what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#161 Siebzhen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

LOCKBOXES!!!

So much controversey over Lockboxes in most F2P's as well as legal issues with some countrys.

For those that dont know what they are. you would get them as loot. And you have to buy a key for them in the cash shop for a chance at something. The actuall odd's of getting something actually worth while are so low.
Some country's consider it to be Gambleing where the house allways wins so there have been some laws passed about it (not in the US yet).

#162 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

You can always tell the health of a game, (whether it will shut down its servers soon) by the amount of p2win content it releases.

#163 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

pay 2 win, will not happen, the developers said, and this is paraphrasing as I do not remember how they directly said it: this game is not about buying your advantages, since we will not have that in game, it is more about pilot skill. one of our core pillars is not selling tactical advantages.' something like that, but my point and theirs is the same.

#164 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostSiebzhen, on 26 May 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

LOCKBOXES!!!

So much controversey over Lockboxes in most F2P's as well as legal issues with some countrys.

For those that dont know what they are. you would get them as loot. And you have to buy a key for them in the cash shop for a chance at something. The actuall odd's of getting something actually worth while are so low.
Some country's consider it to be Gambleing where the house allways wins so there have been some laws passed about it (not in the US yet).

Pretty much never gonna be passed in the US or Canada.

/hats.

#165 Rhodes

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

People should be playing in teams! yes!

MW4 which was AGES ago had a simple chat box that when used worked well. If death is penalized and talent is rewarded correctly, people will want to stay teamed up! A jump sniper is easy enough. When he pops, he only fires once, but a team fires back multiple times. I used to be in a competitive clan in MW4 and jump sniping will LL boats was common, and was dealt with just as commonly. We used headsets which are pretty ubiquitous now with the modern console gamers now.

While i don't want to see boats, I don't want to see needless restrictions because team play isn't properly motivated.

#166 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:50 PM

Rhodes: you will see boats, it cannot be avoided. Missile Boats? we already got a few, same with energy boats. Gonna happen, unavoidable, and I am a boater myself. just sayin.

#167 chaz706

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Utah

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

View PostPook600, on 26 May 2012 - 06:32 AM, said:

Goonswarm...

oh dear lord Goonswarm. Never mention them again!

LOCKBOXES!!!

This is why I no longer play TF2.

Edited by chaz706, 26 May 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#168 Rhodes

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

I agree. There's nothing like raining down 4 LRM20's. I myself was a common 3ERLL cougar pilot. I just want to see something like mektek did when they took over MW4. Laser boats were penalized more, and overheated a lot easier. Made it a little more interesting! But with ammo, repairs, and all that I hope to see, I have faith (and hope) that boating will be harder to work.

#169 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

MW4...<shudder> while, i use it in instant action to test theories for myself, i still dont think it was a good game, even 10 years ago.

#170 Easy 8

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

Since it's limited to one choice- Hackers...if you're not good enough to play within the rules, then just stay out. I hopw if this issue does arise, it is dealt with by the Admins. And dealt with ruthlessly, like deleting the offender's account.

#171 Rhodes

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:57 PM

It got me interested in mechwarrior. Even read a few books. Game was good enough :D

#172 Hardac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

LOCKBOXES!!!

I'm totally fine with lockboxes (and I play STO and CO sometimes) If people want to gamble away their money on some keys for a chance to get a random drop on some vanity item; I say let them.

I only get annoyed with them when they continously drop during a game and I forgot to switch auto loot off.

#173 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostEasy 8, on 26 May 2012 - 10:57 PM, said:

Since it's limited to one choice- Hackers...if you're not good enough to play within the rules, then just stay out. I hopw if this issue does arise, it is dealt with by the Admins. And dealt with ruthlessly, like deleting the offender's account.

deleting the account in a P2Play works, but not in a F2P, get new email, new account, and voila, back in, back hacking...

#174 Voiddog

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

Elves I don't want to see any pointy eared skinny tree hugging Elves in the game :D

#175 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

NCIS's Timothy McGee, the Elf Lord: is not pleased.

#176 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 26 May 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Convergence will just mean that people will put all the med lasers in one spot (e.g. side torsos) so they don't have to deal with convergence. Convergence literally does nothing but slow down aiming from different points of a mech, and encourages people to mass as much weapons in one point as possible to avoid the convergence delay.

There's a critical problem with putting all your weapons in one location. I'd tell you, but I think I'll let you figure it out. =P

#177 Stalag

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 May 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

I direct your attention to a key thing. They FLOODED the blast areas and still DO with water. what is this if not a gigantic COOLANT flush to keep the pad from burning up as millions of pounds of thrust slam into the launch pad.

The pads were flooded with water not for heat issues but to dampen the tremendous sonic vibrations. "A sound suppression system was installed on the pads and the mobile launcher platform to protect the orbiter and its payloads from being damaged by acoustical energy reflected from the platform during liftoff."

http://www.nasa.gov/...ion-system.html

Sorry, Stalag

#178 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

View PostStalag, on 26 May 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

The pads were flooded with water not for heat issues but to dampen the tremendous sonic vibrations. "A sound suppression system was installed on the pads and the mobile launcher platform to protect the orbiter and its payloads from being damaged by acoustical energy reflected from the platform during liftoff."

http://www.nasa.gov/...ion-system.html

Sorry, Stalag

You're trying to reason with the unreasonable. Rej doesn't care about your silly facts and logic. He's right and that's all there is to it.

#179 Hyperius

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 26 May 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

According to this logic, the US army should be terribly ineffective because they have a standardised MBT, a standardised rifle, standardised body armor, etc...

The lances are already standardised according to roles, the problem is you get so many different chassises that do basically the same thing but all of them require different parts to maintain.

If you want a lance of heavy missle boats, you should standardised on a certain design, not have 4 or more different designs that are all basically LRMs + lasers. But we have so many designs because it's a game that follows the rule of cool rather than logic.

That's why I asked if you were referring to lance roles as a whole rather than individual roles.

That would also make a pretty boring game too. Part of the fun of MechWarrior is the variety of chassis and variants. There is such a thing as too much realism and there is no reason to sacrifice fun because "that's how it is in real life". For example, in real life you can only die once but in most games that isn't fun, so it's not included.

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 May 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

deleting the account in a P2Play works, but not in a F2P, get new email, new account, and voila, back in, back hacking...

Well I suppose you could try to block IP adresses but people can get around that too without much more difficulty.

#180 Thanatos1973

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

OK, if you remember, the coolant flush in MW3/4 was limited, you could only do it 2 or 3 times.and it drained your available coolant. The only flaw I see, is the cooling system ran the same if it was full or empty. To fix this, instead of removing the coolant flush, why not have the level determin the effectiveness of the system, 50% coolant, 50% cooling. Then, if you run out of coolant, you had better be encased in a glacier when you fire off that ERPPC. :D

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users