• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Eh hem. Let's get started

View PostDemos, on 18 June 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Whats about some improvements then?
Do we see an increase of SRM damage by 0.25 to see, if there is room for another increase?
Do they reduce the cone of LBX by another 10% to see, if the usage of LBX increase?
Maybe a slight reduction of JJ shake?

After four weeks they increased the damage of MGs and flamers. Sorry, we need more frequent adjustment for all/most weapons. At least every two weeks, also every patch.

Again, unbiased feedback suck as you have given is useful. I was commenting mostly on the "PGI SUCKS WAAA!" posts. Those don't help in any way.

View Postharuko, on 18 June 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

[DELETED CONTENT]

That's distressing in every way I can think of. Twitter doesn't allow enough characters to provide any decent amount of feedback.

View Postdanger uxo, on 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yes, very much like they 'fixed' the low player count by removing the Players Online counter.

This worries me as well. I am a huge fan of the game and I would love to see is succeed but in ever community that I am part of I am seeing less and less players. PGI really needs to do something about this before the game crashes. The few of us insane loyal people can't support this game.

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

LPL has universally been held as UP, if not "just fine". Under NO circumstances has they ever been referred to as OP. So, nerfing LPLs and indirectly making PPCs more attractive is not a biased statement. You don't need an opinion to look over facts and numbers.

Again, refer to the first reply.

View Postgiganova, on 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Wow, I never realized how many indie videogame developers were part of the MWO community! It's like they think they can do a better job or something...

Seriously though, the patch looks fine. I, for one, welcome our new Quickdraw overlords.

For me my frustration comes from comparing the development team of this game to the dev teams of other mmos that I play. Path of exile for example has one of the best dev teams I have seen while PGI ranks up there with mojang for pure....wierdness.

View PostDragonsFire, on 18 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

I think this statement is quite key to what a lot of the folks are currently going through.

A big part of this build up of frustration has been influenced by being very close to the game during the trials and tribulations of the development process. I'm not saying PGI hasn't done wrong, but I'm also asking some folks to perhaps take a step back and get some perspective. Being completely wrapped up in something, even if it's just visiting the forums on a daily or even weekly basis can shade your perspective with an unhealthy amount of bias, both good and bad. Further, it makes measuring any progress a difficult task in general as you're essentially sitting on top of the thing (ie - watching water boil is always slower than stepping away for a few minutes to do something else and then returning).

In the end, it's worth taking time off from time to time to avoid the build up of unnecessary frustration. :)

I played in closed beta. Stopped playing for about 4 months. Then came back in january. In the time since I came back and now I have seen the communities that I am part of dwindle down to a few players. The community is obviously dissatisfied with the development of this game. I understand that developing a game is no small task especially a game of this caliber. However, if something isn't done soon to draw those people back in there may not be a game.

This is were my frustration comes from. I have seen the weapons go through drastic changes. I have seen the introductions of many mechs and a lot of other changes to the game (including the removal of the dreaded dragon bowling exploit). It just feels overall that this game has very little direction and seems to be bouncing from one "fix" to another; fixes that often break other parts of the game. It's weird to me that a dev company with as many people as they have and with the backing it has can be so, awkward in it's development.

Edited by Destined, 18 June 2013 - 03:44 PM.
Quote clean up

#202 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think you guys broke the UI. I can't see crap in mechlab.

[Edit:] Nevermind. Restarting client fixed it.

Edited by Solis Obscuri, 19 June 2013 - 01:16 AM.

#203 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostTennex, on 18 June 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

they are way too slow to balance.

which would be understandable if they were working on features and prioritized that first. but there aren't even any new features

*Last time they did Major Tweeks, People complained about LRMS for WEEKS, and it took half the month to fix them properly. Now PGI is doing Smaller Tweeks and People are complaining even though people Suggested smaller more often tweeks....
PGI Can't Win This Pity Parade lol

View PostThatguy 2 502, on 18 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Am I the only person laughing his butt off right now? CC post, "We're going to nerf boating weapons." This patch, "Have a new 9 ML Hunchie for a champion mech!" ... Did I lose something in the translation or something?

They Reserve the right to change content as they please, as Seen in the Terms of Agreement Beta, when you Accepted. You Are The GUINEA PIG Until Launch. BE the Guinea Pig, FEEL the Guinea Pig, Become The Guinea Pig... Maybe Something Unexpected Broke? Maybe a Catastrophic bug? Maybe They're Waiting for more Feedback and Comments in the Forums that are actually useful.

View PostwDraco, on 18 June 2013 - 11:01 AM, said:

the game was more ballanced at closed Beta than now.

Stop looking for things to ruin and fix the real issues.(that you created patching).

PPC is doing more damage and giving less heat than Large Laser
SRM are NOT WORKING
Fix the wallhack you created
and now LPL are ruinned

Wrong, The Game is more balanced than in Beta and Radar Actually works now. Small pulse lasers having a Means to Exist now since in Closed Beta They did the same damage as small lasers and weighed more. Also not only are there more mechs, but Poptarting and Rocket Boxing aren't seen anymore. Also in Closed Beta the Jenner wars no longer exist, Also Ballistics have more range than they did in Closed Beta Giving people a reason to use them. And the Light Mech Hit boxes are tighter. Also Streak Missiles are no longer boated, and the Average Awesome Mech doesn't go 96 Kph Anymore. Also in Closed Beta There was NO ELO-tonnage weighting system at all. Who you got pretty much determined how well you did. Flamers Actually do Something worthwhile now, AND There is No Longer CRAZY SPLASH from STREAKS OR SRMS now. OH and Jenners no longer go Mach 2 and Raven's Aren't Invulnerable to Ballistics now.

People are just reading other people's posts and becoming Negative Nancies.

Et Cetera

Aka Stop Bandwagoning. & If you want REAL Constructive Feed back, you should read idk the Feedback and Suggestions forums outside of Patch Day?

Edited by Timuroslav, 18 June 2013 - 11:58 AM.

#204 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

The more I see the less I believe!

Edited by ove bababoke, 18 June 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#205 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

Warning
Dev time misspent

Time to clear the decks

#206 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostTimuroslav, on 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Last time they did Major Tweeks, People complained about LRMS for WEEKS, and it took half the month to fix them properly. Now PGI is doing Smaller Tweeks and People are complaining even though people Suggested smaller more often tweeks....
PGI Can't Win This Pity Parade lol

They Reserve the right to change content as they please, as Seen in the Terms of Agreement Beta, when you Accepted

Wrong, The Game is more balanced than in Beta and Radar Actually works now. Small pulse lasers having a Means to Exist now since in Closed Beta They did the same damage as small lasers and weighed more. Also not only are there more mechs, but Poptarting and Rocket Boxing aren't seen anymore. Also in Closed Beta the Jenner wars no longer exist, Also Ballistics have more range than they did in Closed Beta Giving people a reason to use them. And the Light Mech Hit boxes are tighter. Also Streak Missiles are no longer boated, and the Average Awesome Mech doesn't go 96 Kph Anymore. Also in Closed Beta There was NO ELO-tonnage weighting system at all. Who you got pretty much determined how well you did.
People are just reading other people's posts and becoming Negative Nancies.

Et Cetera

Aka Stop Bandwagoning. & If you want REAL Constructive Feed back, you should read idk the Feedback and Suggestions forums outside of Patch Day?

This is cute.

#207 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Not sure if this is working as intended, but...
Posted Image

With the Highlander, the weapon with the highest damage goes to the lower slot for its lasers on the right torso, so a large laser would move under a medium laser. The right torso for the Quickdraw follows the same rule, but the left torso disagrees...

I asked a question regarding weapon positioning with the Highlander in "Ask The Devs 40" in relation to the missile slots, but my question was sadly not chosen, and so a reason for these weird weapon placements go unanswered.

If any developers or managers of PGI are reading this, I would advise you to make it so the weapons are placed in relation to what order you put them in. With this, I can have PPC-firing bosoms on my screen :)!

Edited by GizmoGecko, 18 June 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#208 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostDaZur, on 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

The maturity level in this community is clearly at an all-time high... :)

kids (not talking teens), agree with most adults in everything because they realize 1) they rely on them for everything, 2) they've been around a lot longer. Kids don't argue or speak up around adults because they realize they are just kids. Adults speak their mind, especially when they are passionate about something or upset. Kids might do that to their parents but not to adults. Just because we have an opinion and wish to speak it does not mean immaturity.

Also, how come I put $120 into the game as a Founder and a year later still can't paint my Founder's mechs? Were us Founders really not worth the time to add this feature? - a year later....

#209 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostCoolant, on 18 June 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

kids (not talking teens), agree with most adults in everything because they realize 1) they rely on them for everything, 2) they've been around a lot longer. Kids don't argue or speak up around adults because they realize they are just kids. Adults speak their mind, especially when they are passionate about something or upset. Kids might do that to their parents but not to adults. Just because we have an opinion and wish to speak it does not mean immaturity.

Also, how come I put $120 into the game as a Founder and a year later still can't paint my Founder's mechs? Were us Founders really not worth the time to add this feature? - a year later....

That and the backspace bug really annoy me and it is a tad silly they haven't been fixed yet.

#210 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

What were you guys thinking with the LPL heat nerf? jesus. Might give small laser a run for its money for least used weapon now.

#211 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

With the Highlander, the weapon with the highest damage goes to the lower slot for its lasers on the right torso, so a large laser would move under a medium laser. The right torso for the Quickdraw follows the same rule, but the left torso disagrees...

@pic - Hey, it's not a BJ!

#212 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

Is it me, or is PGI/IGP following in EA's foot steps?

#213 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

12Mans? Groups of 5-7? Ui 2.0 - I have lost my coconut monkey for a month FFS.

SRM Buff/rework? PPC boating balance? JJ Shake reduction? SSRM spread?

Buff machine guns and flamers.. Nerf Large Pulse, who asked for this?

I will not spend another dime till CW .0001 is in place. I don't believe this will ever happen.
I am very disappointed in this empty patch.
That is all.

#214 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 18 June 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

I asked a question regarding weapon positioning with the Highlander in "Ask The Devs 40" in relation to the missile slots, but my question was sadly not chosen, and so a reason for these weird weapon placements go unanswered.

If any developers or managers of PGI are reading this, I would advise you to make it so the weapons are placed in relation to what order you put them in. With this, I can have PPC-firing bosoms on my screen :)!

Clearly you need to put 4 ppcs in the torso so it's balanced.

#215 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

First ninja nerf I've seen is that UAV no longer shows up on the minimap.

#216 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 18 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Clearly you need to put 4 ppcs in the torso so it's balanced.

That's not the answer to my question.

If you put a PPC in the right and left torso, they both stay up top. If you then put a laser in each side, ONLY THE RIGHT TORSO PPC will move down.

It's asymmetrical: possibly a variable of weapon convergence.

Edited by GizmoGecko, 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#217 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostProphetic, on 18 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

12Mans? Groups of 5-7? Ui 2.0 - I have lost my coconut monkey for a month FFS.

SRM Buff/rework? PPC boating balance? JJ Shake reduction? SSRM spread?

Buff machine guns and flamers.. Nerf Large Pulse, who asked for this?

I will not spend another dime till CW .0001 is in place. I don't believe this will ever happen.
I am very disappointed in this empty patch.
That is all.

12 Man's will be implemented During Launch
5-7 Launch will not Exist it is either 2 4-Mans and 4 Pugs and/or 1 8Man and 4 Pugs or All Pugs
By-the-way People have been wanting Machine Gun and Flamer Buffs Since February, and now They're getting the buff. The SRM Development is a relatively New Phenomenon.
PGI is waiting to see how this patch plays out before They install the Heat Patch, and Maybe Something Broke? Partly, because they want to See how the Heat on the New Pulse lasers operates and they want feed back on it to make the heat Patch Better.
All of your Questions have been Asked and repeated in the Ask the Developers Blogs.

You don't Change the Game in the GIANT Chunks when it's relatively stable. IE: The Missile Wars of Late March
You change the game with Small updates and weapon changes until the shoe fits right.
One Baby step at a time.

It doesn't Make Sense to Buy the Pie Mix and not have an oven. *Referring to Pulse Laser Heat and the Future Heat and boating Patch*

Rant is a Rant

Edited by Timuroslav, 18 June 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#218 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 18 June 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

That's not the answer to my question.

If you put a PPC in the right and left torso, they both stay up top. If you then put a laser in each side, ONLY THE RIGHT TORSO PPC will move down.

I know, I was trying to be funny, apparently I failed... Maybe I should get a job at PGI!

#219 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, some of you people are major ingrates and whiners. Your righteous indignation and frothing impatience with what would otherwise be a completely closed development process is sad. Things do not always go according to plan. Im a founder too and you dont see me ******* about little details and what a dev said and didnt say. Grow up.

If you are unable to play due to issues with the game and you are a paying player, only then you have a good reason but there are ways to submit and get help for your issues. Be a beta tester, not a cheerios-flinging child ffs..

Regardless, accusations of lying and incompetence or just simple ingratitude and lack of faith in what is a long long process is beneath the standards of our community.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 18 June 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#220 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

I know, I was trying to be funny, apparently I failed... Maybe I should get a job at PGI!

Sorry aha, I must be getting too passionate about my issue.

It's just been bugging me since the Highlander came out, so I've got a lot of pent up annoyance, resulting in my emotions of humor and compromise being severely diminished.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users