High-End User.cfg File

372 replies to this topic

#161 Ellenai

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 54 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Pls paste ATI attributes.xml .. and what i need to do to improove some colors .. after few patches i cant see a sh*t in distance.

#162 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

no user.cfg for now.

#163 BrisketBlazer

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 14 November 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

no user.cfg for now.

It works as of 21 nov 2013.

#164 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostPrototypeM5, on 21 November 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

It works as of 21 nov 2013.

Setting attributes.xml to 0 reset the entire attributes.xml file, wiping all keybinds & config settings from graphics without giving options for this.

Be careful, and backup your attributes.xml first before attempting user.cfg changes.

#165 BrisketBlazer

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 November 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Setting attributes.xml to 0 reset the entire attributes.xml file, wiping all keybinds & config settings from graphics without giving options for this.

Be careful, and backup your attributes.xml first before attempting user.cfg changes.

I dont know anything about that. I just mean that user.cfg works.

I reinstalled the game yesterday because the patch update didnt work for me. I then put a user.cfg file in Mechwarrior folder and the settings applied.

#166 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Anyone else got their game darker after last patch?

#167 Edge28

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 04 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Much darker. 'Crisper' or something too though.

#168 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

Fixed things a bit by bumping gamma from 0.5 to 0.7. Any thoughts on what they did with graphic settings? Any way to revert things without touching gamma?

#169 Yazleb

• PipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 21 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 04 December 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

yea i feel like the game's visuals have been crushed, I love this gfx mod and now its been taken away from me ;) :blink: I will try the gamma adjust now. Otherwise i will see what other people come up with.

Btw I cant find this mod on Terra's website anymore.

#170 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

The user.cfg package has been updated for both high and low end specs.

link to the new file is here

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 23 January 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#171 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for all of the work, I'll try these tonight.

#172 FlareHeart Devalis

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between yesterday and my destiny.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:43 AM

These files contain information and steps for removing the film grain effect, does that still work? I had heard the capability to disable film grain had been removed.

#173 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

I heard people could use the user.cfg to see further with heatvision. If this is true, its cheating...

#174 T0rmented

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 317 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostRichAC, on 23 January 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

I heard people could use the user.cfg to see further with heatvision. If this is true, its cheating...

I heard that if you wish really really hard you get $1million and a p o r n star to service you!

Test the .cfg

dont spread rumours

Edited by T0rmented, 23 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#175 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostT0rmented, on 23 January 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

I heard that if you wish really really hard you get $1million and a p o r n star to service you!

Test the .cfg

dont spread rumours

I'm assuming you think its not possible? Is that what your saying here?

#176 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

View PostRichAC, on 23 January 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

ok I'm going to stop this right here. PGI is well aware of what exactly my cfg files do, and knows what is in the package. nothing in the provided package is against the TOS, and if there is a problem, PGI will tell me and the files will be removed.

You are free to use them or not. nothing in the files is any better than what you can achieve with the ingame sliders for visibility, and the only thing the settings do is optimize the various settings for users to up FPS somewhat or improve visual quality in general.

You can not see mechs further, or better.

If you have "issues" or you disagree, then please email support@mwomercs.com .

#177 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 23 January 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

ok I'm going to stop this right here. PGI is well aware of what exactly my cfg files do, and knows what is in the package. nothing in the provided package is against the TOS, and if there is a problem, PGI will tell me and the files will be removed.

You are free to use them or not. nothing in the files is any better than what you can achieve with the ingame sliders for visibility, and the only thing the settings do is optimize the various settings for users to up FPS somewhat or improve visual quality in general.

You can not see mechs further, or better.

If you have "issues" or you disagree, then please email support@mwomercs.com .

I'm just sincerelyl asking if its possibe. The fact it seems people are so offended and giving me hostile replies makes me wonder though.

I'm not implying anything is in your package. I overheard a player in my unit, that I just quit today, telling another player that it is possible to increase heatvision distance with a user.cfg file. And i'm just sincerely curious if this is possible.

He says he found it on the forums and i was calling him a cheater. Especially since PGI limited the view to ensure more fair play and prevnt abuse of heatvision.

I quit the unit because they all sync drop all the time which I also think is cheating.
He feels it is not cheating, because PGI allows for users to edit the user.cfg file in the first place. I say hes wrong. What are your thoughts on this?

Maybe I should have a made a seperate thread instead of posting in here. My apologies.

Edited by RichAC, 23 January 2014 - 07:55 PM.

#178 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

Yeah RichAC, I just dont feel that we need to clutter this thread with a debate over this.

heatvision increases & other adjustments that violate the TOS if they even still work (unlikely) will hopefully get locked by PGI soon enough.

Nothing in these files is a problem, and if it is then it will be adjusted accordingly.

#179 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:14 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 23 January 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

Yeah RichAC, I just dont feel that we need to clutter this thread with a debate over this.

heatvision increases & other adjustments that violate the TOS if they even still work (unlikely) will hopefully get locked by PGI soon enough.

Nothing in these files is a problem, and if it is then it will be adjusted accordingly.

well that kind of answered my question. Nothing to do with you bud, you seem like an honest guy. I just want to make sure i wasn't overreacting on this kid on the heatvision increase. Thanks for confirming its illegal though, and thanks for helping out people with low end pc's. Definitely nothing wrong with lowering effects for better fps.

Have a good day.

#180 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:52 AM

hi Colonel Pada Vinson,

I installed the files last night and used the 5_ultra_high cfg. it worked very well was getting an average of 50fps on my system. one suggestion though regarding the instructions in the " readme_first" doc.

it says

STEP 1 - """Config""" - THIS FOLDER ENABLES ACTIVATION OF USER.CFG FILE CUSTOM COMMANDS. - MUST BE COPY & PASTED INTO C:\GAMES\PIRANHA GAMES\MECHWARRIOR ONLINE\ENGINE\ FOLDER. OBVIOUSLY REPLACE C: ETC WITH THE LOCATION OF YOUR MWO FOLDER.

i would suggest that you add that you need to copy the CVarGroups_MWO folder to the appropriate location,same deal with step 2. unless I'm wrong and I was suppose to copy the individual files to the specific location? I think this would help the less tech savy people.

Thanks again for all of the work.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users