The Best Of Trebuchet Builds

157 replies to this topic

#81 Spiketail Drake

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...347ff5d65496a49

A near stock/canon Starslayer STY-3C, pretend the SRM4 is in the LT and 1 LL in the RT.

#82 JingleHell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

I'm just running a weird little Trebuchet. 5N, with Endo and XL300, SRM6 in the left arm, with 3 tons of ammo, and 2 Large Laser in the right, 15 DHS. Paperdoll heat efficiency is 1.4, which is fairly respectable.

Mind you, this is a flanker build, and only works to full potential when you're dropping premade. Don't have speed tweak on it, so only 97.2 KPH right now, with a 30 Alpha.

Only run this if you want to be either flanking, or peeling lights off your bigger guys.

#83 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Dude that AC20 build is AWESOME! I was ready to give up in the Treb until I read your load out post and followed it to a tee except the 10 double heat sinks. I don't have enough cash but the regular heat sinks seem to do fine. THANK YOU for the load outs! :lol: :) B) :rolleyes: B)

#84 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

TBT-5N Brawler

The 5N isn't your first choice for a brawler mech, but I've had tons of success with this build.

Endo
Standard Armour
4 ML
2 SRM 6 + Artemis
3 tons of ammo
15 DHS
XL 270

Max armour and 44 alpha. There's also some free tonnage, so you can squeeze on a bit bigger engine without having to sacrifice armour or firepower. Artemis gives you much better SRM grouping, which is perfect for that core shot once you've closed in with the MLs.

I've also got a more traditional LRM build.

2 LRM 10s + Artemis
4 ML
13 DHS
5 tons of LRM ammo
XL 270
320 points standard armour

I trimmed the armour slightly to get one more heat sink, but you can bombard all day and still run cool. There's no free tonnage though.

EDIT: Yeah, that 7K build sucked, so I'm taking it off.

Edited by TripleEhBeef, 17 August 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#85 BullFrogOnNet

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostTripleEhBeef, on 26 July 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

TBT-5N Brawler

The 5N isn't your first choice for a brawler mech, but I've had tons of success with this build.

Endo
Standard Armour
4 ML
2 SRM 6 + Artemis
3 tons of ammo
15 DHS
XL 270

I like the 5N for a brawler too. Right now I am running with 4 ML and 2 SSRM 2s but it under preforms cause I don't have enough c-bills to make what I really want. But yes the Artemis with brawling mech is a must. I just have switched that I think the 5J is a much better brawler and we can get more speed and jumpjets out of it.

TBT-5J

I am in the process of grinding for this build I think will work really well with team play following the lights. I have seen some Jenners using 2 LL to very good effect on heavy/assault's back plates and crippling lights/mediums as well. Just a Treb-5J also gives you that tight group of 6 missiles too. Just my two cents.

Edited by BullFrogOnNet, 29 July 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#86 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

So far I haven't done a ton of experimenting for lack of c-bills I'm still just buying mechs primarily to see what I like. Buying the 3c really cleaned me out but it was worth getting the all-purpose xl300.

TBT 3c "Scrotacular"; Endo, 4mplas, 2srm6, xl300, Artemis, 2 tons of srm ammo, 14 DHS, 320 armor. Runs a little hot at 1.21, you could nix artemis and go up to 16DHS and get your heat eff up around 1.28-1.3. Run coolshot on it.

TBT 5J "Superscrotan"; Endo, 5mplas, 1 srm6, 1 ton of ammo, 17DHS, xl 300, 3 JJ, 304 armor. Run coolshot also. You could also sub out 1 DHS and gain 1 ton of srm ammo. Or at least thats what I do. I suppose you could leave the heatsink and sacrifice 1 jj and a half ton of armor to get the extra ammo also but that hurts your survivability and manueverability imo, I'd rather just manage the heat.

I like mplas. These builds arent terribly versatile but you will wreck **** at close range. Be careful on hot maps though, thats where you use your coolshots, I don't buy and use them EVERY round or that would really slow my c-bill saving process. Though right now it seems all I get is hot maps so I've taken a break and gone with my Dragon or Jenner until the game gets off its Terra Therma kick.

Alright so I need some help here: With the stupid c-bill nerf, I am in a tough spot. I need 1 more treb variant to begin to elite and master them. I have 4.2 mil c-bills. I really like JJ capable mechs so the 7m sounds cool but is another 3.5 mil c-bills away (not including upgrade costs). I could buy the 7k now and only be about 1.2-2.0 mil c-bills away from building it however I want, I also like the idea of 2 ballistic slots. But it has no JJ. But I also want to be saving for another Dragon variant or a Quickdraw. Can't make up my mind other than that I know I don't want a 5N, its just another 3c without all the fancy stuff on it.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 08 August 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#87 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostScrotacus 42, on 08 August 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Alright so I need some help here: With the stupid c-bill nerf, I am in a tough spot. I need 1 more treb variant to begin to elite and master them. I have 4.2 mil c-bills. I really like JJ capable mechs so the 7m sounds cool but is another 3.5 mil c-bills away (not including upgrade costs). I could buy the 7k now and only be about 1.2-2.0 mil c-bills away from building it however I want, I also like the idea of 2 ballistic slots. But it has no JJ. But I also want to be saving for another Dragon variant or a Quickdraw. Can't make up my mind other than that I know I don't want a 5N, its just another 3c without all the fancy stuff on it.

I own the 3C, 7M, and 5J, varients and I'd have to say go with the 7M, I've been considering getting the 7K just to try out the ac20 build, but haven't felt like spending the total of 12+ million c-bills that is required to purchase and fully outfit it.

My 7M has 2 large lasers and 2 SRM6's+artemis with 1.34 efficiency going 81 pre-tweak, full armor and 4/5 JJ's. He's a beast.

#88 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:17 AM

Wait how would a 7k cost 12 mil c-bills to buy and outfit? The 7m is the one thats 7.6mil + whatever weapons and stuff you gotta buy. The 7k costs 3.8+ 2 mil for endo and DHS+whatever weapons I want. Either variant I get I'm just gonna swap my xl300 or 280 around, not gonna buy another engine unless its a xl 325 so I can use it in my heavier mechs I want to get. xl 250 that comes with the 7m is too slow for my tastes.

#89 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:24 AM

So is it just the crappy way I pilot or does the Treb get caught up on things easy?

Next Why take the Trebuchet over the Hunchback?

#90 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Yea the cost of a new engine is what bumps the cost up to over 12. I don't like to swap engines, then I just get confused as to where my engine for such and such mech is. I like to have each of my mechs battle ready at all times. And I don't notice Trebs getting hung up on stuff, not as much as heavier mechs. Personally I think the Treb can out perform a Hunchie any day because of it's agility combined with jump jets and usually formidable firepower. It is a pretty weak mech that can be taken down rather easily, but that's why I use tactics that lighter mechs typically utilize to stay alive while delivering substantial damage. It's not uncommon for me to get 3 kills and 400+ damage in any of my varients.

#91 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5189cfa77c9f06d

Fast, mobile, and with alternating the 2 guns surprisingly hard-hitting.

Edited by John McFianna, 09 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#92 BullFrogOnNet

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:13 AM

This 7K is an awesome mech once I found the build to use for it. You have fire power plus still able to keep your speed up. I was using the a/c 20 build and it was fun but for the most part the speed was just way to slow. With a GR +40 ammo I get way more dmg out per match and am able to do everything.

TBT-7K

Edited by BullFrogOnNet, 15 August 2013 - 05:13 AM.

#93 VezRoth

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

View PostBullFrogOnNet, on 15 August 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

This 7K is an awesome mech once I found the build to use for it. You have fire power plus still able to keep your speed up. I was using the a/c 20 build and it was fun but for the most part the speed was just way to slow. With a GR +40 ammo I get way more dmg out per match and am able to do everything.

TBT-7K

Can you give a loadout list, similar to how OP did it? I can't make heads or tails out of your set up there.

Right now I'm trying to build into the OP's 7K build for my French Throw and I'm having issues getting enough wins to get the money. The AC 20 though is definitely making my match damage go up and quick.

Alternatively! For OP's build, could I switch out the 200 Standard Engine for a 240 XL? It'll be a LOT more expensive, but I'd save .5 tons and get a bit more speed from it... wouldn't I?

#94 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostVezRoth, on 17 August 2013 - 01:22 AM, said:

Can you give a loadout list, similar to how OP did it? I can't make heads or tails out of your set up there.

Right now I'm trying to build into the OP's 7K build for my French Throw and I'm having issues getting enough wins to get the money. The AC 20 though is definitely making my match damage go up and quick.

Alternatively! For OP's build, could I switch out the 200 Standard Engine for a 240 XL? It'll be a LOT more expensive, but I'd save .5 tons and get a bit more speed from it... wouldn't I?

You cannot fit an AC20 in the side torso with an XL engine. XLs take up 6 extra slots, 3 in each of the left and right side torsos. Also, if you can't make sense of smurfy... how are you using the in-game mechlab? They're almost identical...

Regardless, I'll summarize the quoted build for you (though I didn't design it and personally would not use the Ferro-Fibrous and just strip some armor from the left and right arms to compensate for the added weight)

XL300
Gauss Rifle (4 tons ammo)
2 Medium Lasers
Endo Steel
Ferro-Fibrous Armor (322 points)
12 DHS

Edited by DodgerH2O, 17 August 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#95 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

If you want to be able to throw 20 dmg downrange without having to sacrifice speed for an AC20, try this:

TBT 7K
2 PPCs
2 SRM 2s (2 tons of ammo)
2 MGs (1 ton of ammo)
14 DHS
XL 270
320 Standard Armour
ES Structure (Obviously)

Cooling efficiency is 50% (With coolrun and heat containment). You could do ER PPCs, but you may need to take Coolshots on hot maps. Been having a lot of fun with this build and racking up a ton of damage and kills.

With the ERLL heat reduction, you could swap to them and use the extra tonnage on a bigger engine.

#96 VezRoth

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostDodgerH2O, on 17 August 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

You cannot fit an AC20 in the side torso with an XL engine. XLs take up 6 extra slots, 3 in each of the left and right side torsos. Also, if you can't make sense of smurfy... how are you using the in-game mechlab? They're almost identical...

Regardless, I'll summarize the quoted build for you (though I didn't design it and personally would not use the Ferro-Fibrous and just strip some armor from the left and right arms to compensate for the added weight)

I found smurfy slightly confusing. I'm sure that I will be able to adapt with just a little effort. It shouldn't be too difficult for me to wrap my head around. I appreciate the build list though.

Might I ask why you wouldn't use the FF? Is it the slot usage or something else?

#97 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostVezRoth, on 17 August 2013 - 09:49 AM, said:

I found smurfy slightly confusing. I'm sure that I will be able to adapt with just a little effort. It shouldn't be too difficult for me to wrap my head around. I appreciate the build list though.

Might I ask why you wouldn't use the FF? Is it the slot usage or something else?

FF costs money, strike one, takes up slots, strike two. It costs money to remove if you have a build you want to try that need those slots also, strike three. I'd use it to "optimize" a build if I really liked it, but I like to try new loadouts quite often so prefer not to limit myself.

Also the build in question doesn't need 12 DHS, 10 DHS suffices for the medium lasers, gauss generates very little heat, you can max armor without FF by taking out the 2 extra engine heatsinks just fine.

#98 BullFrogOnNet

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostDodgerH2O, on 17 August 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

XL300
Gauss Rifle (4 tons ammo)
2 Medium Lasers
Endo Steel
Ferro-Fibrous Armor (322 points)
12 DHS

The reasoning is the FF armor gives you more dmg absorption. Plus with this build I have the slots free plus it let me put more armor on my arms. Which having more armor on my arms means it takes longer for people to expose my torso to dmg. All I know since I changed this spec from the ac20 build I have started doing 500-700 dmg a match and getting several kills each match.

Also I looked at what you said about dropping the 2 heatsinks and all it did was lower the sustained dps. I will keep them cause I can spam those 2 ML all I want.

Edited by BullFrogOnNet, 18 August 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#99 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I only play medium Mechs. So here are my treb builds.
3c is my jack of all trades I use a lrm 20(3 tons ammo artemis ) srm 6(1 Ton ammo artemis ) 4 meds.

Posted Image

Next up is my 5j
3 meds 2 ll. 1 jj. Yes only 1 as a medium you dont need to be Flying all over the place. Just need a 3rd dimension when brawling. Or to help with fast retreats. -
Posted Image
treb -5n
What the treb was designed to do
2 meds tag lrm 10 and lrm 15 ( 5 tns of ammo with artemis )
Artemis is essential in this build you need ever lrm to do max damage to area of effect.
Posted Image

Next is the 7k
my 7k differs from other 7ks because i choose to run a ac 10 instead of the ac20
being a medium you need to stay as quick as possible dropping down the engine to a std 225 reduces the mech ability to just that.
Posted Image

Now like everyone else the favorite ,the 7m
erppc 2 meds 3 streak 2. std engine 1 jj
ok why the standard engine? This is a skirmisher mech.I rather run std and dance with the damn 3l or spider as we trade shoots. Get in... Use the jj to get up and over and get out.

Posted Image

#100 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 18 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostFEK315, on 09 August 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Next Why take the Trebuchet over the Hunchback?

The hunchy Has the "HIT ME HERE TORSO"
Which means A xl is almost always a nono .. trebs have a slim side profile , some have jjs, And can carry all 3 weapon types in the same mech

Edited by codynyc, 18 August 2013 - 10:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users