#61 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

View PostCraig Steele, on 27 February 2014 - 04:23 AM, said:

If you don't want to play a 15 minute game, choose another game mode at the launch button. If you do choose to play Skirmish, PGI will expect you to play by the TOS.

How about those chicken-hearted not clicking skirmish mode if they do not want a team VS team deathmatch?

They do abuse the TOS! So I say autokill to all mechs of the losing team and getting rid of those spoilsports.

#62 Craig Steele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostRyoken, on 27 February 2014 - 04:34 AM, said:

How about those chicken-hearted not clicking skirmish mode if they do not want a team VS team deathmatch?

They do abuse the TOS! So I say autokill to all mechs of the losing team and getting rid of those spoilsports.

I don't what to say.

Use the search function and you will see posts from mods and game admin confirming that shut down is a legit tactic and not a breach of the TOS, reporting their position is treason and a breach of the TOS.

Up to you what you want to do, but it is what is.

#63 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

I do not argue that shutting down can be a legit tactic as I pointed out for conquest.

But in skirmish mode it most certainly isn't and therefore rules need to be changed. Annoying the majority of players for some lausy play on numbers that do not mean anything is ridiculous. (Maybe an artificially inflated k/d ratio can be used to identify cowards and not team oriented players if anything...)

It is an abuse of the TOS no matter how you deny it or try to hide behind its words while twisting the intend.

I do not give away positions but I can understand why other players do and why those hiding players get a lot of rage and I think they earned it!

So there needs to be a solution and the easiest way is to take away the incentive/motivation/reason why people do hide and shutdown in skirmish: Autokill the whole losing team!

Edited by Ryoken, 27 February 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#64 Viperion

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 75 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

Well Ryoken..

Don't play skirmish then :D
There will always exist some who think by hide and SD may gain if he is alone vs 2-5 mech left. Off course they can always go geronimo!. But some do hiding in order to win by time (provided that they are alone and has engaged combat), and that's perfectly legal within the game rules or TOS.

You don't like it? well.. can't help you there except you can always exit the match. Or if you're alive, then go find this hiding ******* :P as i quote my self earlier post

"Nothing beats the sweet feeling to kill a hiding shut downed mech before the time limit."

Ryoken: just deal with it. Its nothing you can do about it. even you stomping in frustration that you won't get what you want.

#65 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostRyoken, on 27 February 2014 - 07:12 AM, said:

I do not argue that shutting down can be a legit tactic as I pointed out for conquest.

But in skirmish mode it most certainly isn't and therefore rules need to be changed. Annoying the majority of players for some lausy play on numbers that do not mean anything is ridiculous. (Maybe an artificially inflated k/d ratio can be used to identify cowards and not team oriented players if anything...)

It is an abuse of the TOS no matter how you deny it or try to hide behind its words while twisting the intend.

This is very simple: YOU ARE WRONG. "Ryoken no likey" does NOT equate to "against the ToS."

Please show us where in the ToS it says that hiding from the enemy is disallowed. Crickets in 3... 2...

While we're at it, please also show us how you are being forced to wait for the next match. You can quit at any time. Why don't you do that if you want to save time?

#66 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 21 February 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I was one of those new players who never bothered to read the Code of Conduct or the Griefing Post. I highly suggest you read them in their entirety.

If you are faced with a friendly mech shut down and hiding to prevent dying most notably in Skirmish mode, please, whatever you do, DO NOT give up his position in all chat. This is considered "Team Treason" and is a reportable offence against you. You can declare the friendly is hiding/afk/dc.

The correct course of action is to take a screenshot of the player and submit a ticket to Support and report the player for "Non-participation Abuse".

If you are on the enemy team, please help by checking with the dead players if the player is truly "non-participating". If he is, then submit a ticket as well.

It is not a problem to report the location of an AFK or Disco back at base, or if you DO know about it through teamspeak or something with a fellow unit. What IS team treason is when that last guy on your team doesn't want to give some cretin ego stroking time by getting killed in a worthless gesture, so you shut down and see if they know how to look without sensors. They've tried and are now the last man standing in a losing cause, there is no shame of letting the other team win, or forcing them to actually LOOK for you using their eyes, not just sensors. Skirmish lovers were warned this would happen. Of course, most people who hate that mode don't play that mode unless forced to by others so it almost never happens.

I report everyone who ghosts a teammate even if on the enemy side. If you are so impatient about this game that you have to commit team treason just because you're bored and don't want to leave match and drop in a different mech, you need to play a different game. MWO is not for you.

#67 SniperCon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 21 February 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

you will not and cannot sit and wait for the 12 minute ambush solo and win unless your team has done more than their fair share of the work.

it is not legit to sit there and not do anything, realize you wasted your time and not end it for everyone else.

ambush tactics work, but solo ambushes are pointless at teh end of the match when they are looking for you and you are beeing a douche

^ Has not heard of the AC40 Cicada.

#68 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Just remember, Locust's love people that are DC or Zero ping.

Whenever I see that while in a light I go disco hunting then join in the fight. once I found the mech, in a locust got behind the Catapult, nailed it with 5 SPL's and it came alive. Too bad he had 6 LRM 5's. :D

I have seen the problem, one person in a few matches. Each time someone says he is going to disco again and he does.

I just wait a few minutes and launch again, and hope I miss him for a while.

This morning I tried to launch twice, and both times returned to mech lab while my mech was in a game. So I logged out. this was the first time in 8 or 9 months that this has happened. Remember not all the time are people just farming C-Bills or XP. There may be another issue.

#69 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostViperion, on 27 February 2014 - 09:56 AM, said:

Well Ryoken..

Don't play skirmish then :lol:
There will always exist some who think by hide and SD may gain if he is alone vs 2-5 mech left. Off course they can always go geronimo!. But some do hiding in order to win by time (provided that they are alone and has engaged combat), and that's perfectly legal within the game rules or TOS.

You don't like it? well.. can't help you there except you can always exit the match. Or if you're alive, then go find this hiding ******* :) as i quote my self earlier post

"Nothing beats the sweet feeling to kill a hiding shut downed mech before the time limit."

Ryoken: just deal with it. Its nothing you can do about it. even you stomping in frustration that you won't get what you want.

I do not stomp in frustration, I just gently prepared those mouthbreathers that think some ratio does make them good players that something is coming their way. Take this neat capslock warrior below, those are the people stomping in frustration when the issue gets fixed.

So nighty night peeps =)

View PostBloodweaver, on 27 February 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

This is very simple: YOU ARE WRONG. "Ryoken no likey" does NOT equate to "against the ToS."

Please show us where in the ToS it says that hiding from the enemy is disallowed. Crickets in 3... 2...

While we're at it, please also show us how you are being forced to wait for the next match. You can quit at any time. Why don't you do that if you want to save time?

#70 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

There is no "issue" to get fixed. It is working as intended. The fact you equate being corrected to someone stomping around in frustration says everything we need to know about the value of your opinion. You have yet to show how hiding is against the ToS, as well as how you are prevented from continuing to play the game by exiting the match yourself. Neither claim is true, of course, which is why you have yet to do so - you cannot.

#71 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostBloodweaver, on 27 February 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Any assists you got after your death are given after the match ends. If you quit before the match ends you lose those rewards. Sometimes assists make up almost half my cbill rewards.

So I guess if you care about how much you make per match you are "forced" to stay until the match ends.

Edited by Sug, 27 February 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#72 PapaBear14

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I have no problem with someone that was playing running and hiding i just hate having to hunt down someone that has DCed. You didnt have to before the match would end once all online players were killed.

#73 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

I don't get why this is even a problem.

There's no repair costs.

There's no rearm costs.

If you're worried about your meaningless KDR you can just quit the match and the match will end.

#74 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Simple issue solved. If you don't like capping, don't play assault or conquest. If someone does hide there, just cap and be done. Dont be some fool screaming about the cap win or that somebody decided not to give you the ego strokes you needed to validate your existance. Just cap, GG and be done with it.

If you don't like some pilot denying you the satisfaction of killing everything in Skirmish and forcing you to actually LOOK for them because they're not willing to stoke your ego, go play Assault. At least then you can cap and be done with it. You were warned this would happen. Suck it up, buttercup.

If someone discos or went AFK due to real life or whatever, and it's a known quantity (IE their teamspeak partners tell you so or it says "disco") then give the position and get it over with and there's no foul IMHO. If the person is still moving around, hiding and the people on your team can see you moving the cockpit, or talking on team chat... you ghost you should be reported. I've turned in at least half a dozen for ghosting me or others. I've warned at least 2 dozen more not to do it or I would report them. You never know if that last guy will fire up and try to ambush the enemy or if found by that lone mech, ambush them get the kill and go hide again.

Your playstyle does not dictate how another should play, and be a good teammate and not violate Wheaton's Law.

View PostSug, on 27 February 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

I don't get why this is even a problem.

There's no repair costs.

There's no rearm costs.

If you're worried about your meaningless KDR you can just quit the match and the match will end.

Get ready for their return in CW. That's already been slated to return to the mix.

#75 Bloodweaver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostSug, on 27 February 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Any assists you got after your death are given after the match ends. If you quit before the match ends you lose those rewards. Sometimes assists make up almost half my cbill rewards.

So I guess if you care about how much you make per match you are "forced" to stay until the match ends.

Which would indicate that when people complain players who hide only do so to preserve their K/D ratios, they're really just projecting their own desires for more winnings. And that is nobody's responsibility but their own. It is not the hiding player's job to help anyone else make more money or XP.

ATTN whiners! This is what it all boils down to:

View PostKjudoon, on 27 February 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Your playstyle does not dictate how another should play

#76 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 27 February 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Get ready for their return in CW. That's already been slated to return to the mix.

Quote?

Or a picture of the dry erase board that holds the bulk of the work done on CW?

#77 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostSug, on 27 February 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

Quote?

Or a picture of the dry erase board that holds the bulk of the work done on CW?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2889292

That's what my quick search yielded. I'm sure if Paul would want to weigh in we can get the full skinny, but since R&R was always part of campaign based BT from TT, and was in the original concept, you probably should play like it's gonna come back otherwise, you're in for a rude awakening when it does hit... and those of us ready for it will be laughing. You want more, go look yourself. It's out there but a bit buried by now.

Edited by Kjudoon, 27 February 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#78 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 27 February 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2889292

That's what my quick search yielded.

So R&R returning is on the same boat as collisions basically. They won't say no and can't say yes.

#79 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Recently I had a game where there was one suvivor on my team in a lightly damaged Victor, the enemy had 2 lights and 1 heavy left. I watched as the Victor ran to a corner of the map and shut down. After about 30 seconds I typed "please fight" in team chat. He then powered up, killing both lights and severely damage the heavy before going down.

Sometimes asking nicely does work.

#80 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

With the coming of contracts, R&R must be a part of it. The question is in what form. The point still remains the same that hiding and shutting down is a valid tactic and end game strategy the whiners just are gonna have to deal with or learn to love Assault again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users