid to understand properly but seem to think you come across as having a good grasp of logic and argument. You don't, you come across as someone with reading comprehension issues, an attitude problem and an ego that is out of proportion to your actual ability. Sorry. That's all I have to say on the matter and I wonder why you even made that last post when Russ settled the matter definitively, from your supposed original point.

No, it is called a troll, sorry you missed it when it was pretty obvious.

Besides, if you don't know what they say about winning an internet argument, then I am sorry.

Edited by Evinthal, 30 July 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#108 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think we would need to be brain dead to not want to sell Mad Cats to players. We have design and balance issues to figure out but we will get it sorted so players can play as the clans

Thank you Russ for confirming for us. Always great to see the devs listening and responding to the community.

#109 Alaric Wolf Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAbove the charred corpse of your 'Mech.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

View PostVerdic Mckenna, on 30 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

You sold me. Where do I apply to fight by your side? B)

If you are serious, www.BlackWolves.enjin.com

View PostAethon, on 30 July 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

This. They've got my Legendary Founder cash, which is what I was willing to drop just to support their decision to make a Battletech game; if they want another penny out of me, I'll need confirmation that the Clans will not be PVE. If they are, I'll probably still play MWO a bit, to get my mech fix now and then...but I'm not spending more cash on it.

EDIT: I missed Russ's post...disregard, unless you can tell me where to insert more money.

Buy Legen.. oh wait you already did.... Uh... Russ? This man needs assistance spending more money!

#110 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

THANK YOU RUSS! Okay, since Russ did say this first, they would have to be brain dead to firstly not sell us Timber Wolves, and secondly, to by extension forsake the Clan Players <Canon Clans> we are not a minor aspect of the fan base, we are a huge chunk, and we do represent a huge impact on the bottom dollar or w/e the currency is called in Canada lol.

Edited by Rejarial Galatan, 30 July 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#111 OSCWolf

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

You all can be my bondmen
hehehehehe

#112 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostOSCWolf, on 30 July 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

hehehehehe

Oh I'll be your bondsman.

Edited by Enig, 30 July 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#113 JarheadEd

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostOSCWolf, on 30 July 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

hehehehehe

View PostEnig, on 30 July 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Oh I'll be your bondsman.

Quit making this sound like "50 Shades of Grey Death Legion"

#114 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Now the real question, what kind of money are you going to sell it for >.>

#115 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

few mill in C-bills id wager.

#116 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 30 July 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

few mill in C-bills id wager.

*would like to note he said what kind of money not how many moneys*

#117 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

alright then: C-Bills and MC. since, they do say: cannot buy tactical advantage, would wager this accomplishes this XD

#118 Morhadel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 28 July 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

you want a split in the player base? deny us Clan's as a faction, and watch as probably half the player base walks away. I may have dropped 60 bucks on this game already in support of PGI, but, this will be make or break for me. Deny us Clans as a faction, and watch me walk away. I have waited nearly 2 decades for a playable Clan faction since the expansion: Ghost Bear's Legacy. Enough is enough, this is the time to stop petting the ego's of the IS camp and unleash us Clanners.

Aff. I want my Dire Wolf, Blood Asp, or Black Lanner

Edited by Morhadel, 30 July 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#119 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl that we're getting clan mechs, even as an eventuality. Thank you Russ!

#120 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

View PostAlaric Wolf Kerensky, on 30 July 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

If you are serious, www.BlackWolves.enjin.com

Buy Legen.. oh wait you already did.... Uh... Russ? This man needs assistance spending more money!

My wallet is prepared for Operation Revival. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users