ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:27 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 June 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Think about who is running the game Bishop. It's not like their track record is even remotely clean.

And yet...is it realyl worse a track record than mos tif the ideas and QQ in the forums?

#22 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

Maybe. Or maybe there are less really good light pilots than people want to believe.

Really thats your response?

#23 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

"Nuts."

#24 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Largely:

WTF
Posted Image

Things are getting bigger almost across the board, when, balance wise, they most certainly should not be.
It's Pulse Laser normalization all over again...but you can't just swap to PPCs

Edited by Mcgral18, 17 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#25 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 June 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

And yet...is it realyl worse a track record than mos tif the ideas and QQ in the forums?

Allow me

CW 90 DAYS AWAY!!!!......

3 Years later..... GHOST TOWN

#26 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 June 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Damn lights gonna be an extinct class.

Yes, this is my only major complaint, really. But to be honest, it doesn't affect me much personally, because my personal favourites (Raven, Locust and ACH) were untouched. My Wolfhounds and Firestarters got screwed, but I'm ok with that.

I think light mechs need more than shrinkage and quirks though. I think the key to saving light mechs in MWO is to nerf agility for all bigger mechs. All mechs except light mechs should have reduced turn rate, acceleration speed, etc, at varying degrees (heavy mechs nerfed more than medium mechs, of course) And also, implement some f*cking role warfare skill trees. Not every mech in the game should have a 7.5% speed bonus.

I never really liked the fact that PGI tried to balance the LCT-1V by making it the size of a thimble, with almost instant acceleration to full speed and 9000% cooldown bonus.

#27 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Executioner, while one of the tallest mechs in Battletech, if not THE tallest, didn't need to get bigger.

So let's see where Bishop's accurate scale gets us. I'd be fine with the whole "Baseline Scale" concept if it didn't take PGI 50 years to adjust things.

#28 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 17 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Yes, this is my only major complaint, really. But to be honest, it doesn't affect me much personally, because my personal favourites (Raven, Locust and ACH) were untouched. My Wolfhounds and Firestarters got screwed, but I'm ok with that.

I think light mechs need more than shrinkage and quirks though. I think the key to saving light mechs in MWO is to nerf agility for all bigger mechs. All mechs except light mechs should have reduced turn rate, acceleration speed, etc, at varying degrees (heavy mechs nerfed more than medium mechs, of course) And also, implement some f*cking role warfare skill trees. Not every mech in the game should have a 7.5% speed bonus.

I never really liked the fact that PGI tried to balance the LCT-1V by making it the size of a thimble, with almost instant acceleration to full speed and 9000% cooldown bonus.

Jenners just got moved down two notches

They took the 1 mech with arguably the easiest to hit Hit Boxes in the game and made them LARGER with no compensation

#29 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:32 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 17 June 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Crab
Grasshopper
Black Knight
Highlander IIC
Zeus
Jenner and IIC
Executioner
RIP my friends
How do you go into the rescale planning to make things better, but end up with more mechs that got worse?

Weird that you use those as examples, when the Black Knight and the Jenners (Oxide + Jenner IICs) are among the most popular mechs in the game. And the Grasshopper is up there as well.

There really weren't too many cases of bottom tier mechs that got kicked deeper into the mud. Highlanders, for sure. Zeus, I guess.

#30 Kadreal

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

I'm a light pilot and I approve this patch.

Though that may be because the two lights I drive (COM and ACH) were untouched by this patch. Also, I'm glad to see the locust shrink. I found it odd that it looked bigger than my Commando at 80% of the weight. It was the main reason I hadn't picked it up.

I am slightly saddened that the firestarter is so big now. No more 1.2k damage games for me. Then again I haven't piloted that thing in forever.

To help balance out lights that will undoubtedly have reduce survivability due to this, they may need to add some quirks that give them a bit more survivability...

#31 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

As far as Clan 'mechs go, I think the Mad Dog and Timber Wolf are the big winners. The stance change is amazing and it makes them look more like they do in many of their official BattleTech renditions, a little more crouched, ready to burst into a run and attack. Also, the Mad Dog finally got longer laser barrels (I hope the Warhawk did too!).

I think the biggest loser of the Clans is the Dire Wolf. While making it smaller is nice, I think they shouldn't have scrunched it up so much lengthwise. Instead of being a well-proportioned, sleek killing machine, it has been turned into something more resembling its pudgy model in MW4 Posted Image

Edited by TELEFORCE, 17 June 2016 - 04:34 PM.

#32 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 June 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

Jenners just got moved down two notches
They took the 1 mech with arguably the easiest to hit Hit Boxes in the game and made them LARGER with no compensation

The Oxide and Jenner IIC were still among the most popular light mechs in the game though, despite their weakness. It's not like the poor Oxide pilots were struggling to stay alive with their CT hitboxes. They were doing just fine. Yes, it was a weakness, but they were still arguably the most popular light mechs in the game.

<shrug>

#33 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

It's interesting to see the new sizes. Non-humanoid 'Mechs aren't that much affected because of their shape.
  • Dire Wolf finally has a face job! (her nose is not that enormous 747-like anymore)
  • Warhawk is disappoint because she was hoping to get that liposuction treatment but didn't get it.
  • A lot of reverse jointed 'Mechs finally have more pleasing bend! WTF happened to Jagermech's knees?!
  • WTF happened to HBK-IIC's arms?!
  • Sad lights

#34 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

View PostAlistair Winter, on 17 June 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Weird that you use those as examples, when the Black Knight and the Jenners (Oxide + Jenner IICs) are among the most popular mechs in the game. And the Grasshopper is up there as well.

There really weren't too many cases of bottom tier mechs that got kicked deeper into the mud. Highlanders, for sure. Zeus, I guess.

The Oxide just got hammered into the ground with the accell deccel nerf, it will now no longer be able to have any chance of staying behind ANY mech.

#35 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:36 PM

The re-scale gets a big thumbs up from me. Instead of having a bunch of arbitrarily sized Mechs, they picked one standard (even if it is arbitrary) and sized all the Mech to it so they are properly sized in relation to one another. Honestly, that is best you can ask for and the right way to do it.

#36 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

I actually surprised myself by my reaction to the rescale. I was fully expecting to be annoyed, but to my relief I found I didn't care at all. I play only Inner Sphere mechs and enjoy most of them. Some of my favourites became bigger targets...so what? Looking at the nearly full chart of mechs, proportionally it's not that bad and I can live with it and still have fun.

#37 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

View PostDarian DelFord, on 17 June 2016 - 04:35 PM, said:

The Oxide just got hammered into the ground with the accell deccel nerf, it will now no longer be able to have any chance of staying behind ANY mech.

Hammered into the ground? You and I definitely aren't playing the same game. In the game I'm playing, Oxides are still top 3 most popular light mechs, consistently getting better scores and more kills than other light mechs. Not as monstrously powerful as before, but still blowing most competition out of the water.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 17 June 2016 - 04:39 PM.

#38 Livestick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 17 June 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Crab
Grasshopper
Black Knight
Highlander IIC
Zeus
Jenner and IIC
Executioner

RIP my friends

How do you go into the rescale planning to make things better, but end up with more mechs that got worse?

By being PGI.

#39 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I wish they had set the start point smaller, 35 tonners got screwed hard. Time will tell how it plays though.

#40 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I predict this thread will reach... 15 pages by the time it reaches 12AM PST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users