146 replies to this topic

#21 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

Tina, I have a suggestion ... let us know which suggestions posted in these forums make any difference to the development of MWO, or are at least discussed at those planning meetings you attend.

I - like so many others of your paying customers - have posted many ideas in these forums over the years. And supported many other great ideas proposed by clever and committed players.

But making suggestions in the MWO forums is like shouting into a vaccuum. Nothing is acknowledged by the developers. They are mostly mute and absent from their own forums, and there's little evidence that ideas get considered, let alone implemented.

Like this suggestion. Companies pay me to give them this kind of advice. I gave it to PGI for free. But no response. Nothing.

And this suggestion. Relatively easy to implement, great for your game's longevity, but no reaction at all from PGI.

If we're lucky, at most we get a one month look ahead post... and even that turned into a two-month lookahead post in its last iteration.

So now here you are, asking for suggestions. My suggestion to you is ... tell people what suggestions you are taking forward, and what the reaction to those suggestions was. Because you have three years of perception that suggestions just fall on deaf ears to counter.

I am trying to help.

Edited by Appogee, 30 August 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#22 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:57 PM

Map - old and overgrown Castle Brian ruin.

Think Angkor Wat meets Harrenhal littered with dead mechs, destroyed gun emplacements, and a crashed spheroid Dropship for good measure.

Edited by Tabu 73, 21 June 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#23 Chafe

• PipPip
  • Colonel II
  • Colonel II
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Solaris arena would be an absolutely fantastic addition to this game, I'd love to see a full solaris game mode, but a weekend deathmatch tournament could be a lot of fun as well as allowing you to gauge interest in it.

Alternatively (as I'm sure you'll get bored of seeing the word solaris in this thread pretty soon :P ), how about an event where new / unitless players get to temporarily join units for cw?
I'm unsure of the mechanic you might use to award prizes, but something which encourages new players to get involved, gives them a chance to try out cw with a team that has less chance of getting stomped and offers an opportunity for newer players to learn from vets can only be a good thing as far as cw is concerned.

#24 Iain Black

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:01 AM

Star League themed Account here, so i`m quite upset that you cant win the cameron warhorn etc. when you are not part of a Unit in the current event... (hardcore unit event). those teams likely to win it wont take anyone in for event duration.

i want my cameron warhorn. FFS. :D

#25 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

Urrr-ma-gurdz!!! Castle Brian!!!

#26 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 730 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:06 PM

View PostShadowStealer, on 31 May 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

An idea that my unit has been doing a couple times of year is the stock 3025 matches. Any mech variant and tech from the 3025 TRO is eligible, the catch is, it has to be completely stock: weapons and their placement, ammo amount, single heat sinks, standard armor etc. I am unsure if that is even a feasible idea (trying to setup a system that verifies that information prior to match for scoring would probably be a pain to tackle), but we always have alot of fun getting back to the "roots" of battletech.
Also, would like to see an event where you drop in a lance (4) mechs, and each person has to be in 1 of the different classes 1light/1medium/1heavy/1assault. A sort of lance level teamwork event. the LFG tab would also allow solo players to still achieve the rewards.
I think a capture the flag weekend would be fun, hopefully simple addition to the skirmish gamemode. Have a "flag" at center point of map, then use the "base" markers from assault/conquest and get points for killing the carrier, defending the carrier, scoring with the flag, etc.
Whenever you guys get "a few minutes" please setup a Solaris mode and leaderboards. Would be awesome, just saying. :rolleyes:

Plus, you have the very big obstacle of forcing players to spend money, digital or otherwise, to revert all their mechs to crappy status. I would say this could work if it were with trial mechs only. In fact that's my suggestion: trial mech weekend. So you can have lore-based builds without spending a small fortune in the meantime. Of course for that event many trials would have to be made available at once but that is not hard I think.

#27 FknPrycK

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Going to keep this simple, and this is only my opinion.

I personally have noticed that I "Want to pay" when event directives are for everyone, to get more mechs and upgrades.

I personally have noticed that I "Don't want to pay" when event directives are targeted to "specific mech or pack owners"

Hope this helps.

Who feels the same way?

#28 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:53 AM

What prevents them from doing both, and giving little extra bonuses to mech or pack owners? I fail to see any problem with that. Now, the prices of everything, well...

#29 Bellum Dominum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

When it comes to specific mech pack events like the Resistance one currently taking place may I suggest they be scheduled more towards the begining of the calender month? Most peoples discretionary funds are unavailable at the end of the month and I would think such events where there are bonus rewards for owning the actual pack or multiples of the packs that would help to boost the sales of the packs as well as help the player base to be able to get more out of such events.

#30 FknPrycK

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostTorezu, on 27 August 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

What prevents them from doing both, and giving little extra bonuses to mech or pack owners? I fail to see any problem with that. Now, the prices of everything, well...

Nothing, and IMO the Blood Money event has been a success, everyone can participate to get rewards, and those that forked over that hard earned cash for packs and event mechs get the bonuses. This is a much better way to have rewards for events than I have seen in the past.

Keep event rewards like this and I am sure players will be more inclined to spend money to be more competitive. I know I will.

Some events in the past have been "specific mechs only" if I don't own that mech at the time of the event I probably just won't participate. Money may not be available at the time of the event... no rewards for me usually means, play a different game until next event. "hopes for rewards"

So a big hoorah to Piranha for the Blood Money Event, well done.
Take my money plz, I need upgrades for the King Crabs and a hella cool paint job

#31 Warzog

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAboard the Wildcat's Leopard dropship: The Lair

Posted 31 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

Need to fix Matchmaker. During the Blood Money event I've had a bear of a time getting into matches. With Heavy mechs accounting for 35-44+% of players, getting into a match is rough, I've had times of 2 mins to never on my heavies. Even when light mechs are as low as 7%, I've had times when I couldn't get into a match. And my ping is usually 256 or so, and I have all servers selected. My medium mech rarely gets in, and I have no assaults.

A side note to that:
It seems that there is some lag, or other delay, in the servers. I have noted several times where we would drop, and within 10-15 seconds we are under attack from the other team. And I'm talking attack from their heavies, assaults, as well as their lights and mediums. There is no other explanation for their getting clear across the map so fast. And during such matches, we usually get slaughtered as they've completely surrounded us before we can even group up. (I have also been on the side where we managed to corner the enemy in a similar manner.)
Something clearly isn't right, and it doesn't matter which server we're on, or which mode we're in.

About 5 hours before the Blood Money event ended, the twin clan streak srms on my TBR-A stopped working during matches. They work fine in testing grounds, but not during matches. (pretty much instant death because of it)

Edited by Warzog, 31 August 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#32 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Nice one, glad to see that, unlike some games online, you do take the time to listen to what your players would like and do your best to implement them if they can do.

I one thread, I mentioned that (not 15 minutes or so ago.

I will copy and paste it here, saves me from having to write it all over again, if no one minds?

'I was wondering why, when you log into the forums here, if you have want to view your profile,=, you have to click any number of other links (forums, community, media etc) before you can click on your profile to view your account details. Why is that, can I ask?
Every time time when I log on the forums, if I click my profile link without clicking any other link on the forums, my profile comes up as showing as invalid, which is a bother, so I think it would be good that if someone logs onto the forums, if the first link pilots click on is their profile,, it should come up straightway, instead of having to go first to a bother link on the forum and then click on their profiler. I think it would be just easier to be able to be able to check your profile account without having to go through 1 or 2 or 3 other forums links just to be able to get to see what is in your profile...'
L.T (Boardwalk Defenders - House Liao and the Capellan Confederation).

Another thing, concerning naming 'Mechs, I can understand why there is a cuss filter on them, but maybe it would be a nice idea that when people view other people's profiles, they could see some of the 'Mechs people have and the name names they gave to them, or possible have the ability to add the name of the 'Mech you are using in-game, much like ow you can see your titles to the achievements you have unlocked (ie Force leader, braidesmaid etc).

Edited by Leif Tanner, 31 August 2015 - 01:53 PM.

#33 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:05 PM

Sorry for the double post, but I remember once you help a competition of sorts about what a new cockpit item should be, well how about a Candice Liao bobble-head, much like the Hula Girl trio? zyou even make it into an Event in the future, where those of us in House Liao Can win it after completing a number of skirmishes, conquests, assault etc? A prize for us in House Liao, like when we got that Capellan Confederation flag to have in our cockpits?

Oh but then you would probably have to do something similar for the other Houses and, possibly the Clans...

Still, I always thought it was a cool idea, although I might be a little biased since I adore candice Liao...

#34 maxmarechal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 551 posts
  • Locationnext to you...Bro...

Posted 31 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

stock mode event with stock mechs on loan like trials used to be...cbills rewards and some stock mechs and mechbays...give each stock mech it's BV and here we go...if BV is unbalanced comparing teams BV, make rewards greater for lowest BV...

Edited by maxmarechal, 02 September 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#35 Apollo 42

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

[color="#141823"]To be fair, these scores need to be matched up with the tier level of the player, 300 may not sound like a lot, but when this event is going on it changes the Social behavior of teams, sometimes for the better, but not too often, as well as some people play for fun. It seems only those whom play with the so called Meta builds have a shot at getting the required points, or it becomes a game of luck to get that magic 300 score. I do not know about you but why did they get away from the lower match score events they did those were fine, like the ones they did for trick or treat or Christmas event, those were fair, or much more balanced, and allowed the players to still play for fun and still have a shot at rewards. While I do not hate the Idea of this type of event, I do feel the pressure this newest event, can and will bring out the worst in people, and may even lead to loosing or burning out players of this game. I do not feel we need to be babied, BUT I do feel this event needed to be set up for a reasonable score to qualify based on the tier match, not some arbitrary base score. One reason is that the scoring system, still does not reflect some role warfare, say for example one person has a mech set up to peel armor form a target, for another to then get the kill, the one who gets the kill, gets rewarded more than the one who did the hard work. Or a player that practices selective targeting, I.E someone who does not attack just to hit, but aims for important weapon locations or legs on a light as two examples, may not get the kills, but may be one such key to a team victory, but because of this they get a lower score for doing what is needed to increase the odds of a win. One other method to make this even more balanced is to base it on the mech and its load out or weight class, some lights as an example may have a better rate of fire over time, but due to lacking a quick vomit attack, they are unable to get that magic 300 score, this can extend to any mech with a high skill needed to use like say a guass rifle build, which has a slower rate of fire and does not seem to do as much damage as it should, seems to me it should do more damage to a light mech for an example, as lore even states that a one shot can core out a light, yet one sees loads of lights take many shots to kill short of a Dual guass build hitting a light just right, Now for a Guass build to get a score of 300, he or she has to have a longer match to compete esp with the slower fire rate assuming it always has a target it can hit. Over time an ultra 5 beats it out in dps, I think your 300 match event needs to be looked at from a more fair perspective with scores that reflect the average abilities at each tier you have in match maker. The last thing that worries me is the changing all the maps, While I agree updating them is a good thing, I still feel that they need to be an equal mix, some for range battles, some for short range brawls, some nightmare ones, like, terra therma, which force a player to be very selective about what she or he engages. I always though the idea behind the random map, was that a merc would never know where they would be fighting, and under what conditions. That is why I feel the maps need to have a equal representation for different play styles and mech builds, some should favor those with jumpjets , like mining colective, while others snipers and range builds with a decent amount of cover like canyon network. That is why I am writing these thought here, I do hope you will listen and also listen to the ideas and requests of others that post about improvign the game to make it even better and get even more people to start playing and enjoy the rich lore around the battletech Universe[/color]

#36 Hotthedd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:08 AM

While not an in-game suggestion, how about MechWarriorCon?

PGI could team up with HBS and Catalyst and host a physical event, drawing people from all over.

For the BT fans, MW:O players it would be a chance to meet up with your unit in person, talk to some of the devs face-to-face, have input, have MW:O tournaments (Solaris style?) with everyone having the same ping, all the crazy fun stuff that these conventions have.

For PGI, lots and lots of money...even if its just Canadian dollars. Oh, yeah, and a chance to meet your base.

Edit: To clarify, like Star Trek split off to form its own Convention, BattleTech could do the same, and still be part of GenCon and other gaming conventions.

Edited by Hotthedd, 08 October 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#37 Nothing 15

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

The events are fun, other then the problems from not getting the correct map: frustration, people disconnecting, that feeling of unfairness( i coulda done it if i got the right map! :'( ), ect.

My idea is more with the old past history.
I wana see things brought back, like say you enter a cw match or public que even, and randomly, one of the existing factions in secret is conducting tests on mechs.
Suddenly, the long dead Kerenkskys personal mech with all his old specs shows up, piloted by a random pilot claiming to be his son nicholas, enraging the clans and confusing the inner sphere and the game turns into a free for all battle royal amidst everyones comfusion, targetting data is lost! Who is freind and who is foe!? Only one will survive!! ... Only to be left for dead...

Also, i would love to see event only weapons, if no new o es then at least self quirked weapons xD

#38 dearthcmo

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 11 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

The events are awesome, we need more of them! Also I love the idea of having "random" events, some lone elite warrior/unit shows up on the field and everyone can either team to kill him/them or have a free for all.

#39 Aaziz

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Hello, MWO team!

Just noticed, that lot of our unit members really angry about UNEXPECTED Tukayyid event. The reason are simple - people farming using other factions and with 3 days cooldown they are lost for unit. Just an idea - what about to make a ZERO cooldown at least BEFORE event starts?

Thank you.

#40 Phadrus Corpus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:16 PM

can't paly CW anyway; CRASH whenever I try to play; UNEXPECTED ******** HAPPENED; thanks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users