what one thing do you not want to see in MWO?

949 replies to this topic

#241 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

i honestly do not care for MW4. and since petersen has the tendency to read what he wants when i say ANYTHING, i return the favor by listing the items themselves. <sits back and watches, points to the left at the torches and the fuel, then to the right to the pitchforks>

#242 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

So you can't find any then, good to know they weren't used in production models for decades.

Edited by Sporkosophy, 27 May 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#243 Belisarius1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

Cone of fire.

#244 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

lets line this up the correct way: some of you hate the idea of coolant flushing in ANY form, some are indifferent, some, like me, think its a beautiful idea if done right, and mw4 didnt do it right, period. get off my back for my views, i dont hate on those who think its a dumb idea, and im getting sick of ppl hating on a system that is just as valid as any other and hating on me for saying it should be there.

#245 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

I'm hardly hating on you for proposing a system I myself find a meaningless waste of the developers time, at best. It was optional rules for a reason. I'd rather they pumped out an extra mech then spend time on it; and I have not seen any good arguments to the contrary. Obviously, you have yet to provide the requested information, it would certainly lend your argument weight.

#246 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 May 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

lets line this up the correct way: some of you hate the idea of coolant flushing in ANY form, some are indifferent, some, like me, think its a beautiful idea if done right, and mw4 didnt do it right, period. get off my back for my views, i dont hate on those who think its a dumb idea, and im getting sick of ppl hating on a system that is just as valid as any other and hating on me for saying it should be there.

Posted Image
Picard and Riker at the idea of 'coolant flush'

Am I doing it right, Rej?

#247 Tyrfing

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

The Mauler

#248 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostTyrfing, on 27 May 2012 - 10:13 PM, said:

The Mauler

*** the mauler is awesome, at least as awesome as the awesome, if not more awesome.

twin lbx 20s, dual srm 6s, 4 small pulse lasers = rawr! not too mention the dual gauss rifle dual lrm 20 dual large lasers build.

#249 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:17 PM

wasnt naming you specifically Spork. It is a valid system worthy of consideration no matter what the haters of the system think. No one says they MUST use it if its included, nor have I ever said it is akin to unlimited energy weapons fire time, nor have I ever said it should be able to be used for more than 2-3 seconds in any given match IF its in the game. What I dont get is why everyone sees: coolant flush and automatically seem to think: easy button, cop out, or some other disparaging comment towards it. Then, when it DOES come into meaningful debate on the physics of it, they <those who rail against its inclusion to the game> fail to take note, that by applying 2012 physics to it, they MUST apply the same to the fusion reactions. Seeing as we cant even make Nuclear Plant sized fusion reactors given technology/physics today, then the fusion reactors are not possible either.

BUT, who is to say that there isnt in the BTU some system that works along side a coolant flush type system to prevent the 2012 physics issues ppl use to say it should not be in game? pitchforks to my right, torches and fuel to my left.

you honor me petersen with images of Picard and Riker. Thank you.

#250 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 27 May 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

BUT, who is to say that there isnt in the BTU some system that works along side a coolant flush type system to prevent the 2012 physics issues ppl use to say it should not be in game? pitchforks to my right, torches and fuel to my left.

Well, looking at Sarna it appears coolant flush would still present some technical challenges. From http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Coolant_Pod:

Virtually a self-contained emergency Coolant Truck, the Coolant Pod contain a reserve of compressed freon which can be flushed directly into the attached 'Mechs coolant system, boosting the effectiveness of each Single heat sinks by 200% and each Double Heat Sinks by 150% for 10 seconds.

The experimental coolant pods are under development among all the Inner Sphere and Clans factions, examples produced by the NAIS "Project Power Flush" are functionally identical to prototypes developed by the Scientist Castes on the Clan Homeworlds, but all have been so far unable to overcome the disadvantages of what makes them work so well and so fast: pressurized coolant.

Coolant pods are highly susceptible to weapon fire, a fully pressurized pod will rupture and cause internal damage in the same manner of an ammunition explosion if struck. To avoid over-pressurizing and damaging the coolant systems of the equipped 'Mech, for safety reasons only one pod can be engaged at a time, though multiple pods can be carried. The violent release of coolant is damaging enough to the strained cooling systems of BattleMechs, the fragile modular coolant systems aboard OmniMechs consistently fail under the strain despite years of research by the Clans.

#251 Charles223

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

I do not want to see a particular weapon always used, a ton of weapons that are balanced would make me soooo happy

#252 Sir Aaron

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

Team forcefully split up after every round played. If i find a good team i want to stay with it. Not being kicked out to the start screen after every turn even if it was just a random game.
No way to find out with whom i have played in the last round. In the hight of battel i might have not read the names right so it would be nice to have the list similar to steam where you can see with whom you played the last rounds.

#253 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

i think matches could in theory work like BF3, where once your in a server with a given team, you stay with them until either they all leave <en mass or 1 by one> or you leave. would speed up map rotations and what not.

#254 Artreides

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

don't want fixed targeting ret, MW3 had a moveable target reticual mw4 went flashy arcade with microsoft input required a MS sidewinder joystick to play. Fixed target meaning u have to move the torso to target totally unrealistic as the arms on a mech can move independant of the the torso. You should be able to have a targeting ret inside your current field of view.

do want also terran having effect on mech. ie in water you cool faster in trees or under a bridge you are obscured by radar.

OP builds are un avoidable but inevitable

#255 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

MW4 got 20% more fun when I mapped over the coolent flush key with another command, and never found another letter for it. Keeping heat a real threat is awesome. :huh:

#256 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:36 PM

This is easy

Posted Image

#257 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 27 May 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

This is easy

Posted Image

Cannot...un...see... @_@

#258 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

View PostArtreides, on 27 May 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

don't want fixed targeting ret, MW3 had a moveable target reticual mw4 went flashy arcade with microsoft input required a MS sidewinder joystick to play. Fixed target meaning u have to move the torso to target totally unrealistic as the arms on a mech can move independant of the the torso. You should be able to have a targeting ret inside your current field of view.

do want also terran having effect on mech. ie in water you cool faster in trees or under a bridge you are obscured by radar.

OP builds are un avoidable but inevitable

well, if iirc, one reticule IS fixed, namely for fixed mounted weapons on the torso sections as well as the 'shoulder' mounted ones, the moving reticule is for the arm mounted weapons.

#259 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Seems like everyone has different views, the hardcore gamers are against the TT'ers and the Novelists are against anything the gamers say while TT hates everyone. The new people to the universe are getting really confused, and the people that fall under all three are practicly screaming at everyone.

In terms of Canocity, the Novels win over, but you must realize that no body reads anymore.

#260 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 27 May 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Seems like everyone has different views, the hardcore gamers are against the TT'ers and the Novelists are against anything the gamers say while TT hates everyone. The new people to the universe are getting really confused, and the people that fall under all three are practicly screaming at everyone.

In terms of Canocity, the Novels win over, but you must realize that no body reads anymore.

No sir. TT Canon > Novel Fluff. The novel writers couldn't even agree on hues for lasers, for Pete's sake! (/ShamelessSelfPromotion)

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users