Patch Day - June 18Th!

352 replies to this topic

#261 Major Derps

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

All this is useless without a fix to the broken hit detection.

#262 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 01:49 PM, said:

No, actually, it was a question.

If you'll note, I didn't make statements, attempting to use that as a straw-man, as you and others are doing in this and many other threads.

*facepalm*

Is english your first language?

The assumption you would have had to make, had you understood my post in concurrence with the established rules of the language, is that I deleted my post because I realized my mistake, well before you posted your rebuttal to it. As I clearly stated in the paragraph immediately preceding the snippet that you decided to quote out of context.

But instead you ASSUME that I am making a straw-man argument, and attempt to call me out on it.

That would qualify as failing at not making assumptions on your part. Or not having a firm grasp on the language, leading you to make equally unsubstantiated assumptions and with them accusations.

I suggest that you practice what you preach and /or take a few refresher courses at a local college, depending on where the true source of your failure lies. :)

Edited by Zerberus, 18 June 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#263 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

So... what was the point of this patch?

#264 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostZerberus, on 18 June 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

*facepalm*

Is english your first language?

The assumption you would have had to make, had you understood my post in concurrence with the established rules of the language, is that I deleted my post because I realized my mistake, well before you posted your rebuttal to it. As I clewarly stated in teh paragraph immediately preceding the snippet that you decided to quote out of context.

But instead you ASSUME that I am making a straw-man argument, and attempt to call me out on it.

That would qualify as failing at not making assumptions on your part. Or not having a firm grasp on the language, leading you to make equally unsubstantiated assumptions and with them accusations.

I suggest that you practice what you preach and /or take a few refresher courses at a local college, depending on where the true source of your failure lies. :)

You seem to have reading comprehension problems, my friend. It was pretty clear I was defending myself, by pointing out that I didn't attempt to use my guess as a straw-man, as you did initially, before you 'realized your mistake'. The fact that you redacted it doesn't change the fact that you made an assumption, and then created a straw-man out of it to feebly try to attack me.

Getting back to the point, of this thread, is that the JJ nerfs, and the upcoming multiple-weapon "heat-fix", both are using a broadsword to remove someone's appendix. Rather than using scalpel-sized changes, they choose to make broad, sweeping, strokes which hit everyone else in the general vicinity.

#265 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 18 June 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

So... what was the point of this patch?

I think they're trolling us.

Posted Image

#266 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostPropagandaWar, on 18 June 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Also why make one Quickdraws arm movement less than another. The Quickdraw mounts the same lasers on all 3 models? heck quickdraws Tech readout says they can 180 and shoot behind them. Just curious?

Um... because they were using 2 variants with (stock) identical loadouts, so they needed to make differences between them? One gets better range of motion, the other gets an extra hardpoint. And they sure as hell aren't going to put themselves through the screaming temper-tantrums about it being able to shoot directly behind it, from both those that QQ'd about the Cat being able to and those that would be pissed that it could and their Cat couldn't.

#267 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

PGI attempting humor...funny. the only joke here is your game. i won't say anymore because it's not worth a permban.

Edited by Stoicblitzer, 18 June 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#268 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostKunae, on 18 June 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

You seem to have reading comprehension problems, my friend. It was pretty clear I was defending myself, by pointing out that I didn't attempt to use my guess as a straw-man, as you did initially, before you 'realized your mistake'. The fact that you redacted it doesn't change the fact that you made an assumption, and then created a straw-man out of it to feebly try to attack me.

And all of this changes exactly what about YOUR misplaced assumption that it was my intent to create a straw man argument? or your equally misguided assumption about the assumption you would have had to make? Exactly right, nothing at all.

Pot, meet Kettle. The main difference being that I have no issues owning up to my own mistakes, something I do not see you even attempting to do as evidenced by numerous posts in this thread.

You can act high and mighty all you want, but your **** still stinks just as bad as everyone else`s, including mine.

BTW, assuming to be my friend is most definitely a mistake. To me you are a set of pixels on a screen, no more, no less... Neutrality and acceptance are the highest feelings pixels deserve, "friend" is entirely reserved for actual person to person interaction. Anybody who thinks that anyone they know purely on some game forum is a friend needs a reality check IMO, but that is just that, my opinion.

When you`re standing next to me (or vice versa) with a sixpack saying "dude, lets talk about this (or anything else)"... then we can consider the use of that term :)

Edited by Zerberus, 18 June 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#269 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I don't know how many people posting here have played since the patch, but I've noticed a 20%+ improvement to ping (from 105 to 80) and hit detection seems to be correct now. Has anyone else noticed this or are my results not typical. Seems like they are addressing some of the issues just not saying anything in the notes.

#270 Jasen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I don't know how many people posting here have played since the patch, but I've noticed a 20%+ improvement to ping (from 105 to 80) and hit detection seems to be correct now. Has anyone else noticed this or are my results not typical. Seems like they are addressing some of the issues just not saying anything in the notes.

Naa, you're imagining things. They would be tooting their horn all over the internet if they actually managed to fix something big like hit detection.

#271 MWHawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hit Detection Fix??!??

#272 wDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 132 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 18 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Had a nice ping before they messed it up at the other patch and now i have the ping i had before, so what was the fix? screwed up and then putting it like it was?

#273 Quinton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 134 posts
  • LocationThe Wasteland

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

mechs still shutting down at 95% heat
direct hits with projectile weapons not being counted
damage on mechs being reversed
people abusing macros left and right
completely random damage allocations on some mechs (did you know the atlas' left leg is on its head)
ELO creating absurdly unbalanced matches regularly (all lights vs assaults, etc)

all this still going on since they implemented hot state rewind.
4, 5, 6+ months and they do nothing about it

mechs still shutting down at 95% heat
direct hits with projectile weapons not being counted
damage on mechs being reversed
people abusing macros left and right
completely random damage allocations on some mechs (did you know the atlas' left leg is on its head)
ELO creating absurdly unbalanced matches regularly (all lights vs assaults, etc)

all this still going on since they implemented hot state rewind.
4, 5, 6+ months and they do nothing about it

#274 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostCathy, on 18 June 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

You mean moving its staff across america, and then putting half out of work ?

Is *that* why the MPBT:3025 plug got pulled?

#275 Lord Rip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationBehind You!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostAppogee, on 18 June 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

JJ shake is necessary, and without it there is too much pinpoint alpha damage. It needs to stay.

Wow, one would think that just actually....finally dealing with overly accurate multi weapon alphas would be the answer. Kinda sounds like someone letting the air out of the rest of their tires because they got a flat.

#276 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

"Boating is bad and wrong and we are going to nerf it! In the mean time, have a mech with nine medium lasers for its default loadout, and a new chassis where the main variants all have almost exclusively medium lasers too."

#277 Nephero

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

BOOOOO!!!! Finish this damn game already.

#278 TehSBGX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

A Champion Hunchie? Thats cool I guess. I was really hoping for the Sarah's Jenner though. Oh well, I guess it's worth the wait.

I might want to test buffed Machine Guns though, if only for the lols.

#279 Stat1cVoiD

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Thx for finally nerfing the LPL!
It has been about time, since I remember seeing at least 2 people within the last days who weren't completely stacking up on PPCs.
It is entirely reasonable that a close combat weapon, which NEEDS cadency in order to work, now produces more Heat per shot than the Sniper-PPC.
Are you guys rolling dices in order to figure the outcome of your patches, buffs and nerfs out?
Why would you otherwise do that?
Sniping and camping is already highly favored over brawling and you NERF brawl-weapons?
I am pretty sure you guys have totally lost it.
If you have no idea where your game should be heading at, then just read the ******* forums and do what the community tells you, instead of doing the exact opposite for no apparent reason...

Edited by Stat1cVoiD, 18 June 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#280 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I've got a lot of international flights to take...
Terrible patch Garth. More supervision is required in the studio. If yr going to break something try something that's already broken. Don't take the term "patch" so literally. There are so many bandaids in this im surprised u haven't released "bandaid" camo special pattern as a freebie. Book this sucker in for major surgery.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users