#61 Trantor

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 25 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I cant wait to get the Stalkers! :D

Since MPBT SOLARIS my favorite 85 ton Mech - btw. my favorite Assault Mech!

@Elkarlo

You are so right Mate. After so much years, I get a bit senile. :)

Edited by Trantor, 17 December 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#62 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

View PostTrantor, on 17 December 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

I cant wait to get the Stalkers! :)

Since MPBT SOLARIS my favorite 80 ton Mech - btw. my favorite Assault Mech!

Trantor have sad news for you. The Stalker is 85 Tons..

#63 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostGigastrike, on 17 December 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Aww, I was hoping for the PPC buff. Also, what's with taking participation rewards out of the game? Sure it'll kill botting, but games should be pretty all or nothing now.

Presumably more rewards for your actual actions to go with the reduction in 'showing up' rewards. Even if you lose you should still score some damage and assists.

PPCs will get a velocity buff (as part of the overall velocity adjustments for all ballistic weapons).

Seperate buffs for "large energy weapons" (pertaining to heat/damage) are under consideration but are not scheduled for this patch.

#64 xRaeder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 17 December 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

"Sit and Defend" as a game mode. That would be very popular for the Assault Pilots for sure. Let me guess. Your a Light/ Medium driver right?

You act as if it will be a static field with a 20km map. None of the BF3 or MW:LL maps I've played at have been that way. You also act as if someone won't do an end run around the front lines and attack the back bases. Happens all the time in other games with larger maps sizes.

#65 Buso Senshi Zelazny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts
  • LocationUpstate New York, USA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Here is a link from the Command Chair on the Cadet bonus
http://mwomercs.com/...43#entry1616343

Discuss

#66 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

View PostBuso Senshi Zelazny, on 17 December 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Here is a link from the Command Chair on the Cadet bonus
http://mwomercs.com/...43#entry1616343

Discuss

Sounds nice, almost a bit too nice but hey i am sure their financial department have done some serious counting on this. Apart from that it sounds like a fair deal and should alleviate most of the grind complaints. Also i will be enjoying my free C-Bills. Curious to see how the new match reward system plays out.

#67 uebersoldat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

lol I see faust is still trolling up these forums.

My question is when are we going to salvage actual weapons and chassis parts vs just c-bills? :)

Nice eco changes PGI, can we add the rest of Carole's voicework now and fix the existing bugs with her in-game bits?

#68 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • Leftenant Colonel
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 December 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Which is very unfortunate for anyone who has started very recently but has not yet amassed a large amount of c-bills- such as anyone who has playes 30-40 matches. It would actually be better to drop your account and start over again if you've played 26 or more matches but have nto yet bought your first mech(and if the person has bought MC, they'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place)

A flat-rate payout to existing accounts with more than 25 matches would be ideal, retroactively giving them what they would have earned.

Actually, if you have more than 25 matches already you get a one time bonus of 8 milish.

#69 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

View PostStone Profit, on 17 December 2012 - 10:50 AM, said:

Actually, if you have more than 25 matches already you get a one time bonus of 8 milish.

note the timestamp- That comment is from four hours before the new announcement. :)

#70 Gif

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Always a good and informative thread, especially last two weeks, lots of changes coming!! Thanks Red.

#71 Mechwarrior0311

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

I have a feeling the Stalker is going to be brutal... can we fit 6 medium pulse and 4 SRM 6 in it?

#72 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

View PostMechwarrior0311, on 17 December 2012 - 11:35 AM, said:

I have a feeling the Stalker is going to be brutal... can we fit 6 medium pulse and 4 SRM 6 in it?

I'm pretty sure you could, but sufficient tonnage for sufficient heatsinks would be another problem.

#73 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 December 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

I'm pretty sure you could, but sufficient tonnage for sufficient heatsinks would be another problem.

I think critslots will be more needed than tonage with this setup

#74 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 17 December 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

I think critslots will be more needed than tonage with this setup

There is tons of room for 6x MPLAS and 4x SRM6(these take up approximately the same crits as most STK's stock weaponry anyway) but I have no idea how many heatsinks would be required to operate such a build effectively (noting that crit slots for DHS would be an issue)

#75 ulziel

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

So people get 100% boost and xp for trial mechs. Is that a boost to that chassis or to gxp where's they can use it. Is this 100% for any one or just new cadets. As from your math it's almost your making farmers(die) ok but will this impact with no RNR a LRM boat with Artemis, and modules cheaper to use round to round. Where is the money sink? I don't want to play a game that is diverse to see it merged so badly where thinking is out the door.

#76 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

View Postulziel, on 17 December 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

So people get 100% boost and xp for trial mechs. Is that a boost to that chassis or to gxp where's they can use it. Is this 100% for any one or just new cadets. As from your math it's almost your making farmers(die) ok but will this impact with no RNR a LRM boat with Artemis, and modules cheaper to use round to round. Where is the money sink? I don't want to play a game that is diverse to see it merged so badly where thinking is out the door.

Not actually a "boost", but it seems to indicate that trial mechs gain the same payout as non-trial mechs (previously 80% of normal payout). Additionally they seem ti indicate trial mechs will gain XP then same as normal mechs, so only a tiny portion of it will be GXP. (but fi you buy the same chassis as a trial, you'll have XP there waiting for you)

It's unclear if we'll be able to spend the XP to upgrade efficiencies on trial mechs or not.

#77 ulziel

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

They are trial me us for a reason. You see what you like and blah blah. I don't think it's fair that people can use them to generate the same amount of revenue as existing players can who have bought their mechs. I understand but it's just also a digg to non founders that had to work and get theirs or the grinders. A increase to 100% fine I get that but no xp. It should not be that easy or if it was Xp and cash where your debited the money needs for that mech chasie I'm ok with that kind of idea.

#78 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Isn't a pitchblack / nightvision required map variant going in as well?

#79 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

i just sold my xl engine 2 days ago because the repair bill was so expensive, now your telling me there is no RnR???

#80 ulziel

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

View PostKing Arthur IV, on 17 December 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

i just sold my xl engine 2 days ago because the repair bill was so expensive, now your telling me there is no RnR???

You used XLs in your mechs alot. Herm don't think you know how to use standards and not XLs all the time. It's a choice not a necessit to use a XL. Alsowe don't know if RNR will come back at any point who knows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users