#41 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 25 October 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

Can't wait to hear more people oh well I earn 200k+ in all my games congrats you've learned to game the system or your very lucky. Here's a game I just played yesterday with my Stormcrow didn't even come close to 200k.

It's a good game but not awesome. You wouldn't have made much more pre-patch.

#42 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostXetelian, on 25 October 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

My concern is the change for kills being less than assists now being more than assists so the kill stealing atmosphere is encouraged.

That and damage done rewards if I do 504 damage on a loss I shouldn't just get 20,000 -loss 3600 -assist and 3000 for damage done. Barely making higher than 35,000 on a loss doesn't reward those of us that used consumables in an effort to be the better team and win.

This is punishing to consumables.

If they do bump up earnings the 30-50% IMO, they will need to adjust and bump up the consumables just as much. If it hurts, or slows down new players in game to use them.... I m not sure if that is really a bad thing to be honest. Hopefully the guys that can afford them will use them as a secondary tactic, causing panic, moving the enemy where you want them, and not just spamming them. I don't use them, but I really don't see a problem with them at this point. It does seem like they are some that love to use them. :ph34r: :blink:

#43 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

My Cbills are a little down.

My XP is WAY down.

#44 SpeedingBus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 25 October 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

It's a good game but not awesome. You wouldn't have made much more pre-patch.

how do you figure that? they reduced damage/assist/kills and added a bunch of new rewards that you may or not get. So in old system I would of gotten a lot more because in the new system I didn't hit all those new goals they put rewards in thus earning me much much less. Biggest point is losing hurts more than ever so clearly the new reward system isn't working on losing alone lest you win a game and are still gimped in cbills.

#45 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:31 PM

Even with the addition of the tag damage tag kills not everyone brings tag and the lance formation protected proximity and flanking and hit and run don't always happen in matches.

unless you're gaming the system you don't earn C-bills like before. Not all of us want mech murder ball the game.

#46 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostMadPanda, on 25 October 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Here's something for you guys to chew on. Two games, same mech, both wins, similar stats, noticeable difference in c-bills. Which game you think should have earned more c-bills?

Game 1:

Posted Image

Game 2:

Posted Image

The main difference I see between the two is that the second has several Savior Kills, at least one Defensive kill, a turret kill and there may or may not have been more things.

Come to think of it, wasn't the difference between having a good win and an awesome win mainly dictated by the luck of the draw, aka, how many savior kills you got?

I still hate that award due to how random it bloody is, and these two screenshots only reinforce this.

#47 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:37 PM

I guess I could go upload my match rewards with my HBK but I got a lot of losses cause I'm not good enough to do 800 damage carries on them. :lol:

#48 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:43 PM

So I'm reading through this thread and it boggles my mind to see people saying that the current earnings system is fine as is. Listen, you shouldn't have to be pulling 500+ damage with assists, kills, and the like to pull 150k, you should be able to pull 150k derping about in a trail mech as a new player on a loss. With good matches pulling 300k. Also this should be without a hero mech or premium time running.

The current grind is costing PGI potential customers. I have personally introduced 4-6 friends to this game, only 1 of them has stuck around, and all of them said that the game was fun but the grind was too harsh. That is to say that the grind that rivals Korean MMOs is what drove them away. Not buggy game mechanics, not OP weapons or builds, but the grind. I'm also positive that I'm not the only one who has seen this happen.

the purpose of a free player in a free to play game is to provide population, opponents to play against and allies to play with. If you drive away free players with a harsh grind you lose pop. It is even worse if it seems like you are actually punishing them for being a free player, which in my opinion this game does. This isn't about if you can manage to pull 200k in a good match with your clan, its about if a free player who has just joined will feel like he should keep playing, and right now most don't.

#49 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostAssiah, on 25 October 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

So I'm reading through this thread and it boggles my mind to see people saying that the current earnings system is fine as is. Listen, you shouldn't have to be pulling 500+ damage with assists, kills, and the like to pull 150k, you should be able to pull 150k derping about in a trail mech as a new player on a loss. With good matches pulling 300k. Also this should be without a hero mech or premium time running.

The current grind is costing PGI potential customers. I have personally introduced 4-6 friends to this game, only 1 of them has stuck around, and all of them said that the game was fun but the grind was too harsh. That is to say that the grind that rivals Korean MMOs is what drove them away. Not buggy game mechanics, not OP weapons or builds, but the grind. I'm also positive that I'm not the only one who has seen this happen.

the purpose of a free player in a free to play game is to provide population, opponents to play against and allies to play with. If you drive away free players with a harsh grind you lose pop. It is even worse if it seems like you are actually punishing them for being a free player, which in my opinion this game does. This isn't about if you can manage to pull 200k in a good match with your clan, its about if a free player who has just joined will feel like he should keep playing, and right now most don't.

Sooo this. I cannot like this enough.

#50 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostSpeedingBus, on 25 October 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

how do you figure that? they reduced damage/assist/kills and added a bunch of new rewards that you may or not get. So in old system I would of gotten a lot more because in the new system I didn't hit all those new goals they put rewards in thus earning me much much less. Biggest point is losing hurts more than ever so clearly the new reward system isn't working on losing alone lest you win a game and are still gimped in cbills.

Not true.
You can get "most dmg done" bonus on top of an assist. You can make solo kills which give more money than kills pre-patch.
You can get a shitload flanking or hit&run bonuses.
You have to do something to make money, not just pointing on a target for half a second.
Pre-patch I got like 170-180k for an awesome game with 1k dmg, 7 kills, 5 assists. Now I get over 240k.
I am not even using TAG or other spotting tools.
In the past players got money for no effort. 100 dmg and hitting everyone was enough to make cash.

You get significantly less for a loss now, right. But do you expect a lot for 200 dmg, 1 kill and 2 assists? Me not.

#51 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 25 October 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

here is the future of Cbill farming. Just what PGI should have thought of first before changing things.

Im sure they did. If you want to run off instead of making more cbills by sticking with your lance, then come on the forums and complain about how youre not making enough cbills...thats really up to you, you cant make a system based on the lowest common denominator. Its just a game, not a political system.

And when it comes between you costing me cbills because youre a goofball and refuse to adapt to the new system, which really akins to adapting to not being a goober who runs off and gets killed in the first minute of the game dealing a big blow to their team....yeah a teamkill is appropriate.

Working as designed. Stick with your lance.

View PostVassago Rain, on 25 October 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Now that's some quality there, bro.

Just wait for a random gold to tell you you weren't deathballing hard enough/not exploiting TAG/massing LRMs properly.

Ive never spent a dime.

He wasnt deathballing enough.

#52 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 October 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:

You got more kills then me, yet netted less Cbills.

Did you not stick with the team and soak up all those bonuses? That's the real issue.

the real issue is, soemtimes not sticking with the team si a better tactic, yet the effort put in the game to also probably win it outside the deathball sayS: No C-bills for you.

The system is flawed by not being effort related. What is the sense of using specific weapons, like LL when this requires you to stay behind a sa backup? valid tactic, can be important, yet no payment.

try to make a U formation to claw around the opponent, lose c-bills. be with the wrong mechs in a lance, lose c-bills. spam tags and narcs no matter if its making sense or not. print c-bills like a mafia boss.

#53 Rhaegor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 301 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

I'm just going to leave this here. Premium time and hero mech, but still.

Posted Image

Edited by Rhaegor, 25 October 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#54 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostXetelian, on 25 October 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Even with the addition of the tag damage tag kills not everyone brings tag and the lance formation protected proximity and flanking and hit and run don't always happen in matches.

unless you're gaming the system you don't earn C-bills like before. Not all of us want mech murder ball the game.

Or some that would want it can now use their choice they got back and check on the match style that rewards them the best ;-) Win win guys

#55 Sable Phoenix

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

View PostAssiah, on 25 October 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

This is really the heart of the issue tight here. Fantastic post. Needs to be reposted many times.

#56 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 25 October 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

and the missing the whole point award goes to Rhaegor. Congrats bud, you earned it.

#57 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostSable Phoenix, on 25 October 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:

This is really the heart of the issue tight here. Fantastic post. Needs to be reposted many times.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks. This is the Bottom line for many veterans and new players alike. It is also counter productive to trying to get New and Veteran players to play for real goals, objectives, Team play and could be a even bigger problem in CW when it drops....Given what we have been told it will be about. This might still be or at least was a sore spot with some in the player base that have help start this game to begin with, right? CW is projected to be big right?? Lots of players, lots of choice's on mechs, chassis, if this C-bill/XP/GxP drought continues as it has for over a year now, I don't believe CW is gonna have much choice for many new players or Veterans alike to bring what they would like to bring into it. That is not a fun game to play, over and over and over again, well not IMO.

It wears on a New players enough to make them just go away, and the Veteran die harders are only gonna do it for so long. People get tired, bored and either move on or stay and deal with it for a bit longer.... or they become toxic, make alt accounts, team kill, farm bills, exploit pay systems, will not team play if it gets them more c-bills to do another tactic. This is Toxic to the in game experience for all of us, and it wears on you. Same experience is there when we end match and hit the hangers to see what we earned vs. what it cost to buy and equip mechs to be better players in game. Until it ends, and this is solved, I believe we will still be talking about the next patch, the next nerf, the next roll back until all PGI's resource's get pulled to many different ways, this = fail.

#58 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:28 PM

So, to bring it to the point where a newbie can make 200k per match, will the veterans be able to make 1 mil per match?

#59 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostRhaegor, on 25 October 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

The new reward system seems very hit and miss. Some guys post 700dmg games, 2 kills, assists, component kills, this that, maybe 100K, next guy, similar results 78K, next, similar, 214K, your game...500K+? Dear god.......

But really why the vast differences in variation now?

#60 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 25 October 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

The new reward system seems very hit and miss. Some guys post 700dmg games, 2 kills, assists, component kills, this that, maybe 100K, next guy, similar results 78K, next, similar, 214K, your game...500K+? Dear god.......

But really why the vast differences in variation now?

I would of not bumped his nice pick with great earnings back up in the line of post, but the difference in many are some guys are in a hero mech, and in this case for sure he is on PT, which = 50% increase and if he is in a Hero mech, 30% on c-bills earning on top of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users