12V12 Public Test Live Tomorrow (11Th Of July)!

392 replies to this topic

#141 MaxStr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Sounds great, too bad the times really blow for us east coasters ;)

#142 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I remember the 8 man stress test back in CB, the times were the same/similar, guess i will just have to take an extended break during work again ;)

#143 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

View Postmatux, on 10 July 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I remember the 8 man stress test back in CB, the times were the same/similar, guess i will just have to take an extended break during work again ;)

Might have to do an all nighter, then go to work :o :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

#144 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

For those of us in a different timezone.
http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

1am and 7am for SEA player, at least the first session is still do able for player of this region.

The question is, will the server have the capacity to handle the player load from the flood of people coming to join the server. ;)

#145 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 10 July 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Might have to do an all nighter, then go to work ;) :o :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Chuck a sickie?

#146 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Postxengk, on 10 July 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

The question is, will the server have the capacity to handle the player load from the flood of people coming...

Posted Image

I actually wonder if the Test Server being online will interfere with Live Games. I have no idea if/how the bandwidth is shared, or if Live Servers are expected to be affected or not.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 July 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#147 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

View PostBlackBeltJones, on 10 July 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

I am glad for this addition, it would seem more is better when it comes to features so I am optimistic at the idea of the test server but I seriously wonder what the immediate value will be. I assume the collected data will be far less than that acquired from the active game servers and the previously noted glacial speed of their 'tweaks' does not fill me with confidence that the new test server will have any positive impact on the gameplay prior to launch. If it took as long as it did to adjust LRMs down and back up how long will it be before the test server data produces positive results. With only 2 months until launch this test server and the Dev team will either have to double all their efforts (at minimum) or accept that 'Launch' and 'Beta' are the exact same.

I can think of 2 things that they can do with the PTS.

1. Load Testing
Testing to see what kind of server and bandwidth load a 12v12 requires to play smoothly, and adjust the live server before implementing and affect all players.

2. Frequent Hotfix
Seeing that there is a downtime between sessions, it is possible that they can apply hotfix in-between session after studying the data they gathered from the previous session.
Once enough tweaking is done on the PTS, the new balance/feature can be apply to live server.

View PostProsperity Park, on 10 July 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

The question is, will the server have the capacity to handle the player load from the flood of people coming...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by xengk, 10 July 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#148 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

Well PGI I can no longer defend you that "this is a true form long open beta". This is now (as has been long bemoaned) a soft launch. Why on earth do you need a "test server" for things? We're in beta, all servers are test servers! This is utterly ridiculous, especially considering we should've had 12v12 a month or two ago.

#149 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Can CW be far behind?

/sarcasm

#150 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostButane9000, on 10 July 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Well PGI I can no longer defend you that "this is a true form long open beta". This is now (as has been long bemoaned) a soft launch. Why on earth do you need a "test server" for things? We're in beta, all servers are test servers! This is utterly ridiculous, especially considering we should've had 12v12 a month or two ago.

Tomorrow is not testing any of the Faction stuff or UI 2.0, so it has nothing to do with launch.

I would suggest that anyone who sees a "Test Server = Launch" comment to please not take it seriously. I know that many people are disappointed with the pace of Game Development, but saying that they are "Launching" now that they're testing some of these features is clearly a nonconstructive statement intended specifically to be snide and trolling.

So, let's please keep this discussion about the 12v12 Test Server topic, and not spend considerable time debating whether or not this counts as "Game Launch." Anyone who's been on the forums for a significant amount of time knows that Game Launch will coincide with UI 2.0 and a succession of Community Warfare tiers rolling out.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 10 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#151 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm looking forward to testing it out. Assuming I can break away at those times to test it.

Otherwise, downloaded and ready to login.

#152 Khan Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

How does one switch between the two servers? I want to play a little MWO tonight, but after downloading the Test Server, I am brought to that log in screen. I'm sure that I'm just a big dummy when it comes to servers and such, but I can't find the info anywhere in the test server info...anyone know?

#153 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostKhan Reaper, on 10 July 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

How does one switch between the two servers? I want to play a little MWO tonight, but after downloading the Test Server, I am brought to that log in screen. I'm sure that I'm just a big dummy when it comes to servers and such, but I can't find the info anywhere in the test server info...anyone know?

One is called "Mechwarrior online" Live normal version
The test is called "MWO Public Test"

In the start menu that is.

Edited by matux, 10 July 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#154 Khan Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, U.S

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

OH crap....I just noticed that I got a new icon...I launched straight through the "Done Downloading" screen. Thanks! I knew I was a dummy!

#155 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I see a lot of people saying they can't have a test server in a beta game, but maybe they are testing the test server for use after launch.

It's a test server within a test server....

#156 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Does this mean we are beta testing the beta test as the beta testers test the beta? Dafuq?

I think after some point you're Alpha testing there...

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 10 July 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

I see a lot of people saying they can't have a test server in a beta game, but maybe they are testing the test server for use after launch.

Probably that, have to make sure the test setup works too. Also possible they had to change enough that they didn't want to put it on the normal servers.

#157 Stalephreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 295 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Yea! 12 v 12 is finally here...Now if only my friends were still here to play it... B)

#158 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostStalephreak, on 10 July 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Yea! 12 v 12 is finally here...Now if only my friends were still here to play it... B)

It's not here... it's on the public test server... 2 months after the servers were said to be up and ... I've actually lost count of when we were promised 12v12 on live servers. We still won't see 12v12 live for what looks like a month... even then going live will probably see so many more issues crop up simply because the windows of testing for players is so unrealistic for a majority of timezones.

Why not have rotating timezones so people from the Oceanic and European areas don't have to get up at stupid hours or skip work/life to test your code? Afterall... someone with 250+ ping is going to get a WHOLE different experience to the Americans.

#159 RapierE01

• 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Cool. Looking forward for empty 2x AC20 Jaeger which cry in the chat after half of the match

#160 Fitzbattleaxe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 10 July 2013 - 06:26 PM, said:

Does this mean we are beta testing the beta test as the beta testers test the beta? Dafuq?

Considering 'beta' means feature complete, I think it would be more accurate to say we're beta testing features for the alpha test as alpha testers test the alpha that's been branded a beta but is being treated as a launched product.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users