175 replies to this topic

#101 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostCK16, on 05 April 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

Am I the only one that feels Tha PGI is damned if they do, damn if they don't here? Because of the way the omni system works? If they release a hero with a omni pod not available in game or lore it is auto deemed pay to win....if the release one with basic omni pods it is thrown into the lot of useless because it isn't "meta" or brings nothing new.....Like honestly guys what do you expect PGI do to! Part of a hero is that it should have some unique hardpoints, this s from the get go of most hero mechs! I am not try to white Knight here...But come on folks the whole PGI witch hunt is getting old...every freaking to time a new mech or hero is released OMG power creep PTW! And no one suggests and alternative to how to correct the loadouts or something! (No the silly "less mechs, more X" is not a solution)

I just want basic things that make sense... Like don't nerf omnipods to the point that players can't swap them as the concept intends.

And don't put out mechs like the Shadow Cat and Hellbringer without the ECM hardpoint that defines them. What's next, a Kodiak hero without ballistics?

#102 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 05 April 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

I just want basic things that make sense... Like don't nerf omnipods to the point that players can't swap them as the concept intends.

And don't put out mechs like the Shadow Cat and Hellbringer without the ECM hardpoint that defines them. What's next, a Kodiak hero without ballistics?

Quick note:

The ECM does not define either mech. We, as MWO players, have made it so in the context in the game, and it was reinforced by lack of options. Only one Hellbringer and only one Shadow Cat out of all the variants we have thus far been granted carry ECM. We, the players, given lack of other good options, use said ECM left torsos in both mechs across all builds because, again, there is a lack of good options otherwise.

The Hellbringer is in an unfortunate spot, in this, as the Prime LT with ECM also has 3E baked in, so even without ECM it is an ideal side torso. The Shadow Cat, on the other hand, has no such trap. If PGI released a Left Torso with suitable hardpoints on it, that ECM would likely be discarded in several effective builds. What defines the Shadow Cat is how it handles. How it blends speed, firepower, and maneuverability. Not the ECM.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 05 April 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#103 Winther

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 04 April 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

Close. "Ter" was the Hellbringer she piloted on Glory when she ran into Jorge/Aidan again. She says in 'Bloodname' that she never names her 'Mechs because she finds it silly but since she hated the Hellbringer so much she named it Ter after the Falconer Commander (Ter Roshak) that ruined her life.

Whether that was also the one that she was pulled out of on Twycross, I do not know. And I have no clue where PGI got Virago because there is a good chance she would not have named another 'Mech -- see above -- and after "Ter" she mostly piloted Mad Dogs. Except...

I found this curious too, and gave Bloodname and Falcon Guard a look-over to see if there is were any hints there. The fight at Glory station has 'Ter' equipped with PPCs in the arms, three torso-mounted medium lasers, and SRMs- sounds like the stock loadout. Perhaps then this is what she piloted while in the Jade Falcon Guards? If so, then we can complain if the paint scheme does or does not match the JFG or Gamma Galaxy paint schemes :)

As for the name, Virago is defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary as "a loud overbearing woman", "a woman of great stature, strength, and courage", with a Latin root meaning "female warrior". It seems a careless and ignorant to not use a lore-name for a mech in one of the few cases in which one exists, but maybe it can be thought that this is what others refer to Joannas Hellbringer rather than something endonymic?

All of this to say nothing of the fact that Joannas preferred mech was the Mad Dog, and if one wished to pick a lore-popular Jade Falcon that liked piloting a Hellbringer Diana would have been a better choice.

#104 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostDelta1262 Scorch, on 05 April 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

Also waited for this to happen or atleast in hero mad dog, or maybe all the mech line improvements, if we're now junping in the timeline to the Civil War. While current maddog even have 2 empty slots in CT, just for some small/medpulses,...and make them moveable and synchronised with the arms crosshair Posted Image, even if not moveable - what a waste not to use that potential.Posted Image
But in MW4 there were neutral slots, not for some specific kind of weapon, and in that trailer and custom loadouts - there are 2 medpulses mounted in there.

Youre right with the 2 medpls. was just so excited.

#105 JasonIIC

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostCK16, on 05 April 2017 - 03:51 AM, said:

Am I the only one that feels Tha PGI is damned if they do, damn if they don't here? Because of the way the omni system works? If they release a hero with a omni pod not available in game or lore it is auto deemed pay to win....if the release one with basic omni pods it is thrown into the lot of useless because it isn't "meta" or brings nothing new.....Like honestly guys what do you expect PGI do to! Part of a hero is that it should have some unique hardpoints, this s from the get go of most hero mechs! I am not try to white Knight here...But come on folks the whole PGI witch hunt is getting old...every freaking to time a new mech or hero is released OMG power creep PTW! And no one suggests and alternative to how to correct the loadouts or something! (No the silly "less mechs, more X" is not a solution)

I think we can all agree that what we all really want is a head omnipod with thirty crit spaces, 100 armor, and 6 energy, 6 ballistic, and 6 missile hard points. With ECM.

#106 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

View PostTarogato, on 05 April 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

Does it now?

6x cSRM6a + 6x cERSL: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...521ff8d59cbf543

6x cSRM6a + plenty extra DHS and ammo http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ba6f2713d12b43a

4x cSRM6a + 6x cSPL http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fb26a99de25a38c

Compare those to this MDD, which is one of the best brawlers in the game, and destroys almost anything in 1v1 http://mwo.smurfy-ne...99aa4aad52c0b4d

The EXE gets huge shield arms for twisting damage. It's let down as a brawler by its hardpoints not being very good for its tonnage. The missile omnipods fix that problem. It's a potentially a very big deal. My solace is in the fact that MRBC and other leagues are starting to ban heroes, so at least we don't need to buy into these paywalls to stay competitive. Hopefully CWX 1v1 and others follow suit.

A MDD will outbrawl a Spirit Bear or Orion IIC-A in a 1v1? Interesting.

Still bitter about not getting what I want out of the EXE hero. Hopefully the EXE-E will come some day.

#107 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

I would love to buy the Joanna Hellbringer just for fanboy-ism but with the exclusive omnipods that is crying for pay2win it's a no go for me. I don't want to support such a thing with real money.

The reason for hero mechs in the past were the c-bill bonus and special camo+geometry not this exclusive omnipod ********.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 05 April 2017 - 03:29 PM.

#108 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

Following my earlier post, and Russ' new tweets, here are a few proposed redistribution of hard-points on Hero II/III mechs:

SHC:

To: LA 1E, LT 1E1M, CT -, RT 1M, RA 1B

Provides unique LT in direct competition with the C-Bill ECM left torso. Player's choice is between stealth or firepower.

IFR:

To: LA 1E1B, LT ECM, CT -, RT -, RA 1E1M

Provides unique LA and RA. Provides unique LT ECM, however this is the player's decision if they want to give up the C-Bill 1M LT for it.

GAR:

*To: LA 2M1B, LT -, CT 1E, RT -, RA 2M1B

*Note: added an additional missile hardpoint in the total count.

Provides unique LA and RA that directly compete with the laserfists. Completely strips out the side torso weapons because there is no equivalency in C-Bill variations.

EXE:

To: LA 2M, LT 1B1E, CT-, RT 2E, RA 2M

Provides unique RA and unique LT. Missile arms compete directly with the laserfists, and the ballistic left torso option is self limited by how crit limited the Executioner is as an overall package.

All of these maintain the same hardpoints, but change one or many actual mounting locations. The only exception being the GAR which, really, I mostly did out of a dislike of asymmetry. Posted Image

#109 gearheadstu

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

I'd really like to see MASC used as a way of giving us a real, substantive choice in build & playstyle.

HBR LT: 2M + MASC. That opens up at least one build that is completely unique, and is a great alternative to the otherwise-mandatory ECM pod.

ACH: Same-ish deal there. Trade off sneak for burst speed? Yes!

SHC: Either 2E or 2M LT. Trade off sneak for vomit/splat potential.

MLX: Give me an option for 4x MGs.

#110 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

Due to PGI's more or less "Rigid" restriction on mechbuilding rules, you'll never see an omnimech with a MASC Hardpoint.

Most you'll see is, maybe, the addition of a Supercharger HP down the road, but MASC is incompatible with Omnimechs unless it was mounted in the base chassis.

#111 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

Hero Maddog II with jump jets.
NUFF SAID

#112 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

View PostKHAN ATTAKHAN, on 05 April 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Hero Maddog II with jump jets.
NUFF SAID

Don't forget the hero wolfhound with ECM and GRH with ballistics. Cuz...we think it should have something to be cool so we changed it a bit (pgi). It's ok when hero variants have some intresting optons like different side of weapons or such but here we have true unique mechs which outperform std varians in papper.

And yes, atm we have 3 big packs for preored and no any new content for the game like maps and mods. Only broken CW.

#113 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Still waiting to get a Summoner energy torso for cbills.

#114 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

View PostSixpack, on 05 April 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Oh nice, Clan heroes!

Time to look at them.

Wow, that Ebon Jaguar has a disgusting paint job, I wonder what smoke jag would..

Affiliation: Clan Cloud Cobra

Yeah, I am seriously disappointed in you PGI Posted Image

i feel you brother

#115 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 05 April 2017 - 03:42 PM, said:

Following my earlier post, and Russ' new tweets, here are a few proposed redistribution of hard-points on Hero II/III mechs:

SHC:

To: LA 1E, LT 1E1M, CT -, RT 1M, RA 1B

Provides unique LT in direct competition with the C-Bill ECM left torso. Player's choice is between stealth or firepower.

IFR:

To: LA 1E1B, LT ECM, CT -, RT -, RA 1E1M

Provides unique LA and RA. Provides unique LT ECM, however this is the player's decision if they want to give up the C-Bill 1M LT for it.

GAR:

*To: LA 2M1B, LT -, CT 1E, RT -, RA 2M1B

*Note: added an additional missile hardpoint in the total count.

Provides unique LA and RA that directly compete with the laserfists. Completely strips out the side torso weapons because there is no equivalency in C-Bill variations.

EXE:

To: LA 2M, LT 1B1E, CT-, RT 2E, RA 2M

Provides unique RA and unique LT. Missile arms compete directly with the laserfists, and the ballistic left torso option is self limited by how crit limited the Executioner is as an overall package.

All of these maintain the same hardpoints, but change one or many actual mounting locations. The only exception being the GAR which, really, I mostly did out of a dislike of asymmetry. Posted Image

Improvements, you say? Avoid P2W situations, you say (not you personally, maybe)? Let us see...

SHC: an omnipod completely superior to existing ones bar the ECM one... and nothing else? For all these thousands of MC? Maybe not P2W since Scat has never been the people's mech to begin with, but hardly much of a value for my money.

IFR: the ballistic right arm was supposed to provide an alternative to an existing IFR-A ballistic left arm, which in turn is completely obviated by the new left arm. Not much of an improvement for me, no sir.

GAR: again, your arms completely outclass the existing Prime arms that are barely used anyway, at least not together since Gargoyle lacks pod space for all that. So after a fashion it is P2W but not even the one to be worth the asking price, just like Scat.

EXE: while I agree with another 2M arm the LT falls into the same trap yet again, obviating the С and D left torsi. Come on, even 2B would be more preferable since we already have 2B in Prime RT so not much in the way of P2W but it still allows, say, quad MG which goes a long way for EXE as a brawler.

#116 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 05 April 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

So according to Russ' Twitter the "p2w" doesn't affect Clan Mechs in the future since there will probably Cbill variants of these Mechs/pods released. Inner Sphere non Omni Heroes remain "p2w" though.

Mission accomplished.

@PGI if you do this for Wave 1 Heroes I hope you give refunds for faithful buyers of these? Well, I just assumed you would stick to your buisness model which you did for several years. There was nowhere a note to be found that these would ever be available for CBills.

I want my money back if it comes to this. You think I pay this much for a single texture skin?

So the whiners claim another victory? And I have bought an Ultraviolet as far as yesterday. At least I have not bought these heroes yet. Good grief Posted Image

Edit: also absolutely no bias for the Inner Sphere, no sir. At least we have Clan battlemechs.

Edited by Sniper09121986, 05 April 2017 - 11:16 PM.

#117 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 05 April 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

If they release those Wave 1 Hero pods I just want my money back for 'em. I mean how about they release a non-hero version of every IS Heromech? To avoid "p2w"? It's a ridiculous claim and move. And PGI removes yet another a leg they are standing on financially. How much do they have left?

I might retain my Ultraviolet for that CT missile hardpoint and Cbill grinding purposes, but otherwise I will be VERY hard-pressed to spend MC or whatnot on omnimechs. A more agreeable solution:

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 05 April 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

as long as they are balanced properly i dont see a problem,
that said i do think Hero OmniPods should be Available perhaps for MC,

most MLXs are worth 6,000,000,
OmniPods are worth 350,000 x 7(number of Pods per Mech) = 2,450,000,
2,450,000, / 6,000,000 = 40.8 lets say 41% the worth of the Mech (or 5.9% per OmniPod)
2,500MC for a MLX, so a Hero OmniPod should cost 150MC(lets Double that, 300MC)

i think 300MC per Hero OmniPod is Fair,

#118 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:29 AM

Another quickie by PGI's dilettantes. There is no end to my surprise about PGI's lack of respect to their only client base.

Joanna'd named her Hellbringer 'Ter' after the senior a...hole officer of the Falcon Guards, as the story goes in the Aidan Pryde series. It is also absolutely out of her character to have some f...ing fancy paintjob all over the Mech, since she had been always described as scruff, uncaring and very much utilitarian, etc.

Okay canadian dudes, you milk this bunch of old BT/MW fanboys, but tell me why don't you show some f...ing respect to the fans who keep your ret...rded project still afloat? I guess the only answer would be: 'there will be enough morons to buy that cr...p as it is, so why bother to check some idiotic poorly written fluff or whatnot?'.

#119 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

Isn't all this argument back to front?

Because of the ECM in the Hellbringer and Shadowcat torso being on a standard variant it is easy to add it to all the other variants making it pretty much standard across the board.

But because there is a single hero pod for the Shadowcat that gives one single build just that little extra on what is considered a lesser chassis it is suddenly OP?
Or the Gargoyle suddenly gets some torso mounts and it's the end of the world because it might be possible for one build to make good use of them?

Maybe make the pods available for MC, but that's it:
EDIT: Changed my mind. No Hero Omnipods for MC and defintely not for C-Bills.
These mechs are meant to be unique.

Competitive play should have no bearing or relevance in this conversation as it has always been an independent set of rules made by the players outside of the regular game modes and decided on to make a 'tournament' fair.

If we are going down this path, can we go back and revisit the Resistance II hero mechs because the Wolfhound with that ECM just has to go and that Black Knight with an Autocannon needs to be all lasers just like the others, same for the Crab and Grasshopper. Can't have that.

Edited by 50 50, 06 April 2017 - 02:17 PM.

#120 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

View PostSixpack, on 05 April 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Oh nice, Clan heroes!

Time to look at them.

Wow, that Ebon Jaguar has a disgusting paint job, I wonder what smoke jag would..

Affiliation: Clan Cloud Cobra

Yeah, I am seriously disappointed in you PGI Posted Image

Based on the lore reference the owner got a sex change to boot. Or maybe "Vesper" is just his drag queen name? Apparently the guy spent a lot of time playing referee on some backwater trial planet, that kind of boredom could lead to some interesting things.

(A tacky neon ebonwhale used by a super-religious, cross dressing Clan diplomat? Now I definitely want one, it'll go great with the purple lbx direwhale)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users