153 replies to this topic

#121 SteelPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostDesrtfox, on 07 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

Apparently it is just as hard as making a patch that doesn't break twice as many things as it fixes.

As a programmer, both things are actually fairly difficult in a complex product. It is, however, the job, so you figure it out.

#122 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 07 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

In CBT you would re-roll if you missed a location, however I know many vet's that "ignored" the re-roll rule because there was empty space there. [and Endo-steel/ferro armor add critical locations and negate the "re roll anyway, that was what made them superior internal structure and armor in addition to the weight savings... it gave the enemy extra locations to cause a crit and they got no re-roll]

Wrong. You re-roll crits for ES and FF slots, and if there are no criticals to hit in the location, the crits transfer to the next location. Battletech Master Rules, pgs 35-36, "Battlemech Critical Hits":

Each weapon and other piece of equipment fills at least one slot on the Critical Hit Table. If the player rolls damage for a slot for which there is no component; a slot that cannot take critical damage such as Endo Steel, CASE or Ferro-Fibrous; or a slot that has already taken a critical hit, he rolls both dice again.

Note that some weapons, double heat sinks, and other equipment take up multiple slots on the Critical Hit Table. A single critical hit disables any weapon or equipment except the engine, gyro, and sensors. Critical hits on additional slots occupied by the weapon, double heat sink, and so on only increase the difficulty in repairing the damaged equipment.

Transferring Criticals: If all possible slots in the damaged area took critical hits in previous phases, or if there were no items that could be affected by critical hits in the location in the first place, the critical hit transfers to the next location per the Damage Transfer DIagram. Critical Hits to the center torso and head do no transfer.

(for those not familiar with the Damage Transfer Diagram, damage transfers from the outside/extremities toward the center torso: Arm/Leg -> Side Torso -> Center Torso)

#123 paladin yst

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTerra Inner Sphere

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

That missile incoming thing is a godsend.

Best thing second only to premade griefers fix, aka match 1
And artemis, my mechs are blessed by artemis herself, praise artemis!

#124 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 07 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wrong. You re-roll crits for ES and FF slots, and if there are no criticals to hit in the location, the crits transfer to the next location. Battletech Master Rules, pgs 35-36, "Battlemech Critical Hits":

Correct. And Total Warfare didn't change this.

P 124: Each weapon and other piece of equipment fills at least one slot on the Critical Hit Table. If the player rolls damage for a slot for which no component exists; a slot that cannot take critical damage, such as endo steel, CASE or ferro-fibrous armor; or a slot that has already taken a critical hit, he rolls both dice again. (On pregenerated record sheets, the words in equipment slots that cannot take critical damage always appear more faint than the words in a critical slot filled with equipment that can take critical damage.)

Endo steel and FF slots do not take crits (neither does CASE, but we houseruled that because it made more sense to us that it was gone and now an ammo explosion would kill you dead, which seemed more fun, so we allowed CASE crits).

#125 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostSign, on 06 November 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I just saw the most absurd LRM thing happen.

I fired a volley of two LRM15 into an enemy. I lost the lock while they were mid-flight, and regained it as they were about to hit the ground, about an Atlas's height from the floor.

THE MISSILES ACTUALLY TURNED 180° IN THE AIR AND GAINED ALTITUDE AGAIN before dropping on the enemy mech's head. No Artemis whatsoever.

Something is seriously wrong with LRM trajectories.

this made me lol!

#126 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

View Postpaladin yst, on 07 November 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

Best thing second only to premade griefers fix, aka match 1
And artemis, my mechs are blessed by artemis herself, praise artemis!

That's hilarious haha Praise Artemis!

#127 Vila deVere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Double clicking on a group memeber's name opens a group chat window.

#128 Ice Naga

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostVila deVere, on 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Thats been in for a few patches now.

#129 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostVila deVere, on 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

That is a little known feature that has been around since i started closed beta. You can also double click on their name in the friends list and send them private messages!

#130 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

The critical system is kinda stupid* at the moment. They'll have to significantly reduce it.

* Edited for censorship

Edited by Butane9000, 07 November 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#131 Vila deVere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostKaelus, on 07 November 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

That is a little known feature that has been around since i started closed beta. You can also double click on their name in the friends list and send them private messages!

Huh.... who knew?

#132 Phemeto

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

For the ssrm explosions, it's actually the AMS. Another undocumented change is that AMS now shoot down streak missiles which makes ssrm2 useless on anything that uses an ams

#133 Comassion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostPhemeto, on 07 November 2012 - 11:22 AM, said:

For the ssrm explosions, it's actually the AMS. Another undocumented change is that AMS now shoot down streak missiles which makes ssrm2 useless on anything that uses an ams

AMS was shooting down SSRMs before the patch too, you just needed to be at least 100m or so away from the shooter for it to hit them. Don't know if it's more effective now or not, haven't played with streaks much.

#134 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostComassion, on 07 November 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

AMS was shooting down SSRMs before the patch too, you just needed to be at least 100m or so away from the shooter for it to hit them. Don't know if it's more effective now or not, haven't played with streaks much.

I wasn't aware of this, I never noticed it, but i could be wrong.

#135 Onyx Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, EARTH MK II

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

View PostComassion, on 07 November 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

I am hearing now they are getting shot down sometimes if you are within 40m... (which given the nerf, I think is bad, IF true)

To be fair I didn't notice much before, or now after the patch...but to also be fair, after the patch I wasn't looking for it...I was busy trying not to get LRM'd to death (Thank you Devs for the comming hotfix)...

Now please un-nerf streaks a bit. No misses, and if AMS is shooting them down when you are within 40m that may be to much of a nerf also.

Edited by Onyx Rain, 07 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#136 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

It's probably just my imagination but I think jam rate on UAC5 was decreased. Either that or I have been really lucky. In almost 10 games I've had only one or two jams. It used to jam every match.

Wonder if those could be confirmed, as I know a new version of the unjamming mini game is on the cards, so maybe as a temporary measure they changed the rate of jamming.

#137 akatrio

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

Thanks for organizing & maintaining the list of extra patch notes!

#138 Kaelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

View Postakatrio, on 07 November 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

Thanks for organizing & maintaining the list of extra patch notes!

Not a problem, I enjoy reading threads like this and felt like I should contribute a little. Maybe next patch I'll do the same if someone doesn't beat me too it. It just all depends on how many little things I notice that aren't documented. As it's always the unwritten patch notes I am most interested in.

#139 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

On Forest Colony Snow, there are certain areas of the map where you can shoot through the terrain and get stuck in the floor.

#140 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 08 November 2012 - 12:13 AM, said:

On Forest Colony Snow, there are certain areas of the map where you can shoot through the terrain and get stuck in the floor.

On that note, might as well include that parts of winter forest colony paths have been altered or made inaccessible. For instance the massive snow bank that blocks the patch next to the cave entrance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users