smurfy mechlab guide

1768 replies to this topic

#1761 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:25 AM

Yeah it's a shame. Anyway, I don't remember any changes to the PXH-2 since then. Thus would be interested in additional details.

#1762 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

View PostT e c h 4 9, on 17 November 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

First off: Thanks for building and maintaining Smurphy's Mechlab all these years!

I'm sure you are aware, but the current database is outdated. I noticed that a PXH-2 build with stealth armor and 5xMPL is not accurate compared to the in-game mechlab build. I can provide additional details if needed, but given the current state of the game I expect the site is not being maintained anymore.

I noticed the same exact issue on MechDB with the same PXH-2 build, so I'll let them know over there also.

More detail would be helpful for whoever picks up the gauntlet. I tried building a 6x MPulse Stealth PXH-2 on Smurfy and in MWO and didn't see any more than the usual differences between the two. (Smurfy has never displayed quirks in the mechlab. There is a separate Quirks section that lists the quirks, and there is no mention or list of Set-of-Eight quirks anywhere on the site).

#1763 Faustabor

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 04:37 AM

C-Large Pulse Laser has a damage of 13 and heat of 9 based on the data from within the game. Similarly, it says that the dps is 2.8 which doesn't check out given that even 12/3.2 is 3.75

#1764 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 25 April 2021 - 02:25 PM

Smurfy's hasn't been updating for a long time. I'm afraid the database has been abandoned. We should probably have it un-stickied.

#1765 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 26 April 2021 - 03:22 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 25 April 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

Smurfy's hasn't been updating for a long time. I'm afraid the database has been abandoned. We should probably have it un-stickied.

I thought his stuff was kind of linked live with MWO database?

#1766 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 05:47 AM

Nope

#1767 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostRhialto, on 26 April 2021 - 03:22 AM, said:

I thought his stuff was kind of linked live with MWO database?

It is, but it's not automated (sorry for the late response; I lost the notification in spam.) Smurfy would pull the files from MWO after every update - but with the site abandoned, there's nobody home to do that and keep things up to date.

#1768 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 21 May 2021 - 11:40 AM

It's sad, because Smurfy was a fixture for so long, and provided an easily-accessible overview of all the weapons in the game in one place. With Smurfy gone for going on three years now, I don't know of anyplace else that gives me an updated spreadsheet list of weapon stats like Smurfy did.

However, with the massive overhaul of weapons that just happened, Smurfy's Mechlab and database have become totally obsolete. I'm going to go ahead and report this thread for locking an de-stickying.

It is the end of an era.

#1769 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 03:31 AM

Since smurfy's mech lab is no longer updated this thread has been unpinned and locked.
Smurfy provided a great resource for the community for many years and also brought us the expanded layout in-game to more quickly build our mechs.

The current best replacement for smurfys mech lab is outlined in this thread

We thank smurfy for his brilliant website which will always be remembered.

Edited by Armchair General, 22 May 2021 - 03:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users